Hoveround Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work and really loyal company to employees.
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2015
I loved all 4 years of my job at Hoveround. thhere is no better feeling then to put a smile on a clients face by delivering or servicing their personal mobility products.
Pros
own schedule and no micromanage.
Stable company, nice co-workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 30, 2015
Normal office hours, half hour lunch and two 15 minutes break.
I crossed trained and learned/substituted my manager and both co-workers.
Intensive multi-tasking that provided me with lots of experience.
I enjoyed my work tremendously and learning new things. I loved banking.
Pros
Nice events
Cons
austere place to work
Hoveround is a good company to work for customers are pleased with the product and service they maintained.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Work Environment was friendly and very good in promoting a team association. I can type 55 WPM and computer knowledgable.
Pros
Standard requirements regarding two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Annual raises are sometimes not given.
Hard work with great co-workers
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 25, 2015
As an Insurance Processor the work required was difficult. Multitasking was a must and there where days that ended with a high in-pile than the out-pile. Getting through those days was easing with the help of the wonderful co-workers a great manager that I had while working there.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers
Cons
stringent dresscode
Good work environment
Rehab technology Supplier (Current Employee) –  FLMay 18, 2015
Great place to be a field rep. Freedom to do you work as needed and to run your daily schedule as needed. The scheduling dept. does a good job scheduling clients.
Pros
freedom to run you own day
Cons
inventory issues
productive work place with a very reasonable pay rate and great advancement opportunity
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Essington, PAMarch 25, 2015
A great company with a bright future that's main objective is to make people lifestyle much more easier with providing potential clients with the ablity to enjoy there life
Pros
good pay rate, good career advancement
Cons
heavy lifting alot of driving
Great group of people to work with and flexible hours, if needed.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 24, 2015
I loved working at Hoveround Corporation and had been there for the past 11 years. A typical day was a challenge every day, and very productive. I learned that I have multiple talents as I have worked in several departments, where needed, getting promotions, and starting up new departments. Great co-workers, hardest part of the job was leaving, on time. The most enjoyable part of the day, was when the customers had a good experience, doing business with us.
Pros
a challenge every day.
Cons
worked there for close to three years
Logistics and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was busy which I enjoyed because it makes the time fly by faster. I learned much about power wheel chairs and lifts for power wheel chairs on their vehicles. Management was ok, but really not up to par. He'd joke and play around with team leads more than assist employees, and he never helped when it came to reaching out to him to help you with a client's concerns, or misconduct of other employees. His joking with team leads/supervisors caused a very noisy work environment to where clients on my calls would ask me to tell the people around me to take their breaks some wheres else so that he/she could concentrate. Co-workers were awesome with team work, helping each other out, but at times when they'd have a frustrating call that after they disconnected from the call they'd express themselves loudly about that call, with using the four letter F word. Not being considerate of us others on the phones where clients could overhear him/her. A few calls the client thought it was ME that said that word and I had to explain with apologies that it wasn't me. Hardest part of the job was the rules of clients needing to repair their own chairs instead of sending a technician out to install parts. Most people of their ages and of their condition are unable to install their own parts and have nobody to assist them. My team lead would tell me to tell the client to ask strangers into their homes to install parts. Which in turn I feel is not a good idea in today's society of crime. In the evening when help line people and management were gone for the day. The night supervisor/team  more... lead most the time was unavailable, either on long breaks away from the CSR area, and/or on personal phone calls which seemed more important to him than helping the customers in need. We'd have to put the client on hold until the team lead was available. Which in turn caused long hold times. Team lead's attitude was "I don't care, just get them off the phone" or "pay no attention what the client tells you, they'll tell you anything to get what they want" whenever turning to him for assistance. His attitude ruined it for the workers under him that really truly cared about the clients. A supervisor's poor attitude reflects on employees under him. Yes, it was turned into management but nothing done about it. He expressed many of nights how much he hated his job, and his performance proved it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the clients, and helping people in need when I was able to. I loved my job, HR was fantastic in helping me out with FML times, and if only the company had Professional Team Leads/Supervisors and even management it would be the perfect job. When you don't control the misconduct of Management, team leads/supervisors then it makes for unpleasant work environment. I truly feel that Tom Kruse had great idea and expectations when he opened this business. I feel he really cares about people. But he needs to open his eyes on the poor quality service his clients are getting. I did my best to hang on and keep caring for the clients. In turn the team lead's poor attitude cost me my job.  less
Pros
the feeling of helping people in need
Cons
i believe lunch is too short to unwind
Manufactore & distubtor
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 19, 2014
workeded from 2005 until I retired Nov 2013..Company manufacture power chairs & sales/distributes/repairs them
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
A great place to work with a sense of really helping people.
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 8, 2014
At the front desk I answered phones, greeted visitors, handed out visitor passes,assisted job seekers with applications, entered applicant information into Applicant Tracker, answered questions about jobs and wheelchairs. I learned to be a sensitive listener when clients needed assistance and were seeking easing of their physical problems. Coworkers were usually very helpful and management was responsive. I really enjoyed helping people through all the steps necessary to achieve their goals.
Pros
excellent work-life balance.
Cons
i needed to speak spanish often times.
they said they were closing the 24 hour call center...they did!
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 1, 2014
i enjoyed working with my various co workers and left before the center was closed. good company to work for at the time. call centers are all over the place, and this center was no exception.
Good pay but little chance at advancement
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 15, 2014
Good pay but little chance at advancement. Proven company and proven product. Great co-workers
ineffective management, lack of interest in improving inefficient methods
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 13, 2014
this company lacks structure, organization, and the desire to improve its condition. nothing is documented, there is no system of checks and balances for anything, the same mistakes are made repeatedly, nobody takes responsibility for anything, and management is not interested in hearing about the problems or trying anything new to improve the situation or decrease the company's financial loss. . acknowledging the problems would mean the existing management would have to admit its inability to adequately manage the company has caused the situation to escalate to it's present overwhelming condition.
benefits
Cons
going around in circles trying to accomplish anything because nobody has any answers
Great company with great ethical integrity
Rehab Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2014
Typical work day: deliver power wheel chairs to clients and instruct how to safely operate chair, repair chairs as needed, evaluate clients to determine the right power chair for them, call clients to schedule next day activities and driving route.
What I learned: How to work on all aspects of the power chair and how to drive chair and instruct others.
Management: I had a great boss and management is proactive in helping with potential issues.
Co-workers: I gained many friends as a result of working with various co-workers.
Hardest part of job: Working with clients that are rude and clients that try to cheat Medicare and Medicaid.
Enjoyable part of job: Seeing clients that desperately need a power chair light up and are so appreciative of the power chair and quality of the delivery, instructions and support they received. I met some really great people with big hearts.
Pros
bonus potential and flexability to schedule your own day of work
Cons
some clients are rude and are cheating medicare
It is an interesting place.
Insurance Processor I (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2014
I have to say that I have learned a lot. My job is interesting and nothing like what I have done before but it keeps me on my toes.
Very large company with not much job security- depending on the department you work for
HR Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 30, 2013
The department that I worked in was human resources and the management was very nice. They assisted me with understanding the job I was to perform and made sure that I had work to do. Many times though, it was very unproductive and could get a little boring or monotonous. Some of the employees were not as professional as they needed to be. The most enjoyable part was knowing the department that I worked in had a measure of professionalism; they were very helpful and gave good direction. The owner of the company actually wanted to meet me and was very kind.
Pros
hr department is very professional and helpful
Cons
because the company is large, you can feel lost; can't keep good empolyees
Good Company
Mobility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 22, 2013
Busy days,hard working co-workers, great training.
Learned to use new computer and phone systems.
Hardest part of job being able to help everyone.
Productive and fun place to work
Case Management Liaison (Current Employee) –  SarasotaJuly 14, 2013
I work in a fast-paced call center. We make and receive calls throughout the day to clients and Dr offices. I've learned the process on how to obtain a power wheel chair using either Insurance or cash sale. The management team are great examples of how to be team players and how to work under pressure. My co-workers are friendly and focused on reaching daily goals. The hardest part of the job is having to turn away a client who seems to be in need, but doesn't qualify under their insurance guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist a person in regaining their mobility.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
one 15 minute break, no coffee at work station
Ok facility to work in
Billing & Claims Resolution (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2013
It's a nice office position up in A/R, but the opportunity for advancement is lacking. Otherwise, a fine place to work if your dream job is sticking in an entry-level position.
Productive and motiviating work environment.
Clinical Rehab Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 19, 2013
Productive and motiviating work environment. I was given the opportunity for advancement based on my work history. I was quite rewarded and fulfilled with each position I achieved within the company.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
extensive travel