Hudson Headwaters Health Network Employee Reviews

great place to work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 12, 2017
I have worked for Hudson Headwaters for 12 yrs and have enjoyed my job every day. I work per diem 2 days a week but enjoy working with the patience and staff.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
the pay is low
Management is horrible
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMay 11, 2017
Management does not care about their employees, specifically the admin management. That only care about the bottom line. By far, the worst management I have ever worked for. My co-workers were friendly but were so unhappy with working there it was constant negative talk. They do not care how good of work you do. They nit pick your job performance, nothing is ever good enough. I think the organization as a whole is growing with great providers and services but you also need to make your employees happy. I'd rate this employer a negative zero if I could. Admin job seekers take warning!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor admin management
Fun, fast paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work was fun and busy. I learned a lot at Hudson Headwaters as it was my first medical office job in the career I chose. Unfortunately, management at Hudson Headwaters was often difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job was working with direct management for personal needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was having direct patient contact and making their day brighter!
Pros
Free Lunches, Direct patient contact
Cons
Managment
Excellent group of providers and nurses.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Excellent co-workers that work as a team to provide care to patients. I have become a stronger provider because I worked with the providers and nurses at this job.
Terrible nurse manager at WMPC
LPN (Former Employee) –  WMPCJanuary 25, 2015
Terrible management at the West Mountain office. The nurse manager at this office is terrible....was never even in the office so she had no idea about anything that was going on there.....when she was there, all she did was work on the schedule, but had no clue about anything nurse-related. She showed major favoritism & was always in a bad mood!! Worst boss I've ever had! Most of the time she was too busy flirting with the guy in the purchasing department to care about her job as the nurse manager! She never checked in with any of her employees to see how they were doing or if they needed help & I think her face would have cracked if she ever smiled!! No thanks, I'll pass!!
Horrible management, good ins
admin (Former Employee) –  Carey RdAugust 18, 2014
Ins insurance is great, pay is so-so. Management is all in who you are related to. Personally would have never left my previous employer for this place but it wasn't awful. Again, the admin office managers are horrible. Spread confidential information.
Pros
insurance, work at own pace
Cons
Managers, short breaks, pay
ok place
L.P.N (Former Employee) –  Fort Edward, NYSeptember 22, 2013
I roomed patients for the MD and getting vitals and getting updated information. Called patients with test results. Gave flu shots and other shots
Pros
enjoyed working with community
Cons
pay
Work at your own pace
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, NYJune 19, 2013
Slow work environment made for long days when you like/need to be kept busy however it was rewarding helping those in need.
Pros
Room for advancement
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  glens falls, nySeptember 4, 2012
hard work, strenuous on back and eyes. i worked all three shifts during the course of my two years at cr bard. good benefits but you needed them because your body takes a beating because of the work that you do.
Pros
good hours, good benefits
Cons
body aches and pains
Enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chestertown, NYJuly 19, 2012
Fun place to work; slow in the winter; busy in the summer; great doctors; didn't have EMR when working
Pros
doctors
Cons
short breaks
Looking for new opportunities
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYApril 11, 2012
Open for discussion...

While there have been many issues with this organization I have gained valuable experiences and have learned many important lessons to be applied to my future career.
part time perdiem position
Per diem receptionists (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls New yorkFebruary 21, 2012
only work about 15-20 hours a month as a part time receptionist, like the job and environment very much been there six years, hours are great to work and they are very flexible.
Pros
nice providers to work with, sometimes free lunches, just a fun different change of pace
Cons
demanding patients, phones get busy, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Headwaters Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9