HSN Employee Reviews

very stressful, unfriendly environment.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNFebruary 9, 2017
very stressful, unfriendly environment. the people that work there are extreme in manners, that are very poor. there are also a lot of racist issues while i was there. the "team leaders" are lazy and do nothing at all except tell everyone to work more while they sit in their office and ride around on forklifts for looks.
Pros
you can wear shorts and shoes
Cons
lunch, breaks, no metal, even in shoes, people are hard to work with
Poor experience, Company lacks structure and teamwork
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Poor leadership, production lines was always going down. Poor communication between leadership and lower level employees. Company needs more experienced repair department.
Good work environment and high security
Packer/Shipper/Picker/Returns (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 3, 2017
Worked here for about a year it was a great job. Good Money and overtime opportunities. They give back to their employees a lot and have good benefits
Pros
Great pay and opportunitties
Cons
No metal
Micromanaged
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2017
All though HSN provided excellent benefits and programs for their employees, it was extremely micromanaged. It was more than just timed breaks and lunches, it was down to seconds that you were clocked. They did offer wonderful benefits and activities to all employees and tried to make it fun for everyone.
Benefits
Cons
Hours of operation
loved the atmosphere of hsn, would recommend this job to anyone who loves warehouse work!
packed at labeled boxes (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNJanuary 30, 2017
The people at hsn are amazing to work with. It is an environment that keeps busy and people are always there to help each other out. And if you need help and not understand what to do. Someone is always there to answer your questions. The products and items they assemble are very easy to package. Then you put the labels on the boxes. But always make sure that the items match with the receipt. That is a very big deal! If the item does not match you have to make sure you give it to the team leader in charge. Then they will find the problem. I loved working there and would always give them 5 stars because they keep everything organized..there we're some days that we're not busy but always had something to do. You learn something new everyday you work there and learn faster.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
don't have any n
Great
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 24, 2017
good place to work overall. stay to yourself and do the best that you can. great opportunity if someone is looking for stable employment
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33729January 24, 2017
Communication was lacking, emails and phone calls went unanswered. This was frustrating and led to me leaving. I would still recommend.
A fun productive supportive work place with room for growth
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 30, 2016
A typical day in my home office would be to accept inbound catalog orders ( size color quantity promo code) for various brands. Its truly remarkable to observe and learn with the supportive help of mangers co-workers, the inner workings of sales and interactions of an multifaceted catalog company. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything every day!
Pros
work from home
Cons
season slow down
It's okay if your patient
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  At home thDecember 21, 2016
Worked there for over a year, I left for another job. The beginning they butter it up and hold your hand, then it's go time. Any technical issues or any time off the phone you have to enter in an exception or your adherence will be off it must stay at 98% which is basically taking calls when scheduled and breaks. The scheduling is the best part about HSN, u can put in temporary schedule changes or split shifts and they always approve. There is always vto.
The worst part however and it almost outweighs the good are the customers,I've done call centers for 4+ years and never dealt with such aggressive customers. They are old, cenile, over talk you, always behind on flex pays, mad at you because they can't order because they are $5,000 behind in payments. They push credit cards on everyone and they have high interest rates. They have majority of our elderly population in debt. They don't pay you enough to deal with it, they did a $1 raise to $12 right after I left, but Christmas always has overtime and it is hectic, some calls are back to back all shift. You have coachings once a month and there was support but the customers SUCK! Some want you to make things reappear in stock, want you to go over every item on website, or all 100 orders in acct. products are always damaged. It's not worth it. But it's not that bad
Pros
Work at home, schedule
Cons
Customers, recognition
No advancement. No room to breathe.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2016
You don't get any extra time to dilly. You must be on the point at all times. That includes being prompt, hitting every mark on every call like keeping it under 2 mins. Good luck with all that. Once you have learned how they want it done, it will change. The rewards for the sales you make will change. Management sucks. My manager wasn't too bad buy there are horror stories. It's cool to work at home. The benefits are good. But if you can't live up to what they want - pack it up.
Pros
Benefits / WAH
Cons
Expectations are the glass ceiling
Not a great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2016
For the most part the people that work there are like family to you, they are your lifeline. As far as hsn itself your immediate managers (you will get moved around a lot I had 8 over 2 1/2 years) are really nice or really mean their is no in between. They really do not care about you as a person. You are just a number, and just as easily replaceable. I quit, I did not get fired. And yes, I am rehire able but I will not go back. Ever. They screw you over 9n your paycheck, they screw you over on raises, for example, when you get your annual raise they will say it's. 30 and then after you get your .30 raise they will say, we'll we are having to raise our minimum amount paid due to minimum wage raising, but if you are already over that about you will not receive a raise. So you don't actually get your raise, you get nothing for your hard work that you put out, and someone who has been there for a month is getting paid the same hourly as you. They change their policies on everything daily, and don't tell you about half of them. So one month on a quality call you won't get dinged the next month you will. Or you will get dinged but a coworker will not get dinged for the same thing. They play favorites a lot. They will pretend on the outside like it is great, but in reality it sucks. They did pretty much give me the schedule I wanted though. I chose it when I started working there.
Highly motivated company with good work/life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNDecember 13, 2016
HSN is a strongly motivated company that offers very good benefits and financial compensation. The atmosphere is very friendly with everyone treated as an integral part of the company. Salaries and benefits are equal or better than most competition in the area.
Pros
Family environment where everyone feels welcome
Cons
Need of a more structured training program for associates
Doesn't really matter
Freight Rate Analyst (Former Employee) –  LogisticsNovember 28, 2016
The company is leaving my area so I opinion doesn't really matter. While I worked there it was okay. THe management is more concerned with the bottom line than the employees themselves.
Good workplace but has drama
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNNovember 25, 2016
Its a good work place you can't wear any clothes with metal and depending on which part of the warehouse you work at there's drama
Cons
Drama no metal in clothing
My work day
Sales Work At Home (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 22, 2016
I would take inbound calls and place orders for their customers. I would also do small customer service issues. I learned the value of having patience with people a lot more. I loved that I was able to work from home and not have to deal with traffic. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with a system that wasn't always up to par. I can say that even though I've never met any of my co-workers, I have built a lasting friendship with a lot of them.
Pros
Working from home, not having to wake up super early to get to work on time, because of traffic.
Cons
Short breaks, ordering system would lag, and not everyone was always on the same page.
okay work invirment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 15, 2016
job training was very fast past rushed
working for HSN was not for me I was judge my voice wasn't high pitched
teamleaders when it came to screening calls people they liked stayed
loaner
was getting screen
helping customers finding whatever makes them happy
WAH rep
Virginia - WAH Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 9, 2016
Management is lacking and they are not caring about employees only the bottom line. They hold technical issues against you even if it is i beyond your control.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
No advancement and not Management support
Great Company; not much job advancement
Enterprise Operations Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2016
Team meeting - brainstorming sessions

Project meeting (waterfall methodology) to discuss active projects and statuses.

Manage data center activities such as rack and stack, troubleshooting and decommissioning of hardware and appliances.

Monitor servers, network, and applications for 99.9% uptime

Coordinate vendor support

escalate high severity issues to diffeent tier IT groups as needed
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Productive and nice inviornment to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 28, 2016
I was. Tote picking going into halls picking clothing. Items from off the shelf it had to. Be in correct order and put it in the correct tote and put it in the tote for packing but I had to complete the order first before I put it on the line
Pros
Free lunches etc
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Great company great work for
Replenishment Planner (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2016
HSN is a great company to work for. They understand that there is a need for a work/life balance and do fun activities on campus to motivate the employees. Example: bringing puppies from local shelters.
Pros
fun environment and upper management is understanding and works well with their teams
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.