Hubbell, Inc.

Hubbell, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJanuary 20, 2015
I'm learning so much regarding the pension plans. My manager and co-workers are terrific to work with.
Awful Place to work!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
This was absolutely the worst job I have ever had. The management at this place treats their employees awful. They only care about how much work they can get out of the employees. They don't talk to the employee's with respect. You are just a number at Hubbell Power Systems.
Laid off twice
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Centralia, MODecember 6, 2014
Pros: it was a job while it lasted.
Cons: management style, too many layoffs living under chopping block
I would think twice before working for this company. Every time the stock price drops, the company begins another round of layoffs. Every October 1st was viewed as a time to begin layoffs in the office and then moving into the factory for additional layoffs. This is a cutthroat company that only has the bottom line in sight. I worked there the first 5 years as a regular employee, got caught up in an October round of layoffs and was called back as a contractor over a year later, only to be terminated once again in a January 2nd round of "we are not renewing any contracts for our own contractors".

Again, think twice!!!
Productive and Family Friendly Environment
Welder/Rigger (Former Employee), Leeds, ALNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time here and learned a lot about electrical/welding work.
JUST ANOTHER HEAD COUNT
SALES REP (Former Employee), USASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: reports-reports on reports and more reprts
WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR NEARLY 20 YEARS. CORP MANAGEMENT ARE LIKE JELLYFISH AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO STING OR SLIME YOU!

SOME OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT ARE NOW RETIRING AND I HOPE THEY SPEND THEIR RETIREMENT YEARS THINKING ABOUT HOW THE TREATED THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED THEIR EFFORTS SO THEY CAN LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE.

I HOPE KARMA IS REAL AND PERHAPS THEY WILL FEEL THE STING OR EVEN BAD HEALTH!!!
Typical day at work
Material Handler and Back up lead (Former Employee), Arden, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with a great bunch of people.
Cons: working with a very difficult lead
Checking in with my Leads to see what needs to be done for the day. Inspecting forklift and any other equipment that I was using for that day. Communicating with my fellow co-workers. Getting the job done.
very hot
Foundry Worker (Former Employee), Leeds, ALAugust 13, 2014
I was harassed most of the day by my supervisor about going to the restroom. I learned to keep my mouth closed because at the end of the day the employee was always wrong when it came to Hubbell. I had amazing coworkers who kept me smiling regardless to what I was going through there. the hardest part of the job was dealing with management. the most enjoyable was meeting some great coworkers whom I miss so much
Difficult Place to Work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, health insurance, management sucks
Manual labor running machine, standing up with short breaks and harsh work conditions.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 1, 2014
I loved working for this company i learned alot about diffrent machines, people were great and pay was good
Big Company with Long History
Electronic Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Shelton, CTApril 14, 2014
Hubbell has been good to me as my first company to work for out of college. I have had good luck moving up but only because of constant pressure on management and outstanding job performance. As a large company mobility can be slow and adaptation of new processes take some time. Overall Hubbell is a good company to work for that provides good benefits to its employees.
Rewarding work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), LeRoy, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: head in the sand on-site managers.
Busy ever changing challenging days working in a union environment. Most people were very nice and appreciated quick turn around to their questions.
overall good company with fast advancement
Foundry Specialist (Current Employee), Leeds ALApril 5, 2014
really enjoyed my time there lots of long days plenty of hours per week
Sweat shop
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything else
Was not a good working that promoted team work or safety. There was no willingness to help employees in or outside work. This company only worried about how much they spent and made, and did everything possible to save money even when safety was involved.
Extremely Lean Manufacturing Enviornment
Continuos Improvement Engineer/Supervisor (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 14, 2014
Hubbell is a company that is very lean, especially in the Aiken area. And they take pursuing minute gains very seriously. I learned much at Hubbell, since it was my first job out of college. It was a very "trial by fire" experience. My co-workers are great, and very knowledgeable and helpful. Management, in its pursuit of improvement from a 91% index, expects a lot of its employees. In the process of getting what management seeks, they sometimes leave a sour aftertaste. It is for this reason that my particular department has an unusually high turnover rate for salaried employees.
terrible
it (Former Employee), vaDecember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Worst job in history...One of my Co - workers slept with the boss and was promoted.
Productive Workplace
Kilm Operator (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime and holiday pay
Cons: must be able to withstand extreme temperatures
Energy efficient company....Extreme heat in the kilm.....friendly management...company layoffs due to overspending in the facility
Really good place to work
Machine operator/Inspection (Former Employee), Aiken, SCNovember 12, 2013
I also loved working here. I kick myself for leaving this job. I worked here twice. The first time I worked here was from 1999 - 2002. i got laid off the first time but they thought so much of me they got me back in the door again. i was going through some personal stuff and was stressed out. i didnt feel like was performing up to par so i resigned. Really good management and good benefits.
Good school to learn
SAP MM Consultant (Former Employee), Newtown, CTNovember 6, 2013
I have had a great time there, I got chance to exchange my knowledge with it's employees almost on daily basis.
Never felt like I'm an outsider working as a Consultant.
Agreat place to work for
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Leeds, ALOctober 14, 2013
All the employers have been great places to work for they provided me with employment so I could take care of my family and myself. I feel that my skills have improved over the years.
Favoritism in the warehouse
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Centralia, MOOctober 12, 2013
Pros: some of the co-workers showed real teamwork
Cons: union provided very little protection to new and older employees
Supervisor had difficulty remembering aspects of his job.
Showed favoritism causing hostile work environment
Human Resource personnel not helpful in several situations

About Hubbell, Inc.

Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential – Read more

Hubbell, Inc. Salaries