Houston Press is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to aid the Marketing Director with event planning and promotions. Candidates should be active users of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, etc) and have experience or interest in event planning and event marketing. Candidates should be self-motivated go-getters with a flexible schedule to be able to plan and attend up to 7 events per month. This role will also be responsible for managing the Houston Press promotional Street Team. The Marketing Coordinator should be passionate, learn quickly, and have a clear understanding of marketing.
- Update and manage social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and other relevant networking sites.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks and work with the Marketing team to ensure proper messaging is being executed online.
- Utilize the social media sites to drive traffic to HoustonPress.com.
- Increase page views, users and followers on all networking sites.
- Create and manage online contests and giveaways on HoustonPress.com and all social media sites.
- Populate the Houston Press online events page with local event listings
- Coordinate and manage the Houston Press promotional Street Team.
- Manage inventory of Houston Press promotional items
- Assist the Marketing Director in planning, promoting and executing events.
- Increase awareness and create opportunities to expand our email and SMS subscriber list through social media platforms and Street Team event activation.
- Import emails, cell phone numbers and pictures into our database.
- Manage advertising accounts by creating and executing print and online advertising campaigns.
- Must have active accounts across all social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram and Twitter.
- Excellent written communication skills and a flair for using social networking and online jargon.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to expand skills and be the best.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities and maximize resources
- Prior experience in marketing, communications, or advertising preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This full-time position (40+ hours/wk) Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm. Some weekend/evening work may be required for special projects and events. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume.