Hudson River Park Trust Employee Reviews

Environment & Education Department was a joy to work with.
Environmental Educator & Field Science Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
The Park staff created a friendly work environment. Supervisors were respectful, supportive, and pushed me to become a stronger educator and scientist. I am proud to now also consider them friends.
productive and confortable place to work in
Landscaper/ Assist Gardener (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
My daily routine start with meeting with my zone supervisor to go over what task is going focus on first and last on which location. In the morning we work hard as a team and the afternoon we work lit in separate spot at the park. We work as a team. Visitors most of the time are nice. Hard part is dealing with weather change, where everything is postpone to the next day. I truly enjoy the reaction of everyone that come to Hudson River Park Trust.
Pros
seasonal appreciation celebrations days
Cons
Not enough time
Training
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  East riverApril 19, 2015
I signed for banquet server position and the rate they told me 25 an hour, but the tricky is, you have to pass the training course with quizzes, you have to work also for minimum wage, in my opinion, they hooking up the candidates and push them to work with 8 dollars an hour, and there's no guarantee you will get this job as training has to be done in one or two weeks. It is just wasted time and free work.
Pros
Training
Cons
No break
Great enviroment
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
You experience a culturally diverse environment and learn how to organize play time with everyone.
Enjoyed working at Hudson River Park Trust
IT Intern-Environmental educator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2013
I was a help desk intern, and I learned a lot at this company. Everyday I learned a new skill. I learned on working with Blackberry, Citrix servers and network printing. Management were very helpful and knowledgeable. My co-workers were also very helpful. The hardest part of the job was finding things to work on while waiting on a trouble call. Working with my co-workers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Non attentive to employees and unsafe work practices
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2012
The area of work is fantastic. The supervisors are un responsive to requests for proper tools and supplies to properly maintenance and secure park. they abuse and mis-use the Doe Fund employees who are responsible for the general custodial maintenace of the park. Its at will and basically if you speak up your replaced.
Pros
park setting is a tranquil work environment
Cons
supervisors are verbally abusive and authority is abused as well.
Review
street cleaner ...6yrs ago. (Former Employee) –  Jersey Cty / NYCAugust 5, 2012
nice place to work....just out all season long...winter...spring..summer and fall....not cool..at all...other than that....The Doe Fund is doing good for the communities.its in......Good jod...Mc Donalds family.
Pros
get paid while getting life back in order.
Cons
to many bosses...