Houston Methodist Employee Reviews in United States

Accountability for all
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Good benefits but a tremendous lack of accountability for physicians. Physicians are allowed to be exempt from ICARE values. They lack respect for others, patients, and accountability. They do not get addressed for negative cultures they create in the offices and instead of realizing that they are Methodist employees just as the rest of us are, they are allowed to make decisions and are treated as owners in private practice. Methodist was "dismayed" at not being on the top 100 employers list, this culture of turning a blind eye to bad physician behavior is one example of the hypocrisy. Until we treat ALL employees equally-- regardless of the title behind their names, or the acronym MD behind it-- we will continue to have issues as an organization, and will be unable to live up to our motto- leading medicine.
Pros
Beenefits
Cons
Physician accountability
productive friendly family
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Houston Methodist Sugarland is great place to work. I currently work in the emergency room. Emergency room is always busy. Patients come from a far just to get the quality of service Methodist offers. Professionalism and dedication to provide the best care.
Pros
always give employee appreciation gifts
Cons
short breaks
Challenging
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX Methodist HospitalJuly 20, 2016
This was a good place to work. I was able to work independently and felt appreciated for the job done. Unfortunately an illness, which has been resolved with eye surgery, took an extended recovery which resulted in an administrative termination.
busy place
Remit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
I acquired a lot of experience, and good relationship with co-workers, the hard part was the long hours for month end to meet deadline
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
During my experience asan interpreter in Houston Methodist hospital, I used to go with my co workers to Zumba class twice a week after work
Liaison Medical interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
A typical work day includes using my skills in English and foreign language (Arabic) in order to provide invaluable services to the patients and the medical staff and to build the bridge to assure they are receiving accurate diagnoses and treatment.
I learned how to control my emotions, same time how to show empathy to patients. My experience as an interpreter also includes using communication skills as being part of every step in the healthcare process such as consultation, scheduling for appointments and others. Working as an interpreter means being part of a big family of interpreters who work together in order to assure that we cover all the appointments, including those unscheduled, and being able to handle the delay in a professional way. The hardest part of the job is when we have incurable patient while the part I enjoy the most is when telling the patients that they completely recovered.
I love houston methodist!!!!!!!!!!!
Sr. Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for Houston Methodist. I left to start school full time and now I'm at another large organization and I can say, they have nothing on Houston Methodist. As a Medical Assistant my start of pay was GREAT. The benefits and random bonus received, AWESOME. The saying "MY PLEASURE" sticks with you. Patient care is #1 key but the Methodist organization yet and still takes care of their employees. The competition is no competition when it comes to how a large organization treats its employees.
Pros
PAY, BENEFITS, AND RANDOME BONUSES
Interesting Job
Registration Specialist Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2016
I worked at Nebraska Methodist for 2 years I enjoyed most of my time there in the Registration Department; however, with management changes the work environment became too stressful.
Excellent company with many opportunities for advancement.
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 12, 2016
Competitive salary, great benefits, tuition reimbursement. Quarterly bonus, employee activities. Excellent place of employment. I have been happy In the 5yrs that I have been here.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Long Hours.
Lab (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Excellent place to work. Standards are really high. They hire people
with experience and it shows. There is a lot of room to move up the ladder. Pay is decent.
Great place to work.
Staff RN, Surgical ICU (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
Management was above average. Co-workers were awesome and very knowledgeable. Great learning environment. Cafeteria was exceptional with extended hours to accommodate night shift staff.
This was my first nursing job
Neuro ICU Nurse, Head and Neck Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2016
The Methodist Hospital had a superb training program and there was plenty of support from all staff. I learned a great deal about being an ICU nurse, as well as clinical neurology. The Methodist Hospital is now Magnet status.
Pros
Best training for new nurses
Cons
Short staffed many times and forced to do unfamiliar procedures and float to other units
if you have great manager is a great place
temp (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2016
Its a great place to work if you have a great team to work. Sometimes you get patients that are a lil aggressive but for the most part most patients are great and you grow attached.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work.
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
Learned how to use Athena. Hardest part of my job was working on productivity never had to do that before. Coworkers were great and so was management.
Pros
Free Transportation
Cons
Long commute
poor floor manager
Charge Nurse Ortho/Neuro floor, floated prn (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2016
acute carer of ortho/neuro patients 5-7 in number with one CNA; difficulty getting full time hours r/t fact floor manager refused to talk to part time people taking hours in computer staffing, wouldn't put full time people first
Pros
working with nurses and patients there, experience of type surgeries
Cons
scheduling hours, manager not supportive
I liked working with my co-workers.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Medical CenterJuly 2, 2016
I enjoyed working there for 8 years and made a lot of great friends and learned a lot about hospital culture. I spent my first 7 years working in the Research Institute for the Department Chair and then transferred into the hospital to work for the Cardiology Department for the Division Chair.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Some management did not follow the ICare values.
good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2016
Got a chance to work in the hospital . It was really a very good experience for me. Was helping them with billing, organizing , filing, etc..
Pros
free lunch..
Great place to work.
Valet Bellman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
From co-workers to the culture and most management; working at the Houston Methodist Hospital has been one of the best experiences so far.
n/a
RN/ Educator/ Charge Nurse/ Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
. Coordinates appropriate, timely patient care, under physician supervision, for patients on the Palliative Medicine service, focusing on identified expected optimal outcomes individualized to the patient. 2. Coordinates patient care between healthcare providers. ┬┐Rounds┬┐ with Palliative Medicine physicians and attends/coordinates interdisciplinary rounds, care conferences, family meetings, and other patient care venues. 3. Conducts comprehensive health assessments: identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops/contributes to the plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes for patients on the palliative care service. 4. Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders. Accepts accountability for outcomes in health care. 5. Performs invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary for defined patient population(s). 6. Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgement to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with healthcare team members to manage/coordinate patient care. 7. Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate. Participates in precepting nursing and medical students, nurses, fellows, and residents who are learners on the Palliative Medicine service. 8. Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.  more... 9. Maintains current licensure and credentials. R  less
IT FIELD TECH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work at. It is fast paced but what hospital isn't that. Staff is awesome and always looking for you to improve your skills. Unfortunately my contract ended with them so definitely working with them if another opportunity arises.
Pros
Staff, Food, Enviornement
Cons
pay for parking
Dishonest and Cheap
Sr. Training and Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2016
This hospital puts itself off as one of the best places to work, and maybe for clinical staff that is true. But for us that work in the background it is rife with politics, racism, and sexism. Every single day is a struggle to get through without someone saying something derogatory or racist. I have never worked in such a negative environment in my life.
Pros
PTO is expansive
Cons
Everything else is horrible.

4.2