HOWARD UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL

HOWARD UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Executive Office Manager /ExecutiveAssistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 26, 2014
Pleasurable environment. Wonderful working conditions.
fun work place one hour lunch break
Patient accsess (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
excellence management team fun people good benefit good work schedule
SEE BELOW
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: coming in and enjoying my coworkers and patients.
Cons: not alot of places to eat in the area.
A typical day at HUH is coming in and addressing the patients, getting patient charts up for their appointments, answering phones, checking patients out and just making our work day and load pleasant and fulfilled.
SEE BELOW
Pros: coming in and enjoying my coworkers and patients.
Cons: not alot of places to eat in the area.
great place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job that I was helping someone that appreciated my help. Management had very bad personality skill when she made errors she would not except she want others to take the blame for her mistakes.
LOVED THIS JOBS
Medical Biller / Collector (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
REALLY NICE COMPANY ITS JUST SO FAR THEY HAVE A GOOD COMPENSATION PACKAGE AND THIS IS A GREAT COIMPANY TO WORK FOR
The Most Enjoyable place to work
Dialysis Therapist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2014
Howard is a great place to work and very enjoyable with great co-workers and staff
Patient Access Associate
Patient Access Associate in Emergency Room (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: tuition remission benefits
Cons: poor management
The most difficult part of this position stemmed from poor management and staff shortages and high employee turnovers. The employee accountability was unequal, staff input was not taken into account or valued.

There was a high turnover in co-workers, but also in in management.

It was not, however, a position without rewards. As a trauma 1 hospital, – more... I learned more than I could have imagined in terms of medical treatment, terminology and diagnosis, triage procedures, as well as managing family and/or patients who were in "crisis" mode.

The professional exposure to various agencies members also allowed me to, once again, interconnections of emergency staff agencies - EMS, Police, MD's etc.

This was a great platform and introduction into hospital culture. – less
certified medical asssistanrt
certified medical assistant (Current Employee), washington DCAugust 27, 2014
great learning experience learned a great deal from the physcains
fun workplace
Medical - Flow Tech (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: management
A day at howard is very productive and busy i enjoyed it i learned alot of new things that will advance me in my carrer the co workers were fun easy to get along with learning the system here was a little tricky but I am a fast learner.
Professional environment where I have obtained new skills daily.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at the office starts at 8:30 am, where the patients come in get registered, have their vital signs taken, state reason for visit, get set up in exam rooms for procedures that will be performed by the physician that day. Once the patient is finished with physician the are directed back to the front desk where they schedule their next appointment – more... and sign out. After patient leaves exam room, I go in and sterilize the exam tables and countertops, disposing the used linen inside the laundry basket to get washed and I then prepare room for the next patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that all patients have been assisted and that all their better health needs have been met. – less
Diverse
Executive Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours.
Cons: not sensitive to family issues.
High turnovers. Management constantly changing. Insufficient training. Delayed technologies.
Hard working staff embracing change.
Hospital Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2014
Howard University Hospital has a great team who is trying to make a difference in healthcare,
Established and maintained effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
hospital attendant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2014
Residency program diverse, but still developing and growing
PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 18, 2014
Pros: lost of room for individual structuring for personalized experience
Cons: minimal clinical staff employed by hospital, most are employees of the college
awesome experience and under great guidance, a great way to start career on an entry level
Productive, intensed and caring
manage direct and lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: when i can not make a difference.
Registering greeting patient preparing documents.
Assiting medical staff.
What it means to care for the ill on the daily basis.
Trouble shooting management of my daily duties in an highly intensed ECA.
My co-workers and I work as a team.
Watching someone suffer due to there illness.
Having a patient overwelmed with joyed from the care I provided.
Learn alot
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), OverallWashington DCMay 12, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management
Overall Howard University Hospital taught me a lot and i would recommend anyone that wants to learn new things to go there.
Fast-pace Enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 8, 2014
Pros: metro accessible, weekends off
Cons: no job advancement available
I enjoy working at Howard University Hospital. The patients make the job a joy. I have learned a lot about various procedures and different illnesses and how they are treated.
This place kills its patients and employees
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2014
Working their will definitely shave years off of your life. Poor Leadership... a living case study of a disfunctional organization.
Very interesting learning experience
Pediatric Medical/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Pros: patients were great
The doctor was older and did things different from what we were taught in school

1 2 3 4