HTC Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for!
Retail Trainer/ Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJuly 6, 2016
We had flexible schedules, the ability to integrate our own personal style into our training sessions with Corporate Verizon Stores and their staff. Quite a bit of windshield time due to the wide market coverage, however I was able to make it productive by scheduling conference calls, etc. during those times.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Drive time
fascinating and dynamic work environment.
Technical Support Engineer, Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA & Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Working here was a great experience.

 First level technical and software implementation change management support: Provided remote technical/engineering support
 Project management: Initiated and coordinated product development.
 Program management.
Pros
challenges
Cons
traffic
Fun relaxing enviroment
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2015
It was wonderful working there. They were willing to work with my hours. Would gladly go back if I move back up north. My supervisor was very patient and understanding. I've learn so much on the job even though at times it would get a little hectic.
HTC was a very good place to work.
national sales manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 2, 2015
I was allowed my freedom to manage my business accordingly. Management was kind and co-workers had great attitudes. Work hard play hard mentality. I enjoyed my time with HTC
Pros
HTC always though of its employees
Cons
Traveled A lot
Tough Times
Director, Supply Chain Planning (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 2, 2015
HTC is going through quite a transition right now. I hope they are able to turn things around, demonstrate their strengths in innovation, and regrow the business.
Pros
Innovation
Cons
Leadership
It's About the People - Not the Job
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
HTC is the first company I've worked for where the President of the Company knows be my name, knows about my personal life and family, and cares that I feel like part of a team. Though I was a remote employee, I was a part of all of the big weekly office meetings via GoToMeeting, I attended in-person our annual All Hands events. I was also recognized several times for my outstanding contribution to the company. There can be some disconnect at times being a remote employee and the corporate office but everyone at the corporate office are there to give me all of the tools I need. HTC is a company that will not allow themselves to operate beyond their means, a noble and rare trait in a company. With that said, salary compensation can be a bit lower than the competition in some instances.
Pros
Outstanding support among the employees. People first. Job second.
Cons
Compensation is a little lower than some of the competition.
Dynamic, fast-paced environment with great people
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2015
HTC's Seattle office is a great place to work. While at HTC, I had the opportunity to work with some truly fantastic people on some technically exciting and challenging projects.
Pros
Fantastic Management, innovative, challenging work, and great culture
Cons
Job security
I have worked as director of HTC to provide over all leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Juba, South SudanMarch 26, 2015
Normal working days from Monday to Friday, I have learnt HTC skills, I was able to manage all staff under my supervision, we worked as team in HTC department, Lack of leadership that provide enabling environment within institution, we were not paid our salaries in time that affected over all performances of instituion
Pros
Only we have annual bonus which was one month salary according to individual performances
Cons
Staff of the institution were given break during breakfast, lunch and annual leave which was mandatory for any staff.
Productive and l learn a lot
Architectural Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 30, 2014
Gained experience with different assignment project. at HTC
Was a toxic environment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  utica/rome,nyAugust 30, 2014
Supervision here was shaky at best. The environment was not exactly worker friendly.

Want to know more about HTC?

Ask a question
Good work experience
HTC Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDMay 9, 2014
Very interesting program though differents universities.
Productive, Creative place
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2014
It a awesome place. You can work with many talent and creative guys . The only defect is u may have travel to Taiwan frequently.
Pros
happy hour on friday
Diagnois and repair
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
checking up on product, repair and test. Fixing the problem when it came up
challenging
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2013
Huge territories to cover. I liked it.
Drive Drive Drive
Management was good
Co-Workers were great
Traveling
Traveling
Pros
travel perks
Cons
territory size and expectations were unreasonable
Dyanmic environment with very aggressive schedules
Technical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJSeptember 19, 2013
Technical Operations Manager

Technical champion tasked to drive various roadmap platform discussions with respective VzW experts. Topics included VoLTE, EPS 2.0, RAN Enablers, ePDG, 3rd Party IPSec clients, B4/B2 expansion, Carrier Aggregation, eMBMS, and Video Adaptation. Synergistic vendor discussions helped drive successful troubleshooting efforts during various technical trials:
o Led On-Board Diagnostics trials (Ascom & Accuver), Battery Optimization trial (Planar Energy), Wireless Charging trials (Witricity) and ePDG/Wi-Fi Handover FOA (Inside Secure & QCOM).
o Worked extensively with Verizon’s CCF (chipset certification) team leads and was able to save HTC roughly $1Million during our 9615 (Fusion3) development (Droid DNA).
o Supported weekly VoLTE calls and helped facilitate lab testing (Waltham) utilizing HTC core products. Successfully completed the 1st ever live VoLTE call using two HTC Rezounds.

Senior Technical Account Manager

Led a team of Technical Account Managers tasked to submit all HTC products successfully into the VzW test process. TAM Team was responsible for launching numerous iconic devices including the Droid Incredible 2, Droid DNA, Droid Incredible 4G, and the Windows Phone 8X.
o Launched the first 4G LTE handset on the VzW network (HTC Thunderbolt - Mar’11).
o Launched the first Windows Phone 7 with global capabilities (HTC Trophy – May’11).
o Launched the HTC Rezound (Nov’11) which has been integral in VzW VoLTE development.
o Along with other OEM, helped launch the first WP8 device (HTC Windows Phone 8X – Nov’12)
Pros
free phones, great co-workers
Cons
long work hours, unrealistic schedules, email all night
Typical Work Day
Technical Support I (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 24, 2013
Typical work day is based on a ten hour shift where most of the day is spent on the phone dealing with residential customers. There are the occasional days where I speak to more business and wifi customers as well. Typical troubleshooting involves being able to verify if the problem is HTC related. I have to use CMD tools and other basic network troubleshooting skills. Problems range from TCP/IP TO Broken drivers.
Pros
2 fifteen minute breaks, 1 hour lunch, some idle time, 4 day work week
Cons
pay, advancement chances are poor, poor management, poor company ethics
Briants Review
work study (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 7, 2012
I liked the graphics program I really learned the basic of how to keep everything clean and tidy did small project for some of the teachers and got to know therm at first. I liked meeting new people like staff and peers in the program.
Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair smart phones.
Repair Technician, Diagnostics and Assessment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2012
Diagnose and select items according to the failure and problem. Troubleshoot to duplicate the problem and repair it and diagnosed it again until is passed for every test performed.
Write the results in the report and parts replaced indicating the fault found on each part.
Finally, collect all the defective parts and returned to the Parts Department.
Pros
fast fun enviroment, pressure with the benefits of salary.
Cons
no one that i remember, great company.