Hudson County Community College Employee Reviews

in between job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 4, 2017
part-time job it helped me during my college years because of the flexible schedule. Experience gained in costumer service and hospitality but now is time to move on.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
non-paid vacations, sick hours. No benefits at all.
Provide answers to general public inquiries through telephone, emails and written correspondence.
Administrative Assistant- Financial Aid Office (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 28, 2017
Assist other department staff with the coordination of student financial aid, review and process, and input board of Governors fee Waiver applications
Pros
Sometime in the begining of school.
Cons
N/a
College
Testing Aide-Testing & Assessment Department (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 22, 2017
Providing Outstanding customer service. Understanding how to have patience. Managements skills are very important in any work place. Culture and diversity play a important part to help maintain a healthy work environment. Hardest part of a job is leaving it especially if it a job you enjoy. The most enjoyable part is knowing you are alway providing outstanding work and being helpful to others.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
No Benefits
Evening hours are great for people who need a second job
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 17, 2017
Its great as a part time job. Not a stressful job. The hardest part of the job is finding parking if you don't arrive early. There are always people willing to help if you need it.
Positive, team working environment
Part time Assistant to the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 17, 2017
Everyone works together
Office management skills
Team work building
Friendly environment
balancing multiple projects at one time
working together with multiple people and department
Pros
lunch provided during long meetings, friendly work people
Cons
long meetings
Lunch together with co-worker
Grant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment whereby every employee feel at home and work individual. Most of the time team work is our first priority to make sure we accomplish company's goal.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great benefits, but laughable salary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 31, 2017
Work culture of micromanagement and and increasing responsibilities without commensurate pay. Employees are frequently let go without thorough reasoning behind the decision nor adequate notice.
A good place for a temporary job
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2017
The politics of the college drives productivity to a constant halt. I was lucky to have a great supervisor and manager, but i had a new director come in and more than haf of my department was cut even though he mangaed to hire two of his own associates for jobs that he created.
Pros
pay was always done in a timely manor
Cons
politics
Great if you love the academic atmosphere
Notetaker/Scribe (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2017
It's a college. You either love it or hate it. The professors are nice and understanding (most of the time). As a notertaker you get all the experiences a students gets you just don't have to do any of the homework or class assignments.
fun work place
Receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 28, 2017
I work with highschool teenagers and adults the art of culinary. I enjoy doing what i do, teaching and preparing these young adult for life; and food is a part and very essential.
Pros
wonderful work place
Cons
Very educating and friendly environment.
Docent (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 15, 2017
An ordinary work day starts at 11:00 am with employees signing in at the supervisors office before entering the gallery. An employees job is to ensure our guests have the most enriching experience possible when examining the pieces of art present in the gallery and to answer all possible questions they may have and informing them of events that are being hosted at the gallery as well.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks
exelent company to work
Student Assistant/ESL Department (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJJune 15, 2017
I answered the phone calls and transferred to the appropriate department.
I help to the teachers for to get the supplies they need.
I was also in charge of the book inventory.
Very organized.
Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2017
Hudson County Community College is a very organized college to work at. The management is very fair. The procedures are very well organized. The communication between staff is excellent.
Cool place to work
Professional Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey cityMay 27, 2017
Hudson County Community College is a great place to be employed. The workers are all welcoming and accepting, no matter your race or culture. The supervisors are very understanding.
Very supportive supervisor
Library Assistant Clerk (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJMay 26, 2017
A day at work if full of kindness. There is always something to do. Team members make a work day even more special. I learned how to deal with diferrent personalities, maintain order by reshelving books. The hardest part of the job is that many of our guests struggled with the libraries policies, and thought I was taking it personal. I really enjoyed bonding with my co workers.
Pros
flexible schedule that adapted to my college schedule.
There is room for imrovement, especially in terms of pay rate.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 26, 2017
As an adjunct at HCCC, it is frustrating in terms of having available work all year round.
As an adjunct, summer work is essential, particularly since we are ineligible for any type of unemployment benefits. If there aren't any other means of income, it becomes a hardship.
However, working with the students is quite awesome and rewarding.
Pros
Students seem appreciative, especially at NHC
Cons
Parking is very hard, especially for student body
Tutor & Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 24, 2017
I would recommend others to work here. It is an a good opportunity to learn and develop professional skills particularly for those interested in pursuing careers in education.
Relaxed
ESL Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJApril 17, 2017
• Provided assistance to students, faculty and computer users of the open and Instructional Labs with supported software and hardware.
• Demonstrated professional and courteous demeanor while providing and maintaining a friendly user environment in the lab.
Easy to do honestly
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2017
If you have great penmanship and genuinely care about people with difficulties furthering their education, then this is the job for you. Only downside is if school is out(eg. xmas/spring break or summer) you won't have any income.
Taught there 18 years. Learning friendly
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR - Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 17, 2017
Your college experience should be just that: an experience. There’s more to college than just attending classes. We want your time at Hudson County Community College (HCCC) to contribute to your social and intellectual growth as well as your academic growth so that when you graduate, you are a well-rounded individual prepared to embrace all the world has to offer.

Through our Student Activities Office, HCCC offers a variety of opportunities at our Journal Square and North Hudson campuses for students to engage in activities that allow them to fulfill recreational and cultural needs and interests. We have more than 25 active clubs and organizations geared toward student interests and/or majors such as nursing and the culinary arts. We organize a yearly spring break trip, as well as trips and discounted tickets to sporting events and area cultural events. We assist with new student orientation each fall and our yearly Leadership Training and Student Awards Ceremony honors meritorious students.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Hard to find parking