Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

learned alot in the business world
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMay 18, 2015
Pros: vacation discounts
hardest part of the job incoming phone calls, learned how work in the corporate world, most enjoyable part of my job vacations and the co-workers
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
R.N.- Case Management (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 16, 2015
HMSL is a great place to work. The people you work with are dedicated team players. Management listens to your concerns and ideas. Great place to work
Great Work Environment
Academic Practice Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
Houston Methodist values its employees and the work environment. They put patient care first and set high standards in the community.
Great
CERTIFIED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
Great place to work. Good people to work with and be around. plenty of opportunity for advancement. excellent leadership at this hospital.
Presbyterian Hospital
Registrar (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 5, 2015
Enjoyed working at Presbyterian hosptial very exciting working in the ER. I enjoyed working with patients and meeting new coworkers.
productive and fun place to work with
Senior Compliance Coding Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: There is job and work balance
Cons: No bonuses for compliance department.
great management and great people to work with. There is a job security and the company encourages and provides educational courses.
Very fulfilling position
Transporter (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2015
Started as a candy striper. Wonderful summer job. Learned the ins and outs of patient care and their needs. Loved working with the patients and building relationships. The hardest part of this job was the hours.
Fast pace call center with Fortune 500 company
Centralized Scheduler II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Not enough staff
A typical day at work involved answering high volume of incoming calls from patients and physician offices to schedule outpatient test for patients. Can be high level of stress sometimes when short staffed.
Good company to work for
Patient Care Assistant II (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: great bonuses
Cons: having a whole floor to myself at night with 18 pts.
Typical day of work was coming in and seeing what floor I have been floated to. Once I receicved my assignment, I would proceed into taking care of my patients.
was a new grad only worked there for 7 months
graduate nurse (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 27, 2015
kinda felt as a new grad i need more supervision felt like i was left on my own to much especially for a Neuro ICU unit. people were friendly tried to help me learn what I could just very overwhelmed at that stage of my carrier
Summer internship as Scanner Clerk at The Methodist Hospital
Scanner Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Easy task, experience in medical field
Cons: Repetitive work, lack of job culture
I worked only a summer at Methodist Hospital, in the scheduling department. My role was simply to scan doctors orders into the computer system and make sure the information was correct. Initially, the hardest part was learning the software but I was able to catch on very quickly. From the outside it may look tedious but I enjoyed organizing the data, knowing that important patient information was involved which should be respected and in perfect order. My co-workers were friendly but usually busy since the phones were constantly ringing. I value the experience I gained there and it has instilled a continual interest in the medical field.
employment
Cook (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: dont really promote with in even though they say that
This Company is great to work for my only reason for leaving was I need a full time position. The employees are team workers
Houston Methodist is passionate about a healthy lifestyle
Sr. Coding Specialist for Internal Medicine (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 19, 2015
Houston Methodist offers a competitive salary. The employee programs are designed to help employees live a healthier lifestyle.

Unfortunately, Houston Methodist is not currently set up for Professional Coders to work remotely.
Awesome Place to Work, Great Staff, Great Management
Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great Place to Work
Cons: Parking
Great Place to Work, Great Benefits, Awesome Staff, The Department I worked in was very business which I loved and I was really hard to leave.
Productive work place
Vascular Technologist Externship (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 16, 2015
Methodist hospital was easy going. I enjoyed my experince at the hospital. I got the opportunities to further my skills and learn new things. Managers and co-workers were very friendly.
Horrible Workplace
Sr. File Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
This is not a great place to work they make false promises and are not consisitent withe schedule or the people you work with dont do as much work as you are doing and probally getting paid more
Scheduler/Register/Insurance Verifier
Scheduler (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
Make sure all patients are scheduled and insurance is ready for exams. Get patients registered for the process of their exams.
As a RT with 4 years experience not great benefits as far and Pay is concerned
Respiratory Care Practitioner III (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2015
Great learning hospital. Busy place to work since we are always short staff and the hospital has decided to cut Respiratory over time which has effected every RT working almost over working with no increase in Pay or any other benefits.
Respiratory Department management is horrible to work with. Some of them have very short temper and does not have the habit to listen and give a positive feedback. Worked 4 years here and do not remember if we ever had a departmental meeting where we relay our concerns.
Overall if you can avoid the Respiratory Management it is a great place to work.
Overall good place to work
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Nassau Bay, TXApril 2, 2015
Nice location, good benefits and cordial co-workers. Hospital cares about patient care and reputation. Management in specific department may need to adjust methods.
A productive and wonderful place at the hospital.
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Merrillville, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: holidays off
Cons: short breaks
The main goal at my place of employment is to make sure the patients receive the best care. We also aim to make sure they are as comfortable as possible. i love working with my co-workers because we believe in team work to achieve these goals together. Despite tough times, we all focus mainly on whats important for our patients and keep a smile on our face as well as a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing our patients leave our department well with a smile on their faces.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Methodist

During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients – Read more

Houston Methodist Salaries