Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

I love Houston Methodist
Animal Technician I (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
I get along great with my management and coworkers and enjoy coming to work everyday to do my job and help people. I really don't have a hard part of my job I enjoy it all.
Great work environment
Monitor Technician/ Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2015
Did not work for Houston Methodist. I worked for Methodist Hospital in San Antonio. I worked with some of the hardest working people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Family Environment
Staff RN (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Great teamwork! Everyone is willing to help each other. Family environment, they will not let you fail. The opportunity that was awarded to me was greatly appreciated. I will refer friends to apply at this workplace.
Chart filling and assembly
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Hospital was close to my house
Cons: Worked alone on weekends
I would receive paperwork from the ER and put the paperwork in order, make a folder or put the paperwork in the patients original folder
A very good and friendly working environment that allows you to enhance all of your job skills
Certified Pharmacy Technician and IV CERTIFIED (Current Employee), Baytown, TexasJune 24, 2015
Pros: great learning enivironment
Cons: none
Doing my 6 years of service @ Methodist Hospital, I have learned a lot of job skills that allowed me to become an excellent IV Pharmacy Technician. Methodist supports their employees not just at work but, in their personal life as well. Methodist is a very friendly working environment.
Sweat shop
Sterile Processing Tech II (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: None
Over worked under paid .. Always under staff no weekend diff .. You will do many jobs at one time.... they don't care about patient care .. Trust me I just left no pros at all ! All cons ( started in med center I should have stayed there ) it's a much better place to work .
Great Benefits
Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: none
Comfortable environment
large work family
Great Place to Work
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2015
The Methodist Hospital was a great place to work. I was able to work my up through the professional ladder after graduation.
I wanted to work for Methodist because of the values and culture fostered by leadership and employees.
As a non-clinical professional I was led by amazing clinical teams who made my job as a recruiter easier by sharing their wealth of knowledge.
Great Company
Culinary Worker / Docker (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 17, 2015
its a great job , management is very supportive, I enjoy that the job keeps me busy, the job takes great patience , a typical day is making sure the client is happy
One of the best hospitals to work for!
Certified EKG Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Houston Methodist values its employees and the work environment. They put patient care first and set high standards in the community.
Enjoyed every aspect of the position
Quality Assurance Rep, Admit. Coordinator, Biller (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 6, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: None
Average work flow of multi tasking duties
Problem solving and update of medical classes such as terminology and coding.
Management treated employees fairly
Team players
No supervision.
overworked, underpaid
rn (Former Employee), sugar landJune 6, 2015
Pros: Commute
Cons: salary, management, insurance, retirement, workload
Understaff all the time. Too many things expected from you aside from pt. care. No weekend differentials and you are obliged to work every other weekend.
STAY AWAY!
Treat Employees well
Volunteer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2015
I liked volunteering here. many perks for employees and you get a reference letter after 100 hours. There are many types of volunteer opportunities.
Excellant place to work
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Over all good placve to work
Cons: some of the medical staff are diffcult
Busy Heart team and NICU. Good patient care. Cam be get a little busy. Excellent management they are there to help you but they let you do your job.
Very professional and patient centered environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: The medical center location had a very professional, clean work environment
I really enjoyed my eight years with the Methodist Hospital, located in the medical center, I still regret leaving that location. I loved being busy and, constantly multitasking, the hardest part of the job was having to see families reaction to loosing a loved one.
Great hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
The Methodist Hospital is a wonderful hospital to work in and at. I would recommend working there to anyone.There is always opportunity for growth and knowledge.
Strong learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: Benefits reduced.
I worked at Main Methodist in San Antonio, TX 24 years in multiple areas. I had a great relationship and respect from physicians and peers. There was great team work in each area I worked. Most of the people I worked with are still friends. It became my second family . Management over the years had varied results. The hardest part of my job was to leave and try somewhere else new.
Very professional and great company to work for
Patient Service Assistant/ PSA (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch, smiling and seeing several people daily
Night shift crew we have a huddle and learn something new in training every night to grab a further understanding of what our job is then we are sent to sanitize operation areas.
A Environment were i was challenged and given the opportunity to show my skills and abilities to others
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: able to prepare food the way i wanted to.
Cons: had to pay for all meals.
Assist with preparation of all meals. Cooks all meals on a timely schedule pertaining to when the meals were due to be presented to the guest and patients. Cleaned station regularly documented temperatures and waste daily, and keep station set up with sanitization and soap buckets thorough out the day.
Great place to work and benefits are wonderful
Remittance Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: Far distance to drive
I have gained extensive knowledge in accounts receivable for the hospital and look forward to learning new material. A typical day at work consist of many duties that require focus, balancing, and time management. I have met several great and caring people. The hardest part of the job is the drive but that was known from the beginning. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I do my job well and with a smile at all times.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Methodist

During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients – Read more

Houston Methodist Salaries