HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION

HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Employer Reviews

Productive, educational enviornment set up for successful learning.
Volunteer Teachers Assistant (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Discussion on reading assignments given the previous day. Followed by a writing assignment designed to improve skills in writing, critical thinking, and overall learning.
A great place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), Ashford, ALSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: flexable
I was blessed to be employeed with Houston County Board of Education for the last 14 years as a teacher. I met some of the best people in the world and got to educate some of the best children.
Great place to work---hard to get hired!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2013
I enjoy my job, but would prefer to be working full-time with benefits.
Wonderful experience working with the students.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 9, 2013
Pros: great pay, raises, holiday and summer pay, and great benefits
Cons: weather conditions and help with discipline problems.
My dream job as a child. I learned a lot about driving school buses and road safety and hazards. I was exposed to the elements of heat, cold, and rain. The smiling faces and laughter of the student made my day go by faster to where I didn't want to leave them. Our school system is the best in the state of Georgia and my supervisors and transportation – more... director made my employment there important. I was the youngest driver at age 18 at the time and at age 22 when I left. I left a tremendous mark behind the wheel and with great drivers who were great co-workers. I left for a different atmosphere and for a job where I can travel more than inside of the city. – less
caring school system
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: children, parents, and technology
Cons: not enough time with students
I enjoyed my time with Houston County School System. I was able to work within various grades as a special education teacher. I enjoyed my time in the world of Autism best. I learned a lot about differentiation. I also enjoyed the availibility and being able to incorporate it into the classroom.
very productive
Child Nutrition Associate (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, team effort needed
very nice place to work if you have children and want to be home at the same time they arrive!
I worked a substitue teacher in Houston County.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Erin, TNFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: disciplined schools
Cons: temporary job
I would go to one of the three schools where I lived as I was going to get my teaching degree. I had a variety of experience in Elementary and Middle School. I liked the home town environment as I performed as a teacher.
produtive and fun place to work
Custodian (Current Employee), Perry, GADecember 25, 2012
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: shorts breaks
the work day is very smooth going and all the worker get alongs well. The management is great and will listen to you if you have a problem. The hardest part of the job is the kids getting in your way.
Work as much or little as you want
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 23, 2012
You pick what level (elementary, middle or high school), what days and what subjects you would like to teach. Perfect for someone in school or someone who just wants part time work.