Howard University Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and hard working staff
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Howard university hospitalApril 18, 2017
Great staff who are willing to work with new graduates. The staff is hard working and knowleadagble about current nursing practice. Management is also very supportive of new graduate nurses and are very flexible when it comes to staffing ends. Overall the hospital is great for experience and you can learn so much in a short period of time.
Great benefits
Clinical Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2017
Schedules patient appointments, obtains, updates and verifies patient demographic and insurance, assist in answering inquires regarding departmental and HUFPP services.
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2017
The best job I ever had. Amazing staff, doctors and patients. Communication and team work was great experience in my department. Every work day was enjoyable and productive.
Pros
Free luncheons.
Cons
Low pay
you need to be hard working
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
I learned to be very patient with the customers at all times.
Go the extra mile.
Be on time.
Try not to call in.
Help out as much as possible.
be friendly
Howard
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 29, 2017
patient care in this hospital is primary, i love working there. Basic improvement done is being done. It is a the very 1st black hospital that has much history.
Pros
FREE IN PATIENT CARE
Excellent
HR Consultant  (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2017
I managed a transition center after a significant lay off of all level personnel from cafeteria staff, nurses, and doctors. In as much as I could not do anything about persons loosing their jobs, I was able to assist them with finding employment elsewhere.

Fully enjoyed assisting with helping less skilled persons write their resumes and connect them with other employers.
Pros
The People
Great Summer Position
Assistant Receptionist/Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2017
I was only at Howard University Hospital for a summer community service position in 2009. Howard University Hospital is a fun and exciting place to work. I enjoyed the department I worked in during that time. I would recommend this institution to anyone looking for a medical profession career.
Productive, busy ,enjoyable
Howard University Hospital (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2017
While volunteering here in the ER department you never miss a beat . I learned something new almost every week and enjoyed my time at Howard Hospital.
Professional, community oriented
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WashiFebruary 27, 2017
Professional, community oriented.
Inspires loyalty with the longevity of many employees.
Patient focused teaching hospital with a cooperation of departments
to ensure continuity of patient care.
Accomodative to new employees
Labor & Delivery- Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2017
it is a hospital that accommodates new beginners as they are very welcoming to strangers.it also has a diverse population wherein you feel at home.
Pros
location, salary and diversity of the employees
Cons
Needs funding because of the type of patient population
Fun and productive
Transportation Aide/TA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2017
It was fun always meeting new people. Great experience for the health care feild. Holidays was the best time all the parties and different types of culture. The best steff in the whole world miss them guys. When it snowed they send people to cone get you.
Pros
Long breaks discount on your food
Cons
Got a lot of attitudes in there
Full time job
Database manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 1, 2017
i am looking for full time job with good benefit.I am data base manager.our department will close.because NIH ban our budget.
Pros
temporary
Cons
insurance
Pleasant place to work
Account Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2017
Telephone conversation with the subscribers explaining their benefits. Follow up on the processing of claims. Explaining why the claim denied. Show some love.
Productive, ongoing learning and fun place
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20059January 23, 2017
A typical day is a ongoing challenge but very friendly and learning enviorement . Management is very good , understanding and always willing to help their staff when needed.
Pros
Good health package.
Great Benefits
Patient Service Representative ll (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
It was a nice place to work for experience and benefits. I met a lot of great people when I was there but it wasn't much room to grow.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Managment turnover is too often
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
They can never keep a manger in the Emergency Room. The pay is good for employees. Staffing sucks. No potential growth. Environmental service are lazy.
Pros
very well pay
Cons
Don't care about employees
working experience
Patient Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
I wanted to get an employment there but it was not possible, because they are down sizing. It is an ok company to work for if it becomes an employer through the months and years.
Enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the elderly people. Talk with them during the day and seeing them smile. Made my day I knew I had completed my job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Benefits
Productive & FUN
Student intern/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at the hospital is always busy but Productive, soon as you arrive to work you might get assigned 2 to 4 tickets daily. Some days the work may get slow but one thing I learned working in a corporation people like good service. I always wanted to perfect my work , so anytime I was assigned a ticket I would make sure I paid attention to detail & did a good job. Your work ethic carry you a long way, when employees see that reliable it look good on your behave. The hardest part of the job for was patience's the delays you might have when downloading a driver or software.The most enjoyable part of the day is when you actually get to fix peoples problems & and make other people jobs easier .
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2016
I enjoy working with howard,i was able to bring my skils and learn new things as well.wonderful staffs to work with. Resources is great. Cummute was a lil bad for mel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Howard University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Howard University Hospital Reviews by Location