Hubbell, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive Working Environment
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALDecember 6, 2017
As a co-op, all engineers I worked with were very helpful in making sure my time there was a valuable learning experience. All the engineers knew their business and were very open to sharing their knowledge.
Pros
Productive Environment
Fast paced and varied.
Director Projector Management (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 5, 2017
Company culture provided many opportunities for advancement as well as training. I was able to grow personally as well as professionally. Management provided opportunities to become immersed in different aspects of the business.
Pros
Self paced work
Cons
Frequent shortening of time lines
Corporate
Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 29, 2017
Long tenured employees. Highly skilled and specialized. Office environment is collaborative and respectful. Career progression is encouraged within some divisions.
If you can help yourself please stay away.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Winsted, CTOctober 24, 2017
Don't work for this company unless you have no other choice. This place is so slowpaced. They bring in temps to increase the workload but they rarely have jobs for you to do. The people who work here are all two faced and will throw the blame your way. Training is very slow and honestly a lot of people here have bad attitudes to begin with. The attendance policy here is atrocious. Also you get paid every two weeks after you're hired. The winsted company works with a staffing agency that requires a long drive out of town and honestly is one of the worst agencies I've ever worked with. Do not work for this company.
Cons
In most cases, can be a very good company to work for
Fabricator, Welder, Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 17, 2017
Typically a good company to work for. Very competitive benefit packages and somewhat competitive pay. In our case, the plant relocated to Alabama and shut down. Lots of good people with experience and knowledge lost their jobs. Hubbell doesn't know what they are losing.
Great plcae to work!
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. I would recommend to someone who wanted to come here. The people are the best asset of the company and it is one of the things that keeps me coming to work everyday.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Upward mobility is stagnant
very fast work expation,great coworkers, formans come and go
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 14, 2017
My pay checks look great but have no time at home to me its not worth that (50-60 hours per week) co-workers are helpful and friendly but supervisors do not have a clue. If you like a lot of hours at work and heavy fast pace then this is the place for you
Pros
nice pay. co-workers
Cons
short breaks, long hours, a lot of weekends (Sat .AND Sun.)
Solid employer with great benefits.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNOctober 9, 2017
Company cares about its employees and are always brainstorming ways to benefit them. Managers are understanding and good teachers. You waork hard but the payoff is worth it.
A place you will learn to hate.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton NHSeptember 24, 2017
I worked at Burndy LLC 5+ years in Littleton, NH. I can say pay and compensation are ok. However, that being said this is the most poorly managed company I have every worked for The supervisors wander around advising you on how to do your job, and they don't have the a clue on how your machine operates, but they will not listen to someone who has been doing the job and running this machine for years. Your input doesn't matter. They want numbers not quality.
Pros
Feels so good when you leave at the end of your shift.
Cons
Starting your shift.
Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHSeptember 23, 2017
Worked 32years there,worked hard but company was fair and lots of good people..manager was even good.
Miss working there..
We shipped tools around the world,we connected the world with power.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Very busy, stressed many times
Terrible management
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky MountSeptember 22, 2017
Management treats hourly employees like 2nd class citizens. There is no support for an hourly employee from the plant manager. There is aggressive management, micro managing, threats of termination, and verbal aggression from Supervisors. The managers/supervisors attitude is "Do as i say, not as i do". There is very low moral at the Rocky Mount plant but there are a lot of employees there that are working to support their families and can t afford to leave but feel they will get no help or support from upper management or human resources. They will ALWAYS side with manager/supervisor. An hourly employee doesn't stand a chance at the Rocky Mount plant.
Pros
Worst place ever, emotionally destructive..
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 30, 2017
I worked at Hubbell burndy nearly ten years. Tried everything to advance, produced in the top 2 for years. Pulling teeth for a raise, everybody got systematic raises even those who did 1/3 the workload. Harassed, put down, embarrassed (everyone) daily by alcoholic manager with small man complex. Management was clueless, discriminatory, petty and did not take the most logical of ideas from employees. Hurt my back severely and was out of work and they tried to fire me. How they received a "best place to work" award is beyond me.
Pros
401k, profitsharing
Cons
Your a number, not a person
Good corporate place to work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
The company has a culture of safety and constant improvement. Employees are asked to participate in Kaizen events to identify company / department Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Management pushes a ONE HUBBELL mentality to encourage the many business units to work together towards common goals.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
established company with many opportunities for advancement
Fargo Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working for hubbell are the many opportunities for advancement and variety of jobs and products available in the company. Working with a company as big as hubbell you have opportunity the work in many different fields from manufacturing of power line parts to the finished end of the power spectrum such as electrical outlets and plugs. I feel safe in the job field working with this company and its direction for the future.
Pros
college reimbursement program and many opportunities for advancement
A great place to learn and develop skills for the future.
Executive Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2017
A great opportunity to learn about the transmission and distribution manufacturing processes. In addition, serving the customer (end user) through day to day challenges as well as major storm restoration situations.

The development of new product solutions is another benefit for working for this company. Hubbell has always been the leader in new product development for the industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the customer and having the backing from Hubbell to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Very poorly managed, no vision
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 10, 2017
The company has poor management in aiken, there is no vision or drive for the long haul. The priorities and projects change daily and the operation is essentially run by the village idiot.
Pros
non
Cons
BUD is a bit of a wan-ker
Great place to work no life balance
Caster and material handler (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work, really great environment great pay. There is almost no chance of having a life apart from the weekend. Other than that would recomend this job for anyone
Cons
No life after work
Change is violent but needed at this company
DownStacker forklift driver assembly lead trainer (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 27, 2017
I have almost 5 years in servitude and while I have been allowed the great experience of moving around on the floor learning new things, any attempt to climb higher then laborer is met with crushing blows of disausion from every level of the management team.
The environment has been regulated to a profit over proficiency, quantity over quality, toxic set up. I keep for the future........
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
Kill yourself to get the check
Productive workplace with good people.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Centralia, MOJuly 25, 2017
I liked the management and co-workers. The only negative thing was the job security. They were constantly firing and hiring people. It was work that i enjoyed but the security wasnt reliable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Job security.
Great company
Packe r (Former Employee) –  Arden ncJuly 23, 2017
This is a great company but has poor managers in certain areas. I truly enjoyed working there but there were some people that I feel the company should look i nto more and it would handle a lot of issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hubbell, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9