Hudson Valley Bank Employee Reviews

stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 8, 2017
Vault teller entails many responsibilities. Money was taken care by me and i had to distribute the money to other tellers and make sure shipment coming in or out were correct. Vault must match or auditing has to occur befor eyou leave if the difference was alot.
not worth it
Senor Teller (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 18, 2017
it is simple they do not value the employee. They do not pay enough and the benefits are not worth it. They make you do the job of 3 employees for the salary of one.
fun place
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New City, NYApril 13, 2017
it is a good place to meet people and learn alot. There are sales and lots of money handleing involved. i enjoy my time working here. they should focus more on customer service then forcing sales thoug
Down Hill
Assistant Branch Manager/Officer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 19, 2016
The company went down hill with the hiring of new executives that changed the corporate culture. Job advancement only went to those who were a certain look, gossiped, or was in the click.
Fun place to learn
Senior Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 10, 2016
a place where everyone are team playes, someone was there for you to ask questions, a helping hand to where you want to go in your career
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2015
caring and attentive management , good training programs. great work life balance. you get to meet a lot of professionals in various fields
Pros
effective training programs
no a fun place to be at
Lead Teller/Floating Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2015
worse place to work at...
this place is not a fair emplayment opportunity its all about who you know it does not matter how much experience or degree you have..
Good place to grow
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 13, 2015
It is a really great place to work, a really smooth and different environment. Sometimes gets really busy, but is good because the day goes pretty fast. Co-workers are really nice and helpful. Is a company where they really value their employees.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes.
Cons
A hour break.
Hudson Valley Bank
Relationship Manager, AVP - Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, New YorkJune 25, 2015
Enjoyable environment to work and grow in. Supportive upper management who are knowledgeable and readily available for anything you may need.
Productive place to work for.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 17, 2015
Productive place to work for and availability of external training. Close knit environment and diversified products.
Pros
external training availability
Cons
upcoming reorganization
Fun, productive, and friendly enviornment
Security & Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 26, 2014
By far the greatest bank/employment experience. During my internship I learned a lot. The staff was friendly and understanding. They were willing to teach me as much of everything as they could.

I was given an opportunity, and although it was only temporary, it is an opportunity that I will always be grateful for. My internship was not easy - there was a lot of learning, but it was also the most enjoyable part of my job at Hudson Valley Bank.

The management team made it their mission that I learn as much as I could. Thanks to them, I learned a lot about information security, compliance, and residential/commercial loans. I learned the importance of auditing, not only at a branch level, but also at greater level with loans. I was taught the importance of regulations as well as fair lending analysis.
Pros
Great management, great learning environment, winderful staff
very productive atmosphere to work in, exciting loved the clients wonderful experience
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 17, 2014
Opened the branch for daily operations.
I learned how to open customer accounts.
The management was great, we worked as a team.
loved all my co-workers.
I don't know if there was a hard part to the job.
The people I worked with were great we were like family, we helped each other and that is what made the work enjoyable.
Very great workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 24, 2014
The Bank was a great environment to work with. There are Pros and cons for all company's however for a small business banking this meet all my needs.
Nice place to work must have a car to work there.
VP/SENIOR CREDIT UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  21 Scarsdale Road Yonkers New YorkMay 19, 2014
Hard work is a must the credit staff there is very experienced and very helpful.
Pros
Cons
None .
Work
Electronic Banking Specialist/Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 25, 2014
I like my current hours. It is an ok job but it is not for me. The people are nice and friendly. I have learned a lot about banking. The best part for me right now are my hours and the fact that I have a job.
This was a good company, just not a healthly working environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 10, 2013
I loved my job, i was the Head Teller and my Manager allowed me to Manage them in every aspect. i enjoyed that he allowed me to manage as well as the customer base. if it involved my Tellers i had control over it. i loved the Business aspect of this company, but it wasnt a very friendly work environment due to the higher ups and back office. my Branch was amazing, i loved every part of my day. the staff, the customers, the celebrations and my manager was the best.
Pros
this position made me love the business world
Cons
it was a very busy branch
Nice place to work
Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYOctober 1, 2013
Learned a lot about the banking industry coming over with no previous experience. Most people are very helpful.
bank teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 4, 2013
Computer literate- can quickly learn new software, major strengths in planning, problem solving interpersonal, organizational skills, received checks, cash for deposits, verified amounts in person, through mail,Compared totaled amounts with computer screen, balances currency, coins and cash draw at end of shift,using calculator, sold traveler's checks, savings bonds, money orders, cashier's checks, certified checks , i did everything that was needed and more
Cons
i think no growth
Community Bank
AVP, Training & Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 1, 2013
Hudson Valley Bank was a secure bank with a family environment. Since undergoing a change in management, a different mood has evolved.
Pros
great coworkers
An old school community bank stuck in its ways
Mid-level Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 20, 2013
Working for HVB was, overall, a positive experience. While the most recent economic downturn had a major impact on HVB's ability to turn a profit, entrenched executive management that is resistant to any meaningful change is ultimately the company's biggest liability.
Pros
exceptional people make up the rank-and-file employees at hvb
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement, entrenched management, resistance to change