HubSpot Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting Work Environment - Culture is King
Channel Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2015
The work you do at HubSpot is all very thoughtful and following a rigid process with a proven track record of success. The culture is special at HubSpot with it being a critical part of the interview process to make sure someone will be "HubSpotty".
Great People, Good Experience, Prepare to Work Hard
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2012
I enjoyed my year at HubSpot, but I did not enjoy sales. The problem with HubSpot is that if you are not in the top 10% of your team, do not expect to stick around. They make sure to cut the fat because they have a whole line of people are are just waiting to take your position. The policy is really "Up or Out". I would recommend that if someone is not good at one job but they fit the culture, try to find something else for them. It is easier to teach someone to do a job than it is to find someone that fits the culture.
Pros
startup culture, beer fridge, you can pretty much do what you want as long as you get your work done.
Cons
"up or out" mentality, not a good work life balance
The best place I have ever interned
Inbound Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2013
HubSpot really ensure that its interns have the freedom to take on any project they would like to pursue, while offering mentorship and support whenever needed. I have learned very concrete skills and it allows me to see many aspects of inbound marketing functioning together. The entire marketing team is brilliant, fun, and driven. I am still incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work alongside them.
Pros
great culture, cool/smart people, flexibility to move between departments, a lot of growth potential for the company as a whole and as an employee, free food/drinks/beer, fun company events, exciting and challenging work, amazing resume booster
Cons
since it is a start-up, not every person in management position necessarily have management experience, so it may be up to the interns to take initiative in getting the support they need, it was a good lesson for me to learn
Awesome place to work, but be ready for LONG hours
IMC (Consulting) and IMS (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 31, 2014
Best:
- super smart, driven, ambitious co-workers
- outstanding leadership in management
- cozy work environment
Worst:
- they have 'nap rooms' for a reason
Fun and energetic place to work
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Great team, great product, and will learn a ton from the people at HubSpot. Some of the best in the industry.