Hudson Health Plan Employee Reviews

Flexible
Claims Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 12, 2016
My management team was excellent. I loved working for Hudson Health Plan. Very family oriented. They care about their employees
Supportive Family Feel
Enrollment Operations F.E. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 26, 2016
My employer was my community, my family. The president knew my name before I knew hers and would make time to speak with everyone whenever she had the chance. The management was understanding and coworkers supportive. This company wanted you to succeed, whether within the company or beyond.
Friendly and professional work place with free coffee and sense of community
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 21, 2016
Typical day involved a lot of mail, but great management, modern systems, free coffee, security, and lots of seminars and education opprtunities available to us. Co-workers were great, family-like environment, professional. Hardest part was implementing changes to health care, but with good communication everyone got through it. Then there was the merge with MVP, which changed a lot of things including health benefits, but I learned a lot from them, things like customer service, introduction to different aspects of healthcare, and value of good team work.
Pros
Great teams, employee events and sports, bonuses
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative/Team lead (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 21, 2016
Typical work day is phones, phones, phones.
I learned Medical Insurance.
Management was good
Co workers were ok.
Hardest part of job was sitting almost 7 hrs a day.
Enjoyable part was getting to know alot of different people.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short braks/lunch
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYNovember 4, 2015
I had a great working experience working at Hudson Health Plan. From the values they set in place to the work environment, it was a great place to be and learn and grow.
Great Company to work for!
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, New YorkJuly 28, 2015
Hudson Health Plan, a leading subsidized health insurer has been a great company to work for. The CEO know everyone by name and is very connected to her staff of over 300 people. The people that work here are extremely nice and we all work very well together. Everyone knows there job very well and the company runs very smoothly. This is indicated by the overall no. 1 customer service rating by the state of New York for the last 13 years! There really aren't many bad things to say about the company. Its been a very positive experience for me over the years.
Excellent team
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 8, 2015
the office is usually quiet, endless opportunity to learn. Management ultimately rely on employees to give review of others in order to promote. My co-workers for the most part was friendly, but definitely don't like to see others doing better. For those reason they wont train you for furthering your experience. the hardest part of the job is relying on coworkers to train you. the most enjoyable part of a job is gaining experience.
Pros
Cons
petty
nice colleges
BI Engineer (Current Employee) –  TarrytownMay 14, 2015
learned a lot from each other, not only job skills but also life style. It is a pleasure to work with people in Hudson Health Plan.
The best job i had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 19, 2015
My time there was amazing loved going to work, good friends, wonderful customer care staff. My claims position was awesome i loved coming in and work independently wish i was still there.
Fun and Stressful at the same time
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 19, 2015
It's a fun place to be but can also drive you crazy. Lot's of a great people to work with, but sometimes gets hectic and the management sometimes adds more work to your already big work load.

It'll be a busy day and then expect you to stay late and if you decline they'll get mad.
Pros
Set schedule. Monday - Friday 8:30-5. Weekends off
Cons
Work load.
Deplorable Work Environment
Administrative Support, WCAP (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 23, 2014
If you are in the Healthcare field it is not a bad place to work because of the opportunities to help others in this environment. However in my day to day work trying to support the staff of the WCAP program, my co-workers were not welcoming. They did not want me apart of their staff and it felt that way not too long after I came on-board. It is an office environment with "cliques" and this made my work even more difficult. Management is under pressure due to new ownership. I enjoyed the projects I was able to work on and learned how to design workflows.
Productive, Fast-paced, Gratifying
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 13, 2014
Always something to do! Hardest part would be the continuous changes in the Health Insurance world.
Great company, Alot of room for growth
Office Assistant, Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 18, 2014
-9-5 type of occupation
- Have learned so much about the health care field
-Management can be improved
-Co workers are the best
-Hardest part about the job is finding somewhere to eat in the area
-Best part about the job is the enviroment, very comfortable
Overall good company
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 25, 2014
Good Company to work for. Non-profit. staff is friendly, managers are friendly.
Productive Work Place
Bilingual Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to work, I have learned a lot about Medicaid and how it applies to doctors and members who use it.

The turnover rate is not high, so most people there have worked their for several years, if not their whole life. The management team also consists of managers who were once employees.
Feels like Family and people i work with care
Great Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYJanuary 13, 2014
days came be busy or slow, but i get the pleasure of helping someone in need of something we all need-health insurance
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
no advancements
Amazing work experience at Hudson
Case Management Assistant/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 9, 2013
A typical day at HHP was a start time of 8:30am on the dot. The phones would start ringing and you would have to be already logged on and prepared to take calls. Answering calls from members, potential members, providers, vendors was a daily task. Providing authorizations, starting insurance applications, verifying eligibility are some of the many task.
I learned how to work closely with others, how to manage my time better, more patients, staying positive no matter the situation.
My co-workers in both departments were all team players and extremely friendly.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell potential members they did not qualify for the insurance because they were over the limit by just a few dollars.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was helping people get insurance to take care of their health. Also, working with a great management team was also enjoyable.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment, postive attitudes, great health benefits, friendly co-workers
Summers hours, on Fridays Workers got out Two hours earlier
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 6, 2013
A typical day at Hudson Health Plan was and could always be interesting, there was always a different task everyday, and as a service agent to users there was and could always be a different situation that needed attention. In the computer field there was something to learn everyday as Technology changed either with an Upgrade to Software, or Hardware for Development.
Management, as were Co-Workers was easy to get along with as all tried working together. When you loved what you do, job was not hard, and easiest part was when the people you served was satisfied.
Pros
Birthdays off, Bonuses
Cons
n/a
Productive and Balanced
Claims Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYAugust 29, 2012
I enjoy the work and the co-workers. The Management varies from person to person. I usually come in and go straight to work. I work part-time so i try to fit in as much as possible in one day.
Pros
free coffee!! room to grow.
Cons
too much gossip.
Excellent company
Claims Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 18, 2012
The company is excellent, the core values and respect for other is outstanding.

Management is very flexible and work with the employee. As long as you're doing your job, there's no problem.