Hub International Limited

Hub International Limited Employee Reviews in United States

Basic
General Service MTA Lead (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 21, 2016
At this point and time, I would rather not post a review in reference to this particular company and its work ethics. There are plenty of issues that need to be addressed there.
Productive and friendly work environment
Financial Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJuly 7, 2016
Working at HUB thought me a lot about financial planning especially in the back end accounting side. My boss, Corey, was especially great to work for and made my time there well worth it.
Loved it here
Accounting Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 22, 2016
work day ended at 4:30 if you came in at 830am.
management was great.
co-workers are amazing, and very helpful.
loved the fact no one micro manages you.
Pros
driving to work
Cons
pay is not so great
Ok Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 9, 2016
It was an ok place to work bassicaly like working in a call center.
Management could use some training. Was an interm job.
Difficult company
Benefits Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 11, 2016
The company has issues with retention and employee morale.
Work overload with long workdays and no time for other things.
Enjoyable place to work
Company Payable Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 17, 2016
Hub has a great culture centered around company growth and production. It is a great environment that provides a great work/life balance.
Stressful and unfullfilling
SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2016
In the 4 years I worked here, there has been at least three management breakdowns and I have been subjected to a hostile work environment. The only thing worth coming to work is my wonderful co-workers. Unfortunately because of the latest management breakdown, morale is low and people are looking to leave. The company's reputation in the industry has been tarnished that the company is having difficulties recruiting employees.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Management issues
Very good
Commission Receivable Accountant NW Region (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 22, 2016
Very friendly and nice to work with the team. Gained lot of knowledge about insurance and brokerage companies. Other than management,people are very good and eager to help each other.
Great experience gained from this job
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day with this employer included working with the public, answering phones, data entry, filing, scanning, emailing underwriters, providing quotes from insurance companies to new and renewing customers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and ordering and managing office supplies. I reported to and corresponded goals and successes daily with our office headquarters. The hardest part of the job was finding affordable rates with adequate coverage for our customers that lived in a protection class 10 or rural area. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Hours 8-4, close to home, benefits
Cons
overnight travel
Love working for HUB
Personal Lines Processor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 17, 2015
I have been with HUB for a very short time, but from what I have seen so far it is a great company to work for. They are very family oriented and tell you that family comes first. They seem to have a very good work environment.
Fun people, stressful environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2015
Hard working and underappreciated people. Work life balance for the most part is good, benefits are not the best. There is a lot of training for things that have nothing to do with your job.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Office politics
Great starter company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Good company to work at as starter company. Yow will gain a lot of knowledge and be able to move on from here. Job security is not that good and raises are not given that often.
Productive and fun
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2015
Younger work place with fun atmosphere. Gave me training at corporate office in Chicago for 3 months all expenses paid. Overall great company and would have stayed if not for my want to move to Florida.
Good pay- Horrible Training and Management
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2015
Hub was one of the worse places I've worked... The pay was good but I did not receive proper training and management was horrible and change every other month...I was there 6 months and changed managers twice... There is too much work with over time only given to the chosen.... There is no written procedures or work instructions and the department/ team didnt want to train new hires... This place sets you up to fail...
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training and horrible management
Great staff, Good benefits
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 12, 2015
HUB international is a really good company to work for, They offer good benefits, knowledgeable staff and management and great working culture and environment.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 27, 2015
Great place to work and it was an overall great experience. Co-workers are nice and it is a great environment to work in. I filed documents in storage boxes. Prepared boxes for delivery to the storage location.
Pros
Your work is appreciated
Management lacks integrity
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 16, 2015
When I first got to Hub I was very hopeful for my future there but as time went on I realized how I did not fit in or belong there.

The workload was overwhelming at times not because it was challenging (which is another negative of working here, no real opportunity to enhance your skills) or because clients were rude more times than not, but because of the sheer VOLUME. We were understaffed! And some of the people that were there were so incompetent and lazy that it was like I was the only one working at times.

The work itself, though at times it was too much to handle, was not the worst part about working here; it was the people. My manager was the most biased, passive aggressive, inconsiderate person I had ever encountered. And she was trained by people that possessed those qualities. I attempted to relay my grievances to not only her but to upper management as well about the high volume of the workload, coworkers not pulling their weight, coworkers being habitually tardy (and I'm not talking 5-10 minutes on occasion, I'm talking over 30 minutes to several hours late on a daily basis), complaints from clients about coworkers poor customer service, the tolerance of inefficiency, the unwillingness of upper management to get on board with technology to avoid having to do outdated, time consuming and unnecessary paperwork and problems with our operating systems that get in the way of productivity. I was led to believe these issues would be addressed and they never were during my time there and I've learned that they still haven't been.

Best thing about working here
  more... was....leaving to go home for the day. You don't have to take your work home with you. That's the only positive thing I can think of.

I'm being completely honest when I say that I have never experienced a more toxic work environment that what I was in at this company and I honestly don't know how this company is still standing when they treat "select" staff so poorly. If you don't fit the "mold" or if you refuse to accommodate and tolerate inefficiency, disrespect, inconsideration from other coworkers/managers, then you're disposable. Take that as you will. Certain people are getting away with a lot of unethical, inappropriate, unprofessional behavior while people that actually do good work, who are punctual and diligent are being let go over petty technicalities that aren't even enforced upon everyone. If you're good at brown-nosing managers to like you, you're pretty much golden and can get away with just about anything.

I truly believe that the management will be the demise of this company because they are going to continue to lose great people.
Pros
Occasional company outings, sometimes food was provided
Cons
Management, compensation is low in relation to workload
Good Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 14, 2015
Since I work in the accounting department my days are spent sitting at my desk most of the day. We work through e-mail and instant messenger most of the time, Our department is fairly quiet for most of the day. I love my co-workers we all work as a unit and support each other. I have learned about the insurance industry, persona, commercial, and benefits but just a small part. The company has perks, we only work 37.50 hours per week, the summer months we get off one half hour early and are paid. We have flex hours, and every Friday morning the company has healthy snacks in the kitchen for all employees. The hardest part of the job is I work on the south shore so my commute is time consuming.
Pros
Many perks.
Cons
The company is accross the on the south shore.
Very busy and productive company
Shared Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Being apart of the IT department you stay very busy and deal with many different personalities. The best part about working in IT is resolving customer's issues and learning new technology.
Unoganized and poor management
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 25, 2015
I went to work as a temp it was not organized and everyone seem to not communicate. The pay was less than what it should be for that positon.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Low Pay

2.9