Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Insurance Agency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 21, 2017
• Reduced the amount of time to distribute vendor reports by half through process improvement
• Continuously improved insurance operations process which resulted in greater work productivity
• Drove general office operations including high-volume phone management, expense reporting appointment scheduling and file system management
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low pay
great environment with chances to grow within the company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMarch 7, 2017
great job, for someone starting or looking for a career.
I learned a lot and got to meet great people. the only bad thing is the schedule its all over.
Pros
great company
Cons
low salary
n/a
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Although this company preaches about steady employment and caring about its employees. It only cares about the outcome the employee has. They do not care about outside lives or anything that pertains to outside of the company
A good company to work for
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 3, 2016
I like the ability to learn new things and as an auditor that was always the way. First and second layer of management is good but the senior management isn't as in touch with the workers as they should. I loved my coworkers and they were the best part of the job. Working in a team minded organization such as the credit union makes coming to work worth it.
Pros
Good benefits, great team organization.
Cons
Pay isn't so great
Nice Place to Start
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 2, 2016
Good place to begin your career. Upward movement is slow. Decent benefits. Lots of fun coworkers. I would recommend as a foot in the door.
Pros
Commute is nil
Cons
Management is incompetent
The people I work with
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 28, 2016
Originating and finalizing loans, help members with accounts problems, assist wherever needed, teller transactions
Cons
No full time positions will open.
Wonderful branch manager
Teller (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 10, 2016
This was my first bank job, so I did learn a lot and would like to stay in this field. I work with numerous different titled employees there, which lets me know that if I stay in this field there is room to grow.
Productive Workplace-Great team work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 10, 2016
Worked independently as well as with coworkers within my department as well as with other departments to resovlve member issues. I learned to navigate multiple systems.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team of coworkers.
The hardest part of my job was that members of management did not take the time to learn the tasks of the department and therefore did not schedule tasks so be accomplished efficiently.
Benefits
Terrible
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, NYFebruary 27, 2016
A terrible place to work. The management is awful, HR is unhelpful, and they work you like a dog. Leaving this place was the best thing I ever did for my career and sanity.
Great place to work, work as a Team
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYDecember 31, 2015
Overall a great place to work, great work environment as well as team oriented. You learn a lot as well as learn to provide excellent customer service.
I used to like this job
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 17, 2015
This is a good job of you want to get stuck in a mental brain wash. They made promises they couldn't keep. A lot of the managers/supervisors are unprofessional and immature, sadly upper management doesn't see it cause when they need to you'll find them on their best behavior.

This company recently underwent a complete system downgrade. The staff was not nearly trained enough, everything takes longer to load, the members are unhappy, the staff is overworked and stressed, everyone is miserable.
Cons
Micro managed
I Honestly Love Work Here
Teller I (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYDecember 11, 2015
I love working for this company. The staff is great. They are just like a family to me. The benefits are decent and the opportunities to move up in the company are unlimited.
Great and fun place to work and grow as an undergraduate.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYNovember 12, 2015
Really enjoyed this positon, the hardest part was working with so many new people everyday doing the same exact thing day after day. It as if you want to be pushed and learn more but the job is honesty so easy.
Enjoy going to work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable of my job was meeting customer and helping them with their banking issues.

I really got along with management as well as my co-workers.

The hardest part was leaving due to no available full time positions.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 8, 2015
An awesome company to grow and learn. Management was very supportive. Face to face interactions with people. Left with great cash handling experience.
Financial Sales Representative/Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Very efficient workplace, every one knows exactly what to do and how to do it.

Procedures and workflows are very thorough.

Management is nice but only cares about work being done, not employees.

No room for advancement in department.

Hardest part- dealing with members that insist on receiving acceptions to policies
Most enjoyable- getting members out of collections
Excellent benefits!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 7, 2015
HVFCU will always be one of the best companies I worked for. They have great benefits and there is always career advancement opportunities. To this day I still keep in touch with my old 'work family'.
Pros
excellent benefits
Decent job but not the right job for everyone
Teller I (Current Employee) –  PoughkeepsieJune 23, 2015
-Typical day would be helping about 100 or so members a day.
-Strong attention to sales although they dont tell you that when you are hired.
-Responsible for handling a lot of cash and performing a lot of transactions without any error while doing so.
-The pay doesnt seem like its scaled well for the work being done, I felt like I should have been making more.
-The company is enjoyable to work for but interoffice politics run rampant in most of the branches. If you cant keep up with there life style you may find yourself shuned more off than not.
Pros
Good benefits, room for advancement, some decent people to work with
Cons
Strong sales model with little compensation for it, Huge company doesnt listen to the needs anymore.
Great Place to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 17, 2015
I was employed at HVFCU for about 14 years. I loved every position I held, and all the people I worked with. HVFCU was a fair, respectful employer. I would recommend them as an employer.
Great place to work.
ATM Proof Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 10, 2015
I worked part-time hours in a confined space with several other women counting enormous amounts of money. Everyone worked well together in teams of 2. The hardest part of the job was always being a duo. The easiest part was the end of the day.
Pros
People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval