HSN Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job! Great Pay!
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 23, 2016
Great place to work. My crew was very pleasant to work with. We worked with different models every week so my communication skills were on point.
Great Company
Sales Representative for HSN (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 21, 2016
I field inbound calls from customers who are placing orders and or have questions about products. I love working at HSN. The management is great and my co-workers are extraordinary people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
time constaints
Really its FUN here
INBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 17, 2016
A great place to work. I enjoyed working form home and having a great support team I could turn to for any questions. The hours are great no matter what shift you are on and the calls stay steady.
Pros
work from home, great pay, great benefits, Fun
Cons
prank callers, customer service calls
Everyone was productive
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 25, 2016
Typical day would be the drive at least an hour to work and learned how to load 53 foot truck with various products and shipped with scanner as well. Co-workers helped out when you behind or your conveyor gets jammed with product to put in truck, trying to fast as you can without help.
Promotions are won not earned!!! Popularity Contest
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 15, 2016
HSN prides itself on hiring employees within the company. You will hear through out training that everyone started taking phone calls and "worked" there way up. Well work your way up means be popular. There is absoulutely no other way to seperate yourself from the pack if everyone works the same hours, get the same amount of phone calls and the same amount of reviwed calls and the only calls they review are the one around 4 mins. You need to be in favor of your supervisor and everyone around you to get a foot anywhere or you will be "shawdowing" for decides. You will constanly see managment huddle in in groups of 3 or more all throughout the day and throughout the call center. Every single day GUARENTEED!! Not only are they talking about how much it would suck to answer the phone allday but they are talking about their team and the people on them BEWARE IF YOU ARE IN BAD WITH ONE YOUR IN BAD WITH THEM ALL.
Pros
Convience Leave- Food on Thanksgiving
Cons
Management, short breaks
Interactive, fast pace, exciting work enviorment
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 14, 2016
Interns and MAs get excellent Training.. It is very fast pace and can be intense if you are not a diligent, passionate and motivated worker. You can run into a celebrity at any point so that can be exciting..
Pros
great training
Cons
very intense
Best Job I ever had
Hybrid Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 31, 2016
I worked for Black Knight when it was LPS. I loved this job excellent benefits and plenty of time off to have a life vacation etc... I was paid well.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
N/A
HSN is where it is at!
Electronics Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2016
HSN was my first job and let me tell you , I didn't know how good I had it. The culture is wonderful and the training and room for advancement are endless. I have nothing but great things to say about my years at HSN. You are lucky if you can get your foot in the door!
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
Low salary
Awesome Company with great opportunities! Great managers who believe in you and do their best for you!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 10, 2016
Awesome place to work and would love to go back!

They really work with you.

Just overall great company to work for!

Great managers who believe in you and do their best for you!
Pros
Just overall great company!
Home Shopping Network
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 10, 2016
HSN is an incredibly innovative company; the original home shopping network. Located in beautiful, sunny, Florida. Fast-paced fun.
HSN was rewardimg to work within the company
Drop Ship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at HSN with good work habits, strong problem skills helps to advance within the company. I thought I was going to retire from there.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
there is no job security there
lots of contest and insentives,got to see a lot of stars good discounts on merchandise, good benifits health, dental and 401k
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 2, 2016
a day consisted of taking customer calls helping to resolve issue taking orders averaging 100 to 120 calls a day in 16 years took over 500,000 phone calls. Learned to deal with upset callers and de-escalate irate customers. Management gave plenty of leeway so we could do what was necessary to help members. Every one I worked with was friendly like a family but unlike a family less strife. Hardest part of the job was listening to people who called because they lonely and just wanted to talk to someone it's hard not to feel sorry for them you don't want to be rude and unfeeling but you have a job to do a can't spend a lot of time listening to their problems. Best part was when you were able to help someone with their problems
Pros
Good insurance and dental onsite medical
Cons
cut back on pay raises
Don't be fooled.
Hybrid Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 23, 2016
After working for the company for over 3 years they fired me based off of unfounded rumors from other employees. Then, they tried to prevent me from getting jobs with other companies after they fired me. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Productive work environment with lots of overtime
picker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Home shopping is a nice place to work as long as you are physically capable of standing for 10-12 hours 6 days a week. The shift leaders are decent, one must try to keep their daily production in positive numbers in order to get incentive pay. Being prompt for work is highly recommended.
Pros
Sometimes free coffeee, snacks, and/or lunch
Cons
Dealing with people who bring their personal problems to work
Overall a decent place to work, could be better if management was trained in developing people.
On Air Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Lacked in leadership and developing employees to move further on in career. Was not very open to ideas and often overlooked employees who worked very hard.
Pros
Great people to work with and at times a fun enviroment
Cons
No work life balance
Great Company to work for
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I've enjoyed working in the creative department at HSN.
Great people and a great company. Small design agency inhouse. Photostudio, copywriters and retouchers on site.
open communication
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I used to work in the call center but now work at home part time. in the call center we would share information with other reps to help each other, now at how, we do that with IM
Pros
benefits to part time people
HSN does not care about anything but the almighty dollar
Work at home rep (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2016
I worked for HSN for 4.5 years. Management is disorganized, uneducated and unavailable. A work-at-home rep is not allowed to talk to anyone in any other dept. - only your supervisor, so it's difficult to get a sense of how the company actually works. For the amount of verbal abuse and pervert calls we receive the pay is low.

Work at home reps are low man on the totem poll making $10/hr while show hosts are making 6 figures. Show hosts only have to talk to "happy" customer and we had to deal with the unhappy, angry, customers. It was fun for about 2 years but you get tired of dealing with their antiquated software which crashes all the time. The pay is not worth the stress.
Pros
You get to work at home
Cons
Bad management, poor sales incentives, unrealistic expectations
If you have endurance to work long hard shifts and need a job, its the job for you!
associate (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNJanuary 11, 2016
We moved to Tennessee and jobs are scarce so I was hired for the 9am to 9 PM shift. If you need a paycheck, its a great temp job but if your there for money or Advancement, don't bother. It's long hours standing on your feet and work is very fast and if you're older like me and out of shape, you will feel like your dying and you will hurt! The people are very nice but management treat you like your working in a sweat shop. Its all about the money, not the employee. They do offer decent benefits and PTO, but that's the incentive since they have low wages. That's how they are able to keep long term employees. The turnover is large due to people either not serious about a job or find better employment. I needed the job, but was blessed when I was able to find another job with better pay and hours. You don't always work 12 hours but you never know when you will get off so there's no way you can make plans. If your young and no home life, its the job for you! I don't regret working at HSN but much happier with my new job!!
Benefits
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts during peak season and difficut to get 40 hours during summer months.
Great Company to Work For
Sales (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 9, 2016
I would answer calls from my own home. I would place sale orders for the clients and answer any questions they may have. However, this job is not for everyone. It can become really stressful during the busy months (July, November, December, January). The staff is very pleasant and considerate of your thoughts.
Pros
Bonuses, work from home, Paid vacations and sick time
Cons
can not make your own hours, have to work weekends and holidays