Houston Methodist Hospital

Houston Methodist Hospital Employer Reviews

Too much Bureaucracy
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: if you work directly under dr, good bonus given out of their own pocket
Cons: raises are close to nothing. rarely no bonuses are given to shared staff.
The Hospital still doesn't know how to administer the clinical side of an office. Too many upper executives making decisions and not allowing lower management or other employee's voices heard. The culture and morale has gone down. It should be more about patient care than office politics.
love the hospital many ways to move within the system
LVN, Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 31, 2014
we use our ICARE values daily and enjoy caring for our patients
Great place to learn
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 30, 2014
The department I work in is fast pace. I have learned crendentling and so much more over the past year of employment.
Great Place to Work
Clinical Pastoral Education Residency (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Methodist has an overall amazing feel to its environment. People here are extremely nice. I loved working here.
Fun place to work
IT Clinical Coordinator -EMR Allscripts (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
the most enjoyable part of working at Houston Methodist is the atmosphere and the people. Methodist ICARE values speaks for its self through the way people act twoards each other and twards our patients.
Great Place to work
Insurance Verification Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: low pay
I've been here for almost 7 years and love working here. all empoyes walk around with a smile.
a typical day at work
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2014
once you clock in you report to an assembly line and start work you leave that place only one time a day for a 30 minute period of time. if you are working on a hard station you will not be able to work a different station.
Productive, friendly but management needs to work on iCare values and be honest
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: room to grow and willing to train you
Cons: management, and false hopes and promises.
I came in as a contract to permanent IT Help Desk Analyst, and appreciated the detailed training, and working environment.Seem to be a place where growth and advancement was possible if you knew the right people.I loved the job and was a proud contractor for Methodist, worked hard everyday and was acknowledged for my progress, and was a top 3 performer – more... every week.I was told to my face by management that when my 90 day contract was up that I had earned and proved myself and would be transitioned to a permanent Methodist employee.Well as promised at the end of my 3 month contract they informed me to apply online on a job posting that was specifically posted for my transition process.It was the greatest feeling knowing that I've found a permanent home for life, well 3 weeks went by so I decided to followup to see where the process was at, and got a reply from my IT supervisor that they dont have time, then few days later they hired more contractors and called me into their office and said my progression was to slow and that Help Desk wasnt for me, and If I continued to work there that a patient would probably die.I remember sitting there in my manager office while she and another IT supervisor were saying the complete opposite prior from 3 weeks before when the same people were saying all the positive praises were now terminating my contract and escorted me out of the building as a unemployed contractor.I learned a lesson that working hard gets you terminated and performing subpar and knowing the right people will continue to put food on the table.Loved Methodist but management icare values were life changing for me. – less
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: caring for others
Cons: no time to eat sometimes
care directly for patients. I learned to be more patient and professional.
Awesome place to work. Very patien oriented enviorment
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Great work/life balance
Great Management
Good compinsation
Great place to advance
Patient care assistant (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Great place to work. Love the people there. Bonus every few months. Good patient care
Typical Work Day
Commercial Collector II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Methodist is a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work would be coming into the office and work my queue. The manger's are laid back and doesn't micromanage their employees. The job is laid back. The most enjoyable part is knowing we made goal at the end of the quater.
Excellent learning experiences
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 30, 2013
A typical day in the operating room is fast-paced patient centered care. There are many helpful co-workers to assist with new learning experiences and a supportive management staff.
enjoy working with my coworkers
CRCST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 24, 2013
very busy, I've learned how to multi task very well with consideration for my customer the or.
management is pretty fair and very considerate to the staff
co-workers are a great team work hard together
hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone
the most enjoyable part of the job is when all is over you know you help to make someone feel better
Overall good place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
A typical day is usually 8-10 hours long.
I've learned lots of new skills.
Overall good co-workers
Doctors are wonderful
productive place
Clinical Nutrients Assistant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2013
love working in a hospital being around differebt patients and different people i have learn alot working in a hospital \
i really do not have have anything to say about the hospital
Houston Methodist Hospital
Revenue Cycle Liaison to Administration (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, top-notch hospital, good values
Cons: low (1 or 2%) annual merit increases for above-average employees
I served as the first point of contact for executive-level complaints from patients, nurses, and physicians. I was also instrumental in training new hires and existing employees on new policies, programs, and services. Executive liaison to scheduling, registration, patient accounting, business office, and patient access.

I learned a great deal by working – more... closely with the Foundation with regards to event planning and reaching out to major donors and other patrons of the hospital system.

I had the best co-workers. They taught me everything I needed to know and more. They consistently exceeding my expectations.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with irate physicians, but I did it with compassion and integrity, reassuring them I would resolve their issue(s).

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many people from all over the world, different cultures, and ethnicities. I am a born problem solver, and I'm never happier when I can solve a problem or issue for someone. – less
Good Company
Business Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2013
Company has great benefits and culture. A great organization and hires many great employees.
productive work place
Clinical Nutrition Assistant I & II (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2013
talking a high volume of calls from all over the hospital. Charging formulas to accounts and entering new information into the computer. The thing i enjoy the most is helping the patients.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
SPEAKING AND INTERACTING WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE EVERYDAY ALL DAY. I ENJOYING MY JOB DAILY. SOMETIMES THE ARE CHALLANGING MOMENTS BUT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT. I ENJOY HELPING OUT OTHER PEOPLE WHEN ITS NESSESSARY. BEING AT THE WORKPLACE TALKING TO GUEST IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE MOMENT FOR ME

About Houston Methodist Hospital

Houston Methodist is a nonprofit health care organization based in Houston, Texas. It has extended the world-renowned clinical – Read more