Howry Residential Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Caring environment meeting the needs of individuals with developmental and physical disabilities
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 20, 2016
Programming consisted of meeting all the basic needs for our individuals whom could not carry out for themselves, cooking for them, bathing/grooming, transporting to and from appts., activities and outings. Distributing and monitoring medications. Logging of all occurrences of the shift and briefing next support staff at end of shift of any changes etc...
Learned that everyone deserves to be treated with respect no matter their disabilities!
When a person cannot communicate their needs due to cognitive disability it is frustrating for them and this complicates our job of caring for them to the best of our ability, it is rather sad.
It was most enjoyable to see these individuals become delighted on certain outings etc... since life for them can be harder and therefor less pleasurable at times without independence.
Pros
Eat with clients, many outings, multi tasker's paradise
Cons
Tough to take pto days off at times of low staff rate/coverage
Love the clients
Program Director/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 23, 2012
I would love to see more independent and life building services to help assist the clients with day to day life coping and social skills. Overall I love working with consumers but the pay wasn't exactly the best.