HSN

HSN Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Clearwater FLJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Hsn and When I had personal problem they worked with me. The work day was fun and got to talk to people all around the US.
HSN Employment - Work at Home
HOME - CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Discounts
Cons: Work at Home Representatives have limited ability on moving up within the company
Excellent company with great benefits, discounts and great flexibility. Co-workers and supervisors are great and ready to assist. Typical day is to answer back to back phone calls, provide excellent customer service and resolve any issues with a one call resolution.
Just another Butt in the seat
Fraud investigator (Former Employee), TampaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor Pay, Poor Commute, Expensive Cafeteria, Management doesn't care about their employees. As stated by many other reviews, you are just a butt in a seat and you spend 8 hours in it or else.... Forget restroom breaks, getting coffee, pc crashes. Poor management.
This company cares nothing about work/life balance. Work is solely based on you being in your seat for 8 hours a day. If you dare to take a rest room break get ready to be scolded. You have 6 minutes – more... of personal time outside of breaks to get anything done. Not to mention as a smoker you have to walk 5 minutes away off campus to even get a break. The cafeteria is overpriced and the management cares nothing about workers other than the productivity they show you on a screen 24/7. I had very high hopes for this company based on reviews and years in business, however they do not care if you have car problems, family issues, or anything else that would potentially interfere with normal persons issues. NOT recommended. Poor Pay, Horrible Hours, Terrible commute. I'm still trying to find 1 positive from working there, but I can't seem to do so. Very Sad, and Unfortunate considering they can pay their CEO 15 Million a year and treat their employees as fodder. Shame on you HSN! – less
comfortable work place would like to have cross trained
Reciever (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks and a lunch to rest
Cons: cut hours after over working us
i would clock in and out each day and for lunches.I went either to rework or receiving depending on where i was needed for the day,management wasn't very organized so it was very hectic and made my hours be cut..
It's Fun at HSN
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 40% discount on HSN items.
Cons: There were times that over 20, 000 people were in the que.
HSN was an opportunity for me to focus exclusively on customer service. It was fun to be in the heart of live television. On a typical day I would answer 80 to 100 calls regarding a wide variety of customer – more... services issues. It could be tech support for the web site. Helping people to reset passwords, redeem awards, or set up their online account. To solving the difficult problems of returning damaged, defective, or recalled products. The hardest part of the job was during Christmas when packages were stolen off of peoples porches and not being able to replace them in time for Santa. Or at all, if item was out of stock.
All the while, I had the pleasure of watching the guests and hosts go from one sound stage into another. – less
It was fun there!
Sr, Marketing Manager, Integrated Marketing (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules
Cons: Not enough resources
I worked at HSN for more than 19 years and learned something new every day. It was a fast paced energetic environment that I will miss.
A Day in The Life of a Home Shopper
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
I clock in and I never know what kind of problems will be facing me throughout the day. Since this is a call center environment, the calls come in constantly. I answer them and then determine if they are – more... ordering a new item or if they are calling about questions with an item they have received. We have to be up to date with procedures and products so that we can upsell products. I take orders while also giving the best customer service possible. This is a work at home position. We speak to our manager about once a month. We have to adhere to extremely strict kpi measurements on calls. The hardest part of the job would be that they constantly change the systems. Once you get used to one, they change it again. We have great coworkers. We see each other during a chat app we are allowed to use while we are working, between calls. The most enjoyable aspect has been to wok at home for 6 years. That has begun to take its toll though, – less
great second job
Order Processor and customer service (Former Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great part time job
Cons: could become monopoliiing at times
This was a part time job in addition to a regular 40 hr week job. I work most weeks 16-20 hours. the company was great at being flexable in hours and allowing to sign up for extra hours when a special show was going on.
3 Years In
Internet Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, co-workers, pay
Cons: micromanagement, unwillingness to make real changes to improve service for both employees and customers alike
I was 3 years in when I realized that there was no more movement in the position I was in and I was not able to move to something else that I would be interested in making a career out of. I do miss the people that I worked with, but I honestly do not miss the micromanagement that I found that would hamper the ability to provide TRUE quality customer service.
Productive Warehouse
Clerk (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 25, 2015
I have learned to multi task in many jobs. Met some really wonderful people inside the company and out which has made me a more social person.
productive on the phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 19, 2015
answer inbound calls
to be able to keep my cool with irate customers
management was ok
co workers ok
being patient
meeting new people
Just another call center
Customer Service Hybrid (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K with employee match)
Cons: horrible pay, customers are abusive, policies are not enforced, very difficult to get time off (poor work-life balance)
The job consists of a traditional schedule (5 days-40 hrs a week). Don't be fooled by the fact that HSN is on television; it is simply just another call center that has a high turnover rate because the – more... workload does not match the pitiful pay you will receive. The pay sucks and even though the company offers 120 hours of time off (sick days are included and are not seperate); you go on a waitlist to have days off that 90% of the time don't become available. Long story short they give you the days and then make it impossible for you to take them. Getting ahead has nothing to do with your job performance, but actually who you know. There are people promoted to positions they are not qualified for while employees that would be better suited are passed over. I've seen it happen repeatedly over the years I worked there. The company only cares about making money and allows employees to be verbally abused by the customers that call in. No matter what happens the customer is always right. They will often even overlook their own policies to appease whiny, bratty customers that have learned to abuse the system over the years and you will be expected to do the same. HSN is a horrible corporation. It looks appealing from afar, but don't be fooled you'll basically be a low paid call center rep; just in a prettier building than you're probably used to. The best thing about it were the friends I made while there, but I would never, ever recommend anyone with options to apply here. – less
Worked from home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
A great place to work especially if you want to work from home! I was able to process order for incoming calls from customers and assisted on purchasing items from online.
Long hours , draining, no life outside of work.
Picker (Former Employee), Bonsack, VAJune 14, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Basically I would wake up at 4:30am be at work by 6am work till 6:30pm and get home around 7:30. Hurry up eat and shower go to sleep and do it again the next day. Sometimes I would have to work up to 6 – more... and 7 days in a row like this . I was never off on weekends. Maybe once a month they would schedule us off on a saturday or sunday then turn around and have a meeting and make us work. They made people mandatorily work Easter 12 hours. Basically if you want to have no life then you should work here. lol I mean maybe if the pay was better it might have been worth it. The way I see it if im going to have no life outside of work then the pay needs to be better than $9.25. – less
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 13, 2015
On a typical day there is always something productive you can do.Treating your customers with respect is the key word for the company, it drives the business. As being part of Management I find this – more... work well when we are all on the same page, we communicate in a better way. Co-workers working as a team bring productive and customers to the business. The hardest part of the job is getting multi task done within a certain time. To see the store in well organised and every thing is at visual standard make you feel great. – less
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 10, 2015
No potential for growth. low pay and you must work weekends. Call volume is very intense and the job can get stressful. The hardest part of the job would be keeping your numbers and metrics in good standing each month.
The workplace had a pleasant and helpful atmosphere allowing freedom of ideas to flow readily.
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Holiday meals and birthday celebrations along with rewards.
A typical day at work would be to handle one hundred or so calls as smoothly as possible while presenting the HSN brand in a positive light. Co-workers and management were very helpful. Unfortunately they close their call center in 2014.
Great Team Environment !
Talent Acquisition Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 21, 2015
Serve as an integral part of the recruiting structure at Cornerstone Services. Recruit and conduct all aspects of recruiting for call center and distribution associate positions.

• Develop an understanding – more... of the Cornerstone Core Competencies and utilize tin the interview process and candidate selection.
• Use a proactive approach to identify trends and ensure that the business needs are met.
• Develop in depth level knowledge and understanding of the Business Units that he/she supports.
• Manage multiple tasks, balancing Recruiting needs and reporting
• Provide a positive candidate experience through continuous communication in regards to their status as a potential Cornerstone employee.
• Review the results of pre-screened applicants.
• Conduct behavioral interviews and assessments
• Provide a realistic job preview to qualified applicants.
• Update the applicant tracking system
• Provide regular status updates to management and assist in developing sourcing and recruiting strategies.
• Respond to inquiries from candidates, employees, and business unit managers.
• Provide Recruiting Metrics, i.e.: OTH Report, Status reports, etc. – less
dislike
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2015
dislike this company very much, they lie to their eomployees and customers. id rather not work for this company anymore
Productive, lots of opportunity, if your willing to be patient
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly Co-Workers, Diversity, Opportunity, Fun at times. PTO amount given.
Cons: Scheduling.
Steady job. You would be Iucky if you landed one weekend day off or even a Friday. Started out as a Customer Service Rep and went to Email/Chat shortly after. Within 5 months I was alternating in the Command – more... Center. You learn ALOT about the company in that particular area and it looks good on your resume. Lots of PTO time added after 90 days. Great job security and in/outside discounts. HSN wants you to move up and around but you have to have good reviews and be patient. You also are eligible for decent raises after 6 months, all depends on your reviews. If you can handle back to back or no calls for long periods of time while dealing with angry or talkative customers then this is the job for you! Perfect for you if your in College or are a recent graduate from High School. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About HSN

HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to – Read more

HSN Salaries