Hudson Group

Hudson Group Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), californiaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: secure place to be at
Cons: restaurant lines to buy lunch always long
i love working at the airport great place always meeting new peoplefrom all over the world. i worked with great people helping each other as team was always fun made wanting go to work everyday.
Alot of data entry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day of work is what I went there to do everyday. Data Entry and customer service. I learned more data entry skills. My management was horrible and the co workers were okay.
Key Carrier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great for fast paced retail
Cons: better system
Productive fun and a lot of interaction with clients
Fast paced retail environment
logistics
great associates
working with travelers is a plus
Interesting place to meet new people.
Book Store Cashier (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: full time, health benefits, room for advancement, pay increases
Cons: health benefits, general management
Typical day at work is helping passengers find items that they are looking for such as reading material or snacks for their flight. The morning shifts are responsible for restocking product and receiving orders when they arrive. Ive learned a lot about books and authors and just how to help an individual when they are trying to find the perfect book. Management is a little on the lacking side. My immediate store manager is great, she speaks to you as an equal and not as someone who is below her. General management for the company could use some work. They rarely speak to the associates and personally make me feel like they wouldn't listen if we should ever have a work related problem. My coworkers are for the most part awesome. As in every job you get the good and the bad. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get product from our receiving area due to security reasons. It makes for a slow work day when we have nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to speak to customers about the books I enjoy and have them consider it.
not professional company
sales, cashier (Former Employee), San joseJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short break, no respect
Not professional company...dnt work for dem..dey dnt respect u..too much favoritism
not a good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2015
Management sucks. If they do not like you, your hours are cut. Very hard manager to work for.
hudson group
Sales associate, cashier, customer service (Current Employee), los angeles CAJanuary 6, 2015
fun productive environment
very busy multi-tasking workplace
Not bad
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2015
The idea of working in the airport is fun. They put a to on you, but aren't so strict that you feel stressed all the time. The environment is very fast paced.
Fast-paced Airport environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2014
*Provided Customer Service to satisfy customer’s need

*Organized floor plan and arranged products to meet company standards

*Completed numerous financial transactions in a demanding environment
Crew
Crew (Former Employee), houston, txDecember 11, 2014
I learned how to cook and work with customers at the same time it was an ok experience
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/ Costumer (Former Employee), MIAMIDecember 9, 2014
Nice place to work if you are in college and need a part time job.
Joyful, good environment to work at.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Carson, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, sick days and paid vacation
Cons: didn't live up to their promise
I liked working there, friendly people to work with. Supervisors were easy to get along with.
Interesting airport atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
Cons: long days 4am to 10pm at times
Managing at an airport was an experience like no other because you have to really know how to maneuver politically between TSA, Port Authority, the various airline management and your own bosses.
Difficult Management
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Int Airport, VAOctober 27, 2014
My experience with management was o.k. but I can see how some would not say the same. The manager would fire people if they caused him any inconvenience (i.e. person was in auto accident and in the hospital and he called HR to find out how long he had to wait before he could terminate that person.) The pay is great as are the benefits.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A great company to work with but most supervisors and managers are favoritism. management is ok but they need to provide more proof of any incident caused by employees. some supervisors are so lazy.
Great Job, Learned alot
General Manager (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: trips to las vegas, building two new stores
Cons: no raises, no support from my manager
I Loved being the General Manager of the Hudson Group at the Burlington Airport. I started with one store and was a major person in getting the other two stores up and running. I had a great team all the ones I hired were the same ones I had when I left. I had the lowest turnover in the companys 400+ stores. I also did all the ordering for three stores from over 175 venders. Hardest part was the company cutting the hours I could use. So I was working over 65 hours a week and no time off. Also not getting any pay raises. I loved my job, employees and customers we had a lot of fun. I still see some of them.
Don't Bother!
Warehouse Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terminal 4August 27, 2014
Pros: you get to apply to other companies within the airport once you get your id/clearance
Cons: everything!
If you're the kind of person who wants to work in fear all the time, afraid to ask questions, afraid to make suggestions, afraid to just come in, do your work and avoid conflict and take blatant disrespect to your personal character and don't want to go anywhere and stay for 8.50 per/hr in HOPES to become a SUPERVISOR that will STILL get treated like you're less than with a bunch of people who do nothing but nitpick all day when the work is easy and doesn't take brain power to do but you still get talked down to on a daily basis... APPLY HERE ASAP!!!

IF NOT... DON'T BOTHER. And this isn't coming from a disgruntled ex-employee, this is coming from the whole staff, I'm just the one brave enough to give a review.
productive and fun wok day
RETAIL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Chicago O'Hare AirportAugust 15, 2014
a typical day at Hudson for me I would call it a busy day. working at an airport can be fun and hard at the same time. being at Hudson I learned many things such as treating all customers and co workers with respect. One of the hardest things about my job is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of this job is making one of my customers day go from bad to wonderful putting a smile o their face makes me happy as well because I know I did something good.
IN THE BEGINNING IT WAS A VERY FUN AND PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK!!!!
cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TxAugust 8, 2014
Cons: everything
HUDSON NEWS IS NOT A BAD PLACE TO WORK ITS THE MANGEMENT THAT GIVES THE COMPANY A BAD NAME, I'VE WORKED AT THE HOUSTON HOBBY LOCATION IT WAS THE WORSE SIX YEARS OF MY LIFE, FRM THE GM ON DWN TO THE SUPERVISORS YOU WOULD HAVE TO PUT SOMEBODY IN THEIR PLACE EVERYDAY IT'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES OR STRESS.
Fun and exciting workplace.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 5, 2014
I love working with Hudson Group at JFK International Airport. Meet new and different people all the time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hudson Group

Hudson Group doesn't care if you're traveling to Pasadena, California, or Poughkeepsie, New York, as long as you stop over in – Read more