HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Great work environment but very low pay
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 7, 2017
Great work environment but very low pay for paraprofessionals! I had a bachelor degree and 2 years experience, and I still not get much of an increase in salary..increase only by $3 hourly.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
low pay for paraprofessionals, even with experience
Hr
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Houston County, GASeptember 13, 2017
Working at the school was very enlightening and educational. However, dealing with the HR staff was not so nice. Thank you Houston County for the experience.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low wage
Great place to work if you love children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 7, 2017
Almost everyone you encounter will be helpful and/or optimistic. It's a great job for young adults and for elder adults on low income health plans. If you're looking to make money, don't come here. It's all about the children, and making sure they succeed at all future endeavors. I had immense job satisfaction working here, and I have every intention of returning someday.
Pros
Free admission to school sporting events, state healthcare, lots of school vacations
Cons
Low pay, can be the most stressful job ever
Bus Monitor
Bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 23, 2017
I really enjoyed being able to work with children of all ages. Also providing care for children with special needs. This was one of my favorite jobs. Had the opportunity to travel as well.
Great environment to help the next generation
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 9, 2017
By working in the school system, you're not just making a living. You're helping the next generation achieve goals and set an example for the future. You also work with professionals who are dedicated to going above and beyond to make a great place for children to learn.
Pros
Working with professionals
Cons
Not as much room for growth as I would like.
Education
Business Educator at Warner Robins High School (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 7, 2017
An educator's position is extremely fast pace. A high school educator balances 130 students per day with several different preperations of subjects. As an educator, you have to be extremely flexible, up to date on technology, and organized. With the education and experience an educator has autonomy in the classroom.
Pros
Changes happen daily.
Productive and fun workplace to have the opportunity to serve students nutritional entrees.
Cafeteria Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 30, 2017
Being a cafeteria assistant was a great opportunity to experience. I had to have the ability two walk, move, climb, carry, bend, kneel, craw, reach, handle, push and pull. The ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. The ability to stand for long periods of time, and the ability to be exposed to chemicals.
very rewarding job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Erin, TNJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Houston County Board of Education. I enjoy working one on one with the students and staff. I moved form room to room helping with special education students. I loved the people I worked with. It was like working with family. The hardest part was seeing some slower student struggle to learn what was easy for others. I learned that not all students have the same support at home as other
Pros
I was on the same schedule as my own kids.
Cons
no insurance
Efficient
Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, GAJune 30, 2017
Baked cakes and got things ready for customers. I enjoyed all parts of my job. I got along well with the manager. Everyone had a good attitude. I learned how to cook.
Working with marching band
Marching Band Instructor (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 29, 2017
Got to work with an amazing group of band members and staff. The kids were great and worked hard to accomplish their goals. Fantastic organization to be apart of.
Best Job Ever
Media Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 6, 2017
Fun work environment. Great people to work with. Very rewarding helping in the education of children. Pay not the best, but other benefits outweigh the pay.
Great people
Substitute Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAMay 11, 2017
Great environment with great people. Hours were short but flexible. As a substitute I could pick which days I was available and unavailable. Very fast paced.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Fun and productive environment
Team Leader & Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 a.m. when I let my little angels in the building. daily I learn to take one day in at a time. The management and staff are second to none at my school. The workplace and culture is that of a family atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is seeing students who don't care about their future. The most thing I enjoy is teaching, communicating with adults, making my students, and administrative team proud.
Pros
Repeated Behaviors by the same students and the pack of parental support with each individual child.
Wonferful place to eork.
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAMarch 27, 2017
I need to complete hours to complete my addiction and substance abuse counseling certification.I have enjoyed my time with this company and will continue to work for this company until my retirement.
Pros
Time to complete work and encouragement to complete professional learning.
Cons
No cons
Faculty and students worked together to create a positive learning atmosphere for students.
Family & Consumer Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rehobeth High SchoolFebruary 8, 2017
I taught Family & Consumer Science classes, such as Parenting, Foods & technology, Clothing Design, and Family Connections classes. I was not only responsible for lesson plans & teaching these classes, I was also required to do all the custodial work for my classroom, large sewing area and four kitchen area. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep this huge area clean, while also teaching, grading papers, cooking activities, etc.
Pros
Great faculty & great learning atmosphere.
Cons
Very long hours, after students left, I often had to clean, grade papers, enter grades in the computer and do lesson plans.
Loved my job!!!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bonaire, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Stayed busy most of the day. Many different health issues. Management was awesome. Family oriented. When my kids moved to High school. Taking care of everyone
Pros
Meeting so many people
Cons
Kids moving up, lots of paperwork.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston County, GADecember 7, 2016
variety of classrooms and students
great co-workers
front staff is always great
enjoyed working with the children
leaving the kids is the hardest part of the job
Great job and love the employees
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31088October 26, 2016
Working for the Houston County board of education I get to meet all sorts of people. From the employees I work with on a daily basis to dealing with secretaries and principals. I meet all kinds of different people with different personalities. I enjoy dealing with different employees when it comes to delivering the school supplies. I enjoy seeing the kids in the schools going to class and to watch them in different sporting activities. This school system is a great place to work the employees all over the school system are friendly.
Produce at workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 16, 2016
I love my job and like to bring my professionalism.
My relationships are very good . Case management and counseling for children, adolescents and adul
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Very nice school district.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 2, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Houston County BOE for the past 8 years. The students, parents and employees are very pleasant to work with.