Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Unit Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030December 8, 2017
It was a very diverse company with great benefits, discounts to many different companies, and also offered tuition reimbursement. Many employees were extremely friendly.
Pros
benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
management and lazy employees
wonder place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2017
great place to start off at and room for improvement and advancement withing the company.. very family friendly and willing to help anyone in need , like hurricane Harvey providing money and housing to those in need
Pros
great people
Cons
hours
Review
Sr Patient Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2017
Overworked and under paid - no work life balance. Hardly gets lunchs, doctors are crazy , no advancement even when they say you do, no life outside of job.
Great Team
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2017
Great team! Everyone works together. Management was good at recognizing empoyees. Good moral. The hardest part of the job is what helped everyone work as a team.
Overall one of the best hospitals to work for!
CLINICAL COLLEAGUE RN II -- FULL-TIME (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030December 5, 2017
I would have stayed at Methodist Hospital till I retired after leaving St.Luke's hospital. The medical benefits were excellent. Staff are very professional,caring, respectful. It was a stressful,fast-paced, fun place to work. ALL RNs took turns being Charge RN for the shift. I have learned a great deal working here, and regretted leaving. Due to personal medical reasons, I had to take time off to recover.
Pros
medical benefits/insurance, Pto, professional staff, excellent teaching hospital
Cons
stressful, fast-paced
I really enjoyed working there
staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 5, 2017
Just want to say that I want to back to my work. A typical day was tiring but satisfactory. As I enjoy my team and my work. Working environment was very healthy. My staff was very help ful.
Pros
Respect, High quality care
Cons
work overload
Great people. Great job.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 5, 2017
Interning at the hospital was one of the best things I've ever done. The people were great, the hospitality was excellent, and I learned so much. I aspire to work there someday.
I won't go into detail because everyone's experience is their own.
Material Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
I won't go into detail because everyone's experience is their own. But my experience in particular hasn't been a bad one. You'll always encounter lazy people and you'll encounter some real work horses.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
For me it was the short lunch breaks.
Sterile Processing
Sterile Processing Technician II/Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
I have worked here for 2.5 years. For the most part Methodist is a good place to work for. My experience with some of my co-worker has not be good. Management uasually promotes you on their personal feelings and not their professional opinion.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Management always threatening you, to only give you a Lunch break
Many of my co-workers have been exceptional
Coordinator/Supervisor, PAS Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
Great place to work. Little opportunity for advancement. Patient centered, employee-centered. Wish there was more collaboration across disciplines - could mean greater improvement in time-worn processes.
High Quality Patient Centered Care is the mantra of Methodist Houston Hospital
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
There were very few "typical" days. Each day brought a new challenge (or two) along with its own rewards.

As a novice in a medical practice, I learned the inner workings of how a physician practice was managed, how to scheduling a patient, obtain insurance approvals for surgery and most importantly, how to speak with a new patient that has been referred to an Oncology Surgeon for treatment. These patients were frightened and fearful. Listening, reassuring and gaining their trust was usually the first step in supporting their emotional journey along with the medical one.

My other responsibility was support to the office of the Chairman. Working with Methodist personnel at any level was a pleasure. Courteous and professional was the norm.

Methodist has an extremely strong and focused culture with regard to patient care. Management is open to suggestions and real world solutions to problems as long as they adhere to industry standards and protocol.

The most rewarding and the most difficult was the emotional attachment to the patients. Thankfully, I had two good mentors, my immediate supervisor and his Oncology Nurse who helped guide me as the needs arose.
Pros
A large number of Methodist employees have 20 and 30 year employment histories.
Cons
There are no cons at working at Methodist.
Great coworkers
Full time primary care nurse on a thirty (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
Great hospital to work for, 100% patient satisfaction. Great coworkers some will go out of their way to help you out when needed even when not asked.
workplace
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
The time I have been here I enjoyed working for this company, but there is no movement, at least in my department. I have been here for 4 years and I would love to stay. Maybe something will change.
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
from racism, to lack of advancement to unprofessional practices you enter at your own risk. This place is not the place that it projects to the world. Good luck though.
Pros
You are free to leave
Cons
management sucks, again, enter at your own risk
Houston Methodist
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 25, 2017
Great place for experience and advancement I CARE culture that is visible throughout the organization (multi-million dollar employee assistance fund set-up after Hurricane Harvey to help employees who suffered damages from the storm; everyone received a "whole" paycheck for the week of the storm whether they were able to make it work or not; those who did make it to work received $100 bonus for each day during the worst of the storm; counseling and …
Communication is key! Dr. Boom does a great job of communicating honestly and frequently with the organization. The communication during Hurricane Harvey was very helpful and kept all informed throughout the disaster.
Great place to work but Management
PeopleSoft System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2017
The health insurance is the best I had ever in my career. The work culture is great and friendly environment. The worker are very friendly and you feel like home.
Pros
Work and life balanace
PO CBO run far and FAST
Accounts Receivable Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2017
In this location its all about the PRODUCTIVITY , its quantity over quality no matter how much work you do or how much time you put into making sure that things are correct it more about you NUMBERS.
Pros
working for Methodist
Cons
no management support, No sop!
Great job culture/environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 21, 2017
I enjoy working for Houston Methodist Hospital. The job culture is excellent. Everyone is helpful and works as a team. The benefits are very good and pay is competitive with other area hospitals.
quality care with good patient outcome
RN (Current Employee) –  Center, TXNovember 16, 2017
good team work environment where as a nurse I am able to provide quality care to my patients. Houston Methodist is an excellent environment based on evidence base practice.
Pros
good benefits and good working environment
Cons
long distance to work
Working Independently
RN-Flex Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
I worked as a flex nurse, which meant I floated to any unit that was in need of a nurse due admissions or someone calling in. I functioned as a unit nurse and collaborated with nurses, nurse-practitioner, and physicians. All of units were unique and the hardest part of my job was learning where everything was stocked and trying to manage my time. I really enjoyed everyday, because everyday was a different setting with different people.
Pros
Everyone was always willing to help
Cons
Not knowing where everything was stocked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2