Hubbard Construction Employee Reviews

The downward spiral
Operations (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 19, 2016
Difficult to get recognized. Opportunities for advancement limited. Processes and organizational structure lacking. Low morale. Outlook for company's growth not promising. Stringent demands on employees. Noncompetitive salaries.
Pros
Fairly decent health benefits
Cons
Too much work, too little pay
Okay Company to work for
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I liked working for them however, the security of your job with this company was hit or miss.The benefits were okay it was hard to get a raise but I liked the long hours with overtime and seeing new things.
Benefits
Cons
Lay offs without notice
well organized
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
the company was well organized, in the way of management the total scope, safety meetings regularly, health benefits were very good great place to work. work completed on time.
Pros
production
Cons
job ended
Construction
Heavy equipment machine operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Only worked for short period of time. Liked the work but only did the job for short period of time. I would be interested in going to work in this type environment if need be.
Used to be a great place to work.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2016
After Hubbard laid me of in 2010 I realized that all the years of service I put in meant nothing to them. The field supervision isn't what it used to be in the past.
job security
Low boy driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 4, 2016
Hubbard is a great company to work for. There is a lack of security in the longevity of jobs due to contracts ending. Commute locations are unpredictable, travel time and distance to work are uncertain.
bad mgmt & mgmt no edu
office (Former Employee) –  jacksonvilleApril 16, 2015
Started out strong. Was a great company but due to bad field managment and slacker interoffice management the company has gone down fast. Layoffs. They let people go that are good and keep slackers because theyre friends. They only hire friends 75% of the time.No company picnics, no family atmosphere. Work hard get nothing. If youre not one of the good ole boys or the office click you arent treated fairly. Dont go on leave, or maternity leave, management "reorganizes" you put of a position. Once the Eurovia managment stopped being involved the integrity disappeared from how the employees were treated.
Cons
bad managment, .bad workmanship
Great benefits, secure company, good training
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterNovember 13, 2012
Great management, excellent training, more guidance on the forklift, and use saws,drills,hand tools properly. I enjoyed the trade that I learned, company benefits.The hardest part was adverse weather changes.
Pros
seminars, further education
Cons
weather changes, short breaks
hubbard is a great place to work .
MOT Technician (Current Employee) –  south florida divisonOctober 4, 2015
hubbard is a great place to work for.it can get very physical I enjoyed most of the people that I worked with ive learned a lot with MOT.
Commercial and residential construction and landscaping
Leader (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 30, 2015
I learned basically how to remodel/renovate a house. My manager was the owner and only about 5 to 7 workers. We all got along. Cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. It was enjoyable building and constructing many different types of housing projects.
Good strong company
Roller Operator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 5, 2013
This is not a place for people who do not feel like doing physical labor. Great company to work for if you like doing construction. I was able to advance very quickly. Thier payscale is very fair.
Pros
good pay, room for advancement.
an excellent company with great management and team values
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 15, 2012
This company is very employee oriented and works hard to make their employees feel valued and worthy. While the economy has taken its toll on its bottom line, the company has worked hard to keep has many employees has possible and worked dilligently to obtain work where possible.
Pros
monthly appreciation luncheons.
Cons
loosing cherished co workers to the economic downturn of the construction job market
Boss likes to sleep late
Carpenter/Installer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TexasMarch 25, 2013
instaling tyle
the proper way to install tyle
the boss was a nice guy
there were no coworkers
the hard part would be carring the tyle
I enjoyed the fact that most of the time the boss bought lunch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working late and starting late

2.8