Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful branch manager
Teller (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 10, 2016
This was my first bank job, so I did learn a lot and would like to stay in this field. I work with numerous different titled employees there, which lets me know that if I stay in this field there is room to grow.
Productive Workplace-Great team work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 10, 2016
Worked independently as well as with coworkers within my department as well as with other departments to resovlve member issues. I learned to navigate multiple systems.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team of coworkers.
The hardest part of my job was that members of management did not take the time to learn the tasks of the department and therefore did not schedule tasks so be accomplished efficiently.
Benefits
Terrible
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, NYFebruary 27, 2016
A terrible place to work. The management is awful, HR is unhelpful, and they work you like a dog. Leaving this place was the best thing I ever did for my career and sanity.
Great place to work, work as a Team
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYDecember 31, 2015
Overall a great place to work, great work environment as well as team oriented. You learn a lot as well as learn to provide excellent customer service.
I used to like this job
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 17, 2015
This is a good job of you want to get stuck in a mental brain wash. They made promises they couldn't keep. A lot of the managers/supervisors are unprofessional and immature, sadly upper management doesn't see it cause when they need to you'll find them on their best behavior.

This company recently underwent a complete system downgrade. The staff was not nearly trained enough, everything takes longer to load, the members are unhappy, the staff is overworked and stressed, everyone is miserable.
Cons
Micro managed
I Honestly Love Work Here
Teller I (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYDecember 11, 2015
I love working for this company. The staff is great. They are just like a family to me. The benefits are decent and the opportunities to move up in the company are unlimited.
Great and fun place to work and grow as an undergraduate.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYNovember 12, 2015
Really enjoyed this positon, the hardest part was working with so many new people everyday doing the same exact thing day after day. It as if you want to be pushed and learn more but the job is honesty so easy.
Enjoy going to work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable of my job was meeting customer and helping them with their banking issues.

I really got along with management as well as my co-workers.

The hardest part was leaving due to no available full time positions.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 8, 2015
An awesome company to grow and learn. Management was very supportive. Face to face interactions with people. Left with great cash handling experience.
Financial Sales Representative/Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Very efficient workplace, every one knows exactly what to do and how to do it.

Procedures and workflows are very thorough.

Management is nice but only cares about work being done, not employees.

No room for advancement in department.

Hardest part- dealing with members that insist on receiving acceptions to policies
Most enjoyable- getting members out of collections
Excellent benefits!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 7, 2015
HVFCU will always be one of the best companies I worked for. They have great benefits and there is always career advancement opportunities. To this day I still keep in touch with my old 'work family'.
Pros
excellent benefits
Decent job but not the right job for everyone
Teller I (Current Employee) –  PoughkeepsieJune 23, 2015
-Typical day would be helping about 100 or so members a day.
-Strong attention to sales although they dont tell you that when you are hired.
-Responsible for handling a lot of cash and performing a lot of transactions without any error while doing so.
-The pay doesnt seem like its scaled well for the work being done, I felt like I should have been making more.
-The company is enjoyable to work for but interoffice politics run rampant in most of the branches. If you cant keep up with there life style you may find yourself shuned more off than not.
Pros
Good benefits, room for advancement, some decent people to work with
Cons
Strong sales model with little compensation for it, Huge company doesnt listen to the needs anymore.
Great Place to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 17, 2015
I was employed at HVFCU for about 14 years. I loved every position I held, and all the people I worked with. HVFCU was a fair, respectful employer. I would recommend them as an employer.
Great place to work.
ATM Proof Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 10, 2015
I worked part-time hours in a confined space with several other women counting enormous amounts of money. Everyone worked well together in teams of 2. The hardest part of the job was always being a duo. The easiest part was the end of the day.
Pros
People
Typical Day
IT Computer Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 4, 2015
Work is fast paced and requires one to be able to multi-task. My colleagues at work are amazing people that are always there to help and is a pleasure to work with. It makes the work place a happier place to work in with no conflicts.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
n
opportunity for advancement
Loan Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 24, 2015
There is opportunity for advancement and and growth to other departments within the credit union as well s within the department.
great workplace to be in
Teller I (Former Employee) –  wappingers falls, nyFebruary 9, 2015
I was a teller for two years on and off due to schooling. If I was there permanently I would have moved up at least a position or two if there were openings. Management is always there to help and co-workers were always friendly and made a great work atmosphere.
there are pros and cons.
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for the credit union, but be wise to avoid making any mistakes. They are like big brother, highly monitoring your every move. At times they have a no tolerance policy. The supervisors don't care for you personally. The members can be very needy but at times there is happiness at work.
Pros
vending machines, atm on site, learn a lot about the financial world.
Cons
half hour lunch break, they expect way too much, expect you to know everything.
One of the best companies to work for in NY
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYOctober 11, 2014
My position is mainly for member maintenance and information. During a normal day I will assist members with changes to their accounts, setting up times for them to speak to bankers, etc. More information is posted on my resume.
Very strict but quality people
Teller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYSeptember 20, 2014
Overall I found that it sharpened my business skills while providing me with greater organizational and people skills