Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employer Reviews

Good workplace, but very unreliable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: can be excellent money, engaging customers, busy days, and liberal breaks.
Cons: disposition towards significant changes in virtually anything, no benefits i am aware of, archaic software.
There is no doubt I enjoy working at HBC (mens suits), however the hours, sales, as well as disposition and priorities of mangement change quite rapidly and unexpecedtly. If it wasn't for the commision on top of hourly wage, I'm sure I would have left.
very good place to work
Major Home Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 31, 2013
My primary role induced customers to buy and place orders,assisting Clients with selection on furniture appliance and electronics Prepared the sales floor for customers.
I attended to many training sessions for new products to promote sales.
I maintained excellent co-workers relationships.
the hardest carry something havy myself.
the most enjoable part – more... of the job is sell,sell,sell. – less
Horrible place to work
associate (Current Employee), OntarioJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: benefit package for ft after 6 months
Cons: 10%employee discount only if you use your 30% interest hbc credit card
Since being bought out by an American company, it has become
a very unpleasant work environment. Computerized scheduling is non negotiable and schedule is put out 4 days in advance twice a month. Not family friendly or student friendly.

Associates with many years loyalty are fighting for a raise and being told there is no budget.
Profanity on the public – more... bathroom stalls have not been painted over in years. Common to run out of handsoap.

Floor managers are stressed and often yell at associates.

Associates were asked to pay 20.00 each for their own Christmas
Party. No bonuses, turkeys or chocolates. However, Bonnie Brooks gave everyone a delightful form card with a link so that we could
watch a video of her. – less
Productive and nice team environment
Suplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Brampton GTAMarch 6, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: ad-hoc restructure
This is a company with a lots of changes and ad-hoc restructure. Lots of opportunities as long as you can capture. The supplier Relation Management team is a nice and warm team.
comber (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: slow
I had a great time working at the bay i found even though i was the youngest i was treated fairly and loved my job.
Great Environment and productive associates.
Department Head ` (Former Employee), Queen Street. Down Town. Toronto.February 29, 2012
Pros: i was famous.
Cons: no man power.
I loved working at The Bay, yet it all fell apart when the company was taken over by an American. Lots of job losses came and my team was dropped from 14 down to 4 people. My work load got extensive as I had 2 floors to manage. The day I quit; they had made me manage 3 floors. I already had warned them that I was spreading too thin and there's no benefit – more... to me. – less
Great place to learn and interact with others
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: co-workers, customers, learning about products
Cons: unhappy customers
Working at the Bay was a great experience, I learned a lot and gained a new family
Fun working environment and nice co-workers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Eaton Centre, TorontoFebruary 25, 2012
A fun and happy enviroment for working as a sales associate.
I enjoying work everday:-
Provided expert level of product knowledge and services to customers on cosmetic counters
Managed cashiering activities in areas of purchasing, returns, exchanges, and promotions
Organized counters and sign boards in keeping with the display merchandising standard.
regularly – more... replenished merchandising of counters, testers, makeup table and display shelves – less
Enjoy working at this establishment
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee), Linen Department, China Dept and HousewaresDecember 21, 2011
Pros: good hours, fairly good wages, gave insentives to do good work
Cons: could have given me more hours, i was always being available for more work, met for people that would be absent
Helpful if we needed it, Gave compliments when they saw we were enthusiastic, or good at handling customers wishes. I was ambishious to keep working and finding things that needed improving. Gave pins when we had compliments from customers.
Major lack of communication, poor attitude of management towards the employees
shipping, receiving maintanence (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: working iwth public
Cons: lack of respect for their employees
There tends to be a very poor level of communication between the management team and the on the floor employees. Little consideration for the employees. Benefits are very poor. Great expectations of the amount of work required without an equal amount of payment.
Not a Fulfillment position
Fulfillment (Current Employee), Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: other employees
Cons: management
You will not actually work in the Fulfillment Dept, you're basically a gopher. Paraded around the marketing and stock departments as you're needed. Some of the management is very very unorganized, some are great. Unless you're looking to get experience all over the store (literally) and not in places that you choose or may even like to work, don't waste – more... your time. – less
the working time in The Bay is intensely. As the large working area and customers' flot rate. so it is an opportunity to practice customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), SaskatoonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: 10% discount when you buy goods in the bay
Cons: long hours
co-workers are friendly, knowing different brand of the clothes and what kind of clothes that customers like.
lack of proper and professional management
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 13, 2014
I had been a victim of workplace harassment and I was pretty much told that if I wanted to leave I could but there was nothing they could do to make it any better. After complaining several time I had to walk out. Managers there do not care about you.
Positive work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 13, 2014
A work environment that was made more enjoyable by friendly and helpful coworkers.
Laidback retail workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Management is great and very flexible with availability, perfect for students.
Productive and a fun place to work
Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren shop (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very challenging
Cons: long hours
Review Daily sales and report.
Merchandising the shop.
Replenishing.
Conference call.
Product knowledge
not the best place to work
Customer Service - Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day is long, you never get home before dinner.. Not good if you have a family or life.. Management needs more training.. I enjoyed a few co-workers... The product was the most enjoyable
customer service
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 5, 2014
I like to talk with customer, when they are talking, I can find out what they need and what they like.
Fun and relaxing place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Filey, ENGAugust 30, 2014
Good hours, Friendly boss and friendly staff members, the hours and good and the money is good
Demanding work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2014
Manage the revenue and margins of the selling departments within major home fashions.
Build sales and control costs, in major home fashions
Forecast sales and required labour and schedule appropriately for operational efficiency and customer satisfaction

1 2 3 4 5

About Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), founded in 1670, is North America's longest continually operated company. Today, HBC offers customers – Read more