Hudson Group Employee Reviews in United States

Love meeting different kind of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 22, 2016
Dealing with the cash rap love making changes getting to know different kind of magazines meeting people from different countries learning different languages
Not a employee friendly place to work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2016
Could be a good place to work if management cared for their employees. Schedule posted Sunday night for Monday morning. Loyal employees and inconsistent employees are treated no different. Compensation is okay, but turnover rate is enormous. Management is disrespectful and talks down to employees, creating a hostile environment, not friendly to employee input. Most co-workers were looking for other employment
Pros
pay was okay.
Cons
bad workplace atmosphere and management .
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA 70065July 1, 2016
This job was very detailed! You must have a proficient use of customer service because you will communicate with employees and customers daily.
Pros
nice job
Cons
nice job
Great place to meet all different kinds of important people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2016
My typical day at work would be come in go to the main store to see where I am working for the day, go to desire area to work and count my register make sure its 200 dollars in my draw to start working and begin helping customers find what are looking for and making sure that there being taken care of in a respective manner. I learn how to take on the store on my own in case my supervisor or manager cant get to my store for a issue or problem. My co-workers are very helpful and there to help me complete our job at a fast pace manner so that the customers make there flights on time. The hardest part of my job was working for a company that was very unorganized and not so professional people. My most enjoyable part of my job is meeting famous people and just different people all around the world.
Pros
great benefits and work around my school schedule
Cons
working with unprofessional people and people that dont care about there employees
Hudson doesn't care about employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  miami, floridaJune 2, 2016
Sadly there's no support or care for employees. We were not allowed to speak to other airport employees, co workers or within our own store. There were hidden camara, taking pictures and people spying to see what everyone did making us feel like we were thieves. Skip days as days off, no consideration for keeping stores open late or the hours some people were unable to complete, cut hours and regional manager saying if we didn't like it there was the door, that they don't like to give us the employees steady days off or steady schedule hours.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no care for the employees
its okay
Retail specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 8, 2016
Depending on the manager it can be a fun place to work if the managers are in their good mood.
cons: if you are a college student dont apply there
Pros
supervisor are cool
Cons
not for college students, they dont prioritize school
Very busy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 18, 2016
My review on Hudson news was over all very experiencing. I came across multiple kinds off different people who speak different languages etc on a day to day basis. It was very fun and time consuming.
Pros
Union company
Cons
short breaks
it's a very claustry place, with a lot of restrictions
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 22, 2016
I have enjoyed working here, because I am a person who likes people, I have a great satisfaction, when I can help them with what they looking for. working as a team with my coworkers it's a pleasure.
Supervisors/Management team needs communication.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 20, 2016
I worked for this company a little over 6 years. I met a lot of great people and then some. I developed great customer service skills, multi-task, retail sales, inventory, merchandising, etc. throughout the years I dealt with about 3 GM changes. The company and pay is great but when you get bad GMs then you are basically doom! The office life with co-managers have a lot of tension and drama, maybe it's only in this location but the people behind those close doors will drag you down to the ground just so they can "up" you. I guess it's a typical "work" drama.... Corporate and CEO should know about it because harassment between co-managers/sups happens. Not physically but most definitely, emotionally. This is how a company looses a great employee in the present and future.
Pros
Associates are great. Met lots of fun people from other areas.
Cons
Co-supervisors/ management. Favoritism. Politics. Drama
Hudson News
MAY 2014Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLMarch 17, 2016
I absolutely loved my job and my customers. The company and manager however, awful ! I did learn how to completely multi-task. I also learned how to work inside a cafe, sub shoppe, and independently placed kiosk's.
Pros
Getting off duty at 12:00pm
Cons
Dealing with favoritism.
Customer service. cashier. Sales.
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 19, 2016
Provide good customer service. Retail stores located at the airport. Could be busy at times. Low pay. Limited opportunity of growth or advancement. Good management. Blah!
It was fun while it lasted
Assistant Warehouse Maintainer Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Overall the job was great when I started I met a lot of great people at the job but as time went on a lot of changes been made and a lot of my friends at the job got fired and I feel I was the last man standing so they had it out for me
Pros
Food
Treat the customers better.
Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2016
They would put a single person in the busiest store in the entire airport with no help. You could call for help but it would take 15 minutes for someone to come down IF they even answered their phone at all. The customers would have to wait mass amounts of time and sometimes even drop everything they had and leave.
Pros
Pretty good pay.
Cons
They don't care about the customers seems like.
Poor management
Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A very bad company to work for, management is over loaded working non stop more than 60 hours a week. No advancement, poor upper management skills. A horrible place to work.
Day at work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Days often went fast especially when everything was under my control. I handled a cafe by myself with great crowds arriving from various locations. It was a pretty easy job especially when you know what to do. Coworkers always followed my lead and my manager didn't even need to check up on me because the cafe was definitely under control. Hardest part of a job would be returns due to the fact that a manager can only process a return/refund.
Pros
The cafe was basically my store as I took great care of it
Cons
Short break, pay
Productive company
Stock/Logistic Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. Everyone came to work with a good attitude about the work day. I learned data entry so that skill is well needed.
growing company
Store Associate, Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2016
I have enjoyed working for this company but feel it is time to move on to a job were I can grow more and make more of a living. I have advanced working at Hudson News but feel I would enjoy working in another field more.
Pros
advanced in the company
Cons
not mant raises even with job advancement, management issues
great company to work for
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work is having a good atmosphere with co-workers and customer. Management team is great. Employees come from different ethnic groups and are great to work with. It does not seem that their is a hard part for this job. This is a very good place to work to work for.
Food prep/handler
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2015
Great overnight job fast paced turn over really high, I tried to stay but management changed to many times to be accurate about exactly what to do.
Pros
HOURS
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Great Boss
Lease Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 24, 2015
learn a lot. Supervisor always motivates you. Learn more than just the Job functions.Co-workers are very helpful if you new at the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8