Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Growing newly opened hospital
RN II, BSN - Mother Baby Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, ILAugust 22, 2017
The hospital itself seems like a good establishment to work for, the Birthing Center where I worked is experiencing some growing pains and lack of leadership.
Great environment to work.Good culture lovely people to work with. Friendly enviroment
Field operation specialist/ Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Good learning environment with work,supportive team friendly manager operating an open door policy. Very friendly and homely environment.Very good work place culture It get really bust and hectic sometimes but you will always survive.
Pros
Free lunches, picnics and ice cream socials
Great
Staff Pharmacist - Department of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Excellent Hospital to work for and many individuals that work together in a I team atmosphere. I worked in the ICU and OR and learned a lot about critical care medicine!
Great Place
CT / X-RAY Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
Great place, they try to definitely create a well balanced atmosphere. Great care is given to both patients and staff. Employees are happy there. Great perks as well
Pros
great perks
Number #1 Hospital to work for in Texas
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXAugust 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to help people heal so they can start a new and fresh life! also to wonderful opportunity to meet new friends!
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Don't like conflict
Nice Place
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
NIce place to work.Houston Methodist is comprised of a nationally recognized academic medical center and seven community hospitals with a history of health care innovation. We have consistently been recognized by several national organizations as one of the nation’s best places to work.
Not enough Job opportunities for employees
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Current employees get looked over for better job opportunities. Career Development needs be a priority for this organization in order to keep employees.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
long hours, short staffed
Good place to work if you have a good supervisor/manager
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
I have worked in two departments at Houston Methodist, and the common problems that I've seen with both are culture and management, but I have learned a lot working here.
Benefits
Cons
management
Fast-Pace, Fun, Patient Friendly, Safe Place to Work
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Houston Methodist values its patients, visitors, families, and employees. It is a great place to work. It is a large hospital system with lots of advancement opportunities for staff. I enjoyed working for Houston Methodist.
Satisfactory
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Left couple of years ago but did work well and enjoyed my stay there.
learned EKG that accelerated my interest on taking care of critically ill patients.
Benefits
Just Methodist
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
get rid of the company in charge of transportation, food service and house keeping. The worse managers I have ever worked for. I wanted to quit my job many times because of them. It has left a bitter sweet taste that I wont forget.
Great Company
Patient Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
Definitely takes care of their patients and employee's.
Depending on the location parking can be a hassle, but overall I would recommend working here. Great family feel.
Excellent Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician, CRCST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
This was the door opener for me. I learned so much working with the a great group of people. Methodist was the icebreaker for my career. I went from externship to employee. Thanks!
good
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Center, TXAugust 9, 2017
one of the best companies to work for in the medical field if you are looking for a company that will help you achieve your best potential and move upwards and onwards.
A typical day at Houston Methodist
Cardiovascular Interventional Tech II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at Houston Methodist for me would be that no day is alike. Going to work with the mindset that you will be helping others in need is an awesome feeling. To fished your day at work and being involved in a team that helps many people with require medical attention. Truly defines you as human being. Heart of gold.
nurse patient ratio
MEDICAL ASSISTANT / PCA (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 3, 2017
Nurse patient ratio is the worse. not happy with nurses not using basic bedside skills. They need to listen to staff more and training nurses a little a better.
Pros
3 days shift
Patient affairs coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I'm currently a care coordinator that often involves single most important role involved in the care of any individual patient.
I supervise interdisciplinary care by bringing together the different specialists whose help the patient may need, I'm also responsible for monitoring and evaluating the care delivered to our patients
Pros
Work at my own pace; exciting;challenging
Cons
the commute is very challenging because I reside in Baytown
Great Place to Work
Clinical Dietitian, PRN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
My typical day started at 8 am and ended at 4:30. My hourly rate was less than I wanted but I was paid fairly. Benefits were exceptional including a 403b even for part time employees.

Management was transparent and appreciated/valued all employees.

Multiple themed lunches were offered throughout the year.

Fast paced, professional patient care is expected.

Culture is very good - employees could expect uniform treatment of one another based on Core Values of Methodist.

Hospital staff always trying to be better and improve patient services.
Pros
Professionalism, great culture and core values, rewarded for excellence
Cons
high expectations sometimes difficult to achieve
PCA11/Medical Assistant
PCA 11 / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
It's a great place to work and learn many skills that you can use to move forward in life . Methodist most people are friendly. Some of the management or not. I enjoy work for methodist I would like to return to work their.
Best job to date
Heart Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
Management okay. Culture of hospital is good. Pay could be more comparable to other hospitals on the street but benefits are awesome. Overall would recommend.
Pros
Excellent benefits and knowledgeable staff
Cons
No work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2