Huddle House Employee Reviews

Chaotic
General Manager (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 22, 2017
Its hard working for a franchise who doesn't keep up to date with a fresh new look on how other restaurants are beating them into the ground. We drop coupons at the wrong time. The profit margin is also too minimal to be effective for a profit to be made or for better employees to be hired.
Best job i ever had
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, VAJuly 22, 2017
I worked for Huddle House for years, it was like my home away from home and i absolutely loved my job! The employees i worked with and the customers were what made the job worth it! always smiling and laughing and just having a great time. If i had not had to move i would still be there. Great company to work for!
Fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bishopville, SCJuly 19, 2017
Theres not a lot of money involved. Its a fun place to work with great people but it does not pay much especially when you are relying on tips and people in your small community dont tip a whole lot.
Great fun, ;great food
Waitress cashier (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOJuly 18, 2017
Unfortunately Huddle House closed its doors. I was sad to lose this job. I met quite a few remarkable people traveling through this area . Food was excellent.
Pros
Great food, good prices. Great people
Cons
They closed down.
Bad
Cashier/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSJuly 18, 2017
This was a terrible work place and it was very unorganized ... They had no control over anything ...The co came to work when they got ready . They never was on time ...They moved slowly instead of getting the job done ..So I just quit cause I couldn't keep over working my self trying to help the company when they didn't want to move me up a position or pay more
Excellent Teamwork!
Server (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXJuly 13, 2017
While working in the food industry is never easy, Huddle House hires a mix of experienced workers and newcomers and trains them into a hard-working team. Pay is good, management excellent, and adjudication fair -- work hard and show up on time and they'll always be willing to work with you.
Pros
Employee meal plan, good management
Cons
No medical, slow nights
Fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Gray, GAJuly 12, 2017
I have worked for this company for 20 years. It is fast paced but fun. By far the hardest server job I ever had. Tips have always been adequate. Cook and server pay is below average. Management pay is also grossly under paid.
Pros
One week paid vacation after one year
Cons
Short or no break
Fun atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Manager worked with me for training and helped me with weak points. Conveniently located and close to where I resided
Fast paced and very busy
Head Waitress (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 8, 2017
It's a fair place to work. I was a head waitress. My job consisted of, waiting on customers and meeting their needs, cleaning, washing dishes, prepping food and checking the customer out. If you want a lot of good tips, you had to be fast, and friendly no matter what!
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Must work on holidays
Na
COOK (Current Employee) –  Lake City, SCJuly 7, 2017
Working at the Huddle House is a great experience. I was taught how to work at a fast pace but be able to get orders right and make sure they look as well as taste well and to be able to communicate well with the customers.
Eating
Shift leader (assistant manager in training) (Former Employee) –  Midway, GAJuly 6, 2017
Got to meet some wonderful customers. Getting to know regular customers. Cooking to order as customers was coming in. Remembering orders instead of writing the orders down. Even with a table of 10.
Great Customer Interaction
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 5, 2017
Getting to know my customers, and having them return and ask for me was always nice.
Enjoyed training and getting to know my employees on a personal level.
Productive communication computer skills
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 5, 2017
I think huddle house is a very good place to work at and it's service is really good they are customer friendly and do everything on. A timely manner and fashion
Pros
Decent breaks good hours
Cons
Sometimes u work alot of hours a week
Hectic job
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYJuly 2, 2017
I loved my job at the huddle house but it was very stressful and tiring at times. I loved the job because of the customers you tend to get attached to people.
Nice Co-workers and atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 29, 2017
Friendly work environment and customers. Good tips and pretty good food. Very demanding on body as there is a lot of walking around. Pretty good at accommodating home life.
Mangers liked to play favortism among employees
night cooked and night waitness (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 29, 2017
Mangers like to favor certain employees over others.There were times that employees were left to cook and wait tables. Customer at times had to help bus and wait tables.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short or no breaks. and very little help
Bad work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Glennville, GAJune 22, 2017
They have no workers and the corporate office did not care about any of it there was way to many drugs and to much food walking out or giving it away. They where doing drugs in the back room
Fun work place
Cook server (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed cooking for huddle house for as long as I did, most of the regulars were like family. I experienced all shifts fast and slow paced. Having such a passion for cooking I certainly gave huddle house some of my best years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Drama
I love this job. This was my very first job in high school
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAJune 20, 2017
This job as a dish was was my very first job. I fell in love with everyone and everyone fell in love with me. I work super good and helped. I was fast
Pros
Could eat any time, take as many breaks as I want
Cons
Shorts breaks
It is a great work environment if around all the right people.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  East Dublin, GAJune 16, 2017
They didn't really work with me very with my schedule and they required to much from me that they didn't from the other workers. Also they bounced me around to much and it affected my sleep big time. But mainly I was threatened by another employee and she was stealing money from me and other employees as well. So other then all of that I really enjoyed this job.