Hudson County Community College

Hudson County Community College United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, do hwork during free time
Cons: none
My co-workers are really helpful and nice. I learned about all the tests and scores, i got better at communicating with people and answering their questions. This is my very first job and i absolutely love it! When there is nothing to do you can always do your homework or whatever you have to get done.
Multi-Cultural, Learning Environment
Notetaker/Reader (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, learing environment, helpful environment
Cons: no benefits.
Everyday is challenging, you learn something new, feel very good of yourself being able to help and assist others with disability issues go ahead in life and succeed.
Good Work Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: some resources
Cons: some resources
I like working here. Everyone is helpful; they are clear on our objectives. I was surprised by how the administrative shows its appreciation for its adjunct staff, despite being adjunct staff.
Learned a lot about my skill set I usually do not recognize.
Note Taker/Reader (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Taking notes for others left me with a broader sense of fulfillment, especially for those in need of my assistance.
Poor Management but a good place to start
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: relaxed work, easy to take off if needed.
Cons: poor management
Being a tutor allows you to earn from a part time job while keeping up with you academics. The job is fairly simple. Students make appointments with you for certain classes. If you're student doesn't show up, you can work on your own work which is good. Management is often poor though which can make certain jobs stressful. Overall, it's a good place for students to work.
Workstudy
Office Assistant (Current Employee), 161 Sip Ave Jersey City, NJ 07305December 26, 2014
Pros: could go out and get lunch, was stress free
Cons: early hours, not good pay, not enough hours
Get up early, answered phones, sometimes the staff was not present. I was an easy job, got for someone in college
Open possibilities
Librarian Assistant (Lab assistant) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: school work/ learning and helping people.
Cons: no health benefits or long term placements
Picking up overnight book drop off, managing computer system and wifi access, Sorting and organizing book catalog. Learning is part of the job, Access to all subjects and books which help the individual expand their abilities to help anyone who sought help in various fields of study. The hardest part was preparing class seminars on how to properly use the libraries resources. Everything was enjoyable. Worked closely with scholars, techs, and experts in all walks of life.
Productive scholastic enviornment
Notetaker/Student Aid (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, increasing my ability to work with those in need
Cons: low pay, part time ( limited hours)
Working directly for students in class has enabled me to relate to those in different ways depending on their level of help needed. This experience has helped me grow as a videographer/producer by learning how to take a thought and translate it so that others can understand simply. This skill has been directly useful when trying to coordinate with screenwriters/directors/actors.
Excellent Remedial Program for Struggling Students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2014
I taught Foundations classes (reading and writing) for the Academic Foundations English Department. The management was/is excellent and the work rewarding.
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 15 breaks, healthcare.
 Provided quality assistance and support to students needing assistance with Microsoft Excel, World and PowerPoint.
 Performed all open closing operations of the lab according to established procedures
 Monitored the lab to verify that all Laboratory Rules and Procedures were being followed.
 Walk around the lab from time to time (at last every five minutes) offer help
When necessary; be aware of what’s going on.
 Checked student photo ID’s card to verify their current and active status at the College
Office setting
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee), Union City, NJApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work consist of making yourself available to see all students that require any information or seek help with school Financial Aid. I work in a office that have 10+ Employees, Faculty, Directors, all in different departments. My job is not hard at all it's very enjoyable, it takes alot to remember all the required information, but it's great for the experience. Not only are you doing office work you are able to learn all the details about student Financial Aid.
Productive and Rewarding
English Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2014
Pros: my students want to learn.
Cons: my students get stressed out at the end of the semester.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing students at the beginning of the semester, come in and have no clue of writing a standard five paragraph. Once they get the concepts and become confident writers you see a since of pride in each individual student.
The ability to make a positive impact on the lives of our future professionals is unparallel.
Instructor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 18, 2014
Working in the non-credit Community Education division of the college has provided a great opportunity for me to utilize my teaching ability for a multicultural student population. The challenge is always to take a difficult topic and make it presentable and learnable to students who have English as a second language. The majority receive my instruction with great enthusiasm and gratitude and as a result have, overall, met or exceeded the academic requirement for completing each course. Seeing their accomplishment is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. Having to say good-bye is the hardest.
Enriching environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment, nice students, good hours
Cons: low pay, difficult to advance
Teaching here on Saturday mornings is a great way to keep academics in my life since I am no longer a student. There is a lot of freedom to develop lesson plans, lectures, exams, and classroom activities. The students are diverse and in political science, those different points of view contribute positively to all classroom discussions.
Fun and great people
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 6, 2014
One of the things is having lots and lots of patience...
Co-workers are awesome.....
Hudson County Community College Where Education is a Priority
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: doing a job wel done
Cons: i work as a part time temp. would prefer full time employment
Time Sheets are handed in by the department supervisors by a regulated timeline. I learned how crucial accuracy is in processing payment to keep a balance in check for the accounting department. I answer to the Payroll Manager. The job is not difficult per say. It is extremely detailed oriented. My reward comes from knowing that all 400+ time sheets are processed accordingly.
Excellent student experience
Nurse student (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: very organized, very good higyene, up-to-date info; friendly staff
Excellent millieu for students
Teachers and administration very helpful and knowledgeable
student ammbasdor
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 18, 2014
As my time as a Student Ambassador I was also a full time student at Hudson County Community College . I was able to show off my excellent customer skills by helping prospective students enroll in school. The hardest part about the job was the pay. I was unable to stay a full time student and raise a family with minimum income.
Fun workplace
Evening Administrator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 10, 2014
Fun and exciting. Talking with students and helping them to navigate the college life.
Good place for a student to work
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 17, 2013
I was recommended by the staff and it was a fun and friendly environment since I knew everyone in the office.

1 2 3