Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Dallas Methodist
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This was a great place to work. It had team work and support from management.This was my first job from Nursing school. It was a great experience into medsurg and nursing all at once
Overall positiive experience working with the public
PBX OPERATOR/FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 27, 2016
I worked at the Methodist Hospital in Merrilville IN for approximately 3.5 years and I thoroughly enjoyed the mechanics of my position working as a Switchboard Operator/Front Desk Receptionists. I felt a sense of accomplishment in serving the patients and in serving the public as a first contact for the hospital with callers calling in to the hospital. It was educational and enjoyable working with the many doctors, pastorial staff and volunteers at the hospital.
Pros
Comfortable working conditions
Cons
When working as sole operator on night shift, difficult to get away from switchboard for bathroom breaks
Money-hungry. No loyalty to employees
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Only thing that gets worshipped at HMH is money. They will always choose money; the employee last if at all.

If you are within about 5 years away from 20 years of service, you may be let go. They'll hire someone younger (for less pay & less use of insurance). Multiply that times even 100 employees & that's a lot of money.

Human Resources department is horrible. Try to reach them for anything is a battle. They will not reply to emails or messages. Voice mails are full. If you actually manage to reach them, you'll find they talk a good deal, but do nothing. Lots of current platitudes (I'll reach out to....). How about actions? Such as I will call? And then actually do that.

You've been warned. It is all about money there.
Pros
Many good employees.
Cons
Expensive insurance. The longer you're there, the lower your raises no matter what your evaluations are. Money first.
Patient care unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Its the best place if ur looking for a down to earth atmosphere, with good people. The coworkers treat u like ur family, and the most enjoyable thing about the job is that every body gets along with everybody, and know body tells each other business, dram free.
Pros
Free lunch all the time
Cons
This is a productive workplace and well organized.
Patient Access Service (Current Employee) –  Houston Methodist Sugarland, Tx .January 25, 2016
Providing quality customer service in person or over the telephone is absolutely important to me at all times whether , a patient is asking for directions or if you see that someone is in need then it is my job to assist every way possible. Co-workers we are a team and I work as a teamplayer. Management is awesome understanding , helpful, patient. Hardest of my job is that I know I can't make everybody happy but I'll do my very best with the skills I have in front of me. Happing others in need patient or co-workers.
Pros
My company (Methodist Hospital) we do have discounted lunches, exercise gym and bonuses.
Cons
Short lunch, hard taking a break at times.
Volunteer
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2016
I saw how patients were initially admitted into Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Saw what a typical day of Cardiac Rehabilitation consisted of.
Nice Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 21, 2016
The staff works very well together. The care provided at Methodist is patient centered. Its an average sized hospital. They have fairly good benefits which may vary per your union. I learned a lot working there. The nurses were really good about explaining procedures to patients as they were doing them. The staff is encouraged to educate the patients based on their conditions. I was a NA there and I worked in different places throughout the hospital. I believe the aides there work really hard in order to make the nurses jobs easier. Often times the aides didn't get much credit for patient outcomes there. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient recover and go home with a favorable opinion of the care that we gave.
Pros
Friendly Faces
Cons
Cliques
Well Respected
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Center, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Methodist is a well respected magnet hospital. The nurses and physicians are some of the best in the city. Many of the employees have been a part of the hospital system for greater than 5 years.
Pros
many supportive managers
Cons
high nurse patient ratios; frequently understaffed
not typical work days
Unit Secretary/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2016
There really is not a typical work day here everyday is different, sometimes its slow and sometimes its very busy. I learned how to do various things while working here and everyone is great to work with, very helpful and caring.
Pros
Large network of people
Cons
expensive health insurance, not regular raises
Caring supervisors
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
The hospital is a good place to work. Not only are the nurses nice, the supervisors are equally nice and understanding with the workers. The patients were always happy to see me because I delivered their food.
workplace
Registered Nurse, Neurology/Stroke Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working at the Methodist hospital. It was only sad that when I graduated from nurse practitioner school as a FNP, they were not hiring FNP's just ACNP. I would have loved to continue my career there but I couldn't.
not employed at houston methodist
Senior Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 11, 2016
employed at Methodist Hospitals in Merrillville Indiana, no affiliation with Houston Methodist, therefore I cannot provide details and reviews of Houston Methodist.
Overall great company
Certified Sterile Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Over the past 15 years I have been able to experience myriad of skills that have afforded many opportunities thus far. For example, working in the Operating room with such a diverse group of individuals from surgeons to anesthesia technicians with different levels of education has given myself and others around me diverse reasoning and the understanding of how team work can enhance the outcome of a delicate situation such as surgery. Being able to interact with the patients, their families, and the members of the healthcare team is the best part of the job.
Pros
BONUS
Cons
HOURS
Great people to work with
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 7, 2016
Arrived early have a cup of coffee. Talked to others about what
was the priority for that day. Started working on the most important task for about an hour. In about 2 hours the phone began to ring and
I took messages and made appoints for the CFO. The day would
continue balancing the phones and the priority. It was a busy day every day.
Pros
Cafe within the building
Cons
Short lunch period
Productive workplace great teamwork.
Unit Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Morning meeting, Organize work for the day, Implementing new ideas.
The hardest part of my day is getting everyone on one accord. The part I look most forward to is making my patients smile
Pros
bouns
Cons
short staff
No comment really
Registrar PRN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 31, 2015
The staff is the major problem. The staff as well as management has clicks therefore if you don't fit in you just don't. staff is rude and everyone even people with the same position as you thinks there your boss.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, overworked
Methodist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNDecember 30, 2015
Typical day was to come and stock lab tray and pick up floor runs. I have learned to take my time and be very accurate when dealing with patients in the hospital. Management was pretty descent, other then you may work through lunch, due to lack of staff. Hardest part was to see someone dying. Enjoyable part you see new people daily.
Pros
Meet new people daily
Cons
Need fuller staff
Methodist Hospital of Philadelphia
Diane Wildermuth, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2015
Worker's Compensation facilty - helping injured employees from all all companies all over the state

compassion and managing a very busy facility to stay on track and take care of all injuries

I was management and was very efficient

co-workers were efficient and dedicated
One of the best companies I worked for
Senior Revenue Cycle Specialist, Plastics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
I have been here for a year now - it is a good company, I get along well with my coworkers and other employees. Some employees too zealous make your life miserable. But in the grand scheme of things I like it here.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunches in my practice
Cons
zeal
Great group of people to work with
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2015
Great patients and nursing staff. Enough work to keep you busy. Worked with some great people. Made some life long friends.