Hudson River Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very Unprofessional Management
Health Care Assistant - Front and Back Office (Former Employee) –  Haverstraw, NYAugust 10, 2017
I worked for the company for one year, besides the constant inappropriate comments made by the Nurse Manager to the staff. the Nurse Manager constantly told lies to cover her inappropriate behavior. This made that job intolerable. Very high turnaround rate due to the unprofessionalism at that site. Even though the actual company is aware they do very little to change it. I don't recommend this job opportunity unless you are desperate for work. Loved working with my coworkers until they started leaving. The providers were great but are always changing also due to the lack of communication.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
poor training
I would not recommend
LPN (Current Employee) –  PeekskillAugust 1, 2017
Organization has questionable practices, HIPAA violations galore, staff not trained properly ,patients care sub standard. Management black ball employees who raise concerns of improper care or practices
Pros
Free Lunches all the time
Cons
Stressful, Poor management dissorgninzed
Love what I do. I enjoy working with my TEAMs.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockland County, NYJuly 11, 2017
I've worked at HRHCARE for over 5 years. I got promoted twice within the first 3 years. Love that there is opportunity for advancements. If you work hard and demonstrate your dedication and commitment to help others they will definitely take that into consideration when it involves growth within the organization. Everyday is not the same. Some days are more stressful then others but it all balances out. Very family oriented environment. Good job security. Great manager. She is very helpful and has helped me grow professionally. The organization is very mission driven. They try their best to help the patients not only in medical need but overall services such as housing and food. They do many events to help bring the community to our beautiful centers. Overall happy and very blessed with my job and the people I work with. One thing I would change is prior to higher administration making any operational changes suggestions should be asked to those who are actually working in the centers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great manager, wonderful organization
Cons
The more you work the more is expected of you
Very stressful and cut-throat environment. Cannot trust co-workers, spy for supervisor.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYJune 28, 2017
The manager was very dishonest, & unprofessional, lack managerial skills. Dishonest about the job description. Cut-throat environment cannot trust anyone.
Pros
Vacation & Sick Days
Cons
No breaks except lunch.
Workplace
Supervising Accountant (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 7, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Company mission is on point and as an organization they are caring to the people they serve and to their employees. Always have a willing to teach and promote with in the organization.
Great rewards require great work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 10, 2017
Every job has its ups and downs. Nowhere is perfect. The management works very hard to serve the people in the community. While not all of the managers are perfect, the VP is kind and approachable. He thinks nothing of sitting down as a front desk rep and registering a patient if needed. You will not find that anywhere else. Patients always come first. No job in healthcare is easy these days. They get funding from the government so pay could be a little better, but this job is so rewarding. You never know what you have until its gone. The staff works hard but again, the community is in such need that sometimes the days are really hard. But they help so many people. If you are not a hard worker, this is not the job for you. But if you are a hard worker, promotion is available. They hire/promote within whenever possible.
Pros
No better place to help the community
Cons
Many people in need in the area-more funding/good workers needed
mixed emotions
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 27, 2017
this job helped e grow as a person and as a medical assistant. However, there is way too much favoritism. There was a number of occasions when management would make me travel instead of putting the medical assistance into rotation like they were supposed to. Management was back and forth with knowing protocol and not knowing protocol. A lot of times the clinical nurse manager was not there and the other manager was not clinical and tried to run the clinical staff, that didn't work out that well.
Great place to work.
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 23, 2017
The company has good management and I would tell anyone to work for this company
the lunches and breaks were well put together. In all I really loved working there
Pros
Lunches were great
Cons
Over all a great company..
Mission driven organization with amazing staff who really care.
Manager (Current Employee) –  PeekskilllMarch 21, 2017
HRHCare is a great place to work. The staff are really committed to the patients. Pay and benefits are good. There are always new projects and efforts to improve, very innovative. Would recommend a friend to work here.
Pros
Flexible hours; staff really care about their work and the patients
Cons
Work way more than the standard hours
Mission driven, community focused, quality healthcare organization
Provider (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked with this organization for over 12 years, and although they have rapidly expanded in the past 5 years, they continue to be mission driven to care for the poor and underserved or their community. They pride themselves on delivering quality healthcare and access to all. There is always room for growth, and you can offer your feedback at all times. It is a national and state leader as a health center, with strong advocacy in Washington to assure stability and awareness of the important work that is accomplished. If you are a provider and want to work daily where you know you wil make a difference in a patient's life, this is the perfect fit for you.
Pros
Flexibility, commitment to quality and access, mission driven
Cons
Busy work day
no breaks
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Hardly get our 1 hour lunch, never get a break, job always changes every week. No routines, Lab is a mess all the time. I'm a very organized person and keep very good books
Pros
some meetings with lunch
Cons
no breaks.
Hard to advance if your not good friends with mangement
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Not a good place to work, management hire new staff that are there friends a pay them more than other staff that have more experience. They over work you and under pay you
Pros
Cons
under paid and always ready to write you up for
Fast growing organization
NP (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Open to advance and give you opportunity to grow. Happy with the staff and strong team.

We are servicing the needy and touching lives.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Busy
ehh
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 6, 2017
not the best place to work for job security was terrible and the pay was low I was not happy at all going in to work one day and being fired due to lack of income on their part is rediculous
Okay
Access/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYDecember 20, 2016
Anyone who needs to start in the healthcare field and take advantage of their training and hands on skills for both career growth and personal growth.
Horrible place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Haverstraw, NYAugust 13, 2016
You are underpaid and overworked, they are always short of staff and hire people with no experience and you have to pick up the slack.All they care about is money and not patient care. Management is in capable of handling anything, they are childish and make things personal, if you try to give an opinion you are reminded that you are not management.they send all over rock land for training that has nothing to do with your position or job duties. And there is favoritism there, no wonder nobody stays, there is always a revolving door of employees because it's the worst place ever to work. I would rather in McDonald's than ever work there again!
Not what they seem
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJuly 18, 2016
I have worked for this company in the past. What they tell you during your interview process the hrs. and days you will be working, is the total opposite. They extend hrs and days with no forewarning, open up on weekends and tell you that you have to rotate. Does not care about life outside the clinic. Preachers the off time is critical for peace of mind but yet you never know what days and hrs you work. The raises are horrible and give you more and more responsibilities and with no compensation. They let the employees that don't lift a finger get away with everything and falling on the employees who work their butt off. Its all about the company while they take more and give less. Hugh HIPPA violations going on at these clinics, if you work for them be sure to have malpractice insurance, you will need it. This is only some of the things, be aware, be very aware working for this company
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Your life is not yours anymore when you sign the dotted line
Very concerning environment and management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJuly 6, 2016
Each day at work is fine if you can keep your head down and not get involved or pay attention to the shifting tides.

Some positions are absolutely toxic, there are two positions in particular that I'm thinking of that have had 4 different staff in a matter of 9 months. That seems like a management/training issue, not a staffing issue. I doubt anybody will ever realize it's a management issue.

When looking at coworkers it seems like HRH is a job-factory funded by money from CMS (Center for Medicaid Medicare Services). It seems like if you get along with people and can minimally accomplish anything then you have decent job security.

Certain divisions engage in highly questionable business practices.

Advice: Work closely with your peers, do good work, and care about the clients.
Pros
Paychecks are generally nice
Cons
Huge amounts of nepotism, not sure how certain leaders are even in their positions
Veneer of Friendliness Hides Toxic Environment
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 2, 2016
Toxic work environment. Was falsely accused of using a racial slur and not even given due process to defend myself. Intimidating atmosphere of subtle threats and monitoring. No protection of employee rights other than the usual zero tolerance of any type of harassment (except when management decides to harass YOU). Meanwhile, if you UTTER a word that someone FEELS is offensive, you're finished. Ludicrous, communist-style environment. On top of that, no cohesive training program. All "make it up as you go along", so-called training. One person tells you to do something one way, another tells you to do it differently. Then you are reprimanded for not doing it the way they just decided you should do it, until they change their minds again. Unworkable learning environment.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
read my comments
Southampton site, toxic place to work in.
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYJune 20, 2016
I like what HRHCare has to offer to our community and what it stands for. Certain locations do have a positive environment to work in, but please do not work in the Southampton location. Nurse manager and operations manager are very impotent. They don't do anything but demand, do this do that!..Communication is horrible and office is very unorganized. All they do is gossip behind their employees backs and have favoritism to certain employees. Once they see you're a good worker they give you even more work! without a thank you.
That site is a very toxic environment to work in.