Hub Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Slow
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2017
To have to sit in my Truck for Hours waiting for work is not good.will never come back to work with this company.i Will not recommend it Will make you go broke.really broke...
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
My experience at Hub Groups been good however, there are still a few dynamics that must change in order to make the company more efficient and appealing to it's future employees.
benefits
Cons
facilities
summary
Director, Technology Delivery/Support (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed 15 years with Hub Group. It's a very challenging work environment however if you like challenge, which I do, then this company is what you are looking for.
It's a job, but i know that as a owner operator i should be making more money
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
Its a great company to begin your career with. Your DM can be your friend ogee your worst enemy. The home time is awesome of you like being home often
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay could be more
Depends What Department You Are In
Intermodal Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 9, 2017
My department was either fast-paced or dead slow.
If you want to get into this industry it is a great company to work for.
The culture could use some change, maybe summer hours or work from home.
Some days I worked the whole time and others I would just sit there all day doing nothing.
Coworkers are great.
Just wasn't the industry or type of job I could see myself doing my whole life.
Excellent Place to work
Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 5, 2017
I learned lot from company. I am happy to work at that company. Management is very good. excellent work culture. Good place to learn new things. Maintains good relationship with employees.
Used to be a pretty descent.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 2, 2017
I am an owner operator based out of Harrisburg PA.I am going on my sixth year there. I am leaving shortly. The only reason I stayed as long is I did was to get home for my children's athletic events. Before they started dispatching out of Chicago it was not too bad. There is a lot of nepotism within the company. I know of two drivers that they pay a $150.00 "empty move" to every day. This costs Hub group $6,000.00 dollars a month. While a lot of times I find myself having to drive for free back and forth to Harrisburg to start work, because they don't have any loads going my way. The driver managers are cranky all the time...rude. The load planners in Chicago have no clue how to plan. Pretty sure they have no idea what a map looks like or now how to use map quest. The turn over is incredible. 500 hundred new drivers since I started there. Hub group would rather keep paying $5,000.00 sign on bonuses to new drivers, rather than keeping the current drivers happy. They say there is all kinds of freight. At least twice a week they only have one load for me to deliver. Ever since comtraks logistics was bought out by Hub group things have slowly gone down hill. I would say they have hit rock bottom at this point.
Pros
Some of the driver managers where pretty cool. will miss them.
Cons
poor pay, low freight
Was a good job...until company went in cost cut mode and shut down my terminal with 2 wks notice
Terminal Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 29, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with the company and thought it would actually be a long term career. However company had one bad financial quarter and went into cost cutting mode. Because of that, they decided to shut down a very profitable terminal (mine) and merge it with another terminal and only gave me 2 weeks to prepare. Was offered a position in the other terminal but that definitely was not feasible since that other terminal was 150 miles away.
Pros
Pay, the people i worked with daily, ability to run your terminal as you saw fit
Cons
too knee jerk reactive style when it came to making major business decisions.
Im a good worker
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austell.gaJune 23, 2017
I'm a good worker. At hub group.have 17 yr in.very exp.have two yrs refrigeration exp.flat be exp.want to get with a good local work.where I can retire.would mind staying out once twice a week
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 break.
Freshman
Logistics Transporter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2017
. Delivery Services and Time Management
. Customer Service Representative
. Evaluate & Consultant of Service between client and Company
- Drive with full Control
Begin every day with the end in mind; Schedule the Big Rocks and let the gravel fall in the cracks..
Director, Collections (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 16, 2017
Daily greeting with team members and asking if they had any needs. Extending help if they needed it through out the day. The one on one time spent was the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job was I couldn't mentor the team as much as I would have liked.

The typical day progresses sometimes with a morning meeting with my manager or the entire management team. There are emails from upper management to be read and a response sent as soon as possible. Review of management reports and certain team reports are done on certain days of the week.

What I learned during my 17 years at Hub Group is that you can't defend other people's weaknesses and you should never try to defend your own. The best course of action is when you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it/immediately.
Pros
Wonderful Holiday Luncheon in December and Family Picnic in August
Cons
CEO did not take the leadership classes provided
Safety 1st environment, every day had a learning and teaching opportunity
Safety Manager / Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 13, 2017
Work daily with drivers, teach them new ways to be safe. Safety messages, one on one coaching every day is a teach and learning opportunity. team work
Pros
working with people that all have the same goal
Cons
90% travel
Usually short staffed
Account Management (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 4, 2017
Work 45-50 per week, at least one Saturday per month also. Short staffed, on emails and phone calls all day, no time to take a lunch. Co-workers are good but job doesn't allow you to even take a break, always busy.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Too many hours
Fun work environment
Accounting Clerk/Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJMay 24, 2017
haven't worked here in a long time and I left just as the economy took a nose dive. But we had reviews and raises every year. We also had great health benefits. I handled collections and it made everyday vary and that kept the job interesting. This is where I learned about handling AP for the first time. I really enjoyed all the research involved when an invoice was disputed.
Pros
Benefits and raises
Family environment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2017
Hub Group is one of the best family environment places that I have worked for in a long time the drivers help one another the driver managers and the terminal manger work hand in hand with the driver to get the most out of your pay check the equipment is new . there are cook outs you are just not a number and a warm body you are treated like a person and with respect ..
Pros
everything
Cons
dusty yard
Downsizing
Highway Carrier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 17, 2017
Nice place to work. No scheduling of breaks. Free lunched often. Lots of causal days with charitable donation. Spacoius office with comfortable chairs.
I would recommend people to work at Hub Group
Regional Sales Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 15, 2017
Over the past 14 years at this company, they have made many changes to continue to push the company forward and be an industry leader. Hub Group is a great place to work.
Great Company
Account Management Spec (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
Learn a lot and have fun, management is supportive. Company lunches, outings and events. Good cross-training. Too many meetings for management sometimes, but overall would recommend to anyone.
Pros
comfortable environment, good people to work with, not too stressful
Cons
weekend shifts
Hub Group
Highway Carrier Specialist and Carrier Management (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2017
Hub Group was a great environment to learn and excel in the transportation business. Management taught me many lessons that I will be able to use all throughout my career.
Lack of communication, Narcissistic environment
Company driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2017
They don't promote company drivers unless they have a bachelor degree in lips planted firmly on the upper managements behind, even then never. While they push most for 14 hour days they allow others or their lip locking pets to milk the clock while hiding around the yard, then expect the freight that's late to be covered by the ones who run their tails off. The management also likes to attach dirogitory nicknames about their drivers and snicker behind their backs, NO RESPECT while piling on extra runs to the point their forced into a layover, then the day starts over till your working 70 hrs in 5 or 6 days...always tired, and can barely keep home in sight. Other then that a truly great job for the best butt kissers, in fact real gravey!
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Rising premiums on good Insurance by 1/3

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub Group. Our community is ready to answer.