Huddle House, Inc Employee Reviews

Fast pace job.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSSeptember 27, 2017
As with any restaurant, it was fast pace. But management there was poor. No help from them. But the job itself was great. I loved the employees. I love working with the public.
Pros
Set schedule.
Cons
No breaks. Poor management.
Stressful Environment
Lead Cook/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 5, 2017
Huddle House usually conducted a stressful work environment for its employees and did not have a proper new employee training system. The management was very flexible but did not enforce the appropriate restaurant quality rules.
Bad Place to Work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  McRae, GASeptember 1, 2017
The manager doesn't care about her employees, the employees do not get paid enough for the stuff that they have to deal with at the job. The manager is rude and very self righteous! Employees never get a break and often have to do others jobs for them.
Loved the People I worked with.
Server/Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Potosi, MOAugust 16, 2017
Terrible Management. Busy work, Not Enough Costumers. Food was gross. People started Drama. Lack of management control.
Management wasn't able to work with call ins. Employees fired and Quit constantly.
Nice work pleace
Server (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 14, 2017
It's good company management not bad clean food very good there ratings are good they take care of there customers they asked for feed back on how they can inprove their business
cut throat, no life,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillsboro, NCAugust 1, 2017
I worked for huddle house company from 18 to 22 years old I've been to 5 diffrent locations.
i know how corporate standards are and i have helped change failing restaurants be in the top 5 rating for the region. The managers are judgemental and pick favorites but aside all of the drama I was set with having a career with huddle house. But once raises were not given after the business was put before my own life. I had to take a step back.
Pros
insurance.
Cons
No vacation time, no raise
Stressful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 30, 2017
The employees and the management were horrible they harassed and belittled most of there employees. I loved the job, but the harassment and being cussed like a dog in front of a full house of costumers was too much for me.
Pros
Brakes and costumers.
Cons
Employees.
Nice work place
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons, GAJuly 24, 2017
It's a good place to work i have very nice co workers good traing only thing I don't like is my pay I work hard so I really wanted to have a job paying 10:00 and up
Good business
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed my job and the environment I was in. I enjoyed meeting new people. I was good my job and everyone loved to work with me. I casually cook, I prepped and stocked. I washed dishes and ran the register.
Very low pay for the 24hr management position.
Manager (Current Employee) –  AllMay 21, 2017
The product is great. They spend lots of money on marketing to get the product out in the public. The store is open 24hrs. So you have to manage it 24hrs a day. Your employees are low wage minimum wage employees. And you're a low wage manager. It's hard to keep employees because no one wants to work for the small amount of money. The turn over rate is very high. I personally feel the brand would be more successful if it had a manager on first shift, an assistant manager on second shift, and then a shift leader on third shift. As it is now, when the manager goes home, at 2-3pm, the remainder (15-16) hours, the employees are on their own without supervision. And the work that's put out shows.
Pros
Off everyday between 2-3pm, can pick your kids up from school
Cons
Work 6 days a week, can't take your kids to school, Having to cook/waitress on 3rd shift when you can't find anyone to work the hours.
Poor
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSApril 29, 2017
This is the most disgusting and horrible place to work at in Corinth I wouldn't eat there if it was,the last place on earth it is and pig pin and will most likely shut down to save everyone..
not my ideal place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSApril 27, 2017
it was ok at first but then it got bad, my coworkers were nice, but the management is what drove me away, mainly the owner of the establishment, he wouldn't keep maintenance up and would mess with the employees checks, as well as paying one employee under the table
decent company
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAApril 21, 2017
Depending on the owners, will determine if you enjoy your job. decent money can be made at huddle house, as long as you have the proper attitude towards customers.
Pros
tips
Cons
Tips
Fast-paced and productive workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALApril 12, 2017
I learned how to bus tables, wash dishes with a dishwasher and without a dishwasher. To keep all clean dishes stocked on the line where they belong so that the servers or cooks always have what they need when they need it while keeping all assigned/unassigned, inside & outside areas of the restaurant clean, swept, mopped &, wiped down. The hardest part was the fast pace of how the clean & dirty dishes rotated. Helped with food prep & kept the cooler and freezer clean. Also all stock must be stored properly, at the right temperatures, dated & rotated. But the most important thing is to smile & greet every person that walks into the restaurant. Always take the time to assist someone with whatever is needed at the time or find another who can even if it's on your break time. I liked the family environment and how even regular customers became family. The hardest part was learning how to ask for a raise.
Pros
employee discounts, paid vacations, some holiday pay
Cons
short breaks, no insurance, no mandatory pay raises, working holidays
Was a fun place to work because of team work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wrens, GAApril 10, 2017
Management wasnt professional. Tell customers confidential information about workers and has tantrums on the floor infront of customers. Yelling throwing things ex.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Paying for food even if u didnt eat and having to pay for some food and still paying out of check
Busy work but good people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSApril 8, 2017
Cooking for a bunch of customers can be overwhelming, but meeting new people and getting compliments for your hard work always pays off. Nothing is better than doing your best and knowing you made the customer's experience enjoyable. You may have to work hard to get the job done right, but aiming to please the customer will always lead to success.
Pros
Smoke breaks, lunch breaks, friendly coworkers
Cons
No benefits, no raises, minimum wage
Waitress/Hostess /Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 4, 2017
Always on your feet. Never without something to do. Fast pacing with your sets and choices. Always having to be on your toes and busy. Do everything yourself. Prepair your food , wash your own dishes.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Never a dull moment with the customers or co workers
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALApril 3, 2017
I worked for huddle house for 5 years. Very productive buissness. I waited tables and ran the register. Servers and cooks also had extra duties such as cleaning up after each shift.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Not enough tables
Gm that cares.
Server/ Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunlap, TNMarch 8, 2017
General manager really cares about employees. When someone needs days off all they have to do is ask. She was a pleasure to work for. Fun environment with a crew of whimsical "regulars."
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Subminimum wage for waitresses
Ok for first job.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALFebruary 27, 2017
It wasn't a great place to work and greatly needs an overhaul in terms of ownership but I have no complaints for a first job. The employees I worked with were awesome and always gave a helping hand during peak business hours.