Houston Methodist Hospital

Houston Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

New job experience
Transporter (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Methodist made it very motivating and fun to wanting to achieve certain goals in my time experience there at methodist.
I love this place because of the team work.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The staff are friendly and are about team work and making every patient happy.
Cares about its employees
Human Resources Generalist (contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, benefits
Cons: working in the medical center is not for everyone
Houston Methodist truly cares about its employees and the benefits and pay are about average compared to other medical positions in the Medical Center.
HMH
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Comfortable work environment
Friendly co-workers
Clear chain of command
Patient intake and processing is a very clear process
Good benefits
good
data analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
The working environment is OK, and the people over there is OK. the patients over there are under good healthcare.The food in cafeteria is delicous and empoyees could get 15% discount.
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
It is busy most of the times. I learned to really time management and prioritization. My co workers are very helpful and we work as a team. the only hard part is that the job is far from where I live and that my schedule do not fit my current life situation.
great
Vascular Technologist Extern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2015
great company, overall great experience! I was completely blown away by their set standards and flow of the organization as a whole. I recommend this hospital to anyone.
Good work enivorment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Houston Methodist is a good place to work at. I enjoy the work enivorment that the hospital provides for their employees.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Food And Nutrition ServicesFebruary 26, 2015
Houston Methodist employees are proud of the "I CARE" values that are at the heart of this busy, faith-based hospital system: integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence. They enjoy the friendly, family vibe at work, as well as the many ways that managers show their appreciation for staff members' efforts, with special contests and bonuses including trips, cash, sports tickets, and iPads. People here also think highly of the institution's emphasis on employee health and its commitment to giving back to the community. Those looking for huge paychecks might not fit into this place, where it's all about the patient, every day. One employee explains: "All levels (including the board) walk the talk. Our I CARE values are alive and well — the values drive decisions and behavior."
Friendly and exciting place to work.
Sr. Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: lunch is in the cafeteria, friendships that formed
Cons: no more room for advancement.
there is always some thing new coming through the door, and not only do you learn the ins and out of the medical office you learn how the resident become full fledged physicians. the commoradery that one builds with everyone is professional as well as personal as you help them long the way grow into their own specialties and assist them with the everyday workings of clinic. I've worked in this field for over ten years, but working at this particular clinic is different due to the fact that you see how hard a resident works to achieve the quality care that a patient needs and desires.
Being the senior at the clinic doesn't always make it easy. I know i would not be able to get the days work done with help of my 2 other coworkers that help run this particular clinic.As my residents tell me that "I'm their miracle worker and heaven sent worker." my coworkers are mine. it takes us as a team to accomplish everything. Just like every job the hardest part of the job is keeping everything organized and making sure the care for the patient doesn't slack.This one of the better jobs that i have had as a medical assistant all around.
Working at Houston Methodist Hospital
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
I would describe a typical day at Methodist as challenging. Challenging in the sense that you will pushed to do and become the best possible individual that you could be. I have learn how to put the patient first in everything that I do. The people that work at Methodist are awesome, friendly and willing to help at a moment notice. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my co-workers and talking to the patients.
Typical Day At Work
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at Houston Methodist Hospital, is fast paced environment. We work as a team to complete our daily assigned duties, as well as working individual to maintain patient satisfaction. We make sure it's a comfortable envrionment and make the patients feel comfortable while waiting in the ER, as well as once they've been placed in a room.
Productive and Showed me About Life
Education Technology Adminstrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
I love working at Houston Methodist. The pay was great, for the most part. I learned new things when I came to work that I was able to use outside of work to make myself better. But...

I learned that money isn't everything. When I got to the top of where I wanted to be, and making the money that I wanted to make, I found that wasn't where I wanted to be. Money doesn't make happiness. Now I am looking for the place that makes happy. Cause I will enjoy make work and would want to come to work and do it to the best of my ability.
Methodist
Staff nurse in IMU (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Great place . A top hospital to work at,with wonderful benefits for its nurses..
Fun Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
This was a fun place to work, but the children at this school were difficult to work with.
Fun Place to Work
Student Clinicals (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Cooperative and friendly yet professional staff and management.
Value centered, team oriented
Organizational Development and Training Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
Great learning environment, as an Intern supervisors and co-workers really take you under their wing and teach the Methodist culture, and the best ways to have success at your job.
Perioperative Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
It gets hectic at times but we find a way to get things done. My co-workers are real good people and since i been here i have learned how to work as a team.
Great Company to work for
Public Safety Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: i had the opportuntiy to meet powerful as well as sucessful business men and women
Cons: there is no down side
report any activity along with I have to write a daily activity report, and greet visitors.
Must be able to multi-task
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: rewards and recognition
Cons: salary
In this organization you must be able to multi-task and be flexible as you may be called to do something that is not in your job description.

I learned the importance of culture in an organization.

Management was approachable and understanding to work/life balance.

My co-workers were team players.

I enjoyed touching the lives of so many people and making an impact on their recovery or being supportive in cases where the outcome was not favorable.

1 2 3