Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employer Reviews

Excellent I Care values; excellent core values; and great patient care.Great colleagues and team work
RN-BSN; MSN/FNP (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules. great location
Cons: low pay comparing to other health care facilities
Flexible schedule, equipment available to do a job well done.
Provided leadership for Raidation Oncology Department.
Director of Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility.
Cons: leadership turnover.
Day-to-day operations. Co-workers across the hospital were solid. The hardest part of the job was educating Senior Leadership about the entire continuum of oncology from diagnosis to survivorship. The mostenjoyable part of the job as working with an incredible leadership team and a 1st class organization. Building two cancer centers, integrating all the cancer centers into a service line and partnering with Euromedic International through our international office were the highlights. We had the opportunity to influence how cancer care was delivered in Poland and Bosnia.
Terrible despite great reputation
RN IIB (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I thought this would be my dream job. It ended up being a nightmare. Staff is generally top-notch. Management is not bottom of the barrel, it is the mold growing underneath the barrel. They are focused on their own agendas only. If they think you will be their willing yes-man, then you have a chance.
Fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at this hospital. I worked with the greatest group of people. The doctors were fun and caing people.
great place to work
Satellite clinical pharmacist (Current Employee), san Antonio, txDecember 24, 2014
Honed my skills as a clinical pharmacist
Learned hospital protocol and TJC compliance
Great Day
SR. Medical Assistant and Patient Affairs (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: lunch/ pay check deduction
Cons: healthcare
Customer Satisfactory Award!
Most Improved Employee

The hardest part of my job was prioritizing patients daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures. Work in patients increased and Obstetrics Gynecologist will except most major emergencies . It was a challenge in the beginning, ordering labs, and assisting R.N. and M. D. perform preventative maintenance on emergency equipment.
Great Employer
Patient Liaison/Special Client Svc/Sr Billing Spec (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great people to work with. Management is great. Learned several different systems which expanded my knowledge. Always willing to hear and implement new ideas to assist the clients and staff. Very focused on excellent customer service.
well magenaged company to work for
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 4, 2014
it is not Houston methodist Hospital it is park Nicollet Methodist Hospital. it is actually a great Hospital.
Its a start for someone whos just looking for a lil money
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
Once you work for Methodist you automatically want to start applying for different jobs.
I loved working at Methodist
Staff Technologists II (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: interesting
Cons: distance to drive to the med center and parking was a problem
working in ER and OR Methodist was a great place to work also learned a lot about medicine in general
getting to meet people and interact
Volunteer Emergency Room, Medical Staff services (Current Employee), Arcadia, CANovember 23, 2014
Getting the opportunity to get and learn new experience working for a great company.
Happy Place
Charging Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Methodist is a good place to work. I have been there for 15 years. I am looking for a job that will challenge the skill and the field that I work in.
Benefits and Bonuses
Secretary III (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Great Benefits and bonuses. Hospital is expanding throughout Houston.
productive and flexible workplace
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
I Love it! I like the growth potential and benifits. Very Flexibe and wiling to work with your schedule.
Good Place to Work
office manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
Patient care is number one priority. Organization cares about staff and wants to make the workplace enjoyable. Great company benefits.
Productive and Fun Volunteering here
Volunteer Position/Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: nothing
Methodist Hospital is one of the Finest, Cleanest, and Caring Hospitals I have ever had the pleasure to Volunteer for. The employees treat you as family not just a ill person. The Hospital always smells so nice and warm. The Cafeteria food is like five star dinning, not only did I learn all my Clerical/ Receptionist experience about healthcare but I valued and appreciated it so much I am now in school studying Nursing and Billing.
Learn the most
Endoscopy Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: educational
I really enjoyed my time working at Methodist Hospital. I learned a lot working as a endoscopy tech. I learn more there more than any other hospital because it was all hands on, I enjoyed that. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting the patient up to oxygen, and EKG leads.
great coworkers to work with and patients
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: had medical insurance
Cons: new employees did not have any benifits nor vaction time
great setting and location of the hospital and doctors office near by
Excellent staff - humanistic and compassionate
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
• Managed all telephone contacts, correspondence, various reports, customer complaints, and monthly meeting arrangements for Medical Director/Vice President and Director of Methodist Care HMO. Assisted Director of Transfusion Service and Blood Donor Center to ensure adequate and non-contaminated blood supply for scheduled and emergency operations. (Look back Program)
• Responsible for the confidential notification of patients participating in the Look Back Program
Great atmosphere and great place to advance in career
Telecom Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work/life balance work activities family friends day healthcare insurance
Great atmosphere and team working together to process emergency calls. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm and collected. My coworkers and I worked together to get things done and showed great team work. Our supervisor and team lead were available when needed and that was important. The hardest part of the job may have been the ability to multitask in emergency situations and making sure you have everything you need. This became easier the more and more you performed your duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was overcoming the difficult parts and being confident in knowing you were a great part in saving someones life. I loved being the front line of communication for Methodist Hospital and being there for those in need of our help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Methodist

During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients – Read more

Houston Methodist Photos