Hudson City Savings Bank

Hudson City Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Good private bank that is now public
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Oradell,NJMay 4, 2015
I was young when I worked here but learned a lot about responsibilities about handling peoples money. I had to close and lock up the bank at night.
Pleasant working conditions
Home Insurance Rep in Mortgage Department (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions, birthdays and other occasions were celebrated.
Cons: Training is poor in department
Cafeteria, neat and clean and good food choices available. We had 45 min for lunch and two breaks. People were pleasant but very quiet type of work place. Pay was low.
How i can grow in a company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Garfield, NJApril 29, 2015
Every day is a new day when I come to work. I can learn something new which is very good . I look forward to face new challenges that day can bring to me.I look forward to help all customers that will walk to the door with best of my knowledge and if I am not sure or I don't know I will do all to help them, direct them or find out for them which is the best for them or for their business. At my place of work we all work together very well, we believe this is a team and we can do much more being a good team player. I Have been working for this company many years and I have learn many job position in this company. I am eager always to learn new task .In my years of service I have been a mentor to many co-workers that now they have move up to got position in different financial institution or companies. I have gain a lot of experience in past 16 years, I am knowledgeable, confident and well-organized individual who thrives on new challenges. I am hard working, reliable and trustworthy. Loyal which I demonstrated working for Hudson City Savings Bank for 16 years.
Good benefits
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Greenport, NYMarch 8, 2015
Great job, education opportunities and a small conservative company which cares about his employees.
Some Saturdays required but the schedule is pretty fair
Mortgage Loan Repurchase Analyst (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 5, 2015
Pros: excellent team of professionals
A great place to work, many long time employees and a good life / work balance. Collaborative atmosphere, good compensation plan.
awesome experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orange, NJMarch 5, 2015
i was lucky to meet some really nice people within this company that are still in my life today. the customers were very loyal to the branch i worked at
Overall, HCSB is a decent place to work. Starting out a s a teller means you're not going to get rich quick but you can work your way up if you want.
Line Teller (Former Employee), Darien, CTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: pleasant, congenial, non-stress environment and (for me) close to home. there was also a good employee stock plan.
Cons: the pay was less than half of what i was making previously but it was a lot better than nothing.
Hudson City Savings Bank's office in Darien, CT was generally a pleasant place to work. The working hours were real banker's hours: start at 8:30 AM and leave by 4:30 PM. There were also half-days on alternate Saturdays. Having previously worked evening shifts and midnight shifts and, at one time, a regular day job plus two part-time jobs, I found banking hours to be "no problem".
Working as a teller was a new experience for me as I had never before been in a direct customer relations position. I found that it could be enjoyable - especially once I got to know the regular customers.
The immediate management were readily available since they were there in the same office. The next level of management was in another office in a nearby town. Generally, they were competent and approachable with the exception of one assistant manager who got herself, the branch manager and the head teller all fired at once because of the way she grossly mismanaged the records of vault cash transfers.
All of us in the Darien office had one thing in common: we were there because we couldn't find anything else. I had been in software development, the other teller had worked for an accountant, and the head teller had been a medical technician in Jamaica and the customer service representative, the assistant manager and manager had all worked in corporate finance. During my six years at HCSB, the CSR was from India, the assistant managers were from Romania (the that got fired) and Russia and the head tellers were from Jamaica and Guatemala (legally?).
There really was nothing "hard" about the job except, – more... perhaps, lugging 40lb sacks of coins from the coin-changer machine into the vault. Having been in software development I could tell that the software the bank was using was mediocre at best. Data entry software is the most important software that any organization has since it is the barrier between the order and integrity of the data in the system and the chaos that's on the outside. HCSB's software too easily accepted incorrect input. – less
Learned a Great Deal
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), New City, NYMarch 2, 2015
It was a great learning experience. I had little knowledge of financial institutions, but was able to gain management experience quickly and move up quickly.
Buisness minded at all times
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
Management is on top of co workers more than there own work from what it seems like. Although thats across the board in any job opportunity coming across in society.
Teller
Assistant Teller Manager (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: management is really, really teriffic. good hours and benefits.
Cons: there isn't any.
I worked with really terrific people. I learned so much in my compacity at the bank. If I didn't move out of state, I'd still be there.
productive and fun place to work
Records Research Analyst (Current Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 7, 2015
its a great place to work. they train you well and give you all the tools needed to be successful at your job. if you ever run in to a problem they are always there to help. i also love the culture there.
Best First Job w/ Pay
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 1, 2015
Everyone was friendly. I was nervous at first but I learned that everyone is welcoming and accepting. There were little to no drama so that was a plus. I love it here very much!
Productive and positive work environment
Head Teller (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 27, 2015
A deal of experience in customer service and cash management. Responsible, hardworking, motivated and trust worthy professional.
Worked here for 12 years
Network/Desktop Administrator (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Overall a good experience. Left because of an imminent merger.
Productive Office with friendly coworkers
Tax Representative (Current Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at work is usually spent inputting data, filing and checking delinquent accounts. I learned how to think outside the box, ,how to keep an organized work place, good time management skills and knowledge of administrative and clerical protocols. My co-workers are wonderful, friendly and always willing to lend a hand to help out or answer any questions. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be going over delinquent reports everyday, but overtime I have excelled, lastly the most enjoyable part of my job would be the wonderful environment I work in, with my friendly co-workers.
management is horrible
Part time Teller (Former Employee), Gillette, NJSeptember 29, 2014
expect to stay late to watch people count and from pt to ft position you have to take a pay cut for the "free" insurance...
......
Records Research Analyst (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 27, 2014
it wasnt great..............................................................................................................
nice and calm workplace
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJune 25, 2014
Excellent benefits and people. Definitely would go back. Most enjoyable part was all the customers and people that work there.
Family culture, nice people
Regional Administrative Support (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJJune 11, 2014
Pros: free health care, ability to set my own schedule
Cons: lack of upward mobility and advancement
I was hired into the management training program, and was soon given a position as a newly-formed job title called Regional Administrative Support. My job was to provide branch support in the areas of property management and staff recruitment. The job soon became primarily about staff recruitment as I was given 34 branches to keep staffed with employees. I enjoyed the responsibility, autonomy, and the closeness I developed with so many co-workers across the state.
Productive day
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Paramus, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: benefits
Very busy, productive days of work. You're never bored because you have to run around no stopping. If you like to be busy, this will be perfect place to work. Great management team. Great place to get an experience

1 2 3

About Hudson City Savings Bank

Hudson City Bancorp is the holding company for Hudson City Savings Bank, one of the largest thrifts in the US. Founded in 1868, – Read more

Hudson City Savings Bank Salaries