Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Fun everyone was friendly
Food and Nutrition Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for employees
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work was busy thats for sure as its a hospital but everyone got along and we worked as a team. Hardest part was knowing all the diets for the paitients. Management was ok at times, sometimes disorganized,
Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 28, 2015
The hospital provides quality care and help to all patients in need. I learned that hospitals depend on a service that is reliable and helpful. The management is helpful and provide examples to help guide you in the workplace.
Good hospital to start at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Houston Methodist was the first hospital setting that I had to opportunity to work in. They were very good at getting me the information that was needed to succeed at my job.
The shift work was a little difficult but it gave me the experience that I needed.
Productive and a good company to work for.
Floor Technician/Messenger (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
Working at Methodist Hospital was productive and it had an opportunity for advancement. The benefits were good. I got a long well with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and giving them encouragement.
People are nice and work atmosphere is great
Registrar/Weekend Finance Counselor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Rewards, movies, car washed, luncheons, meal tickets
Cons: always short staff
Super busy hospital, high expectations of the individuals,
High turn over of upper management, Co-workers are great.
Hardest part of my job it is hard to say NO when asked to work overtime when you know all depts are always short staffed.
Most enjoyable part: Let us know we are doing well, EAG committee does so much to so appreciate towards their employees.
great job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
love the work great place to work love the work great place to work
Fast paced, productive environment.
Nurse Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: 3 days working 3 days off.
Cons: garage price and morning traffic in medical center
Awesome place to work, learned alot . Typical day triage patients in E.R , vital signs, ekg, assist doctors with woundcare and treatments , co workers were good teamplayers, management was ok.
Worked nights staff LVN
Staff LVN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: The way all nurses worked together
Cons: working nights
Received pts, identify pt needs. follow orders, administer medication, A lot of teaching to new mom's, new dads, involved all family members in the education.
Inpatient hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2015
This is an inpatient hospital setting. I worked in the sterile processing area. I learned how to use the robot and the pyxis machine. This was a good learn experience.
Provided Essential Patient Sleep Studies
RPSGT (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 1, 2015
This really was my first employer once I became a registered technician. I learned many things from this very large sleep facility. They had 12 beds and it was an opportunity to learn from many skilled technicians about sleep.
I love Houston Methodist
Animal Technician I (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
I get along great with my management and coworkers and enjoy coming to work everyday to do my job and help people. I really don't have a hard part of my job I enjoy it all.
Great work environment
Monitor Technician/ Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2015
Did not work for Houston Methodist. I worked for Methodist Hospital in San Antonio. I worked with some of the hardest working people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Family Environment
Staff RN (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Great teamwork! Everyone is willing to help each other. Family environment, they will not let you fail. The opportunity that was awarded to me was greatly appreciated. I will refer friends to apply at this workplace.
Chart filling and assembly
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Hospital was close to my house
Cons: Worked alone on weekends
I would receive paperwork from the ER and put the paperwork in order, make a folder or put the paperwork in the patients original folder
A very good and friendly working environment that allows you to enhance all of your job skills
Certified Pharmacy Technician and IV CERTIFIED (Current Employee), Baytown, TexasJune 24, 2015
Pros: great learning enivironment
Cons: none
Doing my 6 years of service @ Methodist Hospital, I have learned a lot of job skills that allowed me to become an excellent IV Pharmacy Technician. Methodist supports their employees not just at work but, in their personal life as well. Methodist is a very friendly working environment.
Sweat shop
Sterile Processing Tech II (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: None
Over worked under paid .. Always under staff no weekend diff .. You will do many jobs at one time.... they don't care about patient care .. Trust me I just left no pros at all ! All cons ( started in med center I should have stayed there ) it's a much better place to work .
Great Benefits
Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: none
Comfortable environment
large work family
Great Place to Work
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2015
The Methodist Hospital was a great place to work. I was able to work my up through the professional ladder after graduation.
I wanted to work for Methodist because of the values and culture fostered by leadership and employees.
As a non-clinical professional I was led by amazing clinical teams who made my job as a recruiter easier by sharing their wealth of knowledge.
Great Company
Culinary Worker / Docker (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 17, 2015
its a great job , management is very supportive, I enjoy that the job keeps me busy, the job takes great patience , a typical day is making sure the client is happy
One of the best hospitals to work for!
Certified EKG Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Houston Methodist values its employees and the work environment. They put patient care first and set high standards in the community.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Methodist

During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients – Read more

Houston Methodist Salaries