HSI Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced extremely rewarding work environment with great benefits and ideal hours of operations
HR Assistant/AP and AR Manager (Current Employee) –  Riceville, TN 37370August 24, 2016
A day in the life of a Roto Rooter business:
As a Dispatcher and Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist and Human Resource Assistant at HSI Inc/PLH Inc dba Roto Rooter a day starts off with checking the messages from customers that need to be put on the schedule. I call them, set up the jobs then dispatch the men based on priority of services needed and time of job requests. By working here I have learned to dispatch complete crews or individual servicemen to plumbing emergencies, operate the Peachtree program proficiently for both payables and receivables, complete various payments and collections through online transmittal or processing of invoices and remittances, reconcile bank accounts for a whole corporation and diagnosis plumbing problems over the pone. I also have learned to calculate, document and produce payroll for commission, salary and hourly based employees, and to use Excel spreadsheets. My duties are endless but like all of the co-workers here, we are all very motivated and posses the qualities of professionalism along with compassion. We are highly trained and earn our reputation for being the best plumbing contractors in the area. The hardest part of the job I do is we are an emergency based service and when we are called people usually need us immediately. We can only do so many jobs in an 8 hr day and that means not everyone can be first job of the day. It's hard to tell someone they have to wait until the job for the hospital with no facilities at all has been completed first before we can move on to the next plumbing emergency. The best part of
  more... the job is when the customers believe they have been helped by us diagnosing their issues and they know I will send a competent serviceman to remedy the situation as soon as we have one available. When the men get there they provide the services needed to fix the problem. We stand behind our work and our employees.  less
Pros
Excellent training, good pay with benefits and perks of knowing certified master plumbers personally
Cons
Plumbing emergencies do not just happen 9 to 5, M-F.
fun and educational experiences to teach to others
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmont, MNJuly 29, 2016
I have learned how to take care of others with disabilities and to keep them safe at all times while learning and having fun.
Small Company
HEALTHCARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brainbridge Island, WAFebruary 17, 2016
HSi is changing their vendor support from Meditech/Epic to all Epic.

Senior Leadership is always available and listens to employees.
Great work environment.
Pros
Strong Work ethics, Senior Leadership Support
Cons
Changing Vendor Support
Snow Plowing
Snow Plow Driver (Former Employee) –  McHenry IlOctober 21, 2015
The person i worked for dishonest when it came to taxes which had me paying more money out of pocket. Work hours where based on weather so that made scheduling difficult.
It was a family atmosphere, they made you feel at home, and they helped you learn your duties when you started.
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKSeptember 22, 2015
A normal day would check and see what switches need to be inspected and I would do them. I learned every job no matter what you do is important. And doing it with a positive attitude. I loved working there my coworkers were great, in my section. The hardest part was when your boss would check your work hoping you did a good job. They were a company that raised money for different causes, Relay for life being one of them. I think just being part of all that was very enjoyable.
Pros
The hours, my supervisors were awesome.
Cons
I didnt have any cons.
New Supervisor's- abusive to employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working for HSI. This past September new supervisor's came in, was very hostile and used foul language which I found to be a very unprofessional atmosphere.
great
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 27, 2014
• Worked on commercial construction project for Marriot Courtyard Hotel.
• Tasks included job layout, lights, receptacles, panel boxes, breakers, & switch installations, conduit bending, wire pulling, operating heavy machinery, installation of outside conduit for underground wiring, switchgear moving and installation.
So many changes in the company; chaotic
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Recently bought out by larger company so HSI is going thru several company and department wide changes that make it very stressful at work.
Good job, excellent experience
Forensics Auditor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2014
Work steady and have challenging situations at times. Handle all expediently and accurately. Process paperwork daily, conduct reconciliations monthly. Every day, assess budget and determine how well agency is keeping with it. There is no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is the job.
Fun
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 26, 2013
When I had Disney as a primary client....there was never a dull moment.
Pros
fun doing tech support while playing the great games
Cons
long hours, sometimes without enough breaks...
A Day At HSI
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 26, 2013
I would arrive and have to get our tendents up from rest time, get them out to their living area. Let them have some time to watch their show or listen to their music, while I got their supper ready to feed them. After supper we would play a game or go outside for walks depending on the weather. Give them their baths, then get them ready for bed.
habtive serices
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  MNJune 4, 2013
i work with disiable poeple wiping butts and cleaning nottin esle
A place to work, not a career. No growth
Medical Biller/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2013
The management could have been alot better. More understanding and empathy.
Pros
learning in different departments
Cons
not a friendly place to work
Would have been Great Place to work for if Proper Managment was in Place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 27, 2013
Company didnt care about Workers Ability and Issues on Job. They Never asked or seemed Concerned about work Enivornment
Pros
perfect hours
Cons
management
Great people
Ing (Former Employee) –  Aalsmeer, NHMarch 6, 2013
The best company i have worked, we started really small and now they are bigger and bigger and i´m really happy with that because they are really nice people and they deserve it
Pros
great people
Good experience
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJanuary 8, 2013
Learned alot with mechanics. Learned how to operate machinery
great
Electrician Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2012
lots of overtime very great people a few management issues their priorty or focus is slightly off they just got bought out but over all a great place work can be demanding at times
Steady work
RX Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 3, 2012
This was a laid back environment. It only got busy when you were the only one there around lunch time. The hours of operation were great.
Great enviorment to work in
DSP (Former Employee) –  Gaylord MNMarch 7, 2012
Was only working every other weekends until I had my baby. It was a job that I love doing helping adults with disabilities, so in some ways it was like being home with my own family. Helping my kid learn different life skills.
Pros
only had to work weekends
Cons
had to work hoildays