HOUSTON EYE ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2017
Typical day consists of seeing about 40+ patients a day. Management is great. Hardest part of the job is constantly being on the move. Most enjoyable part is woking in a great environment.
Good company
Doctors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
13 years with them and I have no complaints. My Doctor had to retire due to major health concerns and my heart isn't in it without him. I have found them to always be fair with great salary increases yearly.
Pros
No ceiling
Cons
Stressful but good benefits if you can handle it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2017
Like most typical medical jobs, this one can be extremely stressful. Angry patients, long wait times, scattered and at times unprofessional management can leave you feeling drained. Most positions are easily replaceable, at least you're made to feel that way. Company does offer very nice health benefits, dental, and of course free vision care. Would love this company if better management were available, doctor's were not allowed to overbook, and work load more evenly spread among employees.
Great environment with fantastic people.
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
There are lovely people to work with and they are very flexible. Supervisors are wonderful and gave me advice and information on how to further my career.
Productive and fun work place with many doctors and patients.
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
A large practice with many locations and doctors. Every day is an adventure, with new experiences and challenges. Technicians have primary doctors they work for, but also have to hep out where ever the supervisor sees a need for help.
Work elsewhere
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 16, 2016
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. Nothing is appreciated, you learn as you go basically. No one takes their time to teach you anything. Management, looks at you as if you don't know anything. The most enjoyable time is getting away. Do not apply unless you want to have a huge headache everyday. You literally have about 10 people to answer to no matter what your job tittle is. Good LUCK!
Worst Experience
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2016
I worked here for 3 years. Worked like a dog, no lunch break, no appreciation for hard work- only heard something when you screwed up. The office manager can be very unprofessional, reprimanding staff in front of others, when it should be a meeting behind closed doors. Felt so unappreciated and overworked, I don't know why I stayed as long as I did. Maybe the experience is better at other offices, but there was too much drama at the main office (Gramercy). I would steer clear of this place! HR lady is rude also.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, bad management
Enjoyed my work.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
Enjoyed my work load and maintaining busy. I learned very much working for HEA. Loved interacting with my patients. Almost did what it would take to keep office running smoothly.
Pros
much ovetime
Cons
no lunch breaks
Bad place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
Very stressful job,managers/supervisors have very bad work ethics.

Reprimands would be made in front of other other employees and or patients.
Pros
Free lunch on busy days
Cons
No breaks
Not some place I would stay at
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Work days are very Hectic! Learned how to answer multiple lines and schedule for over 20 locations and verify ins. Management was okay. Hardest part was trying to answer 200 calls a day.
Productive day. Very busy atmosphere.
Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
While doing clinic training at Houston Eye Associate, I got to work at a very fast pace clinic with high volumes of patients and charting.
I learned how to multitask. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and got along with everyone.
The worst place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 26, 2016
High turn over rate. Overworked ,no compensation ,supervisors rude, no advancement ,no raises , & no one cares about the employees. Horrible !
Need new Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2015
I have worked here as an agency nurse, kinda like the outside looking in. They used to have great staff here, all very highly competent employees. But then the new director was very rude, derogatory, and demeaning. She held private conversations in front of other staff members, doctors, even patients. I have seen lots of staff leave in the last 2 years. It is sad, they really had a great team
Great Company
Front Desk / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
Front Desk duty, Customer service

Working the front desk I was able to meet and greet so many different citizens. I was able to have my hands in all parts of the front desk, from answering phones to working in the back with the doctors.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
distance from home
Company has HIGH turn over rate
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
This company is horrible for employment. Managers have no professionalism or sense of direction. They'll instruct employees to do things, but if its wrong, they will take no responsibility. I was warned about employment here but found out for myself. There is no advancement or job security. Employees quit from left to right. The positive thing about this job is the overtime. But who wants to stay at a job longer than they suppose to when they are being treated like slaves.
Pros
overtime
Cons
LONG hours on computer, no breaks sometimes, rude supervisors, old compter system
Great place to work!
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Very productive environment, great place to work!
Opportunities for career advancement, great work culture.
Typical working day involves working with patients, staff members and,vendors
and providing excellent customer service in a respectable and admirable manner.
Pros
Great management team!
Negative 5 Stars!
Ophthalmic assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
Worst place to work ever. The clinic manager, the small Russian lady walks around causing drama, bullying people & kissing doctors behinds. Human Resources is not for the employee, just the doctors. They dont care about their employees. The work environment is negative. Over work you, under pay you, black ball you from ever advancing. People are always leaving, and don't regret it. Doctors are money hungry, dont take care about their employees but work them like crazy. It's about the money for the company not about the employees or the patients.
Pros
Good benefits is THE only good thing about this place
Cons
Negative work environment, no job stability unless you want to go to work each day hating your job.
Great Organization, Benefits
Ophthalmic Assistant (OA) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
The organization provides an excellent benefits package to all personnel.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Provide better opportunities for growth
EMR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2014
good business model, poor employment management. good dedicated employees but poor management skills demonstrated by managers.
Great work ethic and understanding
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
Great people to work with that cared for patients needs as well as employee needs
Pros
Everyone treated with respect
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOUSTON EYE ASSOCIATES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9