Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Run the other way
medical surgical RN II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Houston Methodist in Sugar Land is downright unprofessional, unorganized, and extremely condescending to its hardworking employees. I would never get paid enough to have to go back to this humiliating facility. No order, or means of communication when there is no set in stone hierarchy, and that too when the hierarchy is only concerned with PR, and avoiding law suits. It is a complete and utter joke and my heart goes out to the poor employees that do no have the luxury to walk out, and the patient lives that suffer due to its lack or order.
Productive and Stable Work Environment
International Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Working in Methodist allowed me to learn new processes within the team I was working in. Unfortunately, there wasn't much room for growth or to move up in management.
Pros
Education reimbursemtn
Cons
Not much room for growth
Educational Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work, very informational, friendly and encouraging! If you are looking for a job that is rewarding in every way possible this is it!
hospiatl
Bed Control and Communications operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2017
Hardest part is working with mental ill who can become violent. Alot of new faces because of the travelers. Nothiiiiing more to add
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
In this position I have been able to fully use my medical assistant knowledge. I would provide care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician or nurse/clinic manager, interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, w8, and h8), and records information on patients` charts. I would reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the physician or nurse.
nice place to work
Patient Care Transporter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2017
nice place to work lots of hours for overtime bonus program is pretty cool good provided parking for employees metro card is pretty cool to.
Fun and happy
PACU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The organization take pride in what they do, involve employees to be healthy by promoting incentives with exercise programs, built in gym, monthly and annual bonus programs, etc.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work but wish they promote with-in. No room for growth. Been here for a year and have finished my BS in Accounting. Apply to every accounting job and never got an interview or call.
Pros
Great staff and unit.
Cons
No room for growth and don't promote with in.
A simple great paying job
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I loved my time working at Methodist. I am for the hospital environment as I interacted with nurses, doctors , and patients. The management were alright, but no one is perfect. Some of the people there were hard to get along with but we managed. I only left because of school, but would love to return someday to Methodist.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, overtime, friendly, fast pace, united, and much more.
Excellent employer
UNIT SECRETARY/CNA PEDIATRICS (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Always moving and attending to our patients. Doctors nurses and all other employees worked very well together. We always were proud to represent Arcadia Methodist. We were able to rotate as needed to other depts as needed. We were cross trained quite well and able to help one another in a difficult situation, Also able to fill in for others when an employee was out.
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
some medical situations hard to see yet always remanied professional

Want to know more about Houston Methodist?

Ask a question
It Was Ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
It Was An Honor to work there and be apart of a great organization the schedule was kind of hard and the pay was kind of off but it was ok
fun place to work
Diagnostic Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
• Oversee the online appointment scheduling system for 50 or more patients where they can schedule mammograms, MRI’s, CT’s ultrasounds, echocardiograms, and a bone density
• Improve scheduling by keeping abandonment rate at 5% by making I stay on “ready” at all times
• Trained on multiple software systems including PHS, HIS, Activefax, and Athena
• Complete appropriate assignments from manager and team leads to call patients and get them scheduled in a timely matter
Very Productive
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Houston Methodist hospital is a excellent company to work for. The work load was heavy when you only have one Patient care Assist however Methodist system is like a family
Amazing place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 27, 2017
I work at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park, MN. I love working here, the diversity is amazing along with the staff. The drive is just getting a little much for me.
Pros
Staff, Benefits
Cons
Staff, drama
it was the best career i have choosen in medical field
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2017
pick up supplies
deliver them to different floors
unload pallets
take inventory of supplies

filing, answer phones, faxing, copying
Pros
got to meet new people everyday
Strong Company
HR Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work. Many departments for growth and advancement. Training is continues with the help from management to increase your skills and knowledge in your subject manner.

I really enjoyed working for Houston Methodist
Pros
Great Diversity!
Cons
Great Experience
CNA work is rewarding being with the patients one on one
Quality First Assist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Love working for a hospital its the best reward in the healthcare industry where you can use your talents and hands on skills and help other people on a daily basis.
Productive and fun place to work.
CARDIAC SONOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for methodist. The people are just great. Management is fair. You can always feel comfortable stepping into your boss office and talking to her anytime.
Pros
30 MINUTE LUNCH BREAKS.
Cons
TWO 15 MINUTE BREAKS PER SHIFT.
High intensity labor, little pay.
Patient Care Assistant; Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78299January 17, 2017
High intensity, high acuity work for little pay, management lacked consideration of patient acuity. HCA facilities do not pay much in my experience.
Pros
staff stuck together
Cons
management lacked interaction with employees unless to reprimand
Productive and fun place to work
SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Houston, txJanuary 16, 2017
This place is the best to work at the coworkers and management are awesome. The place was always busy and I got to learn a lot in such a short time, I enjoyed working with patients and scheduling appointments.
Pros
great benefits, excellent atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2