HSI Employee Reviews

Productive and varying work required
Shipping and Receiving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working at HSI, Inc. The job required me to learn at least a little of everything that needed to be done there. Whether it was stocking shelves, organizing the showroom, assisting customers with their needs, or sewing nylon slings. I was very happy, not only with my work, but also with the people I worked with.
Pros
Allowed me to decide my own tasks
Its a Job
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
At first I liked returning back to work for company but after being there things were not the same. When I found myself unhappy with my job I left. It wasn't for me.
Good work bad management
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luverne, MNApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I enjoy helping people. Where better than a company for the mentally and physically disabled. As much as I loved my clients management wasn't the greatest. At times I worked 12-16 hr days six days a week for extended periods of time with no form of appreciation.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Inability to effectively communicate with employees
Great Entry Level/Temporary employer
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MDFebruary 9, 2017
This new employer is still working out the kinks. The job is based on guidelines and judgement. Management is young and sometimes unprofessional. You are a biller working out of a queue if ambulance claims. You are provide a cubical, a computer with dual screens and a phone.
Benefits
very productive work place
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
My experience working with them was good, because I perform to best of my ability at all times. But my performance was recongnized but not compensated for.But I still performed to the best of my ability for them.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
no benfits
Great company to work for.
Class (A) Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoy working for HSI. Job pays well, however there are no benefits. The owner is a friendly man to work for. I would be happy to see the company give benefits.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Slow parts of season
Very good place to work
General Contractor/wheatherazation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 1, 2016
It was alot fun and right up any general contractors alley. Good pay and good benefits. If you like working with your hands this is for you. I think they only use outside contractors now
great management and friendly work environment
SR CASE MANAGER/CM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2016
Case management was a rewarding experience where residents were upmost priority. I learned a lot and became skilled in my field. I would recommend this field.
Pros
supportive environment with team work
Cons
preferred shift on weekends.
Fast paced extremely rewarding work environment with great benefits and ideal hours of operations
HR Assistant/AP and AR Manager (Current Employee) –  Riceville, TN 37370August 24, 2016
A day in the life of a Roto Rooter business:
As a Dispatcher and Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist and Human Resource Assistant at HSI Inc/PLH Inc dba Roto Rooter a day starts off with checking the messages from customers that need to be put on the schedule. I call them, set up the jobs then dispatch the men based on priority of services needed and time of job requests. By working here I have learned to dispatch complete crews or individual servicemen to plumbing emergencies, operate the Peachtree program proficiently for both payables and receivables, complete various payments and collections through online transmittal or processing of invoices and remittances, reconcile bank accounts for a whole corporation and diagnosis plumbing problems over the pone. I also have learned to calculate, document and produce payroll for commission, salary and hourly based employees, and to use Excel spreadsheets. My duties are endless but like all of the co-workers here, we are all very motivated and posses the qualities of professionalism along with compassion. We are highly trained and earn our reputation for being the best plumbing contractors in the area. The hardest part of the job I do is we are an emergency based service and when we are called people usually need us immediately. We can only do so many jobs in an 8 hr day and that means not everyone can be first job of the day. It's hard to tell someone they have to wait until the job for the hospital with no facilities at all has been completed first before we can move on to the next plumbing emergency. The best part of
  more... the job is when the customers believe they have been helped by us diagnosing their issues and they know I will send a competent serviceman to remedy the situation as soon as we have one available. When the men get there they provide the services needed to fix the problem. We stand behind our work and our employees.  less
Pros
Excellent training, good pay with benefits and perks of knowing certified master plumbers personally
Cons
Plumbing emergencies do not just happen 9 to 5, M-f.
fun and educational experiences to teach to others
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmont, MNJuly 29, 2016
I have learned how to take care of others with disabilities and to keep them safe at all times while learning and having fun.
Small Company
HEALTHCARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brainbridge Island, WAFebruary 17, 2016
HSi is changing their vendor support from Meditech/Epic to all Epic.

Senior Leadership is always available and listens to employees.
Great work environment.
Pros
Strong Work ethics, Senior Leadership Support
Cons
Changing Vendor Support
Snow Plowing
Snow Plow Driver (Former Employee) –  McHenry IlOctober 21, 2015
The person i worked for dishonest when it came to taxes which had me paying more money out of pocket. Work hours where based on weather so that made scheduling difficult.
It was a family atmosphere, they made you feel at home, and they helped you learn your duties when you started.
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKSeptember 22, 2015
A normal day would check and see what switches need to be inspected and I would do them. I learned every job no matter what you do is important. And doing it with a positive attitude. I loved working there my coworkers were great, in my section. The hardest part was when your boss would check your work hoping you did a good job. They were a company that raised money for different causes, Relay for life being one of them. I think just being part of all that was very enjoyable.
Pros
The hours, my supervisors were awesome.
Cons
I didnt have any cons.
Interesting Virtual Model
Help Desk Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 31, 2015
It is an ok place to work. Everything seems disconnected and siloed in an ineffective way. Upper management is convinced that it is working just becuse it isn't completely tanking.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
healthcare
New Supervisor's- abusive to employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working for HSI. This past September new supervisor's came in, was very hostile and used foul language which I found to be a very unprofessional atmosphere.
great
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 27, 2014
• Worked on commercial construction project for Marriot Courtyard Hotel.
• Tasks included job layout, lights, receptacles, panel boxes, breakers, & switch installations, conduit bending, wire pulling, operating heavy machinery, installation of outside conduit for underground wiring, switchgear moving and installation.
So many changes in the company; chaotic
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Recently bought out by larger company so HSI is going thru several company and department wide changes that make it very stressful at work.
Good job, excellent experience
Forensics Auditor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2014
Work steady and have challenging situations at times. Handle all expediently and accurately. Process paperwork daily, conduct reconciliations monthly. Every day, assess budget and determine how well agency is keeping with it. There is no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is the job.
Fun
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 26, 2013
When I had Disney as a primary client....there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Fun doing tech support while playing the great games
Cons
long hours, sometimes without enough breaks...
A Day At HSI
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 26, 2013
I would arrive and have to get our tendents up from rest time, get them out to their living area. Let them have some time to watch their show or listen to their music, while I got their supper ready to feed them. After supper we would play a game or go outside for walks depending on the weather. Give them their baths, then get them ready for bed.