You may have just found a great career move.
Howard has immediate openings for experienced CPAs wishing to pursue a challenging and rewarding career in providing valued tax services to entities across multiple industries. We offer a generous benefits package, a rewarding firm culture and unmatched mentorship. This is an opportunity to gain invaluable skills and knowledge to grow as a tax professional.
- Business tax planning
- Individual tax planning
- Estate tax planning
- Franchise tax planning
- Tax compliance
- Representation before IRS
- Industries including: Manufacturing, Retail & Wholesale, Real Estate & Construction, Professional Services, Oil & Gas, Restaurants, Medical Services, and Not-for-Profits
- Must have 4-5 years of experience
- Recent CPA firm experience
- CPA license required
- Resume must reflect maturity and stability
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in accounting field is preferred
- Ability to manage many tasks, prioritize tasks, and deal with ambiguities
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, leadership abilities, and problem solving
Benefits: At Howard, we’re proud to offer our employees a full benefits package.
- Participation in the firm’s discretionary bonus program
- Referral bonus program
- On-site gym and access to in-house personal trainers
- 401(k) plan after six consecutive months of full-time employment (100% matching of employee’s deferrals up to 6%, with immediate vesting)
- CPA exam preparation assistance
- 60 hours of paid continuing professional education each year
- Reimbursement of professional dues and licenses
- Medical, dental and vision plans available
- Health Savings Account available
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Participation in firm’s Section 125 cafeteria plan
- Flexible work schedules
- 16 days of paid time off, which increases based upon service
- Commonly observed holidays (including two days at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s)
- Business casual dress code
- Free parking
When people come on board at Howard, they typically want to stay here for the long haul. It’s not difficult to see why. Our firm values mutual personal and professional respect. Not surprisingly, that tends to attract people who value those same attributes. Which is why, across the board, our people are known for honesty, candor and collaboration, with a zero-tolerance policy toward egotism and corporate-type gamesmanship.
At Howard, there are no micromanagers looking over your shoulder. You have the autonomy to do your job right and well, and you’re empowered to make your own decisions. Our organizational structure is rather flat, which translates to approachability; you can pretty much talk to just about anyone at any time.
If this sounds like you, we really should talk.
A telling fact about our tax team: New Howard clients are often referred to us by existing clients. We sit down with them and discuss their goals and ambitions and review different ways to organize their business to help them save for retirement, to plan for settlement of their estate or any other issues that arise.
About Howard, LLP:
Howard is a Dallas-based accounting firm that has provided valued financial consulting, audit, assurance and tax services to individuals and businesses across multiple industries for over 30 years. The Howard team takes pride in helping both domestic and international clients achieve financial goals and peace of mind by resolving their toughest, most complex financial issues. Howard professionals are more than just CPAs; they’re insightful problem solvers and trusted advisors. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.howard-cpas.com.