Hudson Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
good enviroment.. At this present moment they can not hire full-time.
Stress Technician- Nuclear Medicine (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYOctober 4, 2013
I enjoy working for this hospital. Everyone is nice and friendly. Due to the economy they are not hiring full-time. I am a mom of two children and I need more security for my family. Otherwise I recommend this place to work if you only looking for per-diem position.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
hire freeze
Fun workplace
Unit Secretary & Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYFebruary 4, 2015
People-oriented, fast paced work environment. Great staff for the most part. Must be a people-person to work here with good communication skills.
Responsible for the printing, submitting and filing of patients’ radiology reports.
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJuly 8, 2013
I answered phones, worked alongside the radiologists and doctors, printed x-rays and reports, filed patients’ confidential folders and utilized various computer programs.
Productive work enviornment, patient care experience
Physical Therapist Aide/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYApril 6, 2012
Announcing patients to the designated therapist, and escorting them to their room. Assisting with any tasks assigned to the patients, and keeping the work environment clean and tidy. Working closely with patients made me realize how much I wanted to go in patient care services. Taking care of a patient as a whole, and listening to their concerns made me want to continue my education. Co-workers became my mentors, which consisted of Physical Therapists. They gave me great advice, reviewed and educated me about their delivery of patient care. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was the only Physical Therapy Aide, for 10-12 Physical Therapists, and 2-3 Occupational Therapist. Each therapist sometimes had 2-3 patients at one hour, which made it hard for me to announce them when they came in and place them in their rooms. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was helping patients with their care and recovery of their injury.
Pros
great benifits, holiday parties, bbqs, friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks/no breaks
summer program
Summer Youth Program (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 2, 2013
Fun learning experience if you decide to be in the medical field
Great leaders
Great stepping stone
Pros
learning experience
Good job, not enough hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 21, 2013
Good place to work. Work friendly environment. Good co workers
Pros
free meals