Hudson City Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJJuly 29, 2017
Although its not around any longer. My favorite job. Great hours and a balanced work day. The pay was not high but it balanced out with paid holidays and time off.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
not much room for growth
Excellent Work Place
GFE Specialist and Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 18, 2017
Loved working here, unfortunately company bought out by another bank and all employees let go. Friendly atmosphere with stress free environment. Still friends with ex-employees.
Pros
Everyone got along
Cons
Company closed
productive and fun place to learn
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2017
I was at all levels while here and was able to learn a lot . I liked the hours and enjoyed the operational side of the jobs and each position I learned. The management team I worked under was extremely knowledgeable
Pros
learned a lot of each postion and rules and regs
Cons
because of training the salary was on the low side
Very conservative
Purchasing Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 5, 2017
It was a steady job but pay was very little, you couldn't listen to the radio nor music. No computers to help you with your work. Lunch was only a haft hour, you would have to sign in and sign out.
Pros
Steady job and good benefits.
Cons
very little social activities with co-workers.
Productive and great workplace of banking institution.
Bank Teller performing banking transactions (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 27, 2017
Usually, I got to greet the customers and perform the financial services for them and satisfied their needs on the daily basis. Interacted with the manager and colleagues and enjoyed working with a group of amiable and friendly people in the comfortable environment.
Pros
Enough time to have lunch
ok place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2017
The manager was no comprehensive at all
very quiet place
people were nice too
Clients very polite
provided good customer service
clean workplace
I left in 2008
A productive and inspiring place to work
AVP of Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Glen Rock, NJJune 1, 2017
Working in the Operations department was very interesting because it involved various aspects of the banking business. I had to make sure all customer information was protected while still sharing information with affiliated vendors. Verified that we complied with auditing procedures. Wrote WFL’s to automate jobs and processes. Collaborated with the implementation of patches and regulation to different program applications. Oversee the maintenance of Unisys Mainframe and Xerox printers as well as other peripheral equipment. Created status reports for management, answered emails and reviewed daily system logs for bended jobs, attended weekly meetings, and met with vendors. Reconciled financial reports and made sure all files, forms and statements printed were delivered on time.Confirmed that staff comprehended and complied with professional standards, internal policies and procedures. I really enjoyed my position despite the tight deadlines and sensitive handling of information
Pros
Ongoing learning process
Cons
Problem phone calls at 2:00 AM
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 21, 2017
Loved this job the best job I ever had people were great no stress worked alone had enough work to keep me busy medium pace I would recommend to work there
Pros
Great work environment
Closed due to Merger
Corporate Trainer, HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 1, 2017
This company is no longer active due to merging with another bank. Prior to the merger salaries were low and there were few opportunities for advancement.
Very productive laid back place to work
Desktop Technician - Help Desk Level II (Former Employee) –  Glen Rock, NJJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at HCSB would start by logging into Sales Force (A web based ticketing system) review my tickets and begin calling and working with the various bank branches on there multiple desktops and laptops, printers and scanners issues both hardware and software related. I learned a lot from HCSB how to handle huge work loads, great over the phone troubleshooting skills, and a lot of different software. I think the most enjoyable part of working at HCSB was the people we really were a family all working to get the job done and keep all our users happy.
this company was bought out by M&T Bank
Assistant Vice President of Originations (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 30, 2017
this company was bought out by M&T Bank . I was hired as an AVP of Origination for this portfolio lender to train underwriters and work with all regs to get up and running with Freddie Mac.
Hudson City was a wonderful working experience in every way
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Milford, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Hudson City Savings Bank was a wonderful place to work and an even better place to bank for the customers in the branch where I worked. Our coworkers and our customers were family. When M&T took over, everything changed. The customers were confused by changes that weren't completely explained to them. M&T cared more about making money in fees than they did about retaining satisfied customers. During the 6 months I worked for that bank, I saw many valued customers close their accounts and move to other banks. It was devastating. I finally retired after 7 years at that location because I could no longer deal with the way they did business. To prove how much Hudson City meant to me, I published a book of poems and prose called You Can Bank on Me about my fellow workers and my customers at the bank. It is available on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com
Pros
Close to home, enjoyable work atmosphere, fully paid health insurance
Cons
Hourly rate was not good, but having health insurance paid for made up for the lower salary.
A great place to work.
Mail Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 15, 2017
I worked as a Mail room supervisor, and co-existed with the stock room. We all worked as a team to get the job done, either on the mail side or stock side. If we had a day when work was hard, and had a lot of projects to accomplish we all band together and get it done. I learned a lot at the bank,I learn to manage, be better on the computer and learned how things run in an office environment. We all worked well with upper management.
Pros
A non hostile place where everyone is friendly and pleasant.
Cons
Pay not very well.
Wish I still worked for them
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 30, 2016
Unfortunately, the bank merged with M&T Bank and many people were laid off. However, the benefits and severance package was excellent
Cons
Bank out of business
Enjoy working along side with my co-workers and i loved my job.
Mtg Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 7, 2016
Every morning waking up i was very pleased to go to work because I knew that each day was going to be a new leaning experience. I would go in to work and would always receive a warm good morning with a smile. Each day their was always something new to learn. I was always eager to learn and apply the new skills. All the managers and co-workers were always there if I needed a helping hand with anything. They were all worker friendly. Their were no hard part of my job because I enjoyed it all. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship that I had with the borrowers, brokers and attorneys. I enjoyed helping them complete the full process of their applications.
great benefits
messenger,inventory control,mail handler (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 6, 2016
work day includes processing work orders, assigning duties to messengers,daily inventory and special duty assignments.great team to work with.management always at hand to work out problem solving.
Pros
free coffee, affordable cafeteria
Cons
not much room for advancement
Like working for your family
Branch Teller (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTAugust 28, 2016
Very laid back atmosphere and management treats you like family. Banking hours are terrific as well, but horrible compensation and very little pay raise when/if you get promoted.
Pros
Atmosphere, hours
Cons
Compensation
great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 11, 2016
great place to work. you meet great customers. effective management and great benefits. organized and detail oriented. great environment for learning and helping others with their financial issues.
Very nice work environment
Assistant head teller (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJuly 13, 2016
I absolutely loved working here! The staff was amazing and so were the customers! I advanced in this job quickly going from teller to assistant head teller. My new title meant more responsibilities, including : proving the vault, proving the branch, proving the ATM, pulling all the daily logs and the normal teller duties. The location I worked at was near the shore so it was a very fast paced branch which I loved!
A place that was great to work for.
Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 24, 2016
Unfortunately, I would only work for the place for 2 and a half years, I did my best to work my hardest to be a great employee. My co-workers enjoyed working with me. I learned how to input data in computer software, make out checks to municipalities, organize mortgage information in a certain order, organize municipalities in order, and refreshed my mind on Microsoft office. My co-workers liked me that I could communicate with them about work. Management liked me that I would work on whatever that they told me and I would ask questions to gain more knowledge on the job. The hardest part of the job had to be times where the tax season has been dead as well as when the summer start up on new bills to work on. The best part of working is working with numbers and working with my co-workers.
Pros
Decent breaks, great working environment, and great dential
Cons
Dead periods, health benefits not so great, and no time to take off in the summer.