HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston County, GADecember 7, 2016
variety of classrooms and students
great co-workers
front staff is always great
enjoyed working with the children
leaving the kids is the hardest part of the job
Great job and love the employees
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31088October 26, 2016
Working for the Houston County board of education I get to meet all sorts of people. From the employees I work with on a daily basis to dealing with secretaries and principals. I meet all kinds of different people with different personalities. I enjoy dealing with different employees when it comes to delivering the school supplies. I enjoy seeing the kids in the schools going to class and to watch them in different sporting activities. This school system is a great place to work the employees all over the school system are friendly.
Produce at workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 16, 2016
I love my job and like to bring my professionalism.
My relationships are very good . Case management and counseling for children, adolescents and adul
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Very nice school district.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 2, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Houston County BOE for the past 8 years. The students, parents and employees are very pleasant to work with.
Maintain my own schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 23, 2016
Hardest part is when a child shows hard times at home. Most enjoyable times are when children say they had a good day. I learned how to communicate with students who have other issues.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salary
Professional work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 5, 2016
Review the absent teacher lesson plan and make sure the students continue the school day the same way as if there teacher was there.
Pros
You choose which days you want to work
Cons
no benefits
Excellent work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 11, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for the school system. I worked in the high schools for about 16 years. At this time in my life, I need more income and benefits. I
Houston County Board of Education
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Houston County Board of Education has provided me with a great working environment as well as the essential tools I need to perform my job. I have learned from this job experience how to be patience and listen. I have grasp the concept of supervising young adults by adapting to their learning techniques and disseminating the fundamental information needed to graduate from high school. In addition, my co-workers have taught me how to be a team player. The hardest part of my job is when I can not get through to the student the information that is vital for life. The most enjoyable part of my day is the expressing on the students face as they absorb the information I am pouring out.
Great location to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Enjoy working with the children, and great environment, hardest part is when you are short of help at the workplace, I learned how to communicate more with vendors and associates.
Pros
Free lunches, working with the children
Cons
health insurance
It was good
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 26, 2016
I love working for the board because it taught me alot about outdoor and how to work.I can use what I learned for the board and use for when I work at another place that do landscaping
rewarding by the children
Sub/Lunch Room (Former Employee) –  Houston, COJanuary 10, 2016
To work with the children is great, but some of the staff are very unfriendly and rude. They never really smile, they seem like they are upset and they are just not happy. Not a very positive work place to be at in the kitchen.
I really enjoyed working for Houston County BOE
Student Support Team Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 9, 2015
Working for HCBE allowed me the opportunity to meet new people, become more socially aware of children with special needs and to work with a variety of people from all walks of life.
Good company to work for
Student Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 2, 2015
Loved everything about the first job with the BOE. Had great peers and supervisors. Left the position because of hour reduction. Took another position within the same department. In the second position, I loved my job but didn't get the administrative support necessary to provide quality services when needed. My coworkers and immediate supervisor were great.
Substituting is great for flexible work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 15, 2015
Substitute teaching is a good, flexible job if you like to work with kids.
It has been good for me as a stay at home mom.
It can be tiring, but fun. Every day is different.
Productive, team building, good food
Mover (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 6, 2015
Each morning I would help load up the Semi - truck at 7:30 A.M. if it was not done from yesterday afternoon. When the Semi- truck was loaded we went to different schools and unloaded the textbooks and furniture and then we would go to another school and unload more items there. I learned how to lift properly from here and how to work with teens and adults with very different backgrounds than myself. The management and co-workers were alright although sometimes there was a lot of crude humor. The hardest thing about this job is not having a sense for why other people's behavior on the job is crude. The most enjoyable part of this job was the 1 hour lunch break and sometimes we would go out as a group to Pizza Hut.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, air conditioned break room
Cons
co-workers humor could be crude, very short breaks other than lunch
Enjoyable
COMMERCIAL BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 27, 2015
I love being able to be apart of all the children's lives. I love to see their smiling faces every morning. I love to hear about their days. It does get stressful at times, but overall it is a great job with good hours.
Houston County Board of Education is a great place to work.
Parent Involvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 20, 2015
Very busy front office work. Love providing great customer service to parents and visitors. Prioritizing work is challenging.
Great place to work! Administration is very supportive and understanding.
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 28, 2015
As an art teacher you are always on the run, preparing for the next class, but the days fly by. You can always look to administration for support, help, and understanding. The hardest part of the job would be the time constraints for preparing between classes. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I see the eyes open wide when a student finally understands a more difficult concept. Students tend to come to art class with the same frame of learning as they do in other classes. Once they learn to "switch gears" they become excited and their love for art grows and grows and they want to learn more on their own. THAT makes me excited about my job!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short planning times and minimal restroom breaks.
Great place for student teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 15, 2015
I've had a awesome work experience with the Houston County Board of Education, the employees are nice, very helpful and the staff at the Main building is phenomenal.
Pros
Working with the children.
Cons
I don't get paid but once a month.
Exciting and great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Centerville, GAJune 11, 2015
Typical day would consist of teaching students different subjects and gaging several physical activities with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2