HSHS Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

Working for HSHS medical group is a JOKE
medical personel (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 11, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The management is a joke. Practice Managers don't know how to do their jobs. Favoritism is the normal. No one follows the rules. Everyone is out for themselves only, forget about the patients, they could care less about their patients. Patient needs are last on their list. They are more concerned about who is bringing in lunch for them that day then the care that is given to the patients. Personal phone calls are more important patient phone calls. Individual homework and party planning are more important patient care.
Pros
Cons
being an employee of HSHS Medical group
HSHS Medical Group
Pre-bill Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 18, 2015
Outstanding employer. Strong family understanding, good benefits, good pay, great leaders, and positive work environment. This is an amazing company to work for. They stand behind their employees, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome within the company.
Pros
Pay, Environment, People
Very Fast Paced
Mobile Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 16, 2015
No incentives, or pay raises. An employee isnt acknowledged except for in a group. This company doesnt reward individuals based on performance. The travel time was good, but away alot
Pros
travel
Cons
not worth the pay, and time gone
Not a True Catholic Organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 29, 2015
HSHS Medical Group is hurting financially and have eliminated several positions in the corporation. Upper senior leadership is a revolving door of individuals trying to "fix" the company and leave after a year or two when they realize they aren't able to fix the situation of the company. Middle upper management is dishonest and does not practice any of the four values stressed by the sisters......Joy, Care, Compassion, and Respect. Middle management does not respond to emails or phone calls, are dishonest with their employees, and do not have the patients as the priority. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this to anyone. Most lower management and floor colleagues are stressed daily due to middle and upper management.
Constantly changing position which gives a challenge
Manager of Anesthesia Services (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILSeptember 5, 2015
HSHS Medical Group is 5 years old and still has many bugs to work out. The decisions are made on the Finance or accounting side of the business not by the management over the actual working side of the business. This does tend to lead to many changes in direction and inconsistent direction.
Pros
They allow flex time to be worked by employees
Cons
There is a lot of turnover in management
Great Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushville, ILSeptember 25, 2014
HSHS Medical Group is a great place to work. They have great benefits for their employees and wonderful staff.
Professional atmosphere with growth opportunity
MG Professional (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 30, 2013
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Newer organization with growth potential.
HSHS A step above the rest
CPC/Auditor, Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland, ILJune 2, 2014
Through this job I learned the proper techniques when approaching physicians in regard to education on coding and documentation. My staff that worked with me was top notch, and was always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. This would be the job that I have enjoyed the most out of my career, and it often saddens me that I left. I spent my days doing daily management activities as well as medical coding auditing of professional fees.
Company that cares
Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 14, 2015
This organization is really people orientated and tries to provide the best care available and treat all patients and co-workers equally.
If they ever change all of the management, it might be succeful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  1512 N. Green Mt. Rd.February 5, 2013
I loved the job itself, poor management will continue to be the death of this company. they don't know how to talk to and or treat people. Although there are alot of great people who are in this organization, they will continue to be overridden by the overbearing ignorance that plagues its management team.
Pros
work environment was doable with adjustments
Cons
too many adjustments, needs better respectful management
Learning Experience
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 28, 2013
Going in to working for HSHS I understood a lot of what i was doing. From answering phones, scheduling appointments, and dealing with patients. I also learned a lot from working there. I have a good understanding now on how to pre-authorize tests with an insurance company, referral process within insurance companies and other doctors offices.
Pros
learning more about the health care field i didn't already know.
The perfect part-time job.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 2, 2013
I enjoy working with HSHS Medical Group, I am a part-time psr so I work evenings and every other weekend. The schedule is great the staff of nurses and doctors are awesome!
Pros
great schedule
Cons
i can't think of any at this time.
Great, positive work environment
Allscripts Enterprise Go-Live Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Illinois, ILOctober 27, 2012
I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with.