HSN Employee Reviews in United States

Hard and Unorganized Work
receiving associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Too Much Work Not Enough Money, Very UnOrganized from the Top! I wouldnt call this a real store no label for shelves a true liquidation store!! wanting to be a real retail store!
Productive and fun to work there
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJJanuary 5, 2016
I had a chance to experience and learn things that I hadn't previously.
I enjoyed international Accounts Payable. I managed the accounting Dept. From analyzing entries, Creating purchase orders, reviewing receivables and processing payments. Processed all analysis for year end auditing.
Pros
Excellent Work Life balance. Flexible Hours
Cons
There weren't any cons.
Sales
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 22, 2015
Great company to work for! I work from home as a part-time sales rep. Great supervisors and a well thought out approach to working from home.
Pros
Working from home
Enjoyed job very much.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 9, 2015
Fast paced job. I packed orders placed by members by phone or internet. Enjoyed seeing the new products ordered by members.
Pros
Incentive pay
Fun place to work!
Sales and Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 30, 2015
Great place to work,it really is fun place to work. Discounts was great. Everyone there was really helpful. I love the support staff in every department, The manager was very nice and encouraging. Staffer had many chances to correct any behavior before they were let go. It you was fired from HSN, it's because you did not do your best to correct your behavior. I love the model they go by. Great company, I would recommend HSN. I was able to work at home doing most of my time at HSN, I loved it.
Pros
They always had ways for you to buy their product at a reduce price.
Cons
Pay was not the best.
nice work place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 27, 2015
the job was very easy but at times difficult. the management helps anytime they can and knew their jobs. everyone i worked with was friendly. the hardest part of the job was walking around the warehouse
lots of turn over
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 23, 2015
hsn I thought was a great company at first but when I came ill it was all over from there I worked my butt off for them and they terminated me because I was unable to work for a while per Doctor
Pros
great training
Cons
managment
Hard to deal with customers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  HomeOctober 22, 2015
Hard work life/home balance even though you are home. Late shifts and always worked weekends. Customers were rude and crude and we were expected to just basically deal with it.
Customer Service/Sales Hybrid (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 22, 2015
Nice perks but not much money. Good starter job! Customer service is never easy and being on the phones can be tough. Benefits are expensive.
Fun place to work , excellent company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2015
HSN is a wonderful company yo work for. The people are great and it has provided me with many benefits and advancements.I enjoy working in a competitive environment that challenges me.
Picker
CS Picker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 19, 2015
Good company to work for. Comprehensive benefits package. Advancement opportunities. Hardest part of job was walking for 12 hours
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Physically demanding
HSN is a very good place to work
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 6, 2015
good working conditions and easy advancement. I met a lot of celebrities. the friends I made while I was there were very close and all worked as a team.
Pros
samples
Cons
some of the conditions
Overall a good place to work
Work from Home Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day consists of customers calling wanting to know about the different products being advertised & wanting to place orders.
You will learn various things daily, such as the different products & how to perform.
The management team & co-workers are very friendly & avail to assist in any way that they can.
Werehouse work
NAS (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 28, 2015
long hours walking around filling peoples shipments then restocking the bins. Making sure the items are in the right places if not finding and moving them to the new spot.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
short breaks, long hours
24/7 Live TV selling show
Quality Assurance Evaluator, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2015
It is a very interesting place to work. Constant change. High Pressure, at times. Lots of departments to shadow and possibly work in.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Availability requirements
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 9, 2015
Overall, it was an awesome company to work for. They had a gret benefit package. I learned a lot of the 21 years that I was with the company. Unfortunately, there were a lot of changes that happened and it was time to move on.
Pros
Great people to work with, great benefit package
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNSeptember 9, 2015
This could be a really good place to work. I do not believe however you can do great customer service in 3.00 minutes or less. You as a CS rep are penalized if you go over your AHT time. This is done by trying to resolve customer complaints and find the best outcome for the customer. Management is hostile for the most part. As long as your numbers are good, then you are the best, but if they drop , you drop in the manager's eyes. and you are treated very differently. Managers do not really care what you have to say about anything and if you dare to disagree in a polite way, then you are being argumentative. Also they need to upgrade computer systems and processes to enable employees . You work every holiday with no additional compensation. You are also penalized if your call goes into your break time. You either do without a break or take it and cut your compliance way down.
Pros
Work from home, discounts
Cons
Management, computer systems, unrealistic demands
A Sales Representative's Life
Work-at-Home Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 9, 2015
My shift is from 4pm-12:30am. It consists of sitting for eight hours, fielding calls from customers. These calls may be questions, sales orders, or simple updates to their profiles.

My coworkers are awesome! Although we work from home, we have an instant messenger system that keeps us all in touch. My supervisor is very supportive and encouraging. He's always offering ways to improve our sales.

The hardest part of the job is when people are having a bad day and take it out on you. I'm a very upbeat person so I try not to let it bother me.

The most enjoyable part is when I talk to someone that I feel like I've known for years.
Great Way to Learn The Cable Industry
Marketing Manager - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Great place to learn cable terms and technology. Cable industry suffers often from tough competition making it hard to stay in the game.
Fun and easy
Sales/order taker (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2015
I was able to work from home for this job which was wonderful. Everyone was always super nice and helpful. Good pay and even better employee discount!