Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

good
Surgical/Trauma Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2015
Very good company. Treated their employees well. Working there was a pleasure I just want to see what other opportunities I have.
A place where a life was saved
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I typical day at work for me would be described as I would come in since I worked in the CVICU. I had to make sure all coolers on the unit were iced and at the patients bedside just in case of an emergency.While doing so I would answer the phones and transfer all calls to the correct personel.After maintianing the area and assiting the families I would check to make sure all materials were odered for the the unit.My co-workers would descibe me a a joy to work with.The hardest part of working in the unit is when we lost a child it was hard on everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the sucess of the children in need gettinfg what they needed.
Pros
Seeing a life saved, and watching them grow
Cons
Loosing a life and, the heartache it had on the families
Jobs duties
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Pick Patients to test sights or surgery also made sure that the stretchers got clean before and after patient got on it. Linen sheets were discarded to the linen shout and stretchers was put in the equipment room
One of the best places to work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2015
Rotated through all the technician positions on a weekly basses. Learned something new every day. Management encouraged their employee's to grow and improve their skills. It was a fun environment and got along with all my co-workers.
Pros
required to take breaks
Great place to work.
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I loved working there, just be careful with new management who isn't from outside the system. Watch out for those that will try to advance, they will toss you under the bus to move ahead. If you have ever seen Crabs in a bucket pull each other down to get on top. That's what it reminded me of.
Pros
Bonses, Perks
Cons
Cant trust your co workers
Fun place to work
Sterile Processing Tech II (Former Employee) –  Methodist in the Medical centerSeptember 8, 2015
Good Place to work is being focus on getting or trays reading for surgery for that day.I had great supv. coworker were like family .The most enjoyable was working as team.Fun place to Work
Typical Hospital Setting
Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2015
I did enjoy working for Methodist Hospital. I was able to work my scheduled shift and pick up extra hours when I needed to. There was never a dull moment
Very busy workplace with dedicated employees
Unit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Methodist Hospital overall is an excellent place to work, the most rewarding experience was going above and beyond my job description as a Unit Secretary. Helping patients and families one on one to have a comfortable, satisfying stay at the hospital under the circumstances of their visit made my working there all the more purposeful.
Productive and fun place to work
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 2, 2015
the staff are amazing! great place to work, great educational opportunities for advancement, benefits are good, atmosphere is team oriented
Productive and hard working
Trainee in Histology (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Houston Methodist Hospital has trained me in all area of Histology. All employees are very co-operative and team work has been done.
Not a happy place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Disgruntled workers and disorganized, unhelpful management. No employee cammaraderie. Felt like a number, not a valuable employee
Best place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
I loved working at this hospital, they worked well with you and it was such a good learning experience. They would teach you new things all the time that you didn't know.
Pretty Decent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at work was very relaxing but busy all at the same time, I learned alot just about the hospital and how it operates, management was not so good they were very unorganized and expected you to adjust because his section was low on people.
Friendly enviroment
EVS Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great environment to work in, friendly fast paced environment. The staff members are nice on all levels and will go out their way to support you.
Pros
lot's of great benefits for the employees.
Cons
not enough staff
Learning is Endless
Patient Access Specialist (PAS), Pearland ECC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
An Awesome place to work, great co-workers, strong teams, time of challenge are many and great for growth.
Meeting the patients was the GREATEST of this position.
Pros
Countless
Cons
not really any
Great stability
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Very stable. A lot of work but not too stressful. Executive management does listen and take employee concerns into consideration.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Pay
Great place to start nursing career and built experience. Great opportunity to move up the ladder. Great training and benefits. Excellent nursing care
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
Excellent three 12 hr shifts with opportunity for OT. I learned all my nursing skills here including advancement in nursing. Co-workers were excellent team players. The hardest part of my job was working in a high aquity floor with no breaks and practically crawling inside my doorway after arriving home. I was so tired on my off days I would spend it sleeping all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was fullfilling my patients needs.
Pros
Occasional free lunch & lots of free continuing education
Cons
short breaks, lack of recognition of all my hard work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 30, 2015
Receiving specimens and getting them to the correct departments, going down to the laboratory to collect specimens when needed, processing blood and urine specimens
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun everyone was friendly
Food and Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Typical day at work was busy thats for sure as its a hospital but everyone got along and we worked as a team. Hardest part was knowing all the diets for the paitients. Management was ok at times, sometimes disorganized,
Pros
Free lunch for employees
Cons
short breaks
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 28, 2015
The hospital provides quality care and help to all patients in need. I learned that hospitals depend on a service that is reliable and helpful. The management is helpful and provide examples to help guide you in the workplace.