Hudson Guild

Hudson Guild United States Employee Reviews

A fun and learning environment where its almost like a family.
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: i met new people, networking myself, perfecting my skills with kids.
Cons: i cant think of any cons.
Hudson Guild is a community center where the youth go for youth services. I interned there and it was a pleasurable experience. I had to work with middle school students and they were fun and spontaneous. It was never a boring day. I learned to help and make sure that these future high school freshmen were on the right path. The hardest part of the job was telling the students to settle down and be quiet because it was very time consuming and a waste of valuable instructional time. The most enjoyable was when we went to the recreational center and played some dodgeball.
wonderful non profit organization
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: free trips and partys
Cons: rude parents and tardiness parents
enjoyed working with little children in my community even teens. with projects, play, events , homework, voulnteering, this is a very good organzation that has helped me grow and get me ready for the future. ive worked at the hudsn guild from 14 years old til i was 18 and everyone in this organization cares about your hope and dreams and will help you get where you want to be. the hardest part about this job was communicating with angry parents the enjoyable part was working ang helping children plus parents and going to curricular actitvies and trips after work also learning about collge and other cultures around us.
Productive and outgoing place to work.
Receptionist/Clerical Support (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2012
Pros: abilitity to meet new people
Cons: healthcare, pay, room for growth
A typical day at work would be busy and entertaining. You learn that you cannot always satisfy everyone. Therefore you have to have the ability and patience to try your best. The Management team was helpful in certain situation's, but for the most part you had to think and make decisions that would best fit you and the company. Their were many obstacles I had to overcome to be successful at this work place, however I wouldn't say anything was hard. A challenge is more of a word I would use. You are always challenging yourself to be the best you could be and shine. The end of the day would be the most enjoyable part, because you leave work feeling accomplished.
Help kids with home work
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
It was a learning experience. Working with kids is not easy.But I love kids.
Fun work place
Junior Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2012
Pros: make friends, hour breaks, programs for teen workers were provided
Cons: behavioral problems from the children
Monitored students during meals, trips, and recess
Taught students respect for adults and each other
Worked with students on communication and interactive skills
Assisted students with creative projects
Attended workshops on developing and improving my skills
Assisted senior staff and managers as needed
Volunteered full time when work session was completed

Management was nice yet intimidating. Co-workers were nice but not all of them.
Calm and relaxed work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the day was helping people. My co-workers were helpful and gave me a lot of knowledge about the job. I learned how to answer the phone and greet people for a company. The management was very helpful and taught me a lot.