Huddle House Employee Reviews

nothing to like about this job when you were always made a fool of
Waitress (Former Employee), Hephzibah, GAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: food under 5.00 taken out of check
Cons: none
Just a waitress taking orders serving food hardest part of this job was getting threw the day.no one worked together they worked against you.
fun place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: no benefits
I worked the 6am-3pm shift. I had regular customers that I had built a rapport with. I enjoyed the customer service aspects of the job the most.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Waitress (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed working
Cons: Had to pay full price for our meals.
I enjoyed every job that I worked at office depot. The most job that I really enjoyed was shipping. Why because I was able too be all by myself and then when I come out I get too see and help all the customers that come everyday.
I had such hopes.
Cook / Prep (Former Employee), GAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Learning a good trade.
Cons: Having the wrong people to deal with.
I was trained by the company in the hopes of managing my own store. Instead I was among a lot of other cooks who was pushed ahead of me. Turns out I couldn't get enough work to live on. My paycheck was a joke. They let me go after only a few months. The sad part of it all is I really liked that place.
It was a great job
Waitress (Former Employee), Franklin, NCJuly 30, 2015
It was a great job had fun while I worked with the other staff members. The owners were very understandable and good people.
typical day
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 29, 2015
basically come in do the work of 5 people and get paid like a teen who still with there parents no benefits vacation or nothing
OK
Cook (Former Employee), MOJuly 25, 2015
Working at Huddle House was an okay situation. A typical day at Huddle House included (server): Clock in, count your drawer (always at $200.00 and not a penny over), check to make sure you have all the supplies you need for the day and, if needed, stock them, Great customers, escort them to their table, ask their drink orders, bring them drinks and take food order (when they are ready). Put order into computer and alert the cook(s) that their is a ticket. Take food to table. At end of day, make sure all things are stocked for next shift, and count down drawer for the end of day/next shift to begin. Drop all excess(cash owed) into safe. Prepare all things needed (salads, salad dressing, to go cups, and things of the sort) for next day/shift. The most enjoyable things I have seen while working at Huddle House are the customers smiles when they are happy and satisfied with their food. The hardest part of my job is handling the customers that do not want to be happy, mad because of silly things such as their cup was not filled all the way to the rim. The management was okay. My co-workers were okay. I learned how to handle customers more effectively while working at Huddle House.
Very busy
Waitress- Server (Former Employee), Bedford, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: We got to make tips and meet alot of people
Cons: The different work shifts we had all the time
When going to work my day consisted of waiting on many of customers and making sure they had everything they needed. I learned that the waitressing industry goes up and down all the time. The managment was ok but if they were needed all we had to do was call if they were not there. I enjoyed working with some of my co workers however you could occasionally get some lazy workers. The hardest part of the job was when all the staff didnt pull together and work as a team.
Fun work place
Server- Serve tables, Cashier (Current Employee), Amory, MSJuly 21, 2015
I enjoy working has a server and meeting new people, but I am wanting to work in a more professional environment. Working has a sever, I have learned excellent communication and customer service skills.
My day at DG
Waitress/ Cook (Former Employee), Summerville, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: I worked closely with customers and employees
Cons: new store
a tyical day was open store at 730 do office work have store open by 8. run cashier until 10 when the next cashier came in. then I would run do deposits for the night before, stock store, helped out cashier when needed, paperwork. if I had to close the store I would stop stocking around 6 then I would start fronting merchandise and do inventory. help clean store and have paperwork setup for am.
waitress, cook, shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fulton, MSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: being with the customers
Cons: having to work third shift
I was to give the best customer service possible, make sure the customer leave happy and deal with any issues that might come up, close out the end of day sales. Manage over the employees and make sure everyone is performing their job duties
Fun and Friendly workplace
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Elberton, GAJuly 13, 2015
The Huddle House was A overall great experience. I was there about a year and half. It was a great place to be employed for that time being. I made a lot of friends as well as learned about customer service.
Challenging position that grows both me and my Franchise Partners in unique situations.
FRANCHISE AREA DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Mid Atlantic Region, 8 statesJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Total involvement in the business, having input, and the people top notch people I work with..
Cons: Travel time and distance.
This 400 unit family style concept is in the process of growing new business, increasing number of units by franchisee, closing the appropriate locations and remodeling others. Every day has its own challenges and there are many hats to be worn.
As with any position, there are specific end results expected and standard systems and processes that have been developed to achieve the goals. However as a Franchise Area Director I have the autonomy to do what is necessary to accomplish the mission. As a group of FAD's we have input to the plan and what key priorities we will emphasize and expend our – more... energy on.
All of the FAD's on the team are smart and companionate people that contribute to the good of the group and I have the upmost respect for each of them. They have my back and I would go out of my way to help any of them.
The support staff are involved in operations and it is not unusual for them to be found in the field seeing day to day operations, trade area conditions and asking what they can do for the franchisee. We are all partners in seeing to the success of the business.
If I could change one thing I would rethink geography to reduce the amount of driving necessary to get to the small towns that the majority of our restaurants are located. This position requires about 90% travel and weekend work.
There is a great sense of satisfaction I feel when the light bulb go off, sales and profits increase, the Franchisee is successful and they see me as a partner in their business. – less
Fun work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Winona MsJuly 6, 2015
Fun work and fast paced work....the pay is good with some bonuses being awarded. The time you put in will give you the results you are looking for.
Great amongst working with people everyday
Server (Former Employee), Hampton, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Half priced lunches, usually pay no more than four dollars on a regular meal; free drinks
Cons: Hours are limited as a part time worker
When you show up for a shift, you have to be presentable and prepared to work not only with the people on the same shift as you, but as well as meeting new people. There is a new face every single day, as well as some of the same people who come maybe three times in a single day.

I've learned so much as far as what the expectations are when a customer come in to dine at your restaurant. Even when some do an outstanding job, there are a very few customers that asks for you specifically each time they come! I've had a few, and it is a very humbling feeling, and it just makes you feel as good as the job you are doing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the people smile when the enter and laugh while they are leaving!
I enjoyed working with the customers
Waitress (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 22, 2015
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: No benefits, low pay
On busy days, this was a fast paced job but when it wasn't busy, the job could be boring. Overall the job was okay and was the best thing I could find at the time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Scott City, MOJune 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, drinks free, advancement
Cons: Long hours, 16+ at times
Very fun place to work, workers always got a long, customer's were very talkative and it was like having a big family. EVERYONE did their job. I learned all aspects of operating a restaurant under the direct supervision and instructions of the manager.
Very fun
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Vienna, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: it was very up beat
Cons: no benefits
I always had a wonderful time with my customers. I kept it professional but treated them as my friends at the same time. We had to be fast but patient. My co-workers were always in a good mood as well.
COOK
COOK, PREPED, UNLOADED SUPPLIES TRUCK (Former Employee), SAINT MARY'S ,GAJune 11, 2015
Pros: FREE FOOD!!!
Cons: STEADY WORK
THIS IS WHERE I REALLY GOT MY FIRST START AND UNDERSTOOD WHAT LIFE WAS ALL ABOUT AND IT TOUGHT ME MUCH ALTHOUGH I NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT ITS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE.I ENJOYED WORKING AT HUDDLE HOUSE AND I AM FOREVER THANKFUL THEY GAVE ME A CHANCE AS WELL.
desent
Waitress (Former Employee), Nashville GaJune 7, 2015
Pros: making money every day
Cons: no health benifits
wait tables
great customer service skills
co workers could use a little more pep in their step
the hardest part was working 11pm to 7am
the customers where my favorite part