HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION

HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Houston County Board of Education is a great place to work.
Parent Involvement Coordinator (Current Employee), Perry, GAJuly 20, 2015
Very busy front office work. Love providing great customer service to parents and visitors. Prioritizing work is challenging.
Great place to work! Administration is very supportive and understanding.
Art Instructor (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Short planning times and minimal restroom breaks.
As an art teacher you are always on the run, preparing for the next class, but the days fly by. You can always look to administration for support, help, and understanding. The hardest part of the job would be the time constraints for preparing between classes. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I see the eyes open wide when a student finally understands a more difficult concept. Students tend to come to art class with the same frame of learning as they do in other classes. Once they learn to "switch gears" they become excited and their love for art grows and grows and they want to learn more on their own. THAT makes me excited about my job!
Great place for student teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Perry, GAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Working with the children.
Cons: I don't get paid but once a month.
I've had a awesome work experience with the Houston County Board of Education, the employees are nice, very helpful and the staff at the Main building is phenomenal.
Exciting and great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Centerville, GAJune 11, 2015
Typical day would consist of teaching students different subjects and gaging several physical activities with them.
No comment
Records Technician (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 17, 2015
Was ok for my first job. Not in to education so I moved on to benefits. Now time for a new chapter. This job was very monotonous and boring. Served its purpose for me though.
this was a good place to work not enough money and hour for the work.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Perry, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good trips, lots of vocation
Cons: short breaks, monthly pay
I started out in the early morning making and setting up for breakfast and serving and a short break than started lunch menu. learn how baking,cook,do fruit and vegetables for thousands of people, how put the daily paperwork in the computer,how to inventor,order and stock grocery.i learned how schedule people for work to work load.Learn how get a long with co-workers.the hardest part of this job was cleaning and stocking the stockroom, freezer,and cooler.the most enjoyable part of this job the trips,short vocation all year long.
Eager to learn, Lives for Challenges, and Team player
Teacher, Houston County Crossroads Center (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: small staff
Cons: no breaks, no co lab time
I am teacher who is looking for a challenging position where i can utilize my skills and knowledge that I have gained within my Ed S program, Curriculum and Instruction. I am currently enrolled in A doctoral program for Teacher Leadership at Kennesaw University. I am developing strategies and leadership abilities that will assist me in moving an educational organization forward with the latest research and data developments. A typical day is completing my lesson plan, handling discipline issues and corresponding with colleagues. I am knowledgeable of the policies and procedures to lead a successful school and know what resources are available to maximize my success (SIP, BST, Learning Forward Standards, TKES, LKES, and Data Overviews and Professional Development Opportunites with Best Practices and DI in mind). The hardest part of the job is doing all I need to within an eight hour day. The most enjoyable part of my day is learning and laughing with my students.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Perry, GANovember 30, 2014
Great Co-workers, competitive pay, excellent benefits, eight hour workdays and some overtime is required. Great learning opportunities to advance, management is also great. Great job environment.
very interesting work place
Lead Custodian (Former Employee), Perry, GANovember 1, 2014
Pros: having a lot of holidays off.
Cons: benefits are to high.
Its a pretty descent environment to work in. You learn something new every now and then. The most enjoyable thing is working with the machines to keep things done in the proper way.
Great place to work, fun and lots of friendly folks
MEP Home/School Liaison (Former Employee), Perry, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great training, guidance and coaching
Cons: could always use more funds to help out the student
Great place to work, everyone is friendly and I acquired all my tutor skills there. Learned how to advocate for student's and their families and management always available when you needed them. Coworkers know how to work as a team. Hardest part of the job is when there aren't enough resources to help the student. Helping student's and the families was the most enjoyable
ok
Bus Monitor/Aide (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part
good
Took too many years off of my life
Educator (Current Employee), PerrySeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great peers, great kida
Cons: spineless admin who hide being their online doctoral degree
Without a doubt, all joking aside, my time with the Houston Count Board of Education was the worst experience of my life. I had no support from admin, who them selves were incompetent. Even if I were to turn to the "big man", the superintendent, I couldn't because he was being extorted for his adultery. All of the best of Houston county is a gilded facade. It prides itself on it "biggest and brightest" school, Veterans High. But it is only a matter of time before the skeletons of that admin leak into public view.
Leading educational system
Guidance Counselor (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: dynamic, flexible environment where result driven accomplishments are evident.
Cons: limited time to work with all students.
My job is reflective of a dynamic, challenging environment where educational success incorporates cognitive, physical, emotional, and social development for children. I have a tremendous responsibility coordinating efforts with students, parents, other educators, community members, and outside professional agencies to ensure that not success and achievement is sustained and individualized for maximum outcomes. It also incorporates closely monitoring, assessing, implementing interventions, and constantly adjusting educational priorities and techniques based on needs.
Productive work and the caring of the children and making sure that they are taken care of in a safe and enjoyable setting.
Lunchroom Monitor (Current Employee), Perry, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: having a job to go to.
Cons: no benefits at all.
A typical day is 3 hours of working with many children from Pre-K to 5th Graders for 30 minutes for each class. I have learned many things by working with my co-workers and with all the different types of children that we do have at the school where I work. I have also learned from many that work in the school including but not limited to teachers, principals, parents and others that visit our school. I enjoy working with my co-workers as we work together as a team always. The hardest part of the job is not having any benefits and not getting paid during holidays and summer months. If we are not working with the children in the lunchroom and or school is no open due to weather or holidays we as lunchroom monitors do not get paid nor are we allowed any over time what so ever. The most enjoyable part of the job is the love and caring for the children and from the children.
Productive, educational enviornment set up for successful learning.
Volunteer Teachers Assistant (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Discussion on reading assignments given the previous day. Followed by a writing assignment designed to improve skills in writing, critical thinking, and overall learning.
A great place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), Ashford, ALSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: flexable
I was blessed to be employeed with Houston County Board of Education for the last 14 years as a teacher. I met some of the best people in the world and got to educate some of the best children.
Great place to work---hard to get hired!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2013
I enjoy my job, but would prefer to be working full-time with benefits.
caring school system
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: children, parents, and technology
Cons: not enough time with students
I enjoyed my time with Houston County School System. I was able to work within various grades as a special education teacher. I enjoyed my time in the world of Autism best. I learned a lot about differentiation. I also enjoyed the availibility and being able to incorporate it into the classroom.
very productive
Child Nutrition Associate (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, team effort needed
very nice place to work if you have children and want to be home at the same time they arrive!
I worked a substitue teacher in Houston County.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Erin, TNFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: disciplined schools
Cons: temporary job
I would go to one of the three schools where I lived as I was going to get my teaching degree. I had a variety of experience in Elementary and Middle School. I liked the home town environment as I performed as a teacher.

HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION Salaries