HOWL AT THE MOON Employee Reviews

Barback/Security (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Management all the way up to ownership is very good with their employees. Good hours, good pay, amazing employees. I love the job and company.
Pros
all
nightly live dueling pianos
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 15, 2017
typical corporate bar job - high rate of turnover due to general bias distrust of bartenders
strange management structure, little room for advancement especially if you are unable/ unwilling to relocate
willing to hire inexperienced staff members and train them
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
unpredictable income
Relaxed atmosphere with great management
Server Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2016
A dueling piano bar that rocks and is amazing to work at. They believe in rewarding hard work with promotions and other opportunities. Management is honest and sets good examples for their employees. The owner himself stops by once in a while, great guy to work for as long as you do your job
Pros
Discount, location, income
Cons
late hours
Good people, no social life
Host (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2016
There seems to be an overlap in management is some areas. It's a nice place to work, can be fun and entertaining at time. It is impossible to have a social life because you are working during the hours most people are social.
Fun
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2016
FUN FUN FUN

Cons- Night Hours
Pros - Decent Pay = to work ethic
Management - Great!
Enjoyable - Social Atmosphere
Learn Time Management
Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2016
I already reviewed Howl at the Moon. I worked here for 2 years and I loved every bit of it. I loved being the promotions manager and a bartender. It was a lot of fun.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced work envirment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 20, 2016
While working for Howl at the moon promotions I learned many skills. It's a fast paced work environment, were you have to be able to adapt to different personalities of customers.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No breaks
na
BAR MANAGER / BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
Deal with people on a daily basis. The overall vibe in the bar is extremely positive with a high energy live music setting. Everyone genuinely seems to have a great time.
nice co workers, loyal costumers, fun cocktail menu
Bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2016
My job at howl at the moon was a great learning opportunity for me. i mostly learned how to multi task which consisted of bar tending, greeting costumers, serving food, cleaning tables, handling registers,the p.o.s system, and opening/closing restaurant/bar. My co workers were the best part of my experience. i learned teamwork and built friendships. the hardest part was handling busing and bar backing for by myself, little to no break, and long hours with little pay. but this was overall the best opportunity for me.
Pros
costumers, making drinks, co workers, great tips
Cons
no health care, no break, longer than normal shifts, little pay
A fun and exciting place to worki
Server/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
I love working at Howl At The Moon. Everyday is an exciting and learning experience. I interact with customers, work hard, and have a great time doing it.
Howl At the Moon
Stockroom
Beer Orders
Great Place to work.
Bathroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2015
Howl at the Moon is an awesome place to work. The employees and management seem to care about their work place. Most of the customers are very nice.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people.
Cons
Its a bathroom so I do not think I have to explain the cons.
Fast pace and fun environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2015
Im a lover of music. Was great to be in an environment with the best of both worlds fun and music with hard working team members. Got to discover and experience so many different types of events in the piano bar scene. An overall awesome working experience.
Pros
Great food, great drinks, safe clean environment.
Howl at the Moon
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2015
The work environment was kept very lighthearted, and fun. But, management remained very professional with employees. The work place was enjoyable.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Poor hours
Dueling Piano bar with atmosphere you can't avoid joining in the fun.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2014
Great concept that focuses on the entertainment staff. The company is growing and establishing a corporate structure. Very competitive pay with incentives but in the service industry there is high turnover in most positions.
fun work enviroment, family oriented
Client Relations Representative/Promotional model (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 6, 2014
everyone is always fun of energy never a dual moment. company treats all girls like family and always there to help when needed. great trainings about products.
Pros
flexable
Cons
NA
Fun Job
Promotions Manager, Night Auditor, Administrative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with Howl at the Moon. It was an all around great experience and a great place to visit!
Pros
Everything!
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2013
General serving duties. Great workplace environment. Learned people and sales skills. Wonderful co-workers and managers. Hardest part of my job is working with intoxicated people. Everything else is a blast!
Fun place to work
Party Planner/Server/Cashier/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2013
Wide variety of customers and employees. A ton of fun to work for Howl at the Moon. Always a good time.
Fun and exciting work environment with live music
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2013
Howl at the Moon is a fabulous place to work, with live entertainment nightly from the musicians. I am learning a much more efficient and effective way to do the job that I've already been doing for two years. The speed at which I am expected to perform is higher than any that I've had before, and my progression rate is constantly increasing. The management is incredible, from promotions with the public to inner relations with the staff. My co-workers are professional and responsible, with everyone striving for the same goal: A fun and professional staff means a fun and professional environment for everyone!
Pros
Great staff, management, and environment
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOWL AT THE MOON. Our community is ready to answer.