Hubbell, Inc.

Hubbell, Inc. Employer Reviews

JUST ANOTHER HEAD COUNT
SALES REP (Former Employee), USASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: reports-reports on reports and more reprts
WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR NEARLY 20 YEARS. CORP MANAGEMENT ARE LIKE JELLYFISH AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO STING OR SLIME YOU!

SOME OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT ARE NOW RETIRING AND I HOPE THEY SPEND THEIR RETIREMENT YEARS THINKING ABOUT HOW THE TREATED THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED THEIR EFFORTS SO THEY CAN LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE.

I HOPE KARMA – more... IS REAL AND PERHAPS THEY WILL FEEL THE STING OR EVEN BAD HEALTH!!! – less
Typical day at work
Material Handler and Back up lead (Former Employee), Arden, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with a great bunch of people.
Cons: working with a very difficult lead
Checking in with my Leads to see what needs to be done for the day. Inspecting forklift and any other equipment that I was using for that day. Communicating with my fellow co-workers. Getting the job done.
very hot
Foundry Worker (Former Employee), Leeds, ALAugust 13, 2014
I was harassed most of the day by my supervisor about going to the restroom. I learned to keep my mouth closed because at the end of the day the employee was always wrong when it came to Hubbell. I had amazing coworkers who kept me smiling regardless to what I was going through there. the hardest part of the job was dealing with management. the most – more... enjoyable was meeting some great coworkers whom I miss so much – less
Difficult Place to Work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, health insurance, management sucks
Manual labor running machine, standing up with short breaks and harsh work conditions.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 1, 2014
I loved working for this company i learned alot about diffrent machines, people were great and pay was good
Big Company with Long History
Electronic Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Shelton, CTApril 14, 2014
Hubbell has been good to me as my first company to work for out of college. I have had good luck moving up but only because of constant pressure on management and outstanding job performance. As a large company mobility can be slow and adaptation of new processes take some time. Overall Hubbell is a good company to work for that provides good benefits – more... to its employees. – less
Rewarding work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), LeRoy, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: head in the sand on-site managers.
Busy ever changing challenging days working in a union environment. Most people were very nice and appreciated quick turn around to their questions.
overall good company with fast advancement
Foundry Specialist (Current Employee), Leeds ALApril 5, 2014
really enjoyed my time there lots of long days plenty of hours per week
Sweat shop
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything else
Was not a good working that promoted team work or safety. There was no willingness to help employees in or outside work. This company only worried about how much they spent and made, and did everything possible to save money even when safety was involved.
Extremely Lean Manufacturing Enviornment
Continuos Improvement Engineer/Supervisor (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 14, 2014
Hubbell is a company that is very lean, especially in the Aiken area. And they take pursuing minute gains very seriously. I learned much at Hubbell, since it was my first job out of college. It was a very "trial by fire" experience. My co-workers are great, and very knowledgeable and helpful. Management, in its pursuit of improvement from a 91% index, – more... expects a lot of its employees. In the process of getting what management seeks, they sometimes leave a sour aftertaste. It is for this reason that my particular department has an unusually high turnover rate for salaried employees. – less
terrible
it (Former Employee), vaDecember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Worst job in history...One of my Co - workers slept with the boss and was promoted.
Productive Workplace
Kilm Operator (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime and holiday pay
Cons: must be able to withstand extreme temperatures
Energy efficient company....Extreme heat in the kilm.....friendly management...company layoffs due to overspending in the facility
Really good place to work
Machine operator/Inspection (Former Employee), Aiken, SCNovember 12, 2013
I also loved working here. I kick myself for leaving this job. I worked here twice. The first time I worked here was from 1999 - 2002. i got laid off the first time but they thought so much of me they got me back in the door again. i was going through some personal stuff and was stressed out. i didnt feel like was performing up to par so i resigned. – more... Really good management and good benefits. – less
Good school to learn
SAP MM Consultant (Former Employee), Newtown, CTNovember 6, 2013
I have had a great time there, I got chance to exchange my knowledge with it's employees almost on daily basis.
Never felt like I'm an outsider working as a Consultant.
Agreat place to work for
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Leeds, ALOctober 14, 2013
All the employers have been great places to work for they provided me with employment so I could take care of my family and myself. I feel that my skills have improved over the years.
Favoritism in the warehouse
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Centralia, MOOctober 12, 2013
Pros: some of the co-workers showed real teamwork
Cons: union provided very little protection to new and older employees
Supervisor had difficulty remembering aspects of his job.
Showed favoritism causing hostile work environment
Human Resource personnel not helpful in several situations
I enjoy the complex and structured environment.
Supervisor / Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Leeds, ALSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: training new employees
Cons: long twelve hour work days and working every saturday.
We begin the day with a short 15 min. Safety huddle.
We begin production at 4:15 am. Work is set up from the previous day. The remainder of the day consists of scheduling the departments, Monitoring the output of the molding areas, evaluating scrap, Training and mentoring the employees in eight separate molding areas. Monitoring the sand systems.

I – more... have learned a great deal about non ferrous metals and the workforce what drives them and what slows their production.

My coworkers are great people willing to lend a hand whenever it is needed.

The hardest part of my job is relining induction furnaces.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work along side my employees. – less
Unhealthy working conditions
Sweatshop worker (Current Employee), Centralia, MOAugust 26, 2013
Pros: it beats p90x
Cons: a minor ibuprofen addiction
If you are doing research on how it was to work in a factory in the early twentieth century, this is the place to work. The Centralia, MO plant is working out of a one hundred year old building in which not much has been done to udate it. There is little to no air circulation and no exhaust fans. Be prepared to blow black stuff out of your sinuses all – more... weekend long. You get one ten minute break and a thirty minute lunch. (This might be better than back in the day) For the most part this is back breaking labor. There will be days when you personnally will move 8 tons of steel by hand. This is not so bad but considering that if it is 90 degrees outside, it is over one hundred inside. There are work stations that have had temperatures above 130 degrees. They do have antiquated fans at each station that blow hot air at you, if that is any relief. You don't even get much of that since you are in constant motion. Several employees have passed out, yet nothing has been done. It is nice on break when you can walk out into ninety degree weather to cool down. If you start in June, be prepared that you will not get a vacation or sick day for a year and a half. Then it is only 5 vacation days.
There are two redeeming factors of this job. One, the factory workers are very nice and helpful. When starting out they will gladly drop what they are doing to help you out. And most of the time, you don't even have to ask. They keep an eye out for you. Two, the pay is pretty good considering it isn't rocket science. Then again, there would be no way that they could keep anybody there for more than a week if it wasn't above average.
So, if you are looking to lose around twenty pounds your first year and eat ibuprofen for breakfast, this is the job for you. – less
Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Newtown CT.06470August 12, 2013
In charge of all facility actives as well as outside contactors and production actives
Average (former Employee)
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 20, 2013
Co-workers are great to work with but a very difficult corporate environment to work with.

About Hubbell, Inc.

Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential – Read more