Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union

Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Very strict but quality people
Teller/Trainer (Former Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYSeptember 20, 2014
Overall I found that it sharpened my business skills while providing me with greater organizational and people skills
Productive and busy place to work at
Branch/Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons: short breaks, point system for lateness/absence
Typical day consists of helping members with their financial needs and wants. It means roving great member service. Work well with management and co-workers.
Typical retail environment
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 1, 2014
Customer service, needs based selling, teller transactions.
Team environment, member focused, needs based sales culture
Training and Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 8, 2014
Pros: hour lunch to allow for sufficient down time during the day
Cons: compensation
Main job focus is to facilitate training classes with multiple students at a time or one on one training. When not instructing classes the job responsibilities are to maintain training material, follow up with previous participants on how their on the job training is going, as well as track assessment scores.
The Best Employer I've Ever Had!
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: upward mobility
Cons: major changes incoming
The Credit Union is constantly growing and changing. New branches are opening and employees are constantly rising the ranks.
Many perks
Collector (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Hourly calls quotas and monthly Promises to Pay quotas. Work one late night a week and two Saturdays a month. Co-workers very pleasurable to work with. Incentives like "Jean day" and "Food day".
Like High School all over again
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), New YorkMay 13, 2013
Very clicky and petty. A lot of gossip and conspiring to fire people. They work hard to fire people who don't deserve to be fired and don't work hard enough to fire the people that should be fired.
Cared about their worker's/customer's needs.
Teller I (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 21, 2013
The best work place to work for. my needs were always heard and every time I needed help there was always someone there to answer my questions.
Great learning experience
FT Teller I / Marketing Champion (Current Employee), Beacon, NYApril 14, 2013
Pros: great compensation & benefits, culture & value, as well as work / life balance
Cons: advancement
A typical work day includes servicing our members through needs based selling, creating meetings that keep staff and members updated of the numerous products and services that we offer to provide the best financial solutions available.
Good for some, but not for all
NA (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
The benefits are good, but the pay is well below what it should be in nearly every department. Every employee is micro-managed and many positions are high stress. Employee moral is very low and has been for quite some time. Development opportunities and tuition reimbursement are offered, but higher salary positions rarely ever open up.
productive
Teller (Former Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYJanuary 22, 2013
the credit union was a very nice and well balanced job. they were always able to work with you for example if you were goinbg to school or had another job they made it were as if you needed to switch shifts there was alaways some body to cover you or they would make it so it was convienent for you and you were never out of a job.
The Worst Local Employer
Collector (Former Employee), PoughkeepsieJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: if you were grandfathered in the vacation time was good.
Cons: everything else
Management in my department knew that I was being harassed by my co-workers and let it go on for years. As soon as I stood up for myself, those same co-workers made up lies about me, and threatened en masse to quit if I wasn't fired. And that is what happened, after I put in just under five years of service (and was being considered for promotion). – more... Everyone who works there just wants out. Morale is zero and the HR department is a joke. – less

February 10, 2013

I thought I was an equal employee working as a team member in my department. Suddenly, I got warnings when no one else was, for the same issues. I was concerned about my performance. I was told everything was fine. Then, I was fired. I have no idea what happened, or what caused this to happen. HR ?

Busy work environment
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 8, 2012
Work friendly environment. The typical day was very busy and i was constantly active and moving. The hardest part of the job was reaching the sales goals. The best thing about this jobs was the benefits and the friendly environment.
Great place to be
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great people and the pay
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at the credit union. I meet new people everyday and get to learn about new things on a daily basis. While there I am responsible for processing transactions and directing our members to the right departments when needed. I also do light cleaning at the end of my shift

February 10, 2013

The pay is low. Below standard for all positions, except management. Local secretaries and maintenance workers' salaries are higher than teller, fsr, loan, collections, contact center, member network, etc. CAN NOT support a single person on hvfuc salaries!

I've grown to love them.
Financial Service Rep (Current Employee), Orange County, NYOctober 5, 2012
Pros: work environment, training & development
Cons: n/a
I've been an employee for 4 yrs, first as a teller & most recently as an FSR. HVFCU is an overall great company to work for. Yes, their standards are high; but that's because of their primary focus on our membership. They hire qualified individuals & offer extensive training both in-branch & in a classroom to ensure employees are prepared. They have – more... low tolerance for errors, especially if a trend develops, no matter how small the error, although I don't see how any error can be considered "small" considering we deal with people's finances.
HVFCU is also very involved in the community. I've been fortunate to work with a great group of coworkers during my time here. My management team has been supportive in my development & continues to do so. The company has recently had a 3rd party evaluated our salaries in comparison to the competition which shows the company's interest in remaining competitive in the workforce. – less
They Demand Perfection
Teller (Former Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 1, 2012
In the finance field, it is kind of expected that the error rate is really low for company standards. Most of the time it is fine. Be weary when life hits you in the face. They have an open door policy, which fell on deaf ears. For the amount of work you do as a teller, you are not compensated nor is the workers appreciated unless he/she is perfect. – more... The people are very friendly and provide a good work environment, the company gives back to the community more than I have seen any company do. Posatives things are rewarded as a group, but not remembered when a mistake is made. Even when a small mistake is made, and fixed before any damage is done, it is ALL documented and reviewed. But when you are doing things properly, or exceeding expectations... no emphasis is made nor rewarded. – less
Great job for the right person.
Teller. (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, New YorkSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great for long term employees.
Cons: lots of stress, low pay, rough hours.
Co-workers are very friendly. Happy atmosphere.
Start and ending times and breaks are not flexible.

October 4, 2012

what day will be your last?

Starbucks
Teller I (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 9, 2012
GREAT place for first time workers. Great benefits and great atmosphere.