Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Lord & Taylor
Store Support (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 22, 2017
The work is typical office work but little to no one on one training depending on your department. Motivation to succeed is virtually nonexistent. The building is a warehouse and even in the offices it feels like a warehouse.

Bright spots are some great personal life benefits; half day Fridays in the summer for executives, a casual dress code, and flexible PTO. However the financial/health benefits are not good and there is little opportunity for advancement.

If you are working downstairs in the distribution center or for a different banner under the company then your experience would likely differ significantly.

There is often concern around job security throughout the company.
Pros
Half day Fridays in the summer, casual dress code, flexible PTO
Cons
401K, Healthcare, Opportunity for Advancement, Job Security
Lowest Hourly Pay Rate in the Industry
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 19, 2016
I work at Lord & Taylor. I have not made a salary this low since just after college. Granted, I love the line I work for but the pay is abismal. And to make matters worse, bullying is tolerated at my store, even when reported. The "bullyer" is a high money producer who gets away with murder. This person has threatened to have other employees fired, makes others cry, and when it was finally reported to management, instead of feel protected by the General Manager, he became buddy buddy with the bullyer and now people are even more afraid to report it.
The one nice thing I can say about my store is that they are somewhat flexible with day off requests.
Pros
Day Off Requests Flexibility
Cons
Bad Management and Bullying Allowed
Not a good place to work.
Sr. Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2016
Constant Management turn over. Four CIO changes in two years. Each CIO replaced all middle managers to match their 'Vision'. When I left had no first line manager to resign to. HR had me reporting to a co-worker. Was stood up for my exit interview by HR. They did not show up for the interview. Had to leave my laptop, keys, and badge on my desk and just leave the building on my own.
Pros
Complete freedom to work or not work.
Cons
Senior and Middle Management change every 6 months.
Horrendous place to work
Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 29, 2016
Poor senior leadership and upper management. Lots of waste, due to poor project planning at the senior level. Every day is filled with chaos because internal resources are limited and enterprise projects are not well-planned, let alone executed with any process controls.

Our data center is closing in 2017, and it's not a surprise for any of us who are still here. Many of us were looking for other jobs before the facility closure was announced. Some staff bolted as soon as they heard the news. Those of us who have been here for a year or more were offered a reasonable severance and retention bonus; so, I'm staying until my end date. I know I will have a job offer before my end date because the market is so hot....
Pros
Flexible work schedule, work from home allowed once a week
Cons
Every project is filled with chaos, due to poor planning
Working for Hudson Bay Compnay
Digital Beauty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2017
Working of Hudson Bay, has been amazing. I have been with the company for almost 3 years and it has all been wonderful. The company really loves their employees. Since I have been with the company I have received 4 promotions. So, its pretty easy to move up with the company if you work hard.
Productive workplace to advance within the company
Logistics Clerk Administrator (Current Employee) –  145 Carrier DriveNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work is interacting with the truck drivers, I've learned to gain more patience than required when dealing with different backgrounds. My co workers and manager make my day and job less stressful. I enjoy networking and meeting different kinds of people from different ethnicity.
Management and co-workers are enjoyable
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2016
This position has given me many skills as I'm involved throughout the entire SDLC within every release. I gather and write business requirements; risk assess all requirements with impacted cross-functional teams/vendors, review requirements (business and technical) weekly with the business, write test scripts, conduct SIT and UAT testing, review any all defects with the business and technical teams, provide implementation plans/status and conduct maintenance/key learning's status meetings. This position has tweaked all skill sets.
Productive and positive atmosphere
Lead Hardware Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work includes working reported problems from opened tickets. I've learned how to be calm in pressure situations. Management allows myself and co-workers to make decisions without being micro-managed. My co-workers are all a wonderful bunch of guys. We are all team players. The hardest part of the job is trying to complete tasks when given strict deadlines beyond our control. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make our own decisions as to how we're going to get things done.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Medical Insurance
most negative job ever.
Take incoming Customer service calls (Former Employee) –  Willkes Barre Pa.September 6, 2016
most negative place i ever worked everything is broken from the management team to the website. You have 3 or 4 managers who do their best and the rest just kinda wing it.
Pros
it pays well for this area.
Cons
most negative palce i ever worked everything is broken from the magment team to the website.
Hudson Bay is a great company doing great work for great causes!
Phone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 15, 2016
Hudson Bay is a great company doing great work for great causes! I loved my time being a paid fundraiser their. The people are wonderful and the clients were equally so.

Want to know more about Hudson's Bay Company?

Ask a question
Fast paced, going through lots of changes
Information Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Very fast paced environment. Not many realize how big the company is and how it spans multiple cities and countries. Not really in a position to say anything good or bad about the company. A lot of good people work there.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Growing pains
fun great people easy customers
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2016
great place to work, great management great product assortment, easy customers. the hard part was the work life balance with store schedules long days or night
Pros
product
Great team to work with, but a management is a challenge
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Its a great team to work with, that moved from waterfall model to a fully agile workplace. There is a lot more potential for the company to grow its culture / tech processes. The tech leadership is great (same as GILT leadership), but senior leadership across the company does not understand tech culture, and has difficulty in managing the workload or the processes in software delivery.
Typical day at awork
Lords & Taylor Back Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of Loading, Unloading, interacting with vendors, inventory checklist, Staging outbound shipments, daily stockroom activities.
Pros
Lunch break
Outstanding
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 12, 2017
Learned valuable lessons and received practical life skills that have made me realize my potential. Co-workers are amazing and work hard to help others achieve goals.
No productivity
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 12, 2016
Horrible place to work. Very hypocritical and lots of drugs in the workplace. Tested their employees badly but favored a couple people. Unfair wages and lots of missing money
Cons
Short breaks, drugs in workplace
It's ok
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 20, 2016
Benefits need improvement and work atmosphere isn't great. On call sucks because they don't have an adequate help desk (yet) to triage calls. They have some nice percs like half day Fridays during summer and ability to work from home. They are laid back and seem to be trying to improve things. Cafe is above average and decently priced.
Huge turnover in management
Manager HR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
No job security, management shifts faster than fashion. They try to build a family like culture, but terminate without warning due to constant reorgs.
Is Trying
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Company is trying to be better but still lacks in some departments, culture is getting better but compensation not there yet.
Great coworkers, poor company direction
Assistant Site Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 16, 2016
I work with great people. That said, the company has created a toxic relationship with it's employees. They are not transparent about the direction of the company. I was offered a promotion, but it required relocating and the compensation was not on par with national averages for that position, so I ultimately opted to move closer to my family instead of remaining with the company.
Pros
Good people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.

75%