Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employer Reviews

Eager to Learn
Audio/Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
This was my first job at Methodist and where I build my foundation to grow up the ladder. I loved getting to know that people that I grew to know. I made presentations for them and traveled with them to make sure that their presentations went without a hitch wherever they went. You cant beat that.
They worked well around your schedule.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 11, 2015
Very good hours.
Inviting and great young professional coworkers.
They worked well around you schedule.
Very warm and inviting atmosphere
Excellent Employer
Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis ParkFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day involves working with the manager of the department that I am currently working it. Along side the manager is the Associate Nurse manager, and all of the physicians, nurses, and radiology tech's that I must maintain a high level of communication in order to run the department in a highly effective and efficient manner. I have learned a great deal about Infor Lawson Mobile Supply Chain and Back office. Additionally, how to manage difficult situations, by remaining calm, providing details of the current situation, and utilizing resource to resolve the situation. My manager is very loyal, and has provided me with the support to do what is necessary in the department.
Productive, Fast paced, Organized
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I learned how to:
• Empty colostomy/urine bags
• Check, document, & report vital signs to charge nurse
• Assist patients with all delegated tasks.
• Responsible for any other non-nursing tasks.
payed off Days
Food and Nutrition Services Transporter (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Provide excellent customer service to residents by administering resident check-ins.
Perform monthly room checks.
Plan and organize resident meetings.
Great people to work with
Telemetry/EKG Technician (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2015
It was a great and rewarding place to work. I enjoyed my time there and still miss working with patients and the people I worked with.
Caring, Sad, and awesome environment
Volunteer Patient Escort (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I would volunteer at houston methodist whenever they were short on staff or just needed help. I would change bed sheets, take patients a shower, and check their vitals.
Enjoyable work environment of healthcare workers.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: working closely with other healthcare professionals, using the knowledge gained to help people in need.
Cons: long hours of being away from my family.
A 12 hour shift of seeing E.R. patients, as needed. I appreciated thinking outside of textbook parameters to accomplish necessary diagnostic x-rays while maintaining a high level of confidentiality with a focus on patient radiation protection. Our management staff worked right along with us and encouraged professional growth. My teammates and I would support each other to ensure optimum patient care. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to work with supportive professionals in many health care fields within the hospital setting. The hardest part of my job was working holidays and having to be away from my family.
Excellent I Care values; excellent core values; and great patient care.Great colleagues and team work
RN-BSN; MSN/FNP (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules. great location
Cons: low pay comparing to other health care facilities
Flexible schedule, equipment available to do a job well done.
Provided leadership for Raidation Oncology Department.
Director of Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility.
Cons: leadership turnover.
Day-to-day operations. Co-workers across the hospital were solid. The hardest part of the job was educating Senior Leadership about the entire continuum of oncology from diagnosis to survivorship. The mostenjoyable part of the job as working with an incredible leadership team and a 1st class organization. Building two cancer centers, integrating all the cancer centers into a service line and partnering with Euromedic International through our international office were the highlights. We had the opportunity to influence how cancer care was delivered in Poland and Bosnia.
Terrible despite great reputation
RN IIB (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I thought this would be my dream job. It ended up being a nightmare. Staff is generally top-notch. Management is not bottom of the barrel, it is the mold growing underneath the barrel. They are focused on their own agendas only. If they think you will be their willing yes-man, then you have a chance.
Fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at this hospital. I worked with the greatest group of people. The doctors were fun and caing people.
great place to work
Satellite clinical pharmacist (Current Employee), san Antonio, txDecember 24, 2014
Honed my skills as a clinical pharmacist
Learned hospital protocol and TJC compliance
Great Day
SR. Medical Assistant and Patient Affairs (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: lunch/ pay check deduction
Cons: healthcare
Customer Satisfactory Award!
Most Improved Employee

The hardest part of my job was prioritizing patients daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures. Work in patients increased and Obstetrics Gynecologist will except most major emergencies . It was a challenge in the beginning, ordering labs, and assisting R.N. and M. D. perform preventative maintenance on emergency equipment.
Great Employer
Patient Liaison/Special Client Svc/Sr Billing Spec (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great people to work with. Management is great. Learned several different systems which expanded my knowledge. Always willing to hear and implement new ideas to assist the clients and staff. Very focused on excellent customer service.
well magenaged company to work for
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 4, 2014
it is not Houston methodist Hospital it is park Nicollet Methodist Hospital. it is actually a great Hospital.
Its a start for someone whos just looking for a lil money
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
Once you work for Methodist you automatically want to start applying for different jobs.
I loved working at Methodist
Staff Technologists II (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: interesting
Cons: distance to drive to the med center and parking was a problem
working in ER and OR Methodist was a great place to work also learned a lot about medicine in general
getting to meet people and interact
Volunteer Emergency Room, Medical Staff services (Current Employee), Arcadia, CANovember 23, 2014
Getting the opportunity to get and learn new experience working for a great company.
Happy Place
Charging Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Methodist is a good place to work. I have been there for 15 years. I am looking for a job that will challenge the skill and the field that I work in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Methodist

During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients – Read more

Houston Methodist Photos