Hoveround Corporation Employee Reviews

Hoveround scripts
Sales Representative Scripts Department (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 7, 2017
Obtaining medical records to get people approved for power wheel chair. I learned how to obtain a certificate of medical necessity. Fast pace. The job was not difficult. Obtaining approval for the person durable medical equipment.
OK to work here but not much room for advancement
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2017
Great benefits and perks, OK pay and good training but expect to work mandatory OT. Also working remotely can be hard as you don't have much praise or social interaction with co-workers.
very good place to work
Rehab Tech Supplier (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wiAugust 24, 2017
very good place to work would reccomend hoveround to anyone the people were great the company cares about employees pay and vacation were great nice place
Good Company to work for.
script Processor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Hoveround for 5 years. aquired some medical documentation knowledge and employees I work with were helpful and friendly.Alot of company perks, ie free turkeys at Thanksgiving time. annual Chrsitmas party. Summer party at a splash location. Customer service rep appreciation week every year.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation time, advancement
Cons
none to think of
good pay, good benefits, satisfying work. management/job inconsistent
Senior Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 2, 2017
every other week, job would change from front line phone calls, to back end insurance collections. patient accounts, insurance verification. NO job consistency. But greatly enjoyed helping those who needed these machines

Manager changed 4 times in 2 years. half of employees laid off at one point.

great pay, benefits.
Pros
pay good for area
Cons
HR/management disclosed personal info
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2017
In all my years of employment this employer was one of the worst. The management is awful, cut throat. Half hour lunch , two 15 minute in the day are like nothing compared to the workload you are given. You are timed for going to the bathroom and watched all day. You never know when you'll be let go! The door opens and closes constantly with new employees, no one stays. Terrible working conditions. Do Not Work Here!!!!!!
Good working environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for company, job culture was very good management was ok. company support was outstanding, very limited overtime. overall agreat working environment salaries were higher than industry standards.
Pros
great salary variety of flexibility.
Cons
periodic lay offs
Field Personel Summary
Rehabilitative Technology Supplier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2017
Working in the field required you to manage 90% of your job. Regional Manager and Corporate only involved if there were issues and or problems at your site. Upper management not responsive to field needs. Pay was above average, bene package excellent.
Company struggling to stay in business
Insurance Processor & Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 18, 2017
Toward the end of my experience working at Hoveround, I was overworked and given impossible tasks to complete due to down sizing of the company. I was briefly trained in a new position which required more experience that i was expected to do in an impossible time frame with out going into overtime. But was expected to work overtime on the weekends to catch up on all the overwhelming work that my assistant manager and I could not complete during the week. Also when I requested help I received unwanted responses like I was wasting the supervisor's time.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 29, 2017
I entered his position as a coordinator making outgoing calls in 30 days I managed to get up to outgoing and incoming calls. After three months I was promoted into intake six months into being at hover round I was moved over to a special medical department
Pros
I learned various medical terms
Cons
Management were not always on the same page
The best job I ever had.
Rehab Technology Supplier (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 29, 2016
Every day I went to different places and saw different people. I learned a lot about Medicare and how they work. I found a new love of Field service work. My management was great! Never had any problems with any of them. I had no co-workers directly, but I did communicate with fellow RTS's , scheduling, HQ, Manager and Tech support often. All were fantastic. Hardest part of the job was getting laid off due to downsizing. I loved my job. Everything about it was enjoyable.
Really nice place to work
Medicare Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAJune 7, 2016
Personnel and management are well educated people, really nice place to work at.
If you are looking for a stable company, this is the place to be at.
Fun co-workers, very specialized knowledge required
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Monitoring and responding to incoming service and support calls for nationwide service network. Knowledge of changes in federal statutes, medicare requirements, medical necessity.
A Fun job with rewards
RTS (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 22, 2015
AS RTS it was very easy work. The team of RTS were fantastic to work with each other. We consider each of us as a family. Benefits are not the best. They are very expensive. There is no job security or advancement from the field. Management really need to be cleaned up. Very hard to get a hold of management when problems do arise. The training needs work. Compensation is good if you negotiate your salary.

The hardest part of the job was working with clients. You need to have excellent customer service skills and technical ability.

I enjoyed my job to fullest. I enjoyed all my clients and co -workers.
Pros
feels like you have your own business
Cons
management, no job security, expensive healthcare
Great place to work and really loyal company to employees.
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2015
I loved all 4 years of my job at Hoveround. thhere is no better feeling then to put a smile on a clients face by delivering or servicing their personal mobility products.
Pros
own schedule and no micromanage.
Stable company, nice co-workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 30, 2015
Normal office hours, half hour lunch and two 15 minutes break.
I crossed trained and learned/substituted my manager and both co-workers.
Intensive multi-tasking that provided me with lots of experience.
I enjoyed my work tremendously and learning new things. I loved banking.
Pros
Nice events
Cons
austere place to work
Hoveround is a good company to work for customers are pleased with the product and service they maintained.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Work Environment was friendly and very good in promoting a team association. I can type 55 WPM and computer knowledgable.
Pros
Standard requirements regarding two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Annual raises are sometimes not given.
Hard work with great co-workers
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 25, 2015
As an Insurance Processor the work required was difficult. Multitasking was a must and there where days that ended with a high in-pile than the out-pile. Getting through those days was easing with the help of the wonderful co-workers a great manager that I had while working there.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers
Cons
stringent dresscode
Good work environment
Rehab technology Supplier (Current Employee) –  FLMay 18, 2015
Great place to be a field rep. Freedom to do you work as needed and to run your daily schedule as needed. The scheduling dept. does a good job scheduling clients.
Pros
freedom to run you own day
Cons
inventory issues
productive work place with a very reasonable pay rate and great advancement opportunity
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Essington, PAMarch 25, 2015
A great company with a bright future that's main objective is to make people lifestyle much more easier with providing potential clients with the ablity to enjoy there life
Pros
good pay rate, good career advancement
Cons
heavy lifting alot of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoveround Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.