HSN Employee Reviews

great job
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 20, 2017
It was a great place to work and the office management associates were very nice and friendly. It felt like being part of a family. A nice fast paced environment.The day just flew by.
It should be fun and rewarding, but...
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 19, 2017
I have not been recognized with advancement for the work I developed and coached for the sales incentive program. I feel used and not benefiting for more money or advancing position. For all that is said about openness for new ideas, they continue to show favoritism despite time put in or effort.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
age discrimnation
Diversity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYApril 19, 2017
I love diversity and the ability to meet and assist customers to the highest level of satisfactioon. I belive that smiling while helping a customer is one of the best aspects while working.
Pros
Flexible hours/ overtime
Cons
Unreliable teamwork
Management is out of touch
Sr. eCommerce Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 17, 2017
Leadership micromanages and are so out of touch the regular person/customer. They want to make all the decisions but when things don't work they just make their employees the scape goat.

Always cutting people, very stressful place to work.
Pros
Pay is fair for the area
Cons
Micro manager and cut people all the time.
Fun work enviroment, no work to home life balance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2017
The money is decent, however work and home life balance is not there. They require all weekend days and holidays to be worked, even after 4 years of employement, I could not get a single weekend day off.
Pros
People that you work with
Cons
Shift hours and days
Get to meet tv personalities every now and then.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 11, 2017
Needed to work and HSN was hiring, only been here since November 2016 not really thrilled. I do not really have a helpful review, this is a job not a career.
The company is going under
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 11, 2017
It was a decent place to work, before they pretty much got rid of everyone and hired all temps. The company is now on the way to bankruptcy, so I really wouldn't apply.
Pros
Scheduling was convient
Cons
Constant layoffs
Great Company To Work For
Talent Acquisitions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 7, 2017
HSN truly cares about their employees. The management team is fair and the pay is about average (slightly less than average) for the market. If the VA facility weren't closing I'd work here forever.
Pros
Great Company, Good Management, Friendly Staff
Cons
best part time job I ever had
SALES (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2017
Great work at home job with excellent support from company. Excellent training and opportunity for advancement if you want that or just great for a long term job.
Could have been great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNMarch 31, 2017
I worked for the company for almost 8 months before they fired me for my compliance and quality(time on the phone and how I handled the call)... I worked from home and loved it at first but then going to work became a chore and miserable. The entire Christmas season was miserable and non stop back to back calls, most of which were rude customers calling to yell and tell you how useless you were.. it is a very hard company to work for.. The pay was oaky, I started out at 12$ with no previous call center experience. The health insurance wad expensive and not really worth it, and sometimes the discount was not worth it either. As an employee you can't use coupons or things like that either. They started micromanging every little thing they could and it got to be annoying more than anything.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
To much to list
Good company to work from home
Customer Service/Sales Representative - WAH (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMarch 27, 2017
Overall the company and position was decent. The pay was decent also. The benefits were definitely decent and company discounts were nice. I would recommend for those that have the ability to work around a families schedule.. This was hard for me to do.
Pros
Good Trainer and coaches
Cons
Hard to manage around my spouse and children's schedule, training hours were decent but after that working hours are hard, Also working both weekend days was not that great, would be nice if reps could at least get one weekend day off
Work at Home Plus
Remote Agent (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 24, 2017
HSN has the ability to blend personal and career needs like no other company I has seen before in my career.

The Work at Home position has given me the flexibility to handle getting my son into college and still work full time for a great company.
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
Lonely
Pays well and an inclusive work atmosphere
Strategic Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMarch 12, 2017
Typical day consists of reviewing financial and assortment planning for television and the internet. Strategize television promotions which includes item assortment, sequencing, timing, forecasting run rates and casting of hosts. Company supports diversity and free thought.
productive work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNMarch 4, 2017
was a great place to work.some. Supervisor was sometimes are hard to tell with. But would love to work there again. great place
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
short breaks
Good Company just difficult hours
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with the public who called in to order products. I received very good training however the hours (8p.m-4:30a.m.) was very difficult to handle while trying to raise 4 children at the time.
A work from home position
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  at homeFebruary 22, 2017
This is a great job to work from home if you have the self discipline for it. As a customer service agent, you take a lot of calls and handle a lot of different opportunities. Some customers are nice, some are not so nice. You do have to learn the skill of diffusing a bad situation and how to get the chatty ones off the phone.
Pros
no traveling
Cons
must have quiet office area
Decent job
Inventory Cycle Counter and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent at HSN though I believe a lot has changed since then. It has been nearly eleven years since I worked there.
fast paced place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 19, 2017
I wasn't to happy working for HSN because i was told i would get 60 hours and i was barely making 30 hours. So the hours sucked but i did make a few friends so i guess thats a plus.
Low pay
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 16, 2017
This position was difficult. They required us to work Saturday over-time every week, which cut into time for friends, etc. Working until 1am was stressful.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Working six days a week
great place to work
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
great place to work and working from home is a plus.
the call volume was very high at times during the peak season.
management was a pleasure to work with.
the hardest part of the job was the back to back calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.