Houston Harris Division Patrol Employee Reviews

good
No Commission & Commission Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
tough day every shift 8 to 12 hours shift a day and most days would work over 12 hours and the hardest part of day would be going in to shift and getting out of shift
Productive entry level Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
The pay is moderate and there is not a lot of upward mobility. The cost for travel to and from work offset the actual money you make. You have to travel more and work crazy hours to make a descent income.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No breaks, hours are hard to get
team work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Houston Harrison Patrol Division is team of positive people that I have the pleasure to work with each and every day, who are customer focus and driven
Pros
versatile environment
Cons
training is only days newer officers
Loved working at the Convention center
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Overall it was not a very good experience working here. The upper management is very disrespectful and does not value you as a worker. There was never enough officers due to the high turnover rate so you were forced to work overtime. If you were late you would be fined.
Pros
Cons
Not good pay, the supervisor was very disrespectful.
Placement was not good
Security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2016
A good job but I did not like the area that they would have me to work. The job placement was not good. They would always have me working in crisis areas.
Professional Charaters
Commission Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I have developed skills inside of security writing while writing DAR reports sometimes while during foot patrol on properties of contractions. I did foot patrol while on property while looking at. The weather be dry, sunny, wet, rainy, and hummed while I am patrolling on properties of contractions. I handle many different matters to better serve and protect the customers do to the clients of contractions I handle many stressful situations on all grounds of contractions to keep others at ease and safe by trying using my senses. There sometimes were some misunderstandings from others because that is why I gotten terminated and that mess up my career in some ways.
Pros
Happy people, Professional uniforms and officers, Good looking units, good schedules, good training, great posts.
Cons
Bad payrates, Little misunderstandings.
Simple and straightforward job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Nothing hard in particular about this job, it takes responsibility and commitment to fulfill the changing hours. Good experience for starting in security jobs either part-time or full-time.
Pros
Decent Payment
Cons
No breaks
Sometimes Overtime is available and they have many locations
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
As soon as I get to work, I am required to call on-duty. My work nights consist of handling several logs. I must log in truck, tractor, seal, and drivers names, as well as all visitors and vendors. Everyone who goes on and off of property need to be logged in and checked to avoid theft and trespassers. Since I work nights, staying awake is probably the toughest part but that is usually handled with some stretching and small walks around my post. The most enjoyable part is helping out helping out lost drivers and a lot of them thanking me for being so polite and helpful.
Pros
sometimes overtime is available
Cons
Not very much benefits and also no sign of advancment
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
I think this job is like any other job. Some people like what they do, some just do it to keep the lights on. Overall it's what you make out of it.
Very big company, give chances and opportunity to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Typical day varies: Most management care about their workers, and will find a way to meet YOUR needs and work around your schedule. Hardest part of the job is security in general. Security is a serious position.

I enjoyed the environment. They all made me feel like family.
It is a great experience and training for related jobs in the future.
Pros
Flexible, 24 hours
Cons
Busy company, you must be patient
Producticve
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
I worked for this company twice they are very understanding. I worked with them when I was in college and left when I graduated. Came back a yr later and they hired me back. My superiors where very nice to work for I learned a lot from each one.
Busy work environment!
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
HHDP is a Security Company that started off small and now has grown to be one of the best Security Companies out there. I started off there as an Receptionist and within a year moved up to HR Manager. I absolutely loved my job! It never was a dull day at HHDP. I handled payroll, write-ups, scheduling, child support issues, etc. for their Houston, Dallas, and Austin locations. Overall, I worked with a great group of people who took pride in doing great work.
Pros
I truly enjoyed everything about the job cause it kept me busy.
Cons
The turn over rate for finding good Security Guards was at times difficult.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston TXAugust 13, 2015
Building and maintaining relationships with client and employee at this assigned site, including training and development, staff retention, coordinating needed support service and solving problems that affect the management of the account.
Pros
na
Cons
na
nice place to work but with low income
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
I really like work in this company,mostly all people see you as a peace officer instead a security guard ,however i need more income to support my family.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  HARLINGEN, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Good working environment with great staff and working hours are great .
Unprofessional, great for young adults with no work experience & little responsiblity
security officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
When offered the position I was offered one hourly rate and schedule. After completion of orientation and training my schedule changed and my pay rate was less. The business aspect of this company is unstructured, unorganized and unprofessional. Things clients seek in a security company are low turn over rates, dependability and effectiveness. Neither in which Houston Harris Patrol Division can offer. They don't offer breaks to employees, In which employees work 8,12,16 & 24hr. shifts. Any person whom work more than 6 hrs in the State of Texas is legally suppose to have a break. I've heard of situations at the post where the office was unresponsive in finding a relief and left workers at post for 24hrs. In which if they left they would be terminated. I am currently in the process of bringing this company under an investigation. As a buyer I would never bid for a security contract with this company. I've worked security for years and have a Criminal Justice Bachelors degree. Houston Harris Patrol Division doesn't pay a sufficient rate for the work asked of you. They also don't do background checks on each employee.
Pros
always hiring bc of very high turnover rate. So anyone can work there to get a paycheck
Cons
no breaks at all, low pay, no job security, schedule constantly changes, no health benefits for full time employees, they don't care about employees
The job is not so safe when you working in bad neighborhood
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
I work currently in a Grocery store where we're dealing with shop lifters always.

It doesn't go smoothly whenever it happened.

I relate well to all ethic groups and socioeconomic levels

I am hard-working, detail-oriented person, and I take my duties seriously.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that people respect you especially when you do your job professionally.
day at work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2014
Coming on duty speaking to property manager to see if she has any messages for me or permits to issue out, then I go to the guard shack where I greet tenants and homeowners as they come onto the property and assisting guests with parking and temporary permits if needed. Then I go and fill out the package reminders and walk the property putting them on doors for tenants and checking for any irregular things on property. On my shift I work along although some days I relieve someone and someone relieves me. The hardest part I would say will be when I have complaints and are trying to get the person that's being complained on to understand others are around and can hear them. The most enjoyable part would have to be the tenants who come to check on me and make me feel like I am wanted there.
Pros
friendly people, inside building and not hostile area
Cons
hours i work 5pm-1am
very tight and cheap company
Contract Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
company is very tight and cheap. armed security officers are worth 12 or higher
Security Guard
Security Sergeant/Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2013
Secure the whole building the whole time at work. For the most part it was a nice atmosphere.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Nice