Howard University Employee Reviews

overall things are good
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2017
a day at my job is like morning report and then off to my room which is usually a day of neuro surgery. I sent up my room by checking to see if all supplier are there then off to scrub and set up for the case. do all my counts and lable all drugs. then I break and help the nurse to get the patient ready for surgery.
Pros
nice trauma center
Cons
do the same cases all the time
Fast-paced, love working with the students.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2017
Fast-paced, love working with the students.
Micromanagement is someone discouraging, work environment could be better, old buildings need renovation.
Organized opportunities for international collaboration
Scholar (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2017
Lead professors were extremely prepared and approachable; ample time allotted for personal research. Expectations were clear but feedback could have been more frequently shared.
Pros
level of collaboration and diversity
Cons
experience was short-tem
Loved it
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
Howard University was a great place to work! I really enjoyed getting to work with students and staff on a day to day basics ! I worked in the information lab where students could come and use the computer for many different things and print!
Needs better senior management
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
Senior Leadership needs managerial training. The CEO is hardworking and talented but his direct reports are not as committed as he is. The benefits are above average and the brand is strong, but not as strong as in the past.
great experience
Student Athlete (basketball) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Being a student athlete was a great experience, I learned a lot of valuable teamwork skills and I gained leadership qualities as well. It also taught me how to adapt and work well with others.
Smh
Howard staff (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 7, 2017
It starts out fine .Then the reality sets in they don't offer any kind of advancement after years of employment . I have been promoted and not compensated. Its a toxic environment to work in.
Pros
HBCU/ helping students/faculty that care
Cons
Management/no room for growth
Nice place to Work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2017
Easy job, good people, but no scope for advancement. No raises or drive to better ones self. Everything moves at a slow pace. Workplace culture is relaxed.
Organic Chemisry Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the Undergraduate and Graduate students. I enjoyed the interaction with the students each day. Just having the opportunity to encourage them.
Pros
Seminars
Cons
Need more assistance
Productive fun,learning environment
Box Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
I worked the Box office in Ira Aldridge. Collected tickets, worked cash register, trained in the Vindini system, and worked concessions. I learned ho to enegage with people,and work a cash register.
Benefits
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2017
Howard has great benefits if you are employed with them. Free tuition for your kids, free tuition for specific programs, Metro benefits, Paid time off, etc.
Very good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2017
Very good benefits for you and your family. Attend free basketball games football games free gym and they also have a great marching band all on Howard University campus
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
1hr lunch
Fun place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Howard because it was a great environment. All of the functions they had from concerts, to frat and sorority parties, we attended.
Pros
Excellent staff
Great Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2017
Howard University provides the platform for great networking and professional mobility. Another leading benefit for staff is the opportunity to receive a tuition free education of the highest quality.
Average
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2017
It all depends on who you know as to how far you will go within the company. It's a very diverse culture of employees and there are some teamwork qualities within some departments. There are some employees that will go above and beyond their job responsibilities and then there are some who just do the bare minimum
Pros
The fact of being able to say that you work there
Cons
Low salary
Diligent faculty members who are supportive
Academic Clinical Coordinator of Education (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
Faculty works as a team to achieve the desired task for the semester. I have a supportive chairperson and dean which allows me to be a productive ACCE
DAC Intern
Data Analysis/Assistant Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2017
I learned many key points of data analysis and look forward to using them in the workplace. DAC taught my how to enter data, manage a project, and multitask to get all jobs done in a timely manner.
Studious environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  601 Howard PlaceMay 4, 2017
My position at Howard University was Graduate Assistant from August 2015 until May 2017. My duties included conducting research for faculty, and working in the computer lab. Research consisted of reviewing articles to reference in projects that were to be published. This position enable me to have a flexible schedule and focus on my studies.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
opening coomputer lab directly after long hours at internship
it was okay
Staff Accountant - Grants and Contracts (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2017
it paid the bills. nothing more to say. very hectic at work, i learned a lot which was good but they need some serious changes as far as management and administration.
Fun and Productive
Entry Level Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2017
Howard University is a awesome place to work, you never know who your going to see or meet, learn a lot discover new things, the people are awesome and fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Howard University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval