Hub International Limited

Hub International Limited Employee Reviews

Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: Your work is appreciated
Cons: None
Great place to work and it was an overall great experience. Co-workers are nice and it is a great environment to work in. I filed documents in storage boxes. Prepared boxes for delivery to the storage location.
Management lacks integrity
Program Representative (Former Employee), ChicagoJune 16, 2015
Pros: Occasional company outings, sometimes food was provided
Cons: Management, compensation is low in relation to workload
When I first got to Hub I was very hopeful for my future there but as time went on I realized how I did not fit in or belong there.

The workload was overwhelming at times not because it was challenging (which is another negative of working here, no real opportunity to enhance your skills) or because clients were rude more times than not, but because of the sheer VOLUME. We were understaffed! And some of the people that were there were so incompetent and lazy that it was like I was the only one working at times.

The work itself, though at times it was too much to handle, was not the worst part about working here; it was the people. My manager was the most biased, passive aggressive, inconsiderate person I had ever encountered. And she was trained by people that possessed those qualities. I attempted to relay my grievances to not only her but to upper management as well about the high volume of the workload, coworkers not pulling their weight, coworkers being habitually tardy (and I'm not talking 5-10 minutes on occasion, I'm talking over 30 minutes to several hours late on a daily basis), complaints from clients about coworkers poor customer service, the tolerance of inefficiency, the unwillingness of upper management to get on board with technology to avoid having to do outdated, time consuming and unnecessary paperwork and problems with our operating systems that get in the way of productivity. I was led to believe these issues would be addressed and they never were during my time there and I've learned that they still haven't been.

Best thing about working here – more... was....leaving to go home for the day. You don't have to take your work home with you. That's the only positive thing I can think of.

I'm being completely honest when I say that I have never experienced a more toxic work environment that what I was in at this company and I honestly don't know how this company is still standing when they treat "select" staff so poorly. If you don't fit the "mold" or if you refuse to accommodate and tolerate inefficiency, disrespect, inconsideration from other coworkers/managers, then you're disposable. Take that as you will. Certain people are getting away with a lot of unethical, inappropriate, unprofessional behavior while people that actually do good work, who are punctual and diligent are being let go over petty technicalities that aren't even enforced upon everyone. If you're good at brown-nosing managers to like you, you're pretty much golden and can get away with just about anything.

I truly believe that the management will be the demise of this company because they are going to continue to lose great people. – less
Good Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Many perks.
Cons: The company is accross the on the south shore.
Since I work in the accounting department my days are spent sitting at my desk most of the day. We work through e-mail and instant messenger most of the time, Our department is fairly quiet for most of the day. I love my co-workers we all work as a unit and support each other. I have learned about the insurance industry, persona, commercial, and benefits but just a small part. The company has perks, we only work 37.50 hours per week, the summer months we get off one half hour early and are paid. We have flex hours, and every Friday morning the company has healthy snacks in the kitchen for all employees. The hardest part of the job is I work on the south shore so my commute is time consuming.
Very busy and productive company
Shared Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Being apart of the IT department you stay very busy and deal with many different personalities. The best part about working in IT is resolving customer's issues and learning new technology.
Unoganized and poor management
Mortgage (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: No comment
Cons: Low Pay
I went to work as a temp it was not organized and everyone seem to not communicate. The pay was less than what it should be for that positon.
Company too big
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Management
If you are looking to work for a large company then this is the place for you. They are not sympathetic to employees who may have personal problems and are not flexible.
Professional and Productive Workplace
Associate Benefit Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
It is a fast paced industry and the company is a fun and professional environment. Co-workers are very helpful and team players. I enjoy the face time working with clients. The company does not micro-manage.
A Place with Many Opportunities
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Within this large company, there were plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Always a challenge; never a dull moment. During the period of mergers and acquisitions, job security could sometimes be in question. However, management was always empathetic and truly cared about their employees.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Long breaks
Cons: short term opportunity
Answer phones, transfer calls to appropriate staff. Check my emails and take care of mail. Greet incoming clients, staff. Schedule Appointments for clients and staff.

Use computer software preparing for word processing, Spreadsheet and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents. Other Administrative duties as assigned.

I have learned the importance of being a team player because it keeps the company in order.

Management and Co-workers were very friendly.

The hardest part of the job was that there was not room for advancement.

The Most enjoyable was being in an environment where people where friendly and always willing to teach willing participants who where eager to learn new things.
I love HUB international
Commercial Lines Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCJanuary 13, 2015
The benefits and pay are great in comparrison to other similar positions.
My days flow smoothly with just enough workload. I am not too overwhelmed to complete tasks required for each client.
The atmosphere is incredible, I look forward to work on Mondays!
Review of my HUB time
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
I have enjoyed being here at HUB. I feel as it is a place that I can grow and better myself. I think that the culture here fits what I was looking for. I have learned that I can get more done in a day than I thought. The hardest part of my job is sometimes getting up in the morning. I truly enjoy what I do.
Poor management, very little training
Finance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
A typical day consists of no help from your boss unless a manager questions why something isn't done. At that point all the blame is on you even though youve done all that you could. The pay was ok, and there were really nice people working for the company however, the department I was on nothing went on but whispering all day and most of the time the boss would chime in and give out personal information about others. very inappropriate. I would recommend the company but not the finance department.
Was a great company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 14, 2014
Pros: work life
Cons: managment
When I first started the Managment was great. It was a learning environment and you were eager to get out there and do your job. Once managment changed everything went down hill.
Hub Review
Account Executive, HUB Northeast (Current Employee), NJJune 26, 2014
Pros: pay, hour lunch, flexible work hours
Cons: no team environment, unfriendly staff, outdated technology
The team I work with is very experienced but very set in their ways and did not make me feel like a member of the team. The office is quiet and dull and the staff is old. Very dated feel to it and technology used is dated as well. My manager was fine but the senior staff was rude and abrasive at time which doesn't make for an enjoyable day. Would not recommend this place to anyone but could just be that I've had a bad experience.
very stable company to work for
IT Site Manager (Current Employee), Missoula, MTMarch 18, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: travel
Responsibility includes day-to-day user support for MT, ID, WY, and ND(300+ users) and regular network design/implementation;
• Personal lines download retrieval and processing of insurance policy information
• Hardware/Software implementation, and maintenance.
• Providing phone/onsite support for a wide variety of problems ranging from configuring software, hardware failures, network failures and network printing issues to name a few.
• Work with vendors on the purchasing and support of business related items.
• Train users in the use of Windows XP/Win7 and Office 2000/2003/2007 products for automation of the Insurance Agencies.
• Provide systems administration on Windows 2003/2008 server Active Directory, Windows 7/XP machines.
• Implementation of VOIP Shoretel system for our user base of 220.
• Provide Setup, maintenance, and support of our Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 farm.
Interesting and fun environment with creative appreciation
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2014
Pros: appreciation lunches
Cons: inconsistent training and procedures
Each day began with reviewing and prioritizing the current work load. We then managed the assignment queues and coordinated with account managers to best service client needs. My co-workers were easily available via instant messaging to assist with questions. I most enjoyed the atmosphere where the company wanted workers to know their work was noticed and appreciated. The most difficult part was entering a new position within the company that had no set training program.
Great insurance broker, have learned a lot.
Assistant Account Manager - Construction Solutions (Current Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 11, 2014
One of the top insurance brokers in the country, have the ability to work with some of the best.
It used to be a great place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Coppell TexasDecember 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: expensive benefits, poor management
I worked for HUB in Coppell for 10 yrs. It used to be a great place to work but has gone downhill the last 3 years. I see the other reviews of this office and none of them are familiar. There wasn't anyone that worked for that department where their spouse had to move. Bogus review? Who knows. Good luck with a manager that actually cares about their employees. They are far and few between. Everyone complains about the office politics but the moment I mention it to upper management about the issues I'm suddenly the only one they know of that is "unhappy". How am I the only one unhappy if the office had a total of 15 employees leave in a little over a year? For an office of 50 those aren't great odds. The extension list got smaller with every revision. Good luck in this position if you apply. They no longer give out yearly raises. They gave up on those 3-4 years ago.
Temporary Position
Mailroom/CSR (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: little to no supervision
Cons: monotonous daily work
Stuff envelopes and run mail through postage machine. I worked directly with the mailroom supervisor, and helped with shipping of products via FedEx and UPS.
productive and professional
Assisant Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: healthcare, fun/relaxed environment, professional, reasonable
Cons: slow work pace, not a lot of work to be done, a lot of down time
Hub International was a wonderful company to work for. The management was incredible and very fair. The work atmosphere was exactly how a corporate place should be. Everyone was friendly, motivated, and successful with what their job entailed. I loved working for Hub. It was a very professional, well rounded company to work for that showed me what corporate world is about. I learned so much by working for them. There was a lot of room for advancement and the benefits were great. They treat their employees very well.
Headquarters