HSN Employee Reviews

wonderful place great people, stressed environment
Customer Service Hybrid/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLJune 12, 2017
When I worked for this company a few years back I fell in love. The support was wonderful some office politics were present, but overall I loved coming into this job every single day.
Training specialist at phenomenal and the managers in customer care end up being family.
Pros
wonderfull environment
Cons
pay not competitive, short lunches
Normal day to day life
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 8, 2017
My experience as functional and technical resource for large corporations like Oracle, CSC and IBM as well as independent contractor has established me in Oracle's data warehousing, analytic and business intelligence applications. I have extensively worked with various OLTP data sources such as EBS, PeopleSoft and SAP with hands-on experience with Oracle Fusion applications.
Executive Assistant Day to Day
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2017
Typical day includes reviewing emails/phone messages/day events/meetings with my exec each morning and evening.

I have learned to prioritize and organized.
Pros
Free merchandise/great discount/decent management
Cons
No room for growth/no continuing education programs
At Home Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2017
I enjoyed the way they handled the scheduling. Pay was good benefits were awesome. I can complain. other than them being not so understanding when the loa team messes things up.
It's Fun Here
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2017
LOVE working at HSN-- most fun job I have ever had. Laid back and casual work environment with lots of employee perks. Managers are super nice and approachable. Pay is on the lower end of market value, but get resume builder.
Pros
Fun, relaxed environment, lots of employee discounts
Cons
Low pay, not much room for growth unless department has opening.
Watch your back
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Pete Beach, FLMay 31, 2017
There's no praise for work well done, the customer have to record their own messages. If you don't make the click, you can count on a witch hunt. Don't count on this one.
benefits
Cons
management
Great discounts, bad co workers.
Admin Asst to SVP of Beauty & Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 24, 2017
Once my direct report supervisor left the company it became a hostile work environment. The only nice thing about being an HSN employee was the really great discounts you get on their products.
Pros
Great employee discounts on merchandise
Cons
Unprofessional work environment/co workers.
The hardest Part of the Job
SUPERVISOR OF QUALITIY ASSURRANCE (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 18, 2017
. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the Mgmt was making the wrong decisions and we were going to have to redo the work again due to the fact they didn't listen to get the information to make the right decision.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Mgmt not truthful with employess
Accounting
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2017
Typical day is reviewing invoices for payment. Entering invoices for payment. Back up to check matching and scanning invoices into system to be processed.
Excellent company to work for and you can work from home
Customer Service Sales Rep- WAH (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 12, 2017
HSN is an excellent company to work for. They have excellent benes for both FT and PT. There is no other company that will give PT employees 40+ hours up to 120 hours PTO from the 1st yr and increases there after. The management team is wonderful.
Pros
everything
Cons
they changed their bonus program but it was needed due to business needs
There were different areas to work in.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed learning the different positions in the warehouse. I got license to drive heavy machinery. I stayed busy and got to meet a variety of people.
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2017
Home Shopping Network is a wonderful environment to be in. The supervisors are top notch. I clock in, and assist customers with their purchases and/or inquiries. I have learned to handle each customer differently as everyone has a different attitude. Some are friendly, some are frustrated but I handle them all professionally and with respect. I have maintained a good customer to seller relationship. Management at HSN is awesome. They want you to succeed and they are always there to help when called upon. The hardest part about the job in my opinion is trying to keep the customer from going off topic. As in they want to purchase a certain product, but they want to chat about other things. As a business we must find a balance between listening to the customer, comforting them, but do it in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer says something to me like " Thank you John, you were very helpful" or "Thank you John, you are very professional" That lets me know I have done my job and satisfied the customer. That brings me happiness.
Pros
Supervisors are very helpful
Cons
the position is part time.
Safety change
Safety Manager Project Manager / Planner (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 28, 2017
This was a temporary position, at HsN..

Revise / update safety documents.

Educate employees on safety.

Support of the new safety program.

Slow to accept the change in safety.

Get buy in of safety.

Educate employees.
Pros
Developed management skills
Cons
Use of a time clock
Awesome place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 22, 2017
I love working for HSN. This is a job I could work until I retire. The overall environment is great. You are in charge of your future. Lots of positive coaching.
Great comapny to learn from
Live Broadcast Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 21, 2017
I was promoted a number of times in this company. The company is a very established one and the exposure to professionalism is evident. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
great job
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 20, 2017
It was a great place to work and the office management associates were very nice and friendly. It felt like being part of a family. A nice fast paced environment.The day just flew by.
It should be fun and rewarding, but...
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 19, 2017
I have not been recognized with advancement for the work I developed and coached for the sales incentive program. I feel used and not benefiting for more money or advancing position. For all that is said about openness for new ideas, they continue to show favoritism despite time put in or effort.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
age discrimnation
Diversity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYApril 19, 2017
I love diversity and the ability to meet and assist customers to the highest level of satisfactioon. I belive that smiling while helping a customer is one of the best aspects while working.
Pros
Flexible hours/ overtime
Cons
Unreliable teamwork
Management is out of touch
Sr. eCommerce Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 17, 2017
Leadership micromanages and are so out of touch the regular person/customer. They want to make all the decisions but when things don't work they just make their employees the scape goat.

Always cutting people, very stressful place to work.
Pros
Pay is fair for the area
Cons
Micro manager and cut people all the time.
Fun work enviroment, no work to home life balance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2017
The money is decent, however work and home life balance is not there. They require all weekend days and holidays to be worked, even after 4 years of employement, I could not get a single weekend day off.
Pros
People that you work with
Cons
Shift hours and days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.