HubSpot Employee Reviews

Great place IF you are working perm.
Inbound Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 19, 2017
Great workplace however if you are temp isnt worth the stress. I feel it could have been planned better with a more secure feeling however overall a cool place to work.
Great Place, Awesome Sales Training
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 1, 2017
Worked at HubSpot for 2.5 years as a Sales Rep in the Value Added Reseller Segment where we help marketing agencies sell inbound services to clients. HubSpot offers really great training, an awesome work environment, and a whole host of in-office perks that are unparalleled with that of any other company i've ever worked at.
Pros
training, coaching
Cons
cut throat
Sales team feels a bit like a fraternity
Entry-level Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2017
HubSpot deserves its reputation for being a fun and exciting place to work. Everybody there is young, hungry, and proud to be there. However, working in Sales, I began to feel frustrated with the culture--it felt like a fraternity. There was heavy drinking, not only on weekend nights but on many evenings, which led to a blending of work and personal life that made me uncomfortable. However, beyond Sales, I believe HubSpot to be more tame and balanced in its culture. It certainly has good perks and is an exciting place to work.
Pros
Free food; exciting culture; dog-friendly office; beautiful location
Cons
Pressure to work overtime; heavy drinking; extremely young managers
Just okay
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2017
Just okay. A little large, overrun with middle managers. The products are about 4 years behind the competition, but they provide a full service stack which does help offset that. Good place to be a middle manager, think carefully if you want to be agile and impactful on the business direction.

The other negative I have to include is that it can be uncomfortable sometimes if you're white male. The company has been overrun with PC culture and segregated culture clubs and opportunities solely for those of color and females.

With 1500 employees though, you'll find people you like and can get along with.

Overall a great place to begin a career, but be careful long term, as many of their experts / product managers are phone support reps who came up internally and have never run marketing, a business, or anything close to what the people they design products for do.
Pros
Fun people, good food, nice office
Cons
Reactive, panicky, middle managers everywhere, Pc
Learned a lot
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 20, 2016
company is growing fast, a lot of career opportunities. Things change frequently so be adaptable. Overall great place to jump start a sales career.
Free food, beers on tap, great open office environment, amazing benefits and earning potential
Channel Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 10, 2016
The training here is very in depth and provided me with a ton of knowledge in the marketing realm. People are very friendly and the atmosphere is fast paced but very rewarding.
Pros
Cons
Fast paced, challenging, aggressive targets and goals
Exciting Work Environment - Culture is King
Channel Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2015
The work you do at HubSpot is all very thoughtful and following a rigid process with a proven track record of success. The culture is special at HubSpot with it being a critical part of the interview process to make sure someone will be "HubSpotty".
Awesome place to work, but be ready for LONG hours
IMC (Consulting) and IMS (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 31, 2014
Best:
- super smart, driven, ambitious co-workers
- outstanding leadership in management
- cozy work environment
Worst:
- they have 'nap rooms' for a reason
Fun and energetic place to work
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Great team, great product, and will learn a ton from the people at HubSpot. Some of the best in the industry.
The best place I have ever interned
Inbound Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2013
HubSpot really ensure that its interns have the freedom to take on any project they would like to pursue, while offering mentorship and support whenever needed. I have learned very concrete skills and it allows me to see many aspects of inbound marketing functioning together. The entire marketing team is brilliant, fun, and driven. I am still incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work alongside them.
Pros
great culture, cool/smart people, flexibility to move between departments, a lot of growth potential for the company as a whole and as an employee, free food/drinks/beer, fun company events, exciting and challenging work, amazing resume booster
Cons
since it is a start-up, not every person in management position necessarily have management experience, so it may be up to the interns to take initiative in getting the support they need, it was a good lesson for me to learn
Great People, Good Experience, Prepare to Work Hard
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2012
I enjoyed my year at HubSpot, but I did not enjoy sales. The problem with HubSpot is that if you are not in the top 10% of your team, do not expect to stick around. They make sure to cut the fat because they have a whole line of people are are just waiting to take your position. The policy is really "Up or Out". I would recommend that if someone is not good at one job but they fit the culture, try to find something else for them. It is easier to teach someone to do a job than it is to find someone that fits the culture.
Pros
startup culture, beer fridge, you can pretty much do what you want as long as you get your work done.
Cons
"up or out" mentality, not a good work life balance