HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Great job and love the employees
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31088October 26, 2016
Working for the Houston County board of education I get to meet all sorts of people. From the employees I work with on a daily basis to dealing with secretaries and principals. I meet all kinds of different people with different personalities. I enjoy dealing with different employees when it comes to delivering the school supplies. I enjoy seeing the kids in the schools going to class and to watch them in different sporting activities. This school system is a great place to work the employees all over the school system are friendly.
Produce at workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 16, 2016
I love my job and like to bring my professionalism.
My relationships are very good . Case management and counseling for children, adolescents and adul
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Maintain my own schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 23, 2016
Hardest part is when a child shows hard times at home. Most enjoyable times are when children say they had a good day. I learned how to communicate with students who have other issues.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salary
Professional work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 5, 2016
Review the absent teacher lesson plan and make sure the students continue the school day the same way as if there teacher was there.
Pros
You choose which days you want to work
Cons
no benefits
Excellent work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 11, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for the school system. I worked in the high schools for about 16 years. At this time in my life, I need more income and benefits. I
Very nice school district.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 2, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Houston County BOE for the past 8 years. The students, parents and employees are very pleasant to work with.
Houston County Board of Education
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Houston County Board of Education has provided me with a great working environment as well as the essential tools I need to perform my job. I have learned from this job experience how to be patience and listen. I have grasp the concept of supervising young adults by adapting to their learning techniques and disseminating the fundamental information needed to graduate from high school. In addition, my co-workers have taught me how to be a team player. The hardest part of my job is when I can not get through to the student the information that is vital for life. The most enjoyable part of my day is the expressing on the students face as they absorb the information I am pouring out.
Wonderful experience working with the students.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 9, 2013
My dream job as a child. I learned a lot about driving school buses and road safety and hazards. I was exposed to the elements of heat, cold, and rain. The smiling faces and laughter of the student made my day go by faster to where I didn't want to leave them. Our school system is the best in the state of Georgia and my supervisors and transportation director made my employment there important. I was the youngest driver at age 18 at the time and at age 22 when I left. I left a tremendous mark behind the wheel and with great drivers who were great co-workers. I left for a different atmosphere and for a job where I can travel more than inside of the city.
Pros
Great pay, raises, holiday and summer pay, and great benefits
Cons
Weather conditions and help with discipline problems.
Productive, team building, good food
Mover (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 6, 2015
Each morning I would help load up the Semi - truck at 7:30 A.M. if it was not done from yesterday afternoon. When the Semi- truck was loaded we went to different schools and unloaded the textbooks and furniture and then we would go to another school and unload more items there. I learned how to lift properly from here and how to work with teens and adults with very different backgrounds than myself. The management and co-workers were alright although sometimes there was a lot of crude humor. The hardest thing about this job is not having a sense for why other people's behavior on the job is crude. The most enjoyable part of this job was the 1 hour lunch break and sometimes we would go out as a group to Pizza Hut.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, air conditioned break room
Cons
co-workers humor could be crude, very short breaks other than lunch
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Perry, GANovember 30, 2014
Great Co-workers, competitive pay, excellent benefits, eight hour workdays and some overtime is required. Great learning opportunities to advance, management is also great. Great job environment.
Great location to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Enjoy working with the children, and great environment, hardest part is when you are short of help at the workplace, I learned how to communicate more with vendors and associates.
Pros
Free lunches, working with the children
Cons
health insurance
Productive work and the caring of the children and making sure that they are taken care of in a safe and enjoyable setting.
Lunchroom Monitor (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 26, 2014
A typical day is 3 hours of working with many children from Pre-K to 5th Graders for 30 minutes for each class. I have learned many things by working with my co-workers and with all the different types of children that we do have at the school where I work. I have also learned from many that work in the school including but not limited to teachers, principals, parents and others that visit our school. I enjoy working with my co-workers as we work together as a team always. The hardest part of the job is not having any benefits and not getting paid during holidays and summer months. If we are not working with the children in the lunchroom and or school is no open due to weather or holidays we as lunchroom monitors do not get paid nor are we allowed any over time what so ever. The most enjoyable part of the job is the love and caring for the children and from the children.
Pros
Having a job to go to.
Cons
No benefits at all.
It was good
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 26, 2016
I love working for the board because it taught me alot about outdoor and how to work.I can use what I learned for the board and use for when I work at another place that do landscaping
rewarding by the children
Sub/Lunch Room (Former Employee) –  Houston, COJanuary 10, 2016
To work with the children is great, but some of the staff are very unfriendly and rude. They never really smile, they seem like they are upset and they are just not happy. Not a very positive work place to be at in the kitchen.
Great place to work, fun and lots of friendly folks
MEP Home/School Liaison (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work, everyone is friendly and I acquired all my tutor skills there. Learned how to advocate for student's and their families and management always available when you needed them. Coworkers know how to work as a team. Hardest part of the job is when there aren't enough resources to help the student. Helping student's and the families was the most enjoyable
Pros
Great Training, guidance and coaching
Cons
Could always use more funds to help out the student
Great place to work! Administration is very supportive and understanding.
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 28, 2015
As an art teacher you are always on the run, preparing for the next class, but the days fly by. You can always look to administration for support, help, and understanding. The hardest part of the job would be the time constraints for preparing between classes. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I see the eyes open wide when a student finally understands a more difficult concept. Students tend to come to art class with the same frame of learning as they do in other classes. Once they learn to "switch gears" they become excited and their love for art grows and grows and they want to learn more on their own. THAT makes me excited about my job!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short planning times and minimal restroom breaks.
Good company to work for
Student Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 2, 2015
Loved everything about the first job with the BOE. Had great peers and supervisors. Left the position because of hour reduction. Took another position within the same department. In the second position, I loved my job but didn't get the administrative support necessary to provide quality services when needed. My coworkers and immediate supervisor were great.
I really enjoyed working for Houston County BOE
Student Support Team Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 9, 2015
Working for HCBE allowed me the opportunity to meet new people, become more socially aware of children with special needs and to work with a variety of people from all walks of life.
this was a good place to work not enough money and hour for the work.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAApril 8, 2015
I started out in the early morning making and setting up for breakfast and serving and a short break than started lunch menu. learn how baking,cook,do fruit and vegetables for thousands of people, how put the daily paperwork in the computer,how to inventor,order and stock grocery.i learned how schedule people for work to work load.Learn how get a long with co-workers.the hardest part of this job was cleaning and stocking the stockroom, freezer,and cooler.the most enjoyable part of this job the trips,short vocation all year long.
Pros
free lunch, good trips, lots of vocation
Cons
short breaks, monthly pay
Leading educational system
Guidance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 29, 2014
My job is reflective of a dynamic, challenging environment where educational success incorporates cognitive, physical, emotional, and social development for children. I have a tremendous responsibility coordinating efforts with students, parents, other educators, community members, and outside professional agencies to ensure that not success and achievement is sustained and individualized for maximum outcomes. It also incorporates closely monitoring, assessing, implementing interventions, and constantly adjusting educational priorities and techniques based on needs.
Pros
Dynamic, flexible environment where result driven accomplishments are evident.
Cons
Limited time to work with all students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2