Houston Texas Consulting Employee Reviews

Great Professional Growth
Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2013
Working at houston texas consulting has truly allowed me to grow in my career. The projects are strategic in nature and provide me the ability to serve as a trusted adviser for our client. Unique opportunity I didn't find at other consulting firms I've worked with in the past. i continue to have great opportunities to dive into challenging projects which helps me maintain the strong skills clients demand and also keeps me competitive in todays workforce.
Pros
the fun culture, relaxed, great events, career growth opportunities for those that want to work hard. competitive pto and pay, loyalty, great people.
Cons
since i mostly work virtually i sometimes miss typical office environment.
Houston Texas Consulting Entry Level
Houston Texas Consulting Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 31, 2013
Great location, plenty of parking, competitive salary, good benefits. Everyone is trying to help each other grow. Good camaraderie, relaxed atmosphere, teamwork among coworkers & management. Good communication.
Pros
company sponsored sports team. softball, basketball, flag football, soccer.... get to play with co-workers
Cons
good company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 25, 2012
Houston Texas Consulting is a great environment for work. Fun atmosphere, focused training, and a lot of potential to earn income. They market for nationwide companies that want there products and services to be used by businesses.
Pros
work hard, play hard. competitive compensation with benefits
Cons
houston texas consulting in my opinion had no cons.
figment of a great dream
Account rep (Current Employee) –  HoustonApril 13, 2013
This job is not what is not what is it made out to be. You are expected to just go with the flow and be prepared for anything as if you are going to war. High turnover rating. They send you door to door trying to sell comcast or quill. There lie to you about compensation you easily go 3 weeks without a paycheck and they expect you to drive your car to all apts. It is strictly commision.
Pros
learn if you can do sales.
Cons
poor management.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2013
Houston Texas Consulting was a wonderful company to work for. I had great managers and great people to work with who were always working hard to help people live better lives. We had great recourses and tools in the field and had to autonomy to use what we thought would work in our territory.

I like that my coworkers make a great team and it feels like a family as we work together. I appreciate the open mind to criticism and eagerness to succeed. I like the great environment - friendly, collegial, supportive, and free. Everyone is there because they WANT to be, and they are universally friendly and helpful. It is very diverse and an excellent place to work.

Opportunity to work autonomously without anyone micromanaging or "looking over your shoulder." Everyone in the office pulls their weight - there's no worry about having to make up for slackers' lack of work ethic.
Pros
excellent benefits package, and promote a balance of work and life, they are local which made the work commute very desirable, the teams i worked with were positive, cohesive and pro-active.
Cons
my suggestion would be to empower the employees to see a vision for process improvements, make a business plan, present it, then implement, with very little management over site. this is a great company to work for, be positive and look toward the future.
Great Training and Coaching
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 15, 2014
The relationships and partnership happening during my time with the company were awesome. If I ever had a question there were 10 people that could provide me with an answer. The responsibilities I had within the company were extremely new to me and since I didn't have the corporate experience before I was hired, the company was patient while I made some mistakes, however, my leadership and managing skills have grown drastically since my training.
Pros
work hard play hard is always fun. also going to houston sporting events is awesome with the bosses.
Cons
not many cons, there are opportunities to learn and grow. it is really what you make of it, but they give you all the training and tools for success.
U of H Business Student
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 28, 2014
After tearing my quad during my sophomore year of collegiate softball I began focusing on my marketing career and began the interview process for a summer internship. With zero job experience I was worried that finding an internship with a company that could offer me experience and room for advancement would be difficult. I interviewed with many companies, majority of which offered positions that involved standing in retail stores, selling products residentially, and over the phone cold-calls, all of which were techniques that I was not interested in. However, after interviewing with Houston Texas Consulting, I knew that this was the company that I wanted to gain real life experience from.

As I went through the interview process I learned that I would have the ability to be cross-trained by one of the top account managers, learning different sales and marketing methods along with the ability to meet and consult with corporate businesses in the Houston area. Not only did I receive great compensation during my internship but I was also able to build strong relationships with fellow employees and the management team along with learning about the administrative side of the business.

At the end of the summer I was offered a position as a marketing administrator, and with the management’s willingness to work with both my school schedule and sorority schedule, being an employee at HTC has been a great introduction into the marketing and advertising industry. Since my employment at Houston Texas Consulting I have had the opportunity to travel with the company across Texas and Louisiana
  more... to attend work functions.

The experience and development that I have received during my employment at HTC has allowed me to love what I do while being a part of a successful and growing company.
Pros
please keep up the strong communication with employees, and when does intramural softball begin??
Cons
i am not able to work full time due to school schedule.
In training @ Houston Texas Consulting!!!
Training (Current Employee) –  HoustonMarch 27, 2013
I just started working at Houston Texas Consulting in the Marketing|Social Media division.

The level of professionalism at Houston Texas Consulting is far beyond what I was accustomed to. The vast majority of workers are incredibly diligent about their daily tasks and despite the freedoms and flexibility offered by the company are able to maintain professionalism.

I also really enjoy working with customers and building a relationship with customers. I am very outgoing and personable and i really care about the satisfaction and the return on investment that my customers receive.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
not sure
Great Opportunity but you must Learn QUICK!
Promotional Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2013
HTC is a good place for Entry Level Sales and Potential Growth. But make no mistake , you better SELL. The base Pay is strongly incentivized for you to go FULL COMISSION. It's almost like an insult if you don't. This position is for people who are very fast learners and who sell on impulse quickly. Don't be surprised that if you underperform in a unwritten set time limit you will be given make or break goal to keep employment.
Pros
unparalled mobility upward (if you perfrm exceptionally)
Cons
sink or swim performance, not much in an intermediate transition.
Review: Houston Texas Consulting
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 8, 2012
I am so thankful that I accepted a position right out of school. I've been here for 3 years and recently stepped into a coordinator role. As a female, I feel empowered to achieve success in a field that traditionally has been dominated by men. Likewise, I have so much excitement about my future, and what this company will continue to provide. I haven't encountered an opportunity that will provide the same opportunity for personal, professional and financial reward.
Pros
great work atmosphere, fast pace
Houston Texas Consulting Review
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 27, 2013
I absolutely adore the owners. They are great people with big hearts. Even the people running the company are great people. I loved participating in all the local volunteer work!
Pros
i loved the people and the atmosphere. when i started it was a great place to work, very creative, fun, exciting, inspiring, and nurturing.
Cons
was not used to 9-5 since recent college grad
Marketing (Current Employee) –  HoustonMay 22, 2013
by creating a great work environment for yourself and those around you will flock to work for the company.

Great place to learn, grow, and gain experience.

Houston Texas Consulting is an outstanding company to work for.
Pros
company vision, coworkers, and creative direction
Cons
there was nothing that i did not like about houston texas consulting advertising and marketing firm
RunAway
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  houston,txDecember 5, 2013
The pay is 100% commission they dont tell you this at first
required to attend daily prep meetings
Nice people to work with but overall pyramid scam for naive recent college grads
Pros
people
Cons
no money nor health care contract 1099
Good entry level position
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
This was my first full time job after college. This is a good place to start, it is a fast paced high energy environment.
good atmosphere
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2012
long days, takes about a month to get your first pay check
great and friendly people