HSHS Medical Group Employee Reviews

Pre-bill Auditor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Pay, Environment, People
Cons: None
Outstanding employer. Strong family understanding, good benefits, good pay, great leaders, and positive work environment. This is an amazing company to work for. They stand behind their employees, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome within the company.
Company that cares
Occupational Health (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 14, 2015
This organization is really people orientated and tries to provide the best care available and treat all patients and co-workers equally.
Great benefits, lack of teamwork
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: benefits for medical insurance is great
Cons: pay is not so wonderful
Supervisors/managers rarely talk to fellow employees unless there is an issue or problem. The main communication is not in person or face to face, it is via email. There is nothing to assist you in the guidance of procedures and how things need to be done. Their excuse is its a new area. It's five years old. Something should be in place by now.
Very Fast Paced
Mobile Health Tech (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: not worth the pay, and time gone
No incentives, or pay raises. An employee isnt acknowledged except for in a group. This company doesnt reward individuals based on performance. The travel time was good, but away alot
Great Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Rushville, ILSeptember 25, 2014
HSHS Medical Group is a great place to work. They have great benefits for their employees and wonderful staff.
HSHS A step above the rest
CPC/Auditor, Practice Manager (Former Employee), Highland, ILJune 2, 2014
Through this job I learned the proper techniques when approaching physicians in regard to education on coding and documentation. My staff that worked with me was top notch, and was always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. This would be the job that I have enjoyed the most out of my career, and it often saddens me that I left. I spent my days doing daily management activities as well as medical coding auditing of professional fees.
The perfect part-time job.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 2, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Cons: i can't think of any at this time.
I enjoy working with HSHS Medical Group, I am a part-time psr so I work evenings and every other weekend. The schedule is great the staff of nurses and doctors are awesome!
Professional atmosphere with growth opportunity
MG Professional (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 30, 2013
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Newer organization with growth potential.
Learning Experience
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, ILApril 28, 2013
Pros: learning more about the health care field i didn't already know.
Going in to working for HSHS I understood a lot of what i was doing. From answering phones, scheduling appointments, and dealing with patients. I also learned a lot from working there. I have a good understanding now on how to pre-authorize tests with an insurance company, referral process within insurance companies and other doctors offices.
If they ever change all of the management, it might be succeful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), 1512 N. Green Mt. Rd.February 5, 2013
Pros: work environment was doable with adjustments
Cons: too many adjustments, needs better respectful management
I loved the job itself, poor management will continue to be the death of this company. they don't know how to talk to and or treat people. Although there are alot of great people who are in this organization, they will continue to be overridden by the overbearing ignorance that plagues its management team.
Great, positive work environment
Allscripts Enterprise Go-Live Support Specialist (Former Employee), Illinois, ILOctober 27, 2012
I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with.
Headquarters