Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Employee Reviews

The Merger has been a debockle and stressful. Too many emails that were not neccesary.
Real Estate Salesperson - Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NY 14228September 9, 2017
Great on-line training but very disorganized merger and poor name recognition. Signs took too long to obtain and hey are too small to read. Company gave us only 1 name tag and gave me 500 business cards with the wrong information on it ! Too many irrelevant emails and no additional help in marketing and IT.
Pros
Working for the 3rd largest family owned real estate brokerage in the US.
Cons
Poor name recoginition, disorganized merger, signs too small, too slow...
Real estate is amazing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work. The real estate agents treated me like family. There was 45 agents and brokers, towne bank located right on the premises.
Pros
schedule
benefits
Great Family Owned Company, Great People!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJune 14, 2017
I've been with Howard Hanna since 1998 and would not work for another Real Estate Company! Howard Hanna is classy, and their tools and market share speak for themselves. Howard Hanna does not need to speak badly about the competitors to get Realtors to work here, Howard Hanna's reputation speaks for it's self. They are a family owned business, which means they are owned by 1 family, the Hanna's. Their offices are not franchises, they are all under the leadership of the Hanna's, and each office has a non-competing manager, so you don't have to worry about the manager competing with you for the business. Plus there is at least 1 professional Administrator in each office working for the Realtors. Howard Hanna has no "Hidden Fees" either!

I highly recommend Howard Hanna!
Making my clients happy
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Seven Fields, PAJanuary 23, 2017
I love meeting new people and helping them find what they are looking for. I meet clients and show them homes that interest them. Then I provide assistance through the buying and/or selling process. Most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how happy my clients are with their new home or the sale of their existing home.
Fun productive work place
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHDecember 26, 2016
The coworkers are great and very friendly extremely knowledgeable. The mangament team is very productive and hands on, always available. I very much enjoy working for the company
Great support and very reputable company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 13, 2016
I love working here. Great admin and broker support. Offers excellent training. Communication with broker is excellent. Technology in-office is a little poor, but we are all independent, and I use my own technology so this is not as important.
Productive workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 10, 2016
I work in my own quiet office area. I start by checking my emails for the day, follow up with agents for showing feedback and then move onto my daily task list. I have learned a great deal working in the real estate atmosphere for close to two years. I have learned the process of meeting with clients, setting up a listing, marketing, and closing. The most enjoyable part is working with clients to list and market their property. The most difficult part would be targeting specific age groups or professionals for a listing specific to them. I have worked to create marketing binders for new professionals such as doctors, nurses, etc. coming into the area. Have some difficulty getting them to the right person to distribute to this clientele.
Great Company to Start Your Real Estate Career.
Realtor (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 12, 2016
I reentered the real estate arena with Howard Hanna because I felt that considering they have what seemed to be the lowest tiered commission structure. I figured that if I started elsewhere, I would never want to move to Howard Hanna. I have found that Howard Hanna's upper management quite skilled and successful in growing the territory to other states, moving from branchising into franchising, while maintaining stellar market shares in their markets.
Not a good place for IT
IT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Saw high turnover rate. Management was horrible at trying to keep people. Rather than promote from within, they recruited and then pushed out employees. Upper management stood behind middle management even when wrong. Unhealthy work environment where blame is cast on anyone other than the right person.
Pros
Some of the people were great ... before they left.
Cons
Bad management, blame games, high turnover
Great place to work!
Real Estate Agent Howard Hanna (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 6, 2015
This is a great place to work. It is a family owned business. They are growing every day. The manger is very supportive and supplies all the tools necessary to become successful. It has been a wonderful experience.
Good solid workplace, lots of fun
Real Estate Salesperson-selling (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 13, 2015
I loved Howard Hanna but I require steady monies. I learned new things daily including about mortgages and HUD. I met amazing people here at Howard Hanna. Most people were super helpful and accomodating.
Fast paced and changing daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 11, 2014
I had wonderful co-workers and a friendly management staff. I processed real estate listings and sales for nearly 70 agents on a daily basis.
They offered a very flexible schedule, allowing for doctor's appointments, personal time off, and other circumstances that may arise at any time.
Personal time off and paid vacation was offered after only 90 days of full-time employment. Health, vision, and dental beneftits as well.
Pros
health insurance, vacation time, and a flexible schedule
Howard Hanna
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2014
Love this company.
Learned so much. Very family like. coworkers are great. most hardest part is competing with everyone. most enjoyable is always learning something new
I am retired. I enjoyed flexible work schedule.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHFebruary 11, 2013
Worked part time; I left because of housing recession! I enjoyed working with people in buying and selling homes. I enjoyed planning my own day.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
business tied to economy.
Real Estate is interesting but hard
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 14, 2013
I only worked for 1 real estate company and it had it's ups and downs. You need to work weekends to make it work but it's possible to schedule which weekends you work and when you want off. The hardest part of the job is there is more competition then there is houses to sell and buyers. The best part of the job was the pay and the flexible work schedule.
Pros
flexible work schedule, pay, fun job
Cons
work most weekends, more competition then real estate to sell and buyers to buy.
Good working environment
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 4, 2012
Excellent company to work with. Management is great. Co-workers are great.