HOUSTON FOOD BANK

HOUSTON FOOD BANK Employer Reviews

one of my best jobs
Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: your working out in the public
Cons: the job had to end
wow there are a lot of great things I could say about working for the Houston food bank!!!!! the main thing that I liked about working there is that I got a chance to see as well as learn my way around the Houston area, plus got a chance to learn what its like to feed the homeless I loved my job.
Fun at work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Free coffee and hot chocolate all through the day. Fast moving past; there is always something to do.
Very laid back, productive, informative, and loving people.
Apple Corps Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: flooding
Laid back
I learned how to operate SharePoint
Very understanding managers
Very loving co-workers
Conflict Resolution
Helping those who couldn't help me.
Provides to the community
Forklift operator / Cutomer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: some good incentives
Cons: warehouse mangement is un professional
The overall company and what it stands for is excellent. But the way the company is run by management is unprofessional and there is not much room for advancement.
Productive programs
IndustrialEquipmentOperator,InventoryCycleCounter (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: i was selected as a warehouse intern part-time position after i completed the coures.
Cons: no benefits
The Houston Food Bank has Outreach programs, Serving for Success. This program is offered to individuals who are on probation and are wishing to refresh or learn warehouse/receiving skills, provide community services, and get credits for the court system. But, I was an volunteer for this program.
FUN place to be
Director Of Volunteer Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 28, 2012
Great place to work. I had a very good time being here as well as there were always opportunities to advance
NA
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
Very desorganized company. management does not care about employees. work balance is not the most appropriate one.