Huggins Hospital Employee Reviews

Review
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work is all the staff including the providers do their best to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our patients. In the time that I've spent with this company I have been in all of their outside locations and had the opportunity to pick up most of my skills from these experiences. I feel that being in different scenarios with different teaching styles has made me the employee I am today. Management in the individual offices runs smooth and I actually feel like I have a voice. The atmosphere in my office is nothing less than a team! The hardest part of my job is having to fill positions on the clerical side of things simply because it isn't what drives me.The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to make that difference in a patients day, even if its only for the time they are in the office.
Pros
work environment
benefits
Good workplace
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMarch 28, 2017
I worked at Huggins for 6 years starting on third shift and after two years was asked to take a first shift position which I did it worked out better for my children to be able to see me I continued to work there for four more years in which I was mainly in charge of the floor maintenance and the boiler room
Pros
Not much
Cons
a lot
Great staff!
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADVANCEMENT (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 11, 2017
Great people and commitment by the staff to excel at patient care. The staff genuinely care about each other, and that can make working at Huggins a very positive experience.
stressful place to work due to staff
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHJanuary 17, 2017
Staff runs the department - not the manager making it a stressful place to work.

They make sure they have exactly who they want working with them..
Great little acute care hospital
Emergency room nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHOctober 14, 2016
The first hospital I ever worker at. Efficient, organized ER.
Learned how to be independent, but also how to work as part of the team.
Great support and management
Pros
great neighborhood
Cons
unstable job security
Great facility,wonderful staff, management lacks alot
Surgical First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 23, 2016
Great staff, friendly,caring nice new facility,benefits just average, pay on the low side, management has a lot to be desired the statement you get what you pay for holds true for management at Huggins.
Pros
Great staff, flexible schedule
Cons
Management sucks, low pay scale
Awful management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHAugust 30, 2016
Management gains up on employees to get rid of them makes up lies hostile work environment awful place to work wouldn't recommend unless you kiss butt
Never work here.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WolfboroAugust 18, 2016
Horrific experience. Run. Run fast. Weak management. Coworkers with personal agendas. Unwilling to properly train, then leave you out to dry.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
I love health care, but this was the worst experience in my 35 yrs of nursing.
Excellent, caring, knowledgeable, fun-loving, nursing staff.
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMay 16, 2016
I was happily employed at Huggins Hospital for 22 years. I left employment at Huggins in 2011 to seek other nursing opportunities.
After 5 years absense I returned, bringing with me increased nursing skills, higher education.
Primary reason I returned to Huggins Hospital is my love of the staff and the community. I began my journey at Huggins and want to end it there. I wanted to bring my additional experience to teach new nurses and restore the community's confidence that Huggins is a competent, reliable and safe place to receive medical care.
Pros
Knowledgeable, care nursing staff, good work/home balance, reasonable payscale per skill level good nurse to Pt ratios
Cons
Benefit package needs improvement.
Great work enviorment with great patient care!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossipee, NHMarch 17, 2016
This is a great facility that thrives to better their care towards patients and employees. They succeed in finding the right treatment options and best people to care for the people in need.
Pros
Free lunches, Great relationships, Easy learning enviorment
Cons
Schedule changes frequently, Provider changes frequently, Old building, Old technology
Amazing Providers and staff. Friendly fast paced environment
Professional Medical Assistant/ Head of Referrals (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 17, 2016
Huggins Hospital staff are friendly, respectful and knowledgeable. Everyone worked together as a team to provide the best patient care and it was my pleasure to have been a part of the Internal Medicine and Huggins Hospital team.
great
PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 23, 2015
miss working in hospital environment
enjoyed spectrum of care i was able to provide
12 hour shifts added bonus
team spirit throughout hospital everyone helped each other
Pros
12 hour shiftd
Great place to start don't intend on staying
Med-Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 18, 2015
A beginner nurse hospital with many areas in need of improvement. There are many great co-workers but the supervisory staff allows for a few "entitled" to pick and choose who stays and who goes. They will cut off their nose off to spite their faces and is evident from day one of the horror stories you hear of how they have wronged so many great people and treated them as yesterdays garbage. The care you receive there is nothing less then exceptional and I would be lying to say otherwise. Working there was a good experience at the time it was not after that I realized the extent of the political games.
was a temp postion
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 5, 2015
drive patients around and throught the constrution area in a golf cart..maintain saftey and help paients who needed help
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
too many people to answer too
Average place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHDecember 21, 2014
This hospital is a small convenient hospital for those in the lakes region. It has its pros and cons just like most places. The physician practices in the medical arts location are very busy. You have your good and your bad when it comes to coworkers.
OR orderly
O.R. Orderly (Former Employee) –  wolfeboro nhNovember 3, 2014
great bunch to work with. Staff willing to help.Great atmosphere.
Recent downwart turn
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHAugust 13, 2014
Huggins hospital was a good place to work. Everyone got along and we worked well as a team. In recent years, new management has come along to attempt to make a small family hospital into something it isn't. Patient care has suffered. As far as job security goes, there isn't any. The leadership has no loyalty to any of it's staff and you may be here today, gone tomorrow.
Great place to gain experience
Clinical Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHJuly 30, 2014
Great place to gain experience and a happy environment to work in.
35 bed hospital everyone knows each other
Respiratory Care Practitioner( CRTT) (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 27, 2013
Huggins Hospital is a very nice hospital to work at.
I have been working there for 8 years.

I am moving to Austin Tx.
Pros
small Hospital
Cons
Small hospital not to many thing happing
Meeting multitudes of people each day
Lead Outpatient Registration (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 17, 2013
Registering all patients for outpatient and Emergency services. Very fast-paced and detail oriented. I learned to use a computer program to register, update, and code each patient for services.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to send each person who arrived for the ER directly in for service....some were so ill and had to wait for the triage nurse to call them and evaluate them first.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many people and working with some very awesome professionals.
Pros
People, location
Cons
Department Supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huggins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7