Hudson River Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Haverstraw, NYAugust 13, 2016
You are underpaid and overworked, they are always short of staff and hire people with no experience and you have to pick up the slack.All they care about is money and not patient care. Management is in capable of handling anything, they are childish and make things personal, if you try to give an opinion you are reminded that you are not management.they send all over rock land for training that has nothing to do with your position or job duties. And there is favoritism there, no wonder nobody stays, there is always a revolving door of employees because it's the worst place ever to work. I would rather in McDonald's than ever work there again!
Not what they seem
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJuly 18, 2016
I have worked for this company in the past. What they tell you during your interview process the hrs. and days you will be working, is the total opposite. They extend hrs and days with no forewarning, open up on weekends and tell you that you have to rotate. Does not care about life outside the clinic. Preachers the off time is critical for peace of mind but yet you never know what days and hrs you work. The raises are horrible and give you more and more responsibilities and with no compensation. They let the employees that don't lift a finger get away with everything and falling on the employees who work their butt off. Its all about the company while they take more and give less. Hugh HIPPA violations going on at these clinics, if you work for them be sure to have malpractice insurance, you will need it. This is only some of the things, be aware, be very aware working for this company
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Your life is not yours anymore when you sign the dotted line
Veneer of Friendliness Hides Toxic Environment
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 2, 2016
Toxic work environment. Was falsely accused of using a racial slur and not even given due process to defend myself. Intimidating atmosphere of subtle threats and monitoring. No protection of employee rights other than the usual zero tolerance of any type of harassment (except when management decides to harass YOU). Meanwhile, if you UTTER a word that someone FEELS is offensive, you're finished. Ludicrous, communist-style environment. On top of that, no cohesive training program. All "make it up as you go along", so-called training. One person tells you to do something one way, another tells you to do it differently. Then you are reprimanded for not doing it the way they just decided you should do it, until they change their minds again. Unworkable learning environment.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
read my comments
Southampton site, toxic place to work in.
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYJune 20, 2016
I like what HRHCare has to offer to our community and what it stands for. Certain locations do have a positive environment to work in, but please do not work in the Southampton location. Nurse manager and operations manager are very impotent. They don't do anything but demand, do this do that!..Communication is horrible and office is very unorganized. All they do is gossip behind their employees backs and have favoritism to certain employees. Once they see you're a good worker they give you even more work! without a thank you.
That site is a very toxic environment to work in.
Program Coordinator
SERVICE COORDINATOR /ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 6, 2016
When I worked at HRHC I was the Program coordinator for EI and CPSE. I loved my job and the only reason I left was because I went back to school for my Masters.
Great place to work enjoyed my time there.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYMay 10, 2016
I had an outstanding learning experience and worked with great Doctors and staff. Great balance between fun and efficiency.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, accured time off and learning
Great Company Culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYSeptember 27, 2015
The company culture at Hudson River HealthCare is great. People truly care about those they are helping and the communities they are helping on a daily basis. The compensation is lower than one would think because they are a not for profit company.
New Working Environment
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wyandanch,NYAugust 10, 2015
No two days are the same at HRHCare. We can be very busy from the time we open the doors until closing. My team works well together with our communication. I've learned learned how to work under pressure and continue to be accurate with my work. I would say the hardest part of the job would be what we call our "rush time" and thats when we have a large number be patients waiting on line with either waiting to be checked in for their appointment,requesting medication refill,checking on medical forms that they have dropped off to be completed by their physician,etc the list goes on. I take it as being difficult because I know most people do not want to have to stand for a long period of time. I may have patients who need to update their demographic information or insurance and those thing can take up time. But I always make sure to smile and apologize, and thank each patience for waiting. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a patient leaves happy and tell you thank you,they acknowledge you for anything you've helped them with. It happened to me today,a new patient told me he appreciated me for being so kinda and helpful,it makes you feel really good about your job.
Pros
Lunch times are good, great staff
Cons
Healthcare could have more options
horrible
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYApril 1, 2015
At first HRHC seemed like a perfect job. Nice people the boss at that time seemed cool . I took the oppertunity to help HRHC open up another health care center. For almost a month I was the only employee at this new center busted my behind!!! Took work home. Mind you I have a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old... So everything is going well I go back to my orginial site and I start having little minor problems with a co worker so I of course keep my mouth shut and decided to see if I could transfer to Wyandanch. 1 week later I was let go because this one person who has been SUSPENDED for being rude to patients .. People again SUSPENDED ONLY . told my boss some untruthful stuff about me. They didn't think 2x of letting me go the week of thanksgiving and right before the holidays!! They use and abuse you big time all I kept thinking was WOW after I busted my behind for them! So don't be fooled this company is the worst company to work for they don't care about they're employees at all!!
Pros
pay was alright
Cons
This FQHC has lost their mission and treat clinical staff horribly .
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 2, 2015
HHRCare is an awful place to work.
The Healthcare providers and staff are all wonderful and are there because they (like me) are working in an FQHC because they want to help people.
Everybody makes less than one would in the private sector and the tradeioff should be happiness and less stress at work .
Well..not so.
Management who has no clinical experience dictates and bullies the clinical staff.
They do not listen to those who actually treat patients and the attitude is "shut up and just see as many patients you can a day for the shortest amount of time each "
It is very sad .

They have an incompetent HR department so am employee has no support.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management and exec team have no clinical experience and therefore has no idea waft they are doing
good company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ny, nyNovember 11, 2014
Worked as a medical asst. for this company, and performed many tasks and duties along side a great team .
Pros
job security
HRHC is no longer a warm and caring health center to work with.
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  WestchesterNovember 10, 2014
Work with HRHC for little less five years. When I first went on board I was told HRHC was a warm and caring health center which it was for a while until something went so wrong with management. I enjoyed my job but careful of those back stabbers. Don't trust your co-worker. Management doesn't care about you as a person who work their tail off to make a living just to scrape pennies to pay your bills. Yearly increase is a measly 3% which sometimes works out to less that 25 cents. Seriously, who gives that kind of raise when CEO makes over $500,000. Some employees will kiss $$$ just to be mgnt favorite. One mgnt thinks he's that all and more. This can be a very stressful and hostile environment to work in. Best part of my job was learning so much about what physicians has to do to become a professional MD's CNN, PA's etc. I made friends with so many of HRHC employees and still continue my relationship with them. Theo is one of the best employee HRHC will ever have. Getting promoted is almost never happens unless you are related to someone in management.
Pros
you can really have fun and enjoy doing your job, as long as you don't have someone else treating you like one of their child, caring for patients and the community is their number one priority except their employees.
Cons
working with some co-workers can be a nuance. mgnt sucks.
I enjoyed working in the Health care field and HR Department
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYAugust 29, 2014
I really enjoyed going to the seminars learning more about our Department the dos and the don'ts.
Pros
learning the law of hr
Cons
department take over
Lame
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  AmityvilleJuly 25, 2014
First and foremost you must be aware that company will not be upfront with you. They appear to value their funding over patient care and when you go to orientation you will recognize that trait right away. I had attended orientation everyday, 30 miles from my home for 3 weeks only to be let go on the last day of orientation. Their excuses for the let go seemed made up, After passing all the competencies, some lab tech who was reviewing our fingersticks, told me I was being let go because my nursing skillls were not up to their standards. Mind me now, this was revealed to me 3 weeks after the nursing competency section of the training. It didnt really phase me because the RN we had to shadow in our training filled my ear with HRHC horror stories which only exacerbated the negative gut feelings I was already having about this company. My reason for this posting is because Im currently working at a facility that is slated to be taken over by HRHC and the employees are bending my ear about this company and I have no problem telling them about my experience.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
cannot be trusted. make sure you have a plan b when you go to work for this company.
Stressful atmosphere / employees are not protected
Patient care (Former Employee) –  HaverstrawMay 6, 2014
Patients are allowed to speak and treat you like garbage. Management does not side with you or even want to hear your side of the story , you are automatically the bad guy and guilty.
No room for advancement. Protocols and work flow change on a daily basis without warning.
You have to do extreme brown nosing to get anywhere in this company, so if you don't mind losing your pride and can look at yourself in the mirror everyday & like being politically correct AKA fake, like being belittled and disrespected by patients;Then this is the job for you.
Pros
doctors are great, clinical staff are awesome
Cons
management is unpredictable, patients are disrespectful with a sense of entitlement .no advancements, nickel & dime raises.
okay place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYMay 6, 2014
This company has a hidden agenda, so beware. They have zero respect for their employees. They always stress seeing a lot of patients on a daily basis, but its not in the best interest. How can it be when the CEO of the company is making $500,000 per year, while employees are struggling to scrape pennies together to feed their families.
Culturally competent and great community services
Genesis Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYApril 12, 2014
Great opportunity to work with under served population. Had the opportunity to learn case management and work with an amazing group of people.

The hardest part of the job is working 15 minutes with a patient to process two hours of paperwork. I enjoy servicing the community overall.
Pros
some free lunches, mileage reimbursement, good trainings
Cons
not enough health insurance, no comp time, could use more structure
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYAugust 27, 2013
The hours were from 8-6 and we were open from Monday-Saturday. There was five of us that sat at the front desk. We did check in/check out, answered phones, registered patients and helped coordinate patient care with the Dr's and their medical assistants. It was always busy so the day always went by pretty fast. I learned to have a lot of compassion for our patients. We have primary care physicians, an ob/gyn department and an hiv program. The hardest part about the job was getting attached to patients that were sick and then have to deal with them passing away. Overall, Hudson River Healthcare was the best job I ever had. My manager was the best. She was very understanding and was patient with all of us during our training.
Pros
i loved this job.
Cons
dealing with the passing away of patients.
very good work place
Senior Dental Assistant/ Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Beacon, NYJune 20, 2013
very good work place, very, very , very place, the enjoyable part of the job, the hardest part of the job, your co-workers, what you learned,
Team work was fabulous,it was a great experience and fulfilling.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYApril 23, 2013
Typical day was very busy,but the teamwork was great.Everybody was always willing to help out where they could. The hardest part of the job was when patients came to the clinic that were terminal,and you got to know them and their families and then they were gone. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients recooperate after a long hall. Management was great, they were always on top of things.
Pros
had a lot of in service training, comradary beteen workers, like family.
Cons
i really can't think of any. i would have stayed there, but i had health problems that kept me from working for several months and so i retired from there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson River Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9