Houston Methodist Employee Reviews in United States

Great learning experience!
CHF Readmission Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Houston Methodist west , Katy txAugust 22, 2016
I would go in log in and start reviewing all heart failure patients, sorting out who are being discharged the same day or the next day. I would review other people notes and go off that and make my own as well when i would visit the charge nurse, i would make appointments visit that patient review with them and their family members. Note all my work on excel and call the doctor office for them verify insurance and if they dont have a cardiologist than i would refer to a care navigator and find one for them. Hardest part would be convincing the patient to not miss the appointment other than that the day goes smooth and no issues occur. I learned alot about patient behavior and the system the hospital use and overall hospital behavior and setting. It really helped me get a good start. Co-workers are friendly and dont give any hard time for no reason, we all work as a team and want the best for our patients. Their satisfaction means alot and giving them the best treatment and attention is our main goal
Pros
7$ lunch passes!
Great Experience
AAS Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed doing my clinical with Houston Methodist and would love to hopefully become an employee with them. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. They had great customer service.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work. Co-workers are supportive, Location is near my home and my children's schools. I love the supportive atmosphere.
What I've learned
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
I've learned and appreciate the strong culture of I-CARE goals and mission. I've worked along side some great hospital leaders and appreciate and value the experience.
Pros
Worked along side some great hospital managers and directors.
Great Hospital
Student Intern / Clinical rotation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Great place to work at. I enjoyed my clinical rotation there. Staff and patients all were very comfortable to work with.
Fast pace and high ethical standards
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
I am the face of the unit, which is why I take pride in my appearance and integrity. I enjoy working and communicating with people. I am constantly answering a call bell and multi-lines phone system, greeting guest, providing excellent customer service, accessing and requesting patient records, operating multiple computer software, typing, faxing, filing, and assisting a team of hospital staff with respect and compassion.
Pros
Inservices and special activities
Cons
uncompassionate and disrespectful co-workers
Great place to work!
Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2016
I enjoy working for one of the most recognized hospitals in the country.The past four years have been an awesome learning experience for myself, I look forward to continuing to grow within the company.
Some of the manager do not treat employees with diabetics fairly.
Clinical Nutrition II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2016
After speaking with another manager that is over all Dietietian she agreed with me I needed something to eat after working a 5 1/2 straight so I would not become lite headed. My manager wrote me up for just eating a small piece of a banana and having a pepermit in my month.
Firing me because I became close to one of the patient that had diabetic also.
I like it. The pay is very good. Much better than HCA
Unit Secretary Med/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
It's a great place to work and it's very diverse. Very professional. We are recognized for good work, and patient care. There are different programs and classes to grow.
Pros
The incentive bonuses
Cons
There should be parking garage for employees only
Houston Methodist
Chemotherapy Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
Culture is pleasant, room for advancement, management is above par. Many incentives and programs for a better life such as tuition reimbursement.
I love how management support each of their employee
Staff Nurse / Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
I have nothing but positive experience in Houston methodist hospital. There will be some days that is rough at work but im thankful for my managers and coworkers who are very supportive to me all the time,
Ok to work here
PATIENT ACCESS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
It has its moments people are difficult, every one complains and is worried about what the next person is doing. And is not concerned about what everyone else is doing. The department I work in is very fast paced and is hectic at times and no one has time to sit around and observe what the other person is doing. That is my opinion.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
do not work with your home life balance
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
Good place to work. Staff treatment is good. It has been good work experience. You receive quarterly bonuses. They give lots of hmh apparel, bags umbrellas etc to show employee appreciation.
Great Corporate Environnment
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston TX.August 1, 2016
It had been a great experience and great co-workers. I enjoyed the atmosphere and comradery.

Houston Methodist is one of the greatest places in Texas to work.
Better than it seems
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
Working here was a pleasure. The job culture is easy to follow. You come to work, do your job, and have a good day. It's a hospital so there is bound to be bad days. The management is generally understanding. And the part time vs full time benefits perfectly balanced out. Part timers are weekends and Full time is Monday through Friday. The benefits are pretty good and competitive and if you are consistent, there is room for upward or lateral advancement.
Pros
Great work atmosphere most times. Everyone acts like family members
Cons
Breaks could be longer. Some employees are Juvenile.
Accountability for all
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Good benefits but a tremendous lack of accountability for physicians. Physicians are allowed to be exempt from ICARE values. They lack respect for others, patients, and accountability. They do not get addressed for negative cultures they create in the offices and instead of realizing that they are Methodist employees just as the rest of us are, they are allowed to make decisions and are treated as owners in private practice. Methodist was "dismayed" at not being on the top 100 employers list, this culture of turning a blind eye to bad physician behavior is one example of the hypocrisy. Until we treat ALL employees equally-- regardless of the title behind their names, or the acronym MD behind it-- we will continue to have issues as an organization, and will be unable to live up to our motto- leading medicine.
Pros
Beenefits
Cons
Physician accountability
Very organized hospital system
ECT RN three mornings per week (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
It was a good learning experience for me, but it was not the job for me. I liked my job, for the most part, but my responsibilities were very diverse and broad, making it difficult to learn the job.
Pros
Great benefit package, even for part-timers.
Cons
Too hectic.
productive friendly family
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Houston Methodist Sugarland is great place to work. I currently work in the emergency room. Emergency room is always busy. Patients come from a far just to get the quality of service Methodist offers. Professionalism and dedication to provide the best care.
Pros
always give employee appreciation gifts
Cons
short breaks
Challenging
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX Methodist HospitalJuly 20, 2016
This was a good place to work. I was able to work independently and felt appreciated for the job done. Unfortunately an illness, which has been resolved with eye surgery, took an extended recovery which resulted in an administrative termination.
busy place
Remit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
I acquired a lot of experience, and good relationship with co-workers, the hard part was the long hours for month end to meet deadline
Pros
Great Benefits

4.2