HOWARD REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
A Fine Place to Train
Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 28, 2012
I was a Resident Chaplain, a student, serving on a medical surgical floor, in pediatrics, and in a long term care facility. I was also assigned with three others in our group to be an on-call chaplain for the entire hospital. I thoroughly loved Howard.
Pros
resident salary is commensurable with others
Cons
food in cafeteria marginal
Loved working there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 2, 2013
I loved working for Howard it was such a great place. I worked as a lab assistant/phlebotomist and my supervisor was an amazing person. I did lots of different things. It was always busy which thats what I like.
Pros
loved the people i worked with and loved my hours, and made decent money.
Cons
n/a
Fun atmosphere with my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 24, 2012
A typical 12 hour shift at work started as soon as my feet hit the unit. We were a cardiac/critical care unir, so we were all trained to be prepared for anything to happen at any time. I am the type of worker that even if my shift hasnt started or is over, I will get right in there and help when it comes to caring for a patient's needs. The biggest area of learning for anyone on this type of unit to me would have to be time management skills and being able to prioritize which patients yours eyes need to physically see first,second, and so forth, Our management was not always the best. When we received a new manager, it became clear that the "number of bodies [nurses] on the unit" was more important than the actual care required for nurse/patient ratio. I do any and all that I can to make sure all of my patients needs and also their families needs are met continually. My number one prioriity when I walk onto the unit to work is my patients and also the rest of the patients on the unit. I loved the co-workers I had. We all learned really quickly how to function as a "team" and learned that the type of patients we cared for were critically ill and it took more than just ourself to care for them. We never saw ourselves as just having "our own 4-5 patient", we saw the entire floor of patients as "all our patients," The hardest part of the job was learning to prioritize and have time management skills. It was something I learned rather quickly,having the opportunity to be a student nurse extern through nursing school. It made my actual RN orientation a lot more enjoyable and less  more... stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients. A majority of the patients quickly gain a relationship with their nurse and the rest of the unit staff no matter if they are there overnight or for a longer period of time. I find it very rewarding to do my best to save lives, see patient's improve over time and be able to leave the hospital, form a relationship with patients family members to where they feel comfortable leaving their loved ones in the care of our unit. It is rewarding to me to walk into a patients room and see and or put a smile on their faces,  less
Pros
amazing co-workers, underastanding house supervisors
Cons
very short breaks, if even able to get one; lunch breaks are very few and far between

4.3