Hub International Limited

Hub International Limited Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful and unfullfilling
SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2016
In the 4 years I worked here, there has been at least three management breakdowns and I have been subjected to a hostile work environment. The only thing worth coming to work is my wonderful co-workers. Unfortunately because of the latest management breakdown, morale is low and people are looking to leave. The company's reputation in the industry has been tarnished that the company is having difficulties recruiting employees.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Management issues
Great experience gained from this job
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day with this employer included working with the public, answering phones, data entry, filing, scanning, emailing underwriters, providing quotes from insurance companies to new and renewing customers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and ordering and managing office supplies. I reported to and corresponded goals and successes daily with our office headquarters. The hardest part of the job was finding affordable rates with adequate coverage for our customers that lived in a protection class 10 or rural area. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Hours 8-4, close to home, benefits
Cons
overnight travel
Loved it here
Accounting Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 22, 2016
work day ended at 4:30 if you came in at 830am.
management was great.
co-workers are amazing, and very helpful.
loved the fact no one micro manages you.
Pros
driving to work
Cons
pay is not so great
Enjoyable place to work
Company Payable Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 17, 2016
Hub has a great culture centered around company growth and production. It is a great environment that provides a great work/life balance.
Very good
Commission Receivable Accountant NW Region (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 22, 2016
Very friendly and nice to work with the team. Gained lot of knowledge about insurance and brokerage companies. Other than management,people are very good and eager to help each other.
Ok Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 9, 2016
It was an ok place to work bassicaly like working in a call center.
Management could use some training. Was an interm job.
Love working for HUB
Personal Lines Processor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 17, 2015
I have been with HUB for a very short time, but from what I have seen so far it is a great company to work for. They are very family oriented and tell you that family comes first. They seem to have a very good work environment.
Good pay- Horrible Training and Management
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2015
Hub was one of the worse places I've worked... The pay was good but I did not receive proper training and management was horrible and change every other month...I was there 6 months and changed managers twice... There is too much work with over time only given to the chosen.... There is no written procedures or work instructions and the department/ team didnt want to train new hires... This place sets you up to fail...
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training and horrible management
Fun people, stressful environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2015
Hard working and underappreciated people. Work life balance for the most part is good, benefits are not the best. There is a lot of training for things that have nothing to do with your job.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Office politics
Good Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 14, 2015
Since I work in the accounting department my days are spent sitting at my desk most of the day. We work through e-mail and instant messenger most of the time, Our department is fairly quiet for most of the day. I love my co-workers we all work as a unit and support each other. I have learned about the insurance industry, persona, commercial, and benefits but just a small part. The company has perks, we only work 37.50 hours per week, the summer months we get off one half hour early and are paid. We have flex hours, and every Friday morning the company has healthy snacks in the kitchen for all employees. The hardest part of the job is I work on the south shore so my commute is time consuming.
Pros
Many perks.
Cons
The company is accross the on the south shore.
Productive and fun
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2015
Younger work place with fun atmosphere. Gave me training at corporate office in Chicago for 3 months all expenses paid. Overall great company and would have stayed if not for my want to move to Florida.
Great starter company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Good company to work at as starter company. Yow will gain a lot of knowledge and be able to move on from here. Job security is not that good and raises are not given that often.
Great staff, Good benefits
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 12, 2015
HUB international is a really good company to work for, They offer good benefits, knowledgeable staff and management and great working culture and environment.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 27, 2015
Great place to work and it was an overall great experience. Co-workers are nice and it is a great environment to work in. I filed documents in storage boxes. Prepared boxes for delivery to the storage location.
Pros
Your work is appreciated
A Place with Many Opportunities
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Within this large company, there were plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Always a challenge; never a dull moment. During the period of mergers and acquisitions, job security could sometimes be in question. However, management was always empathetic and truly cared about their employees.
Pros
Great Management
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 30, 2015
Answer phones, transfer calls to appropriate staff. Check my emails and take care of mail. Greet incoming clients, staff. Schedule Appointments for clients and staff.

Use computer software preparing for word processing, Spreadsheet and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents. Other Administrative duties as assigned.

I have learned the importance of being a team player because it keeps the company in order.

Management and Co-workers were very friendly.

The hardest part of the job was that there was not room for advancement.

The Most enjoyable was being in an environment where people where friendly and always willing to teach willing participants who where eager to learn new things.
Pros
Free Lunches, Long breaks
Cons
short term opportunity
Very busy and productive company
Shared Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Being apart of the IT department you stay very busy and deal with many different personalities. The best part about working in IT is resolving customer's issues and learning new technology.
Professional and Productive Workplace
Associate Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
It is a fast paced industry and the company is a fun and professional environment. Co-workers are very helpful and team players. I enjoy the face time working with clients. The company does not micro-manage.
Company too big
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 28, 2015
If you are looking to work for a large company then this is the place for you. They are not sympathetic to employees who may have personal problems and are not flexible.
Pros
Salary
Unoganized and poor management
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 25, 2015
I went to work as a temp it was not organized and everyone seem to not communicate. The pay was less than what it should be for that positon.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Low Pay