Huddle House Employee Reviews

Typical day at huddle house
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlem, GASeptember 20, 2016
Make cofee, count the register, unlock doors, prep the food, clean resteraunt, make tea, greet customers, weight on the customers with a smile, take out food, check on customer, take money, ask them to come again.
Pros
CUSTOMERS
Cons
NOT ENOUGH WORKERS
Not an employee friendly environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARSeptember 7, 2016
As General Manager it was my responsibility to promote a productive and friendly work environment. It was an impossible task to meet due to the work conditions and pay scale set by the owner of the company. I learned how not to treat your employees.
Pros
One free meal a day
Cons
Lack of consideration for hourly employees by the owner
there were way to manger in and out.
was a grillcook (Former Employee) –  Dorchester County, SCSeptember 7, 2016
if money was stolen sem to always be blame.never could find someone to come in to do the next shiff.not enough money for the work i did in the store.
Pros
lunch was free but at the bugget they gave you.
Cons
no health care, no insurance, no care for there any body that worked for them.
Work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 3, 2016
I absolutely love what I do. I enjoy meting new people and building relationships with our regulars. Most of the time a basic work day is good but just like any other thing there are days that stress levels get high and it makes for a rough day.
Pros
make money, meet new people, build relationships
Cons
stressful, no raises, no benefits, never see owners, small working space, trouble with appliances.
I loved working their
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 2, 2016
I loved working their. The employess was very nice. The customers was very great. I loved meeting new people, I like to see my customers smile and have a great experience with me.
Pros
great work
Cons
love working
good learning experience
manager (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCAugust 29, 2016
8 hours shifts, enjoy cooking at a fast pace with multiple guest tickets. Managers and co-workers can make or break how an employee feels about this job. The hardest part of the job is finding reliable personel
Pros
the atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
fast paced food industry
Server/waitress (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 27, 2016
I would take orders from customers. I would serve food and beverages, and tell customers about specials we had going on or upcoming events we had planned. I learned a lot on how to serve food and beverages. my coworkers were very nice and we all got along very well. the hardest part of the job was when business slowed down. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and getting to know all of the patrons that visited very often.
Pros
one free meal a shift, free soda juice ect.
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYAugust 26, 2016
This place has very many great workers and most of them will try to help you any way they can. It has very good food and all the workers are very clean and do there best!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Staying on your feet so much
Productive and fun place to work
server, cook, shift leader (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARAugust 21, 2016
Always a friendly enviroment and some of the best people to work with. Good food and service!! Always friendly help and pleasant enviroment. The best supervisors that will always work with you and your schedule
Pros
workers get along
Cons
boss didn't want to pay servers right
On the go with music
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCAugust 19, 2016
I really enjoyed waitressing. It could be very difficult at times and stress-ful, but you just keep pushing through. I had great customers and some bad apples. I learned to just smile and try to do what you can to make sure they leave happy and full.
Fun place to work at
Waitress (Former Employee) –  PikevilleAugust 17, 2016
I worked split shifts. Took customers orders cooked and cleaned. Good environment at time when place was opened. Friendly atmosphere. Everyone worked together as a team
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Short breaks
Not a pleasent place to work.poor salery and incompitant staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 17, 2016
Change in management caused others to think they could talk to others in a negative way.workload wasnt distributed evenly to all employees.5 employees left company due to new management.i think that says it all.
Ideas to.promote company were stolen from employee and didnt recognize the individual.
Pros
Flex schedual
Cons
No breaks
Fast past, high volume store
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brookwood, ALAugust 10, 2016
Day to day work consisted of greeting customers and staying attentive to their needs. Made sure they were properly setup with their correct meal and provided excellent customer service to ensure their return. Working as a waitress you must be willing to contribute to help out everyone (not just watch over your own tables). If someones is falling behind pickup their slack because one day you yourself may be off your game and need assistance. Management took care of customers as well; they were good examples of team players. Most of the employees were part time workers and their was a high turn over rate, but it was a high volume store which required a lot of pep in your step and a good attitude when things became stressful.
Pros
relaxed managment, not much for micromanaging everyone
Cons
short to no breaks, should have offered a free meal with a full shift worked.
Long night shifts
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Quitman, GAAugust 5, 2016
Great co-workers and management. Low paychecks and long night shift. My typical day at Huddle House was waiting on customers, cleaning and stocking products.
really clean
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYJuly 25, 2016
Food comes out fast but during the night you don't get to many tips. The food is only like 10% off for employees. Gets busy sometimes during the morning and if there is any games going on around.
Friendly and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Homerville gaJuly 23, 2016
This is a fun and friendly place to work. Everyone has a positive attitude. As long as your willing to work and take care of your job duties you will be very happy with your pay and hours.
Huddle House
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 21, 2016
First thing when I arrived at work is always greeting my co-workers and the customers that were already seated in the store, clock in the Point of Sales terminal and wash my hands. Count my register to make sure I would have the right amount to work the shift. Check behind the last shift and see what needs to be cleaned and stocked. I am a very friendly and outgoing person so I loved to waitress, I love people and making sure my customers were always happy. I did short line cook for two years up there and honestly, I enjoyed cooking, I am very neat and I have good time management when it comes to my food all coming up at once and always fresh. The best part about working up there where the customers, I made regulars because I always treated them right and made sure they always had everything they needed.
Pros
Good people, good food, consistent work so I always had something to do.
Cons
Not always great tips, a lot of the time the other workers didn't do all their work, usually had twice the workload than usual.
loved my job at huddle house
Server (Former Employee) –  Whittier, NCJuly 21, 2016
I'm an high volume waitress and I thoroughly enjoy the work bein a server.I've moved to sc to be near my mom who has stopped fighting her long battle with cancer.I prefer to be a server by trade as its very rewarding to make sure my customers keep coming back.
Pros
i worked in cherokee had alot of regulars from outta town that came to the casino, they were like family to me, the winchesters who owned the franchise were the best ppl to work for, the atmosphere was excellent, family oriented with reasonable prices to suit all, easy work as long as its a good team to work with.
Cons
some of the management and his hired help were there to power trip instead of being team players
Very Fast Paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXJuly 15, 2016
There was never just a Typical day at Huddle House, every day was a new adventure. I learned how to deal with difficult customers. The management there was very good and easy to get along with. Most coworkers were awesome and I had made some life long friends. Just getting used to the fast paced work was pretty hard. Also the customers that seemed to never be satisfied was pretty hard. You just have to learn to deal with them in a professional about it. To be honest the tips were the best part of the job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Smelling like food all day long even when you are off.
Enjoyed working with people
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29150July 11, 2016
my job consisted of fun working with people taking orders, serving drinks, socializing, totaling bill, cashing out on register.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huddle House. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7