HOWL AT THE MOON Employee Reviews in United States

Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2016
I already reviewed Howl at the Moon. I worked here for 2 years and I loved every bit of it. I loved being the promotions manager and a bartender. It was a lot of fun.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced work envirment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 20, 2016
While working for Howl at the moon promotions I learned many skills. It's a fast paced work environment, were you have to be able to adapt to different personalities of customers.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No breaks
na
BAR MANAGER / BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
Deal with people on a daily basis. The overall vibe in the bar is extremely positive with a high energy live music setting. Everyone genuinely seems to have a great time.
nice co workers, loyal costumers, fun cocktail menu
Bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2016
My job at howl at the moon was a great learning opportunity for me. i mostly learned how to multi task which consisted of bar tending, greeting costumers, serving food, cleaning tables, handling registers,the p.o.s system, and opening/closing restaurant/bar. My co workers were the best part of my experience. i learned teamwork and built friendships. the hardest part was handling busing and bar backing for by myself, little to no break, and long hours with little pay. but this was overall the best opportunity for me.
Pros
costumers, making drinks, co workers, great tips
Cons
no health care, no break, longer than normal shifts, little pay
A fun and exciting place to worki
Server/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
I love working at Howl At The Moon. Everyday is an exciting and learning experience. I interact with customers, work hard, and have a great time doing it.
Howl At the Moon
Stockroom
Beer Orders
Great Place to work.
Bathroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2015
Howl at the Moon is an awesome place to work. The employees and management seem to care about their work place. Most of the customers are very nice.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people.
Cons
Its a bathroom so I do not think I have to explain the cons.
Fast pace and fun environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2015
Im a lover of music. Was great to be in an environment with the best of both worlds fun and music with hard working team members. Got to discover and experience so many different types of events in the piano bar scene. An overall awesome working experience.
Pros
great food, great drinks, safe clean environment.
Howl at the Moon
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2015
The work environment was kept very lighthearted, and fun. But, management remained very professional with employees. The work place was enjoyable.
Pros
great management
Cons
poor hours
Dueling Piano bar with atmosphere you can't avoid joining in the fun.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2014
Great concept that focuses on the entertainment staff. The company is growing and establishing a corporate structure. Very competitive pay with incentives but in the service industry there is high turnover in most positions.
fun work enviroment, family oriented
Client Relations Representative/Promotional model (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 6, 2014
everyone is always fun of energy never a dual moment. company treats all girls like family and always there to help when needed. great trainings about products.
Pros
flexable
Cons
na
Fun Job
Promotions Manager, Night Auditor, Administrative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with Howl at the Moon. It was an all around great experience and a great place to visit!
Pros
everything!
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2013
General serving duties. Great workplace environment. Learned people and sales skills. Wonderful co-workers and managers. Hardest part of my job is working with intoxicated people. Everything else is a blast!
Fun place to work
Party Planner/Server/Cashier/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2013
Wide variety of customers and employees. A ton of fun to work for Howl at the Moon. Always a good time.
Fun and exciting work environment with live music
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2013
Howl at the Moon is a fabulous place to work, with live entertainment nightly from the musicians. I am learning a much more efficient and effective way to do the job that I've already been doing for two years. The speed at which I am expected to perform is higher than any that I've had before, and my progression rate is constantly increasing. The management is incredible, from promotions with the public to inner relations with the staff. My co-workers are professional and responsible, with everyone striving for the same goal: A fun and professional staff means a fun and professional environment for everyone!
Pros
great staff, management, and environment
Cons
healthcare
Fun environment, lousy experience.
Cocktail Waitress/ Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2013
I am a very hard worker, and I was good enough to employ for 9 months, but then let go because I wouldnt change who I am. Although I enjoyed the job itself, the way it turned out behind the job was hurtful.
Very fun job, met many celebrities
Door Helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2013
I checked ID's at the door, and supervised the bar to make sure no participant was fighting or too intoxicated. All workers had to be a part of the piano show and dance to a couple songs every night. I learned how to check real and fake Driver's Liscenses and how to handle situations that were stressfull, such as trying to talk to a customer that was too intoxicated to even walk and escorting them out of the bar.

I had great co-workers to work with, I made many friends with this job, because the whole purpose was to have a good time.

The hardest part of this job was having to leave it. I made the worst decision of my life one night while I was employed with this company. I became a customer of this bar and other local bars that night and got in certain legal trouble that forced me to quit.

The best part of this job was meeting many different celebrities. I had the pleasure of meeting such people like Blake Shelton, Chipper Jones, Ron White, Roy Hibbert, Jon Silva, etc.
Pros
meeting celebrities
Cons
too noisy, dealing with drunk people
Fast working enviornment and a great learning exp.
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2013
I learned how to handle undeseriabl situations. I also learned to not take people for what they seem to be in a stressed work environment. The hardest part of working at houl was, nothing...
Fast-paced work environment
Sales and Event Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2013
Day to day duties involve extreme multi-tasking, working under sales deadlines and pressures, coordinating with a management team and routine reporting to the corporate office. This job requires you to take matters into your own hands with a self-starter drive and motivation driven by a competitive nationwide sales team. If you work hard, you are appreciated. There are many perks to the job if you keep your face well known in the proper networking circles. The most enjoyable part of the job crosses between the adrenaline rush of increased sales in comparison to your associates and the ability to represent an extremely fun hospitality concept.
you will love to work here
Door Host, Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2012
fun and crazy place to work. best managers. funny people come in and get drunk. great co-workers. very simple job