HSN

HSN Employer Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Piney Flats, TNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great work schedule, great benefits
12 hr days 3 days a week
Increased skills as a supervisor
Great amount of time spent on career education
enjoyed co-workers
Very demanding job
New Line of work for me
IT Business Suport Unit Trainer (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 29, 2014
Many interesting challenges for me, but loved it, had to learn a whole new business Management was great staff was awesome

Traveled allot but loved it

Just doing the job was the most enjoyment for me
It's Fun!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 28, 2014
I take calls from all types of customers and enjoy my experience with every one of them! I have learned that putting a smile on someones face and using a positive tone can uplift anyone in this environment. I have worked with many wonderful people in this company! Management does a great job at ensuring that their staff is comfortable and ready for the work day and my coworkers have really helped me through the training process as well. The most difficult part of my job is having to deal with difficult customers, but this has really taught me how to work with the public in a greater way and gives me the chance to bring light to their day. I really just enjoy working with the public and helping everyone who I come into contact with everyday.
This was a fast growing and changing company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: was a fun place to work
Cons: holding sick time against employees
In 1987 through 1989 when I worked for this company we were a small and fairly new company my co-workers and management were fun and kind to work with and for, however as they grew the management became distant from the employees. I was a customer service rep. answering phone calls and assisting customer with their accounts. I also filled in as an operator to take customers orders, the job was fun and I liked the customers and co-workers and management. (although few in numbers) if there was a day that weather conditions were bad or my children or I became sick the company would hold it against me and after so many times of not being able to come to work due to things beyond my control they let me go.
Productive and fun workplace
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 9, 2014
If you enjoy being on the phone for 8 hrs or more, this is the job for you. High volume call center. Great people, room for advancement but not a job for the lazy.
Great place
Managing Director marketing & Customer Experience (Former Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great people, positive, hard workers, work was like family.
HSNs current corporate motto is “Its fun here”, and during my 9 years of employment the motto always held true. Though the motto might sound strange for a corporate office, nevertheless it was fun. Every challenge was met with vigor, and career advancement opportunities were hard to come by, unless, you work hard as I did the advancement to upper management positions were limitless. Truth be told if my division with HSN did not get axed, I’d still be there.
It's fun here...sometimes
Service Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2014
The current corporate motto is "It's fun here" and that's true most of the time. However the rest of the time you release that the people in management only got there by outstaying their welcome in other businesses. If you boss has worked at the company for 20 years and not moved past supervisor or manager there is a good reason.
Work From Home Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: everything else
- Take 80 plus calls per shift from customers regarding issues with orders, flex payments and their account information.
Sales
- AHT (average talk time) is expected to be very very low and therefore, it is actually hard to truly provide customer service.
- Calls are timed and recorded, so the clock is always ticking.
- System is always locking up and it goes against your AHT along with having to be on hold for someone to help with functions that you cannot perform.
- Many times quality scoring done on recorded calls is rude criticism instead of constructive criticism.
- You are told in order to keep your AHT down, you must basically cut out most wording from introduction and closing and simply do the task they call about and offer further assistance, but only pause for a second and then close the call abruptly with as little words as possible.
- Management doesn't listen at all regarding system problems that affect AHT.
Constantly apologizing for order errors from shipping and broken goods.
If calls go over your scheduled break and you take your break it goes against compliance of which you are continually scored on too.
You spend your weeks being stressed out about your AHT scores down to 250 or less, quality scores at 98% and above and making sure to keep your compliance at 98% and above.
You must be like a robot and that is not what the customers want.
Great work environment.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 7, 2014
Meeting production numbers was always our main goal. I learned how to take on a lead position. I worked closely with management to fulfill orders in a timely manner.
Working at home is great!
WAH Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, work/life balance, good benefits for ft, the best training team bar none.
Cons: highly cliquish culture in every department outside of sales/service, virtually impossible to advance or move out of sales, supervisors are hit/miss -you might get a complete sociopath
It's a good place to work if you like dealing with customers and don't mind selling the same things on a 45-60 day rotation. The customers are usually great 10 months out of the year - during the holidays....not so much, but if you can deal with that stress, it's a breeze.

Lots of change constantly going on in some area to keep pace with customer expectations. HSN really does try to be an innovator.

As with any company, there are good things, and bad things, and at HSN, the good definately outweigh the bad.
Exciting work enviroment
OJC/Escalation Team, Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2014
Fun and fast paced.

Not a lot of room for advancement once part of the work at home team
Fast paced
Payroll (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: little room to advance
• Accounting representative responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing
• Agency resources responsibilities include assisting the Agency Division Manager
• 3 years of claims handling experience including adjusting and resolving personal injury claims
Fun and love my discount!
Home Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2014
Pros: work from hom
Cons: must be able to work up to 29 hours, i can only work 24 max
Answer incoming calls from customers who ordered products from HSN, answer questions, upsell products, verify customer information, verify shipping address, quotes rates and charges, interact with customers while placing orders, work from home only interact with co-workers when on site which was about 1 time a month. Can't think of anything that was hard about this job, I enjoyed selling HSN products as they all were of the best quality and being able to put most products on flex pay was wonderful.
Long hours on the phones with disgruntled customers.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 24, 2014
Constantly on phones taking incoming calls for returns, exchanges, personal information changes and sales.
Being productive while helping the client.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 5, 2014
Answering inbound calls, sales/up sells, billing, appointment scheduling. Assisting other representatives with questions, floor walker, escalations or supervisor calls. Interacting with other departments to assure we meet the customer’s needs in a timely manner.
Atomsphere was polite, friendly and fun.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2014
Taking customer orders and assisting them with locating items by phone.
Not the BEST work from home option
Work from Home Sales Representative (Former Employee), TennesseeJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule options, working from home
Cons: lack of motivation through compensation
This job should pay about $10 more per hour. The maximum anyone in sales will make is about 15-17 per hour, and that is only if you are in the top 5% of the company, which I was. The commission structure is very weak, because they don't want you to be high pressure.
Fun as Expected
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2014
I wish i could have stayed longer but the work expectation is great! it wasnt hard at all, but when it came down to it i have a two year old and a daughter so the schedule wasnt that great for me plus weekend and holidays? they werent as understanding on a BUSINESS wise tip about having things beyond your control but personally they were VERY understanding.
Not the best but not the worst
Customer Service Representative Hybrid (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 24, 2014
The management really seems disconnected from the employees but tries to make it seem like they care. My first supervisor was nice but in a fake way and then she ended up screwing me over when it came to me missing work due to a medical issue and she gave me the wrong information and then when I did what she told me to do she denied that she had ever told me that.
Home Shopping Network 1994-1996
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2014
Head Cashier
Responsible for the providing the best level of customer service to the customers.
Perform opening and closing function, cash pulls.
Make changes in orders and deposit according to the policies.
Monitor and maintain the store operational reports for the improvement in the store execution.
Ensure the display areas are organized and clean.
Perform accurate sales transaction according to the cash control policies and procedures.
Help and support store shrink awareness program and provide advice to the management.
Ensure the restock on the sales floor and defective merchandise is properly labeled.

About HSN

HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to – Read more