HOUSTON FOOD BANK Employee Reviews

very nice
Housekeeping associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
the people were very nice to work with the people in my department were fun to be around as far as the manager she hired me first and made me the part time employee and was only working 4 hours a day and hired another guy after me and made him full time and i got wrote up for the smallest things the very first few days i was there i would love to go back but management has to change in this particular department !!!
It was great
Line Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
It was a nice start to get where you need to be. Great experience nice start. Wonderful people to be around great teacher. Love helping the kids an helping people.
Good place to jump-start your career.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Good place to jump-start your career. After gaining some experience I had to move on due to lack of advancement opportunities and poor management. A lot of overtime required and no compensations provided.
I love the food bank
Client Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
The houston food bank is a great place that I volunteered and loved giving back to my community.Giving food out to families that need to fed their families.I learned that giving is better than getting.The hardest part was hearing a parent tell me that they needed their bills paid over feeding their kids.
Pros
Giving back
Cons
Not giving what they needed
Fun work place
volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Love working here and being able to give to people in need. see the smiles on people faces make me happy, This place is full of loving people, people are always token care of.
Pros
Great prices for food
learned a lot
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Houston Food Bank and it offered an opportunity to pay off some tickets. I would suggest an one to work there. The staff was very nice.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
cement floors
Review
Systems Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
By the nature of their mission its a good place to work. People are very focused on helping others. Would recommend to others to work there. Nice facility.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Far to get to
Wonderful
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
The job is a wonderful experience to get involved in the community. The work can be tedious and boring at times. But it gives you something to that is constructive with your time.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Helping Teachers with School Supplies. Kids with meals, this is a government job that helps the hunger and need of any kind of assistance. Great place to work with and environment on helping others.
Pros
Lunch is on time and is mandatory
Excellent place to work/volunteer
Community/Volunteer Service (Former Employee) –  535 Portwall St, Houston, TX 77029May 17, 2017
I was a member of their volunteer workforce through Student Heroes Leadership Program. The Houston Food Bank provides those who volunteer a sense of fulfillment and gives great work experience while serving the community.
Pros
Great working environment, excellent managment, productivity
Cons
Great working environment with a chance to move up in ranks.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
My typical day at work is; showing up early ready to conduct meetings and prepare my team to the upcoming tasks. Teaching and monitoring making sure the jobs is done while obeying all safety rules. Good vibes and environment around the workforce overall with good attitudes. Working together and finishing the job together is the most enjoyable part of the job, seeing the outcome and being able to give my team praise.
Pros
Being a leader
Cons
being disorganized!!
productive and family friendly environment, makes everyone feel comfortable and welcomed
pantry associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
I was pantry associate and most mornings I came in and had to prep produce and get it ready to be brought out into the store by at least 1:30pm , I had to dispose of all bad produce and provide excellent service to customers and supervisors so that they could see how hard I was working and being there , also taught me management skills, I never felt as though I could be a leader on a job, but dealing with the volunteers that came in to the pantry I had to put my best foot forward and tell and show them what needed to be done. most days I had to work by myself but I always got the job done and excelled by the end of the day.
Pros
houston food bank gave me my confident back and a new confidence about myself
Cons
short break
Great People to Work With
Volunteer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
Best job experience I've had in such a short amount of time. A typical day at work FLEW by, because there was always someone that you were helping, making a real impact on their life. It was amazing.
Very organized workplace.
Texas - Food sorter and stocking (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Everything you do is for helping others enjoy being together as a family. You meet new people and help the community as one.
Pros
Have a small cafe.
Cons
Domino effect if something goes wrong.
enjoy part of the volunteer job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2016
Nice and friendly job. Everyone help to each other to get done the job fast as need. This is a good company for everyone to work and help to feed hungry people.
good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
despite the people i had to work with. this was a very good experience because they let me work any section i wanted to work so. i even had the pleasure of filling in for the cook a lot of times and back then that was a very big thing for me.
Productive skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2016
I learned good team work skills. And how to work in most warehouses doing general labor. Also plenty of useful maintenance traits.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
Enjoyed volunteering with this company. Everyone was very warm and eager to help others. Typical work day consisted of printing a needs sheet aka check list. To see who we would be providing food to for the week. Different company, places and business received food for us daily
Wonderful place of employment!
Social Services Outreach Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My job was to ensure that they day to day of my department ran smooth. Working at the foodbank always reminded me to stay humble in every way I could. Management is very easy going. Made many lifetime friends in my co-workers.
Very fun place to work, everyone works as a team
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
Very welcoming staff and friendly, everyone works and communicates well. Well prepared meals for the schools who are in the program. Well prepared breakfast and snacks for the children.
Pros
1 hour breaks are awesome