Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Love the job and the experience.
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - State of Texas (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 12, 2017
Works as a hospitalist admitting patients and taking care of inpatients. Patients come to the emergency room with emergencies like asthma exacerbation, COPD exacerbation, chest pain, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, hospice care placement and many more.
love the job
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 11, 2017
this is a 16 bed hospital that has 100 doctors on staff with a est. 200-300 babies per month. I love my job being able to bring happiness to a family is a great joy
Pros
being part of a team to provide a happy safe delivery
Cons
long hours sometimes but well worth it
Workplace
Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
A typical work day can consist of hard work and communicating with several individuals internal and external customers. Expect to be challenged on the job.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Heavy Work Load
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative, PRN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Methodist is a nice place to work especially around all different types of cultures. I enjoy working for Houston Methodist. No other comments...........
fast pace workplace and team players
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2017
obtain vital sign, assist Rn with dressing changes, collect urine and stool, start IV, blood draws, q2 turns, assist patients with daily living,chart I&O.
Pros
manager always showed appreciation.
Cons
short of help
Med/Surge Unit was Exceptional!
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working here! The unit projected a feeling of unity and the staff was very supportive and helpful. Our management was extremely helpful and supportive also! I felt a sense of belonging while working here and truly enjoyed this experience!
Pros
Co-workers and Managment
Cons
Driving distance
Busy occupational office
Per diem Nurse Practitioner Occupational Health (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 5, 2017
In this company, I was one of 3 nurse practitioners that worked independently to see any accidents or injuries that occurred during the work day. We also did history and physicals on the police and fire departments for the city of Arcadia. They were scheduled as part of our day. We also did complete physicals on new hires. These were a bit more detailed than the usual physical for new hires. The physicals for both groups usually took about 1 hour to complete. The hardest part of the job is that there were no breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the complex history and physicals for the fire and police department.
Pros
The 3 nurse practitioners that worked there are good friends and we got along really well.
Cons
No breaks, except lunch.
Housekeeping Job
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
EasyJob Fare Pay but working with arm-ark management made it very hard to for Methodist ,lack of communication, favoritism, stressful at times when working overnight
Pros
Free Parking, Working for Methodist
Cons
working with aramark employee
Fast-paced
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work was very fast-paced and required a lot of (on your feet) work. The staff is friendly to work with excluding the ER nurses. Many were not respectful. Otherwise, a fun place to work with a good atmosphere.
Cons
short breaks
Beyond Amazing
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
great place to work. Nice, clean facility. friendly staff and decent pay. Great location. No complaints about this management team at all. Everyone is welcoming.
Methodist
Patient Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
It was great working at Methodist.
Location: 77030
I was able to learn more about coding and dropping claims.
Always busy
Multi-tasking
Insurance verification was great!
Great
Telemetry Monitoring Tech/Cardiology Tech II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2017
Great place to work if your looking for a stable and pleasant environment. Recognition is given to those who go above and beyond their job duties. All around great place to work.
Great Organization to work for
Throughput Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2017
Great Organization to work for, people and staff are great. They are flexible with your time. They provide educational support and job advancements, over all great.
The WORST nursing job on Earth!
RN II (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXMarch 29, 2017
I worked for Houston Methodist Hospital from 1999-2001. I quit because it was a horrible job. I was working for CHRISTUS St. John Hospital in Nassau Bay, Texas when we were purchased by Houston Methodist Hospital. I decided to keep an open mind and try again. I have been an RN 27 years and have worked several jobs. NONE of the jobs are as horrible as working for Houston Methodist. They place value on everyone and everything besides their nurses. They have questionable business practices. They promote their ICARE Values, but those ethics are only for employees and not for management. Run away from this job!
Pros
Fair wages, decent (not great) benefits
nice place to work
CLINICAL NUTRITION ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
worked in a very nice environment. I left for a better opportunities but the company closed after a year of service. it was a private own. mealtime magic. service meal to private and charter school. in the Pasadena, Texas area
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
Fun place to work
RN/Clinical Supervisor/Preceptor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2017
It is a fun place to work. It is not Houston Methodist but Methodist Hospital in Dallas Texas. I don't work there any more but it was my first job as RN that I gained much experience from.
Pros
Pay was good and team player
med surg nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2017
very busy and demanding floor. what med surg floor isnt though? 6 patients that are usually bed bound. not a place i would stay for years and years due to the physical demands.
fun work enviroment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
great hospital environment, you would love to be part of this amazing organization, this is a hospital where everyone is treated with respect, values and as a family.
Ekg tech
EKG TECHNICIAN I PRN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Methodist although there was a lot of fighting within the unit itself. Management often did not address issues that were going on. Over all it was a pleasant work environment and its a great hospital to work at.
I love Methodist Hospital
Program Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
The work culture at Methodist is great. I learned and practiced so much compassion and caring.. it is part of the Methodist values.
I found it difficult to move up in my department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2