Hudson County Community College Employee Reviews

Great Opportunities in HCCC
Part Time Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 9, 2016
I worked as a part time temp for Hudson County Community College for 3 years. Once you are settled, you feel as part of a well guarded family. Pleasant atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Holidays according to school schedule
Cons
n/a
Active and very productive work environment.
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 22, 2016
My day is complied with emails, filing, making copies, arranging meetings and assisting students when need be. I also draw up contracts for full time and adjunct professors.
Pros
Close to home and Path
Hccc
EOF- Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 18, 2016
EOF is awesome! You have some wonderful people within the college that can introduce you to different things and help you grow as a person
Division of Academic Support
Administrator, Division of Academic Support (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 24, 2016
In this department, the tutors are loosely managed by the Head Tutors (managers) and are encouraged to self guided in their work. Head tutors will hold training workshops periodically to keep tutors up to date, and in rare cases will intervene if a tutor falls too far off track.
Tutors are sometimes asked to help develop teaching tools such as review sheets or problem sets and will sometimes work alongside professors in class.
The overall culture in this department is relaxed and workers are self directed. Workers receive enough guidance without feeling micromanaged.
Poor quality workplace. Low motivation
employee (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 12, 2015
This organization located in Jersey City, NJ is a diverse urban university. Employee moral is low and there does not seem to be much loyalty or commitment to increasing employee engagement.
Great Place to Work
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 6, 2015
Great place to start at as you will learn a ton. Practically everything I learned has been from this place. Everyone is friendly.
For the students
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2015
It is a great place to work. The professors and Dean listens to the needs of the students. They make sure that they have recreational activities weekly.
Fun work place
Dean Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee) –  jersey city NJSeptember 15, 2015
Every one is nice and love to work with students, dean is a wonderful person. Its a nice clean environment. Co workers are great people.
Productive professional environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJJuly 30, 2015
Hudson Community College was a great opportunity. I achieved many interpersonal skills, such as great customer service, working under pressure. It was an amazing experience.
Nothing gets done.
Office Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2015
Not everyone is willing to work and get things done. I did not learn much in this department. The hardest part of my job was waiting for someone to figure out what should be done.
Proud to work for Hudson County Community College
Financial Aid Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2015
I t was a wonderful experience and I have learned important knowledge about Financial Aid and State application and process.
Working at Hudson County Community College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 8, 2015
A typical day at Hudson County Community College starts with scanning documentation. These types of documents included applications, immunization records, transcripts, and request forms ( ex. graduation audits and change of majors). After the scanning of documentation we help out students who have difficulty with the College whether it be logging into their online accounts or directing them to solutions with the college.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, Friendly Environment
Productive and fun place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 24, 2015
My co-workers are really helpful and nice. I learned about all the tests and scores, i got better at communicating with people and answering their questions. This is my very first job and i absolutely love it! When there is nothing to do you can always do your homework or whatever you have to get done.
Pros
flexible schedule, do hwork during free time
Multi-Cultural, Learning Environment
Notetaker/Reader (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Everyday is challenging, you learn something new, feel very good of yourself being able to help and assist others with disability issues go ahead in life and succeed.
Pros
flexible schedule, learing environment, helpful environment
Cons
no benefits.
Good Work Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
I like working here. Everyone is helpful; they are clear on our objectives. I was surprised by how the administrative shows its appreciation for its adjunct staff, despite being adjunct staff.
Pros
some resources
Cons
some resources
Learned a lot about my skill set I usually do not recognize.
Note Taker/Reader (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Taking notes for others left me with a broader sense of fulfillment, especially for those in need of my assistance.
Poor Management but a good place to start
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Being a tutor allows you to earn from a part time job while keeping up with you academics. The job is fairly simple. Students make appointments with you for certain classes. If you're student doesn't show up, you can work on your own work which is good. Management is often poor though which can make certain jobs stressful. Overall, it's a good place for students to work.
Pros
relaxed work, easy to take off if needed.
Cons
poor management
Workstudy
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  161 Sip Ave Jersey City, NJ 07305December 26, 2014
Get up early, answered phones, sometimes the staff was not present. I was an easy job, got for someone in college
Pros
could go out and get lunch, was stress free
Cons
early hours, not good pay, not enough hours
Open possibilities
Librarian Assistant (Lab assistant) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2014
Picking up overnight book drop off, managing computer system and wifi access, Sorting and organizing book catalog. Learning is part of the job, Access to all subjects and books which help the individual expand their abilities to help anyone who sought help in various fields of study. The hardest part was preparing class seminars on how to properly use the libraries resources. Everything was enjoyable. Worked closely with scholars, techs, and experts in all walks of life.
Pros
school work/ learning and helping people.
Cons
no health benefits or long term placements
Productive scholastic enviornment
Notetaker/Student Aid (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2014
Working directly for students in class has enabled me to relate to those in different ways depending on their level of help needed. This experience has helped me grow as a videographer/producer by learning how to take a thought and translate it so that others can understand simply. This skill has been directly useful when trying to coordinate with screenwriters/directors/actors.
Pros
flexible schedule, increasing my ability to work with those in need
Cons
low pay, part time ( limited hours)

4.2