Hub Pen Company is a leading supplier in the promotional products business supplying imprinted quality writing instruments to its distributors throughout the United States and Canada and has a current need for Accounts Receivable/Collections Representative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the reduction of all accounts receivable aging categories based on prompt,
effective phone collections and customer account reconciliations;
- Work with customer service to resolve customer billing/credit issues.
- Work with Sales reps. to collect from slow paying customers located within their territories.
- Review and recommend disposition of accounts that are delinquent, on credit hold or over their
- Review and release orders for accounts that are negligent on credit hold or over their credit limit
- Implement and monitor payment plans for delinquent customer accounts
- Process account adjustments, bad debt, and write-offs
- Identify and communicate account concerns to management
- Assist to reduce the level of unapplied cash balances; contact customers as needed and
process customer refunds when necessary
- Reconcile Customer Accounts on a consistent basis prior to issuance of monthly dunning
- Field internal and external inquiries regarding receipts and applications of payments for customer
- Work in conjunction with A/R associates to ensure all cash and cash balances are applied to
the proper accounts
- Serve as a back-up processing customer credit card payment requests and ensure that all
processing is done in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements
- Recommend process improvements and enhancements, and notify management of collection
- Other duties may be assigned as business conditions change
- High school diploma or equivalent at minimum (Bachelors or Associates degree preferred)
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, possess absolute integrity, and have experience in the
Accounts Receivable and Collections fields in a high-volume company (no collection agency
- Must have familiarity with automated accounting systems (preferably NetSuite) and MS Office
- Ability to multi task, prioritize work load, and follow through with a sense of urgency.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- 2-4 years prior collection experience required.