HSN Employee Reviews

Rewarding job
Show Host (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 17, 2018
A fast paced job of live television. Live broadcasts with on air shifts of 2 or more hours selling approximately 6 - 8 products per day in categories ranging from beauty, home goods, crafts, fashion, kitchen, bedding, jewelry and more.
Production work
Quality Assurance- Team 100, Inspector level-I (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 15, 2018
I really appreciate the opportunity I have been given here. I have been able to advance and grow here. They offer a good benefit package. We get great vacation time. I enjoy the people I have met and see every day. I meet new people all the time and we work together as a team.
Pros
Vacation time people
Cons
Work schedule
Great Job, Few Hours unless during holidays
Picker/Packer GTP (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNFebruary 15, 2018
I started this job during the holidays and the hours and pay was great, however that was over in January. Great part time job...not for a single income individual...not enough money
Work from home customer service job
Home Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Managment is incompetent, not very approchable, hardest part of job is no face to face people interaction & rude customers, programs use for performing job on the computer are very outdated.
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Fast paced, Good place to work if you enjoy talking on the phone and its very nice working from home but thats kinda the downfall of the job for me. It gets very boring working from home but other than that its a great job with good benefits.
Pros
2 Paid Breaks
Cons
Short lunch, no weekends off
Best Job I Ever Had
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLFebruary 9, 2018
I loved my time with HSN. It was by far the best job I ever had. Yes, it was hard but I loved my customers so much it had it ok. I helped customers find items they wanted for their family members, holidays, and even for grandkids. It was such a great time being part of that process. I know sometimes customers can be hard but that is the case with any sales job. But I was able with the training I received and the management be truly empowered. I love it and hope to return next holiday season.
Pros
Training, Pay, Great Teamwork, Amazing Discounts
productive and fun place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day for a sales and service rep is a fast past environment with inbound calls. The training is good and prepares you for you to perform the job successfully. There are bonus/rewards for the amount of calls completed and upsells.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Was a fun place to work and they even called me back to work full time but it was a temp job for me more than them. They treat people well and are flexible with time.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 31, 2018
We took calls from customers all day to assist with ordering what they were seeing on the tv. We also assisted with incorrect / damaged orders that needed to be replaced and returned.

This was a decent place to work until they changed our commission rate and we were no longer making that extra money.
Fair pay for fair work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TN 37686January 30, 2018
Clock in, have a brief meeting, and then go to work, then leave for the day on time. Work schedules printed a month in advance, the ability to swap days with other workers is allowed as is the ability to request those days off. Con is they force overtime during busy peaks and holidays are hard to request off without prior notice.
The job is demanding and requires you to keep pace with other workers, but the benefits and recognition for hard work is definitely worth the work.
You are a hard worker you will do well here.
Pros
Recognition, benefits, and enjoyable workplace attitude.
Cons
Forced overtime.

Want to know more about HSN?

Ask a question
Worst company ever to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2018
This company is terrible. You are forced to listen to disgusting rude customers and mgmt does nothing. No raises, no incentives and no help... terrible I would never recommend this place to anyone. Management is always changing since people are leaving. They offer no help or incentives at all. They will push you to sell sell sell and do not take anything into account that sometimes the customer just does not want to buy anything else. HSN only cares about sales. That is it! You are forced to listen to customers who talk dirty, sexually explicit things and curse you out all while you are not able to do anything about it. When you bring it up to a sup you are told to deal with it. You also get paid vacation however don't expect to use it when you want. The computer will not approve it unless it is a random non busy day which is hardly ever. During the holidays expect to work 6 days to 5 days a week for 6 hours each day. They keep you right around 30 hours so they do not have to pay out benefits if you are PT. However after the holidays you will be lucky to get 10 hours every 2 weeks since it is slow. They do not care if you can't work that or what you were told during the interview process about hours worked a week. It is a work from home job however it is miserable. You are also scheduled breaks however if a call runs into your break that is your problem. They will not adjust your break at all... so if you do not keep your calls short or during the holidays you more than likely will not be going on break. Meaning you will have to work 5-6 hours straight without a bathroom break.  more... If you take an 'unscheduled ' bathroom break it will be counted against you and will be held against you. HSN does not care if you are pregnant needing to use the bathroom every couple hours... they will make all unscheduled breaks against you. This job is seriously bad for anyones health.. do yourself a favor and do not apply there! It will literally suck the life out of you and break you down. If you are smart.. you would stay away !! HSN only cares about their own pocket and not about any of its employees.  less
Pros
work from home
Cons
No breaks, bad hours, poor mgmt, poor work life, rude customers, rude sups, low pay, no hours after the holidays, max hours during the holidays, working into the late morning.
Can you stressful?
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Okay so the pay and benefits are pretty good, at least for my area. The aspect of working from home is convenient. However, being spoken to like trash from the customer(s) was difficult to hear, being told your stupid and everything else under the sun can get to a person. But I feel the most confidence crushing part of the job comes from management. There's always changes, always "metrics" to meet and when you meet those, they add even more. Your call time is scrutinized, your sales are scrutinized, and the list goes on. It was very difficult for me to be trained as a "customer advocate" and then be told Im to slow, I do to much, your goal is to get them off the phone not to assist in every way possible. I think it takes a certain type of person to do this job and I was not the type.
And just an example, I won 2 contest for selling upsells and was fired 1 day later. Go figure. It was a blessing though.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
they make you into not a very nice person
Awesome place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2018
They actually train you!! They train very heavily and all remotely. They then still coach and hand hold once you are out of training for months. They set goals and follow up with you on progress consistently. Very friendly, open, honest and caring managers and employees. Pay is not very high, but it's s work at home position, so I'm saving on gas and wear and tear on my car. Great culture!! Great place to work!!
Pros
Great training, managers and benefits
Cons
Low pay
This is not relevant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJanuary 27, 2018
This is not relevant to posting my resume. I will not continue to complete this due to lack of relevance. Perhaps if I understood why this was required, but I it isn't.
Need Benefits
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I was never sure of how many hours a day. I am needing full time work with benefits. I enjoyed the back of the line but not the processing. I could not pick up my pace. That was not a good fit.
Long Hours
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Develop the live show execution strategy for respective categories
Produce, refine, and bring to life a product by creating compelling TV presentations
Craft a 360-degree storytelling experience across multiple platforms
Act as the primary liaison between the buying team and the live show team
Play a key role in communicating the on air vision and managing the live show presentation expectations
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Long Hours
Fast-paced yet interesting
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 22, 2018
Answer on average 80-100+ calls in an 8 hour period handling a wide array of customer concerns and needs. I was blessed when I worked here with 2 of the best supervisors I think HSN has. They really looked out for my best interest. The hardest part of my job there was having to disappoint a customer by not being able to always provide them with a resolution to their issue. I enjoyed being able to work form the comfort of my own home as well as most all of our customers and working with different team members and knowing that at the end of a call I had went above and beyond to provide the best customer service possible and that customer was happy ending our call.
Pros
Great benefits including a generous amount of PTO in the first year of employment
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
Fun and easy to learn
Sales Agent Remote/Home (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Seasonal, but fun for a work at home job. 3 weeks training, and then in 2nd week put on phones. Taking orders online and handled various
window tabs.
Pros
Home
Cons
Seasonal
Management is horrible/inconsistent policies and procedures
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 19, 2018
Managers are not concerned with helping you grow, sales managers used for service managers and do not know their job. Management very rarely answers a question, sometimes leaving one wondering if they are even working. Went through three managers in 3 months. Very cut throat on quality reviews, and not received the number of quality reviews we are supposed to. No matter how much you exceed or strive to be better, one slip up and you will be fired, write ups only drop off if your supervisor likes you and wants to pull for you to keep your job.

Their motto "It's Fun Here", must only apply to higher ups. Customers are trained to be horrible customers and cry and get their way. When a call is escalated, the supervisors rarely stand behind what you have been trained to do.

Their phone systems are outdated and it is blamed on your phone provider rather than HSN updating their equipment and systems.

No career here, very few get to stay for the long haul.

Supervisors are HORRIBLE.
Pros
Pto/wages
Cons
Management/inconsistent policies and procedures
fast paced
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Returns Coordinator, Inspected clothing items to make sure they have the proper presentation and packing requirements for the customer. Prepared items

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.