Huggins Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent, caring, knowledgeable, fun-loving, nursing staff.
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMay 16, 2016
I was happily employed at Huggins Hospital for 22 years. I left employment at Huggins in 2011 to seek other nursing opportunities.
After 5 years absense I returned, bringing with me increased nursing skills, higher education.
Primary reason I returned to Huggins Hospital is my love of the staff and the community. I began my journey at Huggins and want to end it there. I wanted to bring my additional experience to teach new nurses and restore the community's confidence that Huggins is a competent, reliable and safe place to receive medical care.
Pros
Knowledgeable, care nursing staff, good work/home balance, reasonable payscale per skill level good nurse to Pt ratios
Cons
Benefit package needs improvement.
Amazing Providers and staff. Friendly fast paced environment
Professional Medical Assistant/ Head of Referrals (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 17, 2016
Huggins Hospital staff are friendly, respectful and knowledgeable. Everyone worked together as a team to provide the best patient care and it was my pleasure to have been a part of the Internal Medicine and Huggins Hospital team.
small hospital with local employees and patients
Patient Services Coordinator radiology dept (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro NHJanuary 7, 2013
a typical day at Huggins was generally a good day. it is a small hospital so there were more duties for each employee whereas at a larger hospital they have more of a system in place. majority of the people were happy and friendly. depending on department we were a close knit family. hardest part of the job would be when there were unhappy patients. no place is perfect and when you're dealing with sick people, and patient care, it tends to be more difficult. the most enjoyable part of the job was making patients happy. when they would give praise for helping them.
Pros
personable
Cons
healthcare benefits
Recent downwart turn
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHAugust 13, 2014
Huggins hospital was a good place to work. Everyone got along and we worked well as a team. In recent years, new management has come along to attempt to make a small family hospital into something it isn't. Patient care has suffered. As far as job security goes, there isn't any. The leadership has no loyalty to any of it's staff and you may be here today, gone tomorrow.
great
PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 23, 2015
miss working in hospital environment
enjoyed spectrum of care i was able to provide
12 hour shifts added bonus
team spirit throughout hospital everyone helped each other
Pros
12 hour shiftd
Productive and encouraging workplace
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 15, 2012
Great place to work; employees were encouraged to better themselves and there was definitie chance for advancement
Pros
paid schooling
Cons
Great place to start don't intend on staying
Med-Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 18, 2015
A beginner nurse hospital with many areas in need of improvement. There are many great co-workers but the supervisory staff allows for a few "entitled" to pick and choose who stays and who goes. They will cut off their nose off to spite their faces and is evident from day one of the horror stories you hear of how they have wronged so many great people and treated them as yesterdays garbage. The care you receive there is nothing less then exceptional and I would be lying to say otherwise. Working there was a good experience at the time it was not after that I realized the extent of the political games.
Great patients and a fun community
Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  LabMarch 15, 2012
If you can get passed the management relations and the fact that this establishment focuses on appearances instead of patient care you can come to work and personally give the patients 110%
Pros
small community, you get to build a relationship with the patients.
Cons
management, no recognition, vacation/time off and poor follow through.
Meeting multitudes of people each day
Lead Outpatient Registration (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 17, 2013
Registering all patients for outpatient and Emergency services. Very fast-paced and detail oriented. I learned to use a computer program to register, update, and code each patient for services.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to send each person who arrived for the ER directly in for service....some were so ill and had to wait for the triage nurse to call them and evaluate them first.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many people and working with some very awesome professionals.
Pros
people, location
Cons
department supervisor
Average place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHDecember 21, 2014
This hospital is a small convenient hospital for those in the lakes region. It has its pros and cons just like most places. The physician practices in the medical arts location are very busy. You have your good and your bad when it comes to coworkers.
was a temp postion
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 5, 2015
drive patients around and throught the constrution area in a golf cart..maintain saftey and help paients who needed help
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
too many people to answer too
OR orderly
O.R. Orderly (Former Employee) –  wolfeboro nhNovember 3, 2014
great bunch to work with. Staff willing to help.Great atmosphere.
35 bed hospital everyone knows each other
Respiratory Care Practitioner( CRTT) (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 27, 2013
Huggins Hospital is a very nice hospital to work at.
I have been working there for 8 years.

I am moving to Austin Tx.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
small hospital not to many thing happing
Great place to gain experience
Clinical Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHJuly 30, 2014
Great place to gain experience and a happy environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huggins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Huggins Hospital Reviews by Location