Howard Community College Employee Reviews

Great People
Network Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Lack of benefits really plyed a role in my review. If I had been hired on a permanent basis, my review would reflect more favorably but it was only an internship as I went to school.
Pros
culture
Cons
lack of benefits
Organize Environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2017
Busy as as a Floor Tech./House keeper and the most important part is to make sure your work is complete at the end of the Shift.
Working for HCC it is different culture.
Pros
Tution School/
Cons
Healthcare
Great place to work!
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 13, 2017
I was adjunct faculty and absolutely loved the experience. The students were great and I remember the Department Chair being extremely supportive. I would definitely recommend this as a place to work.
Good
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 13, 2017
Good - wish to not answer. Depends on dept in which you work. Overall howard is a good place to work. As with any job it has its perks and drawbacks. Opportunities for advancement exist.
Fun
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Communication was very well handled. Every effort was made to ensure classes were advertised properly and teachers had every chance to teach.
Amazing Place to work!
Multimedia Producer & Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 26, 2017
Studying and Working in Howard Community College is the best place learn and implement your skills and become good at we do! Students who work and study here are lucky to have one of the best faculty and facilities which no other college provides around the area!
very convenient
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 12, 2017
It was a good environment and fun to work there. The staff was excellent and very friendly like family. the hours were very convenient for me to work and attend classes.
Workplace Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 28, 2017
Everyone is committed to the success of our students and it shows in the quality of work we provide. Excellent faculty, superb staff. Most supervisors support their staff. Some truly need to be trained in the difference between leadership and management.
Pros
Great compensation
Work for a workstudy
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. It was standards giving and expected but lay back and friendly. Also, it motivated you because you're around people that can help you within improving yourself.
Increased productivity and staff relations
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 12, 2017
My typical day includes training and reviewing of policies and procedures. I learned that the culture of the work environment required an understanding of the mission and vision in order to enhance productivity and buy-in of the staff. The enjoyable part was witnessing increased efficiency and communication between management and staff.
Very good nice staff very nice environment
Class Assistant and Cyber Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 2, 2017
I had a very good experience at Howard Community college
every professor i had was a very good professoer they realy help you get through the courses they make sure we are secssue full in the class we take.
Busy and stressful
PT Accounts Receivable Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 27, 2017
Working in the cashiers office is very busy. All monetary transactions for the college go through the cashiers office so we are expected to know more than we should about the workings of the budget. The people and the benefits are what make the job.
Pros
great people
Cons
high stress
Supportive and progressive place to work
Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 2, 2017
I had great peers and my manager cared about her staff and ensured we had the tools to do the job right! HCC is growing with enrollment increasing each semester. I thin k they do a great job at making adjustment to ensure the best education possibilities for their students and staff.
Good working environment
Work Study Student Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 21, 2017
As a student worker I was never uneasy about the job. It is a real learning experience. Students in the work study program are taught hands on work skills.
Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 10, 2017
Being an instructor is wonderful and I wish I could do it full time. The team is very supportive and always willing to help each other. The college is great and always a positive experience.
Pros
The students and staff
Cons
commute
Work Place Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Maryland USAMay 3, 2017
This company has been ranked the best company to work for during the years I was with them. Everyone is very accommodating when I do have questions and inquires in some aspects of the job that I am performing.
Rewarding experience in teaching others
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 21, 2017
Enjoyable atmosphere with lots of opportunities for professional development. Excellent opportunity to collaborate with other instructors and experience an inclusive work environment.
Love hcc!
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 19, 2017
HCC gives you all the support necessary to succeed. I would go every single day feeling good about my job because I feel being part of a good team. Great people, great culture and work atmosphere!
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
little benefits
Productive and fun working enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2017
Great place to study and work at. A typical day at work would be to interact with other students and help them in any way necessary. Management is great, very professional and caring. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to students.
Post-Game Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 26, 2017
HCC is a place of memories since I studied there so it was very nice to be apart of the HCC family again, in the sports capacity!