HQ Aero Employee Reviews in United States

Met amazing people and have an amazing supervisor.
Open and Close aircraft Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVDecember 30, 2015
Good job. Dislike the pay and no benefits. I love what I do. I love being able to be educated in different types of work fields. I am able to say that I have knowledge and the capability of working in different fields.
Nice staff
Open Close Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 18, 2015
I would take apart the planes for maintenance, the management was always contradicting itself however, and some let personal feelings get in the way of the professional view.
Pros
decent break times
Great company to work for
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 10, 2014
Good company. Great opportunities in aircraft maintenance.
Pros
great salary
Family oriented company
Avionics Installer / Structures (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Great place to work The techs are some of the best I have worked with
No Hours, won't send you to a place that has work. No security, no benefits.
Open Close Tech-Contracting for bombardier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GeorgiaNovember 12, 2013
Bombardier is a great place to work if you are direct, however do not go through HQ AERO as a contractor. You will only work about 2 days a week from the end of June until you finally cannot afford to work there anymore. HQ AERO will not send you anywhere else that has work PERIOD. Extremely low pay, no hours, and absolutely will not try to get you to a new place that has work. Co workers are awesome, and the type of work is great, however this would at best be considered a hobby going through HQ AERO, and you cannot rely on a paycheck week to week. If you are independently wealthy and enjoy poor pay with zero benefits, this is the job for you.
Pros
you lose a lot of weight due to starvation.
Cons
you starve.
Very Disappointed
inspector (Former Employee) –  s.w.October 24, 2013
Thought I had a job but the Chief Inspector's nephew was scared for his job.
Pros
free parking
Cons
the chief inspector's nephew
Hiring Agency
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 1, 2013
Easy to work with. Good Company to use to find jobs in Aviation Field.
Good Company
Aircraft Avionics Technician/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NC and Melbourne FLNovember 23, 2012
While working for HQ Aero I was contracted to STI Aviation in Moyock, NC and AAR Aircraft Services in Melbourne FL. The first part of my time with them the work at STI Aviation was steady and there was plenty of opportunity to work overtime. Once I started working in Florida, the work load was varied and chaotic at times as AAR was downsizing their operation. Eventually I was laid off from the contract with AAR and although HQ Aero has many good job opportunities available around the country, none are withing my commuting area at this time.
Pros
wages were fair and hq management kept us pretty well informed.
Cons
no jobs available in north eastern north carolina.
hq earo
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2012
good company to work for if you willing to travel all over the place they try there best to get you in and help you with your job process and make it really easy ...pays ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HQ Aero. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8