Houston Northwest Medical Center

Houston Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive and fast-paced
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast-paced and stressful. Midnight shift is required. I learned management skills from my leader, medical terminology, and patient interaction.
Pros
clinical exposure
Cons
low wage
Trauma ED
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
Overall the ED is a great place to work if you like trauma. The staff turnover has decreased. People seem genuinely happy to work there. They also have increased nursing education.
Pros
Staffing is good.
Cons
The distance is getting to be a bit long.
Changing Culture
Payroll Acct Rep III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
With the HCA purchase the culture of the facility is in flux.

I would review the employee manual carefully before accepting a job.

every department is very different.
Fast pace, in depth great place to work
Financial Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Houston Northwest is a great place to work. The salary is competive with other hospitals in town. The work load can be a lot and stressful however managable. The employees are amazing. Management and adminstration team can be worked on to be more professional and listen to their employees.
A great place to work
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  710 Cypress Creek Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Houston Northwest Medical Center is a wonderful place to work and there is room for advancement. I have met some wonderful people that have been extremely helpful. I have learned many different job skills since working at the hospital with the help of my manager that will hopefully help me with advacement. If it had not been for my manager I would have never been able to learn the skills that I have since being at Houston Northwest Medical Center. I have been in the medical field for over 20 years and this is the 1st time that I have actually worked in a Hospital environment and would like to continue but I am ready for a change from Collections.
Productive place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
A great work place. The staff are team players, This place have great customer services. I enjoyed the hours that they gave me. Great benefits such as insurance.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Manager is great! Enjoyed working here with amazing team. Overtime was never an issue. Continuing education is encouraged and compensation options are available.
Pros
great team
Cons
n/a
busy
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
Emergency dept very busy. Nice people during the best they can. It was a privilege to be there. waiting room time was kept under 20 minutes most days.
Management was excellent and supportive.
Chaplain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
a typical day at Houston Northwest Medical Center is visiting with patients and family members in the out-patient and surgical units in the early mornings, unit nursing staff meetings, visiting staff areas, visiting the ICU's, being involved in ethical consults as it relates to end of life issues, covering the Emergency Room during crisis intervention, and being on-call daily. I enjoy working with clients, families, and staff. Each day is filled with unlimited possibilities in peoples lives. I'm a people person.
Pros
Interacting with staff, patients, and family members
Cons
overloaded with multiply responsibilities.
Cut throat environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Staff that had been there for 20 yrs had a clique. They were hostile towards newer staff, consistently. They would complain if short staffed, but in same breath, be hostile towards new nurses, which made newer staff want to leave. That behavior really didnt fix they're staffing issues.
no comment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
no comment unprofessional staff lack of training racist nurses and mgmnt poor quality of work untrained techs...very dangerous place to work psych staff is inexperienced.
My Houston Northwest Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I love being an employee of Houston Northwest Medical Center. This hospital experience has allowed me to catapult into different aspects of nursing that I haven't ever envisioned before. I have an excellent manager, who does not mind stepping off of her throne as in her manager role and dealing with her employees on an individually civilian based manner. I would highly recommend this facility to others.
Pros
great nurse manager, excellent co-workers
Cons
unable to balance work life and home life due to shift hours
Need better management
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
They need to know how to treat their employees. Great place to work if you like the unexpected. Weird schedule. Lack in sanitation and supplies. Lack of respect as well.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks, busy
N/a
Registered Nurse - Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
ICU Stepdown/Telemetry unit specializing in Post Op care for Cardiac, GI (including Bariatric), Neuro, and Renal surgeries. Required specialized skills to perform complex assessment, critical thinking, and appropriate prompt interventions; IV medication titration; and continuous nursing vigilance.
ok
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
o Routine x-ray
o Operate audiogram, cardiogram, and spirometer equipment
o Assist doctors in suturing, apply dressing, fill up prescription, apply vaccination, injection, and blood draw
Productive and fun place to work, with a gym for employees.
Monitor Tech/Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Houston NW Medical Center.
This was a Great Hosptial to work. they were fair in their Businees Practices.
I would and have recommend them to friends.
Pros
Excellenyt Pay and Benefits.
Cons
They could have improved the parking for employees and discount on meals.
Fast pace office
HIM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I enjoy my job here. The director is flexible with hours and days. There is a lot of vacation days.We get free parking. There is a subway on campus. the medical benefits are good.
Pros
close to home, free parking, great vacation time
Cons
HIM Department is not supported, Continuing Education is paid for by the employee
Selling to Tenet ruined this hospital.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
Prior to selling to Tenet, this was an amazing place to work. They cared about staff and promoted from within. After selling to Tenet most of the old management were gone and the new management team was strictly money driven. The staff was expendable, always and the caring stopped. It was sad to watch happen.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Management is the worst
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Decent place to work, being bought out so beware of accepting any position until all of the dust settles. Buyouts mean big changes that aren't always best for the employees.
great teamwork, no advancement opportunities
Registered Nurse- Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2017
The coworkers are great team players. Job is quick paces and exciting. Horrible pay raises and support of staff. Great nurse manager. Loved the opportunity.
Pros
great teamwork, great nurse manager
Cons
horrible raises, horrible nurse support with patient complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Northwest Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Houston Northwest Medical Center Reviews by Location