HOUSTON HOSPICE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
good pay and nice people
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
they pay pretty well and some of the workers are very nice but many are lazy and the boss is very ignorant when it comes to dealing with his employees
Pros
good pay
Cons
management is very rude, lazy workers
Professional Work Environment
AllScripts Homecare EMR Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Day started out with me cleaning any/all returned rental equipment from the previous day, while at the same time filling Portable Oxygen Tanks for patients as well as replenishing adequate store par levels. Once those tasks were completed, I started my daily inventory counts while restocking merchandise in the front end of the store. Next came Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving and Product invoicing for the Accounts Receivable Department.

Roughest part of the job was receiving a 600 piece count delivery at 4:00 PM, and only having an hour to unload the truck and put away the supplies before my On-Call rotation started at 5:00 PM.

The most enjoyable part was interacting with patient's/families and Staff.
Pros
interacting with patient's/families and staff
Cons
not enough staff
Very helpful and insightful place to work. Everyone is so helpful to each other.
CNA (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TexasNovember 24, 2013
Houston Hospice is a very helpful place that takes care of people that are dying. They help to provide the best quality of life at the end stages of life. I would recommend Houston Hospice to anyone who has a loved one that is terminally ill. They have someone available 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. I love this company and the people that work for it. We have monthly staff meetings and everyone provides support to other employees that need it. When my mom and my grandma passed away (2 years apart), they were there for me even though neither one of them were on Hospice. Those were difficult times, but they were so supportive that it helped my family and I through those difficult times.
Pros
supportive employees and administration, paid holidays
Very dissatisfied
Bilingual PRN Continuous Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
The company is having management turnover I was promised full time in Dec and the company has not had the time or personnel to train me for in house work They have not had CC fired pt's so I could work on a regular basis
Hospice care
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2012
Out-patient hospice case manager. Learned management skills in coordinating services for the care of hospice patients and their family members. Management was a little short. Co-workers were ok. Hardest part of the job was losing a patient. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you participated in easing the loss of a loved one and helping to make death a comfort to a dying patient.
Pros
mobility, freedom of arranging your work schedule
Cons
driving, late hours
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
I enjoyed volunteering at Houston Hospice. I learned how to interact with the patients and nurses and become a good listener.
Very nice place to work
Professional Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2012
Meeting with physicians, hospitals and families sharing with them the part hospice can play in their life plans. Very emotional but rewarding.
Pros
building relationships
Cons
longer hours - but productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2014
Love the interaction with fellow employees and the patients and their families.
Pros
they try to accomadate you with your availabilty
Cons
medical insurance
Houston Hospice
Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2013
Houston Hospice is a fulling place to work. The majority of the staff is understanding and extremely kind.

2.8