Hubbell, Inc. Employee Reviews

Project manager
project manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 11, 2015
Great company with great career opportunities. Good training and a chance for overtime. Great coworkers. Family oriented.
Typical manufacturing
engineer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 8, 2015
No work life balance if you're on the production side of the facility. Expected to drop everything and come in if needed on your days off.
Great opportunity to grow, high margin business.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 27, 2015
Very independent position, responsible for all offshore contract manufacturing.
Frequent but reasonable travel.
Strong margins made capital equipment available for production capability and cost reduction implementation.
Good Engineering partnership.
Pros
No micromanagement. Good delegation of authority and responsibility.
Great conpany to work for.
Senior Principal Engineer-Lean/Six Sigma/Quality (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 7, 2015
Management takes care employees for training and career development; Good pay and benefit; Very good working relationship between colleagues and management.
ok place to work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PASeptember 3, 2015
gained a lot of knowledge over the course of the years and worked with a great group of people. My current supervisor was beyond anyone I could ever have worked with and showed me what I was capable of and very respectful.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare policies
This place doesnt take care of there workers....
ASO (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 11, 2015
This place sucks... They treat everybody like kids, and it is worse than prison. You never know what hours you will work. The supervisors don't even know what they are doing.
No growth oportunites
Molding TPM project leader (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJuly 8, 2015
Every day had to reconnect the closed loops recycling systems. I learned how to interact with vendors. Management did not have the will to implement discipline to the workers. The vast majority of my co-workers wanted to do the least amount of work possible. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with un-disciplined and ungrateful employees.
Very stable company
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Leeds, AlJune 26, 2015
The company has been around for a long time. Constantly bringing in or acquiring new companies to build the brand. The workforce is it's most valuable asset.
Production work
Trainer / Assembler / Backup Lead and Traffic (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJune 22, 2015
Production work with a lot of over time and good pay. Out standing training and co workers. Room to move up within company.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No fault point system
Lots of business, good benefits
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALJune 15, 2015
Good company to work for. Stayed busy all day, planning and scheduling factory floor and scheduling ship dates on sales orders. Management was in the background, and not approachable.
Pros
Good location in a small city
Cons
Wanted workers to put in infinite number of hours.
Unethical and unorganized
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2015
Employees are treated as slaves. There is no praise of hard work and effort but they are very quick to punish you for even having a cough drop in your work area. Management is a complete mess!!
Pros
the pay
Cons
Treatment of employees
Welder (Former Employee) –  Centralia, MOMarch 1, 2015
Production welding, no harassment, stayed busy and allowed to make a product in organized environment. Everybody got along with one another.
Pros
good wage, enjoyed welding.
Cons
layoffs, orders not constant.
Excellent company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 20, 2015
I'm learning so much regarding the pension plans. My manager and co-workers are terrific to work with.
Awful Place to work!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 6, 2014
This was absolutely the worst job I have ever had. The management at this place treats their employees awful. They only care about how much work they can get out of the employees. They don't talk to the employee's with respect. You are just a number at Hubbell Power Systems.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Laid off twice
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centralia, MODecember 6, 2014
I would think twice before working for this company. Every time the stock price drops, the company begins another round of layoffs. Every October 1st was viewed as a time to begin layoffs in the office and then moving into the factory for additional layoffs. This is a cutthroat company that only has the bottom line in sight. I worked there the first 5 years as a regular employee, got caught up in an October round of layoffs and was called back as a contractor over a year later, only to be terminated once again in a January 2nd round of "we are not renewing any contracts for our own contractors".

Again, think twice!!!
Pros
it was a job while it lasted.
Cons
management style, too many layoffs living under chopping block
Productive and Family Friendly Environment
Welder/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time here and learned a lot about electrical/welding work.
JUST ANOTHER HEAD COUNT
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 22, 2014
WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR NEARLY 20 YEARS. CORP MANAGEMENT ARE LIKE JELLYFISH AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO STING OR SLIME YOU!

SOME OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT ARE NOW RETIRING AND I HOPE THEY SPEND THEIR RETIREMENT YEARS THINKING ABOUT HOW THE TREATED THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED THEIR EFFORTS SO THEY CAN LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE.

I HOPE KARMA IS REAL AND PERHAPS THEY WILL FEEL THE STING OR EVEN BAD HEALTH!!!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
reports-reports on reports and more reprts
Typical day at work
Material Handler and Back up lead (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Checking in with my Leads to see what needs to be done for the day. Inspecting forklift and any other equipment that I was using for that day. Communicating with my fellow co-workers. Getting the job done.
Pros
working with a great bunch of people.
Cons
working with a very difficult lead
very hot
Foundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 13, 2014
I was harassed most of the day by my supervisor about going to the restroom. I learned to keep my mouth closed because at the end of the day the employee was always wrong when it came to Hubbell. I had amazing coworkers who kept me smiling regardless to what I was going through there. the hardest part of the job was dealing with management. the most enjoyable was meeting some great coworkers whom I miss so much
Difficult Place to Work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 2, 2014
Manual labor running machine, standing up with short breaks and harsh work conditions.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks, health insurance, management sucks