HOUSTON FOOD BANK Employee Reviews

good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
despite the people i had to work with. this was a very good experience because they let me work any section i wanted to work so. i even had the pleasure of filling in for the cook a lot of times and back then that was a very big thing for me.
Productive skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2016
I learned good team work skills. And how to work in most warehouses doing general labor. Also plenty of useful maintenance traits.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
Enjoyed volunteering with this company. Everyone was very warm and eager to help others. Typical work day consisted of printing a needs sheet aka check list. To see who we would be providing food to for the week. Different company, places and business received food for us daily
Wonderful place of employment!
Social Services Outreach Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My job was to ensure that they day to day of my department ran smooth. Working at the foodbank always reminded me to stay humble in every way I could. Management is very easy going. Made many lifetime friends in my co-workers.
Very fun place to work, everyone works as a team
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
Very welcoming staff and friendly, everyone works and communicates well. Well prepared meals for the schools who are in the program. Well prepared breakfast and snacks for the children.
Pros
1 hour breaks are awesome
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasAugust 24, 2016
Complete my internship for my Degree in logistics with the Operations Dept. Built customer orders from customer request, Received donations. Maintained inventory.
Rewarding Workplace
Shipping / Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
A typical day of work is going out into the community providing service to those in need. Doing so by setting up and conducting food distributions throughout the surrounding counties.
Pros
Seeing the impact of your work on the community
Cons
Work life balance.
Lived working there ots a fun place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Teamwork, and just being your self . Knowing your helping the commuunity. And working together with a lot of the organization that come to pick up donations. Enjoys the volunteering from different companys.
Pros
Helping the commuunity
Fun place to work
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2016
All I have to say is I loved the job when I was woeking there. It was just an summer job , but I learned a lot of things.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, great manager
Cons
N/A
Productive work place full of energy and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
The most enjoying part of the job is that all items were packed into their boxes and are ready for delivering to the families in need
Pros
free snacks and drinks
Cons
short break
Fun experience that allowed me to contribute to society.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
I packaged donated canned foods into boxes, which I also prepared for shipping. Coworkers/other volunteers were all nice and pleasant to work with.
A great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
I would love to work there again I worked there with a temp company but would love to work there again. Loved working with a company that helps people in need.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
They don' t hire very offen
great place to work, alot of growth and learning within the organization. Very diverse environment and friendly
Admin Assistant/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
Great organization to work for and the staff is so awesome! They are always going over and beyond to help ending Hunger in America
Pros
The cause
Cons
The Pay
Not the best place to work.
Volunteer Engagement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
While my immediate team was great to work with each day, the CEO and executive management do not seem to care much about the staff nor the volunteers. The volunteers are asked to do tasks that are clearly meant for paid staff.
Pros
Team work is encouraged.
Cons
The executive team is not appreciative nor consideration of the staff's hard work and dedication.
development and a caring environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2015
my typical day at work was always something interesting. There was always so many new people to meet. I learned how to drive a forklift and also learned what the food bank actually do. I always had fun with my co-workers,the hardest part was catching 5 buses to make it to work but the most thing i enjoyed was helping families in need and coming up with new ideas to help benefit less fortunate people
Great Company
Housekeeping Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
The Houston Foodbank is a great place to work. I'm learning so many things that I can take to other jobs where it might help the community.

Overall, my co-worker are very understandable and loveable.
Working Together to pack for the hungers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
I went there at 8 am to pack can foods for the hungers with my classmates. We stay there until 1 pm to help the houston food bank. Very nice place to volunteer at the houston food bank.
Pros
Nice Group work
Cons
easy place to work with no problems
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
easy going job they have good people working and love to help out others when have finished your own job duty. fast working place and also safe with no injuries
Fun Enviroment
Volunteer Labor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
It was a fun enviroment to assist other people & also get a feel of knowing what it is like to use a fork lift. Great people to be around, have great managment, and have made me more of a people person than I was and understand more of what a lifestyle is all about.
Loved It
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
Whether I was working in the freezer zone or cleaning bathrooms, it was all quite enjoyable. You can volunteer for many things all to help a good cause.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOUSTON FOOD BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4